Just seen episode II...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

greenlightsabre
...and I can't believe the amount of storylines stolen from other films. Bladerunner, Gladiator and Jurrasic Park to name a few. Did anyone else not get the 'StarWarsy' feeling about it? I hope I'm not offending anyone about this because I did think it was a good film, but it could have been better.

Texas
I couldn't agree with you more green light sabre guy!! You left out 'The Fifth Element', and I'm sure theres some others!

yerssot
that acklay/reek/nexus scene reminded me of an old King Kong movie...

Ushgarak
Oh headline news, Star Wars is derivative!

It was ALWAYS derivative! Right from the start!

laos76
Just like the original Star Wars has many scenes taken from older movies....so no point to the arguement....have a cigarette.. smokin'

yerssot
That Kurosawa movie with those two farmers as main example

Mujaffa
too cliegg and owen lars?? confused

King Jedi
The Phantom Menace has more Kurosawa "inspired" scenes than the OT. So what? Nothing is new. And no one pretends it is.

The fifth element was a massive Star Wars rip off anyway.

yerssot
isn't that all called "paying tribute"?

LanceWindu
I think so. I like it when screenwriters and directors pay homage to other's in the business

King Jedi
Call it what you like but it means the same thing. Everyone does it. Do you think Blade Runner would have been made anyway if Star Wars didn't become what it did? No.

Ushgarak
Err... well, I rather think Blade Runner would have been made in any case but there is still a ton of stuff that would not. Of course, it might not have had Harrison Ford in, which would have been disastrous...

Jedi Mercenary
Some critics think the real downfall of the new trilogy is that GL has been copied so many times in 25 years, all his ideas has been done before.

yerssot
I thought they refered to the one of wesley snipes...

Jedi Mercenary
Blade Runner, Yerssot, not Blade, or Blade2.

yerssot
errrr... woops big grin

LanceWindu
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Waffle

yerssot
god big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.