The ironing (irony) is delicious

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Alpha Centauri
Just a little something I come across that you might find laughable:

Alex Kapranos has admitted that Franz Ferdinand's music may not go down too well in America due to the nation's bland listening habits.

The Scottish band's frontman feels that the fact that American rock is so 'samey' does not bode well for their widespread success across the Atlantic because his group have a more quirky, interesting sound.

Warners quote him as saying: "It's easy to get discouraged sometimes when you listen to American rock radio because everything is so bland, so self-referential."

Has there ever been a better case of the pot calling the kettle black?

-AC

Lana
laughing

Wow......

Alpha Centauri
What he said about the radio is likely true, but he has no place going around calling anybody's band boring or samey seeing as they produce the same song from the same guitar, EVERY time.

-AC

Lana
Radio's a crap way to judge music.

Especially here in Chicago where the single decent station has just vanished altogether....miffed

Red Superfly
That's crazy.

That reminds me of when Busted were dissin' Pink for pretending to be punk.

Tengu Man
i think he is more or less talking about the mainstream music.I dont listen to rock but the situation is the same with rap no matter how you look at it. You just cant judge music, everybody hears something diffrent if you know what i mean. but i agree he has no right to go making such statements, but it's his opinoin.

Alpha Centauri
You're missing the point.

He's the front man of the most boring band since The Libertines.

-AC

Tengu Man
really? wow

Dr. Strangelove
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

He's the front man of the most boring band since The Libertines.

-AC

Franz music is just boring, Libertines music is the equivalent of Dr. Phil having a shitting seizure. How that band got popular I'll never know.

RedAlertv2
franz ferdinand saying other bands are boring is indeed some great irony

ElectricBugaloo
well since he stole his sound from Talking Heads and Gang of Four...i think he should shut up (also, XTC)

Imaginary
If you only like one of their songs... does it matter if they all sound the same? confused

Alpha Centauri

Him calling American bands (or any bands) boring, is like Coldplay saying that System of a Down aren't lively.

I have no problem with anyone liking Franz's music, though I don't understand why. I'm just saying he shouldn't be calling anyone boring.

-AC

jaden101
making excuses for their failure before the album is even released...quite obvious that they know themselves how shit they are

Imaginary
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

Him calling American bands (or any bands) boring, is like Coldplay saying that System of a Down aren't lively.

I have no problem with anyone liking Franz's music, though I don't understand why. I'm just saying he shouldn't be calling anyone boring.

-AC

Of course, I never said that he was justified in saying that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.