The Ultimate Strategist!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BlaqChaos
Each person is given the exact same forces to lead into victory, so it's a matter of how well each can lead and direct their forces against the other.

Captain America
Cyclops
Deathstroke
Prometheus
Darksied
Batman
Thanos
(Or add someone that I haven't thought of)

They are each in control over exact copies of SHIELD and their sub-unit forces.

black robb
Where's Gambit?

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by BlaqChaos
(Or add someone that I haven't thought of)My Spidey-sense is tingling. I predict: stormfront will say you left out Storm. Tony Stark and Wynndar will say you left out Reed Richards. TS, Wynndar and armandovalles will say you left out the Thing - because Heart is the strongest power of all, ask the Planeteers. wolverine8888 (among others) will say you left out Wolverine - because when berserk his mind works like a thousand supercomputers playing forty games of chess while doing upside down jazzercise on a high beam.

willRules
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
My Spidey-sense is tingling. I predict: stormfront will say you left out Storm. Tony Stark and Wynndar will say you left out Reed Richards. TS, Wynndar and armandovalles will say you left out the Thing - because Heart is the strongest power of all, ask the Planeteers. wolverine8888 (among others) will say you left out Wolverine - because when berserk his mind works like a thousand supercomputers playing forty games of chess while doing upside down jazzercise on a high beam.

and everyone forgets Aunt may like usual...........

wolverine8888
wolverine is a very good at makign plans in seconds but for him self while the rest up there are good making plans for the team that is why they are better at planning. no i do not believe wolverien should be up there

TheKahn
What about the Black Panter?

TheKahn
cool

olympian
Does Lucifer Mornigstar counts?

Few are as cunning as him.

Superherovandal
there is no one as cunning as Lucifer in all of comicdom. If he had his powers taken away and was forced to take part in this competition he would leave the others in his dust.

doctorstrongbad
Out of the choices you gave us I would say Captain America.

jollyjim311
Originally posted by willRules
and everyone forgets Aunt may like usual...........

of course they did, aunt may is laying low so that people will forget about her...shhhh

Wonderman
I think Cable is the best leader. He has telepathy and time control.
Telepath's make ideal leaders. giving the team total perspective of the opponent and complete connection to each other. His time control allows him to correct tactical situations as well.
Having sailed the streams of Time, his acuteness to crisis must be higher than someone who is just used to fighting like Captain.

Orestes
A real war using natural humans?

Punisher, IMO.

Those other people are skilled and/or inspiring leaders, but with the partial exception of Deathstroke, conventional weapons and tactics are not really their specialties. And Batman's by far the worst of the lot -- he'll want all of his troops to ditch their guns altogether. laughing

Wonderman
Oh yeah. One word. Forge.

thesilverspider
adam warlock read infinity gauntlet

thesilverspider
warlock was giving orders to guys like doc strange and doom

batmandaman
its out of batman, martian manhunter, deathstroke, and darkseid. really out of batman and deathstroke. i would say they are even, but since deathstroke has precognitive powers and the like, it gives him a slight edge over Bats.

BlaqChaos
Let me make a clarification. The "Generals" can't use whatever "exceptional" abilities they may have. This battle is purely to judge how good their tactical skills are from a leadership standpoint. Like playing a game of chess.

Superherovandal
OK then Lucifer still wins. He is the best strategist and most genius even without the powers. He defeats gods without a single power.

Khellendros
It comes down to Cap and Thanos, and that would be an EPIC f*ckin battle. I'd give Cap the slightest of edge, though.

Sparkz
I would say it was between Captain America and Batman, Batman is a better taction but Captain America is a much better leader and better and using other team mates abilties against the foe, so i would have to say Captain America

DigiMark007
Hmm, at the risk of sounding like a fanboy, Midnighter has cybernetic implants that let him analyze a fight thousands of ways in mere seconds, kinda like a high-powered chess computer but with fighting. He's only applied it to one-on-one battles thus far, but I see no reason why it couldn't apply to this as well. He'd be up there with the others.

Batman's great at taking his enemy's mind into account. I'd honestly give him the edge over Cap and Thanos, even if they know more about group combat than Bats.

Loki too. He'd think of somethin' tricky and devious (good call with Morningstar though).

TwisterGameX
I give it to, deathstroke or Batman...wheres BP.

LGodamus
captain america....he lead the avengers pretty well and has the most managment experience of the ones listed...

thesilverspider
guys it is adam warlock

Maestro
nimrod

thesilverspider
its warlock

Khellendros
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Hmm, at the risk of sounding like a fanboy, Midnighter has cybernetic implants that let him analyze a fight thousands of ways in mere seconds, kinda like a high-powered chess computer but with fighting. He's only applied it to one-on-one battles thus far, but I see no reason why it couldn't apply to this as well. He'd be up there with the others.

Batman's great at taking his enemy's mind into account. I'd honestly give him the edge over Cap and Thanos, even if they know more about group combat than Bats.

Loki too. He'd think of somethin' tricky and devious (good call with Morningstar though).
I thought of Midnighter too, but, like you said he's never applied it to large scale fights. Meanwhile, Thanos and Cap have shown they can direct large groups of people in battle with great success.

batmandaman
this isn't about large scale or small scale. batman or deathstroke. all the way. read HUSH, or the comic where deathstroke takes almost the entire justice league by himself. these men take EVERYTHING into account. they leave no stone unturned as it were. and captain america may be a good leader, but this isn't about leadership.

Juntai
Batman.

brainchild81
Each person is given the exact same forces to lead into victory, so it's a matter of how well each can lead and direct their forces against the other.

Captain America
Cyclops
Deathstroke
Prometheus
Darksied
Batman
Thanos
(Or add someone that I haven't thought of)

They are each in control over exact copies of SHIELD and their sub-unit forces. DOOM

jgiant
Pun is a damn good strategist...

batmandaman
ok, so maybe i just made myself look like an ass...but even still, its out of batman and deathstroke. people respect batman because he is a "normal" person and he can get them to follow him more easily than the rest of them could.

jgiant
Thats ok i don't think you look like an ass, but for all i know you could be a giant ass maybe even aquiped with arms and legs, some hair, etc...

batmandaman
lol

batmandaman
Originally posted by Juntai
Batman.

well said

joesha28
Darkseid......... he is powerful in the Galactic way.

EsteemedLeader
I'd have to go with Batman or Darkseid.

Yeah, Midnighter would own.yes

DigiMark007
Still backing MN'er. He might not always win, but no one would ever surprise the hell out of his army in any situation. Strong arguments for DS, Bats, Cap, and Thanos. I really think DS and Bats have the best shot of them. Smart enough to command troops, clever enough to telegraph their opponents' every move.

Doom?? Meh...doesn't do it for me. Smart enough, but a leader?

Sentry
Originally posted by thesilverspider
guys it is adam warlock

I agree.

Adam Warlock.

Ultimate Ion
Let me make a clarification. The "Generals" can't use whatever "exceptional" abilities they may have. This battle is purely to judge how good their tactical skills are from a leadership standpoint. Like playing a game of chess.
Well by that I'd go with Batman or Doom, at least from the list. Leadership wise, Batman is the worst up there.

Orestes
I voted for Punisher, and I mostly stand by that because I don't think a lot of these guys who are getting championed would honestly know what to do with normal humans using semi-conventional weaponry compared to him. They just don't play that game, and by contrast, that's THE game he plays. Batman in particular is a ridiculous choice ... a guy who hates guns to direct a team of agents using guns. WTF?!! laughing

... but if Midnighter's allowed, forget it. He wins. Nothing's going to compete with what he can do when it comes to analyzing a battle. Yeah, I know it hasn't been applied large-scale before, but I can't honestly imagine a good reason why it couldn't be.

thesilverspider
warlock need some consideration this is the same guy who took thanos out more then once

kevdude
Batman
Darksied
Thanos
Deathstroke
would be my top picks, Lucifer is way to above them, he was created by The Presence to take over for him when he left (along with Michael). So I wouldn't count him hes probably the smartest being ever created.

kevdude
but then again if he is allowed to be in the ranking he would be at #1

Magic_attack
Have to give this to Cap. He is the most experienced with being a leader. Most of the other choices are individualists like Batman, Thanos, and Warlock. They are usually brought in to deal with a specific threat, not usually leading a team to a war.

Superherovandal
Yeah Lucifer handles gods and wins even when he is stripped of his powers. He is the man with a plan and plan for that plan and a plan for that plan...

leonheartmm
between cap and cyclops i think.

ofcourse a powerless lucifer still had enough wit in him to defeat god.

Superherovandal
he can't defeat The God but he could easily defeat deities like Odin, Zeus, Galactus, and etc.

leonheartmm
well hes foiled gods plans before without his powers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.