Near Dark Remake

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

papabeard
WE'RE GETTING NEAR DARK... AGAIN?

Kathryn Bigelow's low-budget 1987 film Near Dark was an influential vampire movie, a stylish and violent portrayal of seduction that's part Western and part road movie.

Time to remake it!

Apparently that's what Rogue Pictures (Assault on Precinct 13 remake, Seed of Chucky) has up their sleeve, according to Dread Central. Rogue, the genre arm of Universal's subsection Focus Features, has reportedly put out an open call to writers for pitches on the Near Dark remake.

The original Near Dark starred Adrian Pasdar as a farmboy named Caleb who falls in love with a traveling vampire. Once she sinks her fangs into him, he's drawn into her world and becomes part of her "family", which includes the reuniting Aliens triumvirate of Lance Henriksen, Jenette Goldstein and Bill Paxton ("I hate it when they ain't been shaved"wink. After spending a bit of quality time with the roving band of bloodsuckers, Caleb quickly realizes maybe the vampire lifestyle isn't for him.

At this early stage, it's unknown how closely the remake will mirror the original, but on the plus side, Tim Thomerson can probably clear his schedule for an appearance in the update.

zombieman
They've gone too far now, first an Evil Dead remake, now this!? What next, a 'Scream' re-make?

beta-wolf_101
No they are going to remake a remake I say TCM remake:The remake.

Cinemaddiction
Eh, "Near Dark" isn't necessarily on-par with "Scream" or "Evil Dead". It's a good movie, and a remake isn't necessary.

zombieman
What I meant was, I was horrified when I learned that they were remaking Evil Dead, because I'm sure it wil do nothing other than put a black mark againt the name of an otherwise flawless francise.

I merely compared a Near Dark remake with a Scream remake, because of how unnecessary it is.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.