2 hour movie???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

zinh
I haven't read any other threads on this because there are 400 "I wanna do Hermione" and "Slytherin vs. " threads.

I am a little PO'ed over the interview with Newell.

2 hours??? This book should take like 4 hours at LEAST! Why cut the best books time? I want my ass to fall asleep 4 times atleast while watching this erm

This is the longest book in the series yet the shortest movie?? WTF?

Again sorry if this was posted before

MistressofSnape
i know what u mean that got me mad too. it seems though that alot of people don't care about it cause i've been getting crazy looks everytime i talk about how short it is. and a breif appearance by the dursleys that just is bloody rotten. I WANT MORE TIME!!!

actor
Me too!

By the way, Order of the Phoenix is the longest of the series. Not GoF.

zinh
Ahh thought Gof was longer.

Just seems weird that they had thought this might need to be made into 2 movies because the book is so large. Oh well, still hope it rules smile

Saratn
well some of the people of WB had wanted it to be two movies instead of one, but the director thought it would be embarrassing to have to movies for Goblet of Fire.

The Phantom
Originally posted by zinh
I haven't read any other threads on this because there are 400 "I wanna do Hermione" and "Slytherin vs. " threads.

2 hours??? This book should take like 4 hours at LEAST! Why cut the best books time? I want my ass to fall asleep 4 times atleast while watching this erm

Again sorry if this was posted before Here here!

danagrint
yeah! But The 5th is the longest

Saratn
we don't honestly know that for sure...

#1Rupert_Lover
Originally posted by zinh

Again sorry if this was posted before

It's probably a little longer than two hours, and he probably said it because saying something like 2 hour and 45 (or whatever) minute movie wouldn't sound right. because that's what directors usually do in interviews. just a thought

Saratn
yes, but has anyone looked at the LOTR's movies?

#1Rupert_Lover
Originally posted by Saratn
yes, but has anyone looked at the LOTR's movies?

Well, don't get me wrong, I like LOTR, but they can get tiring to watch. Plus, they took tons out of that, too. even the extended version wasn't exactly like the book. personally, I think that as long as the acting and story are good, length doesn't matter. After all, the books are really just reference points for the movies. you should always look for quality over quantity, anyway.

Saratn
well, i'm not saying that they should leave out things or add things, i am just saying that they have a chance to also add things of their own, and to make the smaller things more exciting.
they were really nowheres close having everything from the lotr's book. i never get tired of the movies though...

Insomnia
Does anyone else here want to do hermione? I sure do.

DanZeke25
4 hours? No. More than 2 hours? Yes.

oceanflame
aww i was hoping that the movie was gona e at least 3 hours... but it is not up to me. so i will still go see it big grin

zinh
Originally posted by Insomnia
Does anyone else here want to do hermione? I sure do.

Yes!

But that is besides the point no expression

This movie in book form should be 4 hours IMO.

I thought it was boring thru 1/2 of it, but it needed the plot cheese.

I want the Dursleys getting warned by Mr.Weasley (Maybe book 5?) hell i forget.

I want the whole dark mark thing, then the picking for the gof then the trials for the gof, and i wanna see cedrick mutulated by volde.

I want the whole book recreated as none of the others have.

zinh
tried to delete

jedi sarah
Genres: Action/Adventure, Kids/Family and Science Fiction/Fantasy
Running Time: 2 hrs. 30 min.
Release Date: November 18th, 2005 (wide).
MPAA Rating: PG-13 for sequences of fantasy violence and frightening images.
Distributor: Warner Bros. Pictures Distribution

sorry i'm not allowd to post links

i posted the running time 2 hrs and 30 mins is better than 2 hrs

danagrint
They will probably make the Yule Ball, 30 minutes, even though it was only 1 chapter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.