wolverine vs spiderman with a twist

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

wolverine8888
this might of been done befor and if it has im sorry.

this is a hand to hand combat fight. no items,no claws,no webs.

spiderman has advantage is strength but wont matter much at all because wolverines has adamantium bones which make his punches hurt as much or more then spdiermans.
spiderman has more agility and reflex.
wolverine more durable and far more skilled fighter.

this should be a close one. they are in a small room but big enough for them to have a huge battle.

ps dont put any thign down that says wolverien destroys spiderman or spiderman destroy wolverine. what ever the out come this will be a great battle. they are very well matched.

I think wolverine takes it but it will be hard

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by wolverine8888
they are very well matchedNo. They aren't. They really aren't.

black robb
Without his claws,Wolverine would have to pound on Spidey forever(and he's not getting that chance since he's barely going to be able to touch him).It's been shown that even people with some super strength(Kraven for example)have a hard time just punching Spidey into submission given his strength.Spidey wins this one.

black robb
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
No. They aren't. They really aren't. explain why just dont say that

wolverine8888
? tell me how they arnt. I don't see how either one can win with out going though a huge battle.

wolverine8888
yes but black rob wolverine punches will hurt spiderman much more then spidermans will hurt wolverine. this will be a huge battle.

wolverine8888
it would make a great comic. they had a mini fight liek this in there second fight but it did not last long they stop fighting after a few seconds and each one had hit the other one.

willRules
wow this gives me a great idea for a thread. I put two unevenly matched characters together, but to make it more fair, I take away all the powers of the one who is better and I leave the good qualities of the other one!!!

Genius!!

xmarksthespot
You took away Wolverine's claws and Spiderman's webs. Spiderman is still much faster, stronger, more agile, has higher durability not to be confused with regenerative ability, has much faster reflexes and precognition and can cling to walls.

wolverine8888
? take away? I took away both of there abilities and yes they are evenly mached oh and when i ment small i ment like the size of the danger room

black robb
You took away Wolverine's claws and Spiderman's webs. Spiderman is still much faster, stronger, more agile, has higher durability not to be confused with regenerative ability, has precognition and can cling to walls. But he has his Wolvie sense!

wolverine8888
actauly spiderman is not mroe durable then wolverine with out wolverien ehaling factor he is still more durable then spiderman. durablitity is how well u take a hit and keep coming wolverine in the role playign game which stats are quite good have him a level over spiderman in pure durabiltity with out his healign factor.

xmarksthespot
? take away? I took away both of there abilities and yes they are evenly mached oh and when i ment small i ment like the size of the danger room You took away Wolverine's claws and Spiderman's webs. You could at least read your own posts even if you aren't going to read other people's.

willRules
Ah yes the famous wolverine sense that upgrades his abilities which means writers have an easier time explaining why he can fight chracters which are way better than him.........

wolverine8888
I already posted how wolverine htis hurt as much as spidermans does went he hits u besides he strength he hiting u like a metal wall would

wolverine8888
yes I took away wolverines claws and spidermans web because it a fist fight

xmarksthespot
Wolverine's adamantium skeleton doesn't give him 15 ton strength.
I reiterate:
Spiderman is still much faster, far stronger, more agile, has higher durability not to be confused with regenerative ability, has much faster reflexes and precognition and can cling to walls

wolverine8888
cling to wall does not matter in a fist fight. next no it does not add one to wolverine strength it still would increase his damage far higher. and 15 tons is spidermans max out he throws punches on average that are only 10. next no spiderman is not more durable the wolverine I already said even with out his healing factor wolverine takes hits far better then spdierman can.

willRules
lol Xmarksthespot everyone know Logan can still win cos he heals darn it he HEALS!!

The Faulken
Okay lets say they start 5 feet from each other. Wolverine being who he is rushes spiderman and gives him the old 1,2 spiderman doesn't budge even though his spider sense warns him. He looks down at his chest where wolverine hit him. He stops to think for a second hmmmmm...what shall i do? Reaches back and unloads one to wolverines face knocking him on the ground. Before wolverine can get up spidey leaps grabs wolverines ankle and starts to toss him into a couple of buildings. Thinking the fight is over spiderman walks away but as he goes Logan gets up and rushes at Parker again. This time Parker does a backflip over Logan as he throws the punch. As spidey does this he lands on his shoulds and snaps his neck. Wolvie is out for the count until he can recuperate. This is just in my opinion though

wolverine8888
guy stronger then u but ur using brass nuckles ur punches are going to do as much or more then the guy stronger then u.

xmarksthespot
Yep. Snap his neck. Quite certain you don't have to actually break bones to sever the ascending and descending tracts of the spinal cord. It's a KO and a win.

willRules
Not necessarily. Do you think it would if the guy was stronger thaan an elephant? AN ELEPHANT!!!!!!!!

willRules
Logan is stronger than an elephant you know?

The Faulken
guy stronger then u but ur using brass nuckles ur punches are going to do as much or more then the guy stronger then u.

Yes but brass knuckles aren't incased in flesh and muscle tissue.

willRules
But wolverine has lasers built into his butt and can fly now cos of his secondary mutation...........

wolverine8888
first off NO. spdierman can not snap un breakable metal. next if u read wolverine spidermans second fight u would know when wolverien hits spiderman he does a lot of damage. one kick from wolverine sent spiderman flyign throu a door. well on the other hand spidermans hit did not make wolverine go any were

xmarksthespot
I forgot about that. Butt lasers takes it imo.

willRules
I forgot about that. Butt lasers takes it imo.

There is a chance spidey can take it however, it depends on if he gets help from aunt may or not............

The Faulken
Originally posted by willRules
But wolverine has lasers built into his butt and can fly now cos of his secondary mutation...........

Thats right i forgot he uses his ass laser to ignite the "mystery fluid" in his anus to gain the ability of flight

wolverine8888
actauly sabertooth and wolverine are the same strength and sabertooth broke out of a cell that a raging bull elephant could not of. oh yes this is very true im not making it up

willRules
Originally posted by The Faulken
Thats right i forgot he uses his ass laser to ignite the "mystery fluid" in his anus to gain the ability of flight

it was Bendis idea, its one of the results of this House of M storyline........

xmarksthespot
it was Bendis idea, its one of the results of this House of M storyline........ Spoiler: Aunt May is the key to HoM. She's the one controlling Wanda, Mags, and Xavier.

willRules
Spoiler: Aunt May is the key to HoM. She's the one controlling Wanda, Mags, and Xavier.

I KNEW IT!!!!!!!!!

black robb
first off NO. spdierman can not snap un breakable metal. next if u read wolverine spidermans second fight u would know when wolverien hits spiderman he does a lot of damage. one kick from wolverine sent spiderman flyign throu a door. well on the other hand spidermans hit did not make wolverine go any were Wolverine HIMSELF said that all Spidey has to do is snap his neck to kill him. To use another example in Secret Wars Spidey sent Wolvie flying in one hit.In another issue Captain America punched Wolvie through a car. In another issue Wolvie got hit by Iron fist and flew away.Do you understand where i'm going?

xmarksthespot
Keep it secret. It's hush hush stuff. You're not supposed to find out til the last panel of the last page of HoM #8. Aunt May reveals she's actualy the Phoenix Force and has come to take everyone in MU to Lollipop Land.

The Faulken
first off NO. spdierman can not snap un breakable metal. next if u read wolverine spidermans second fight u would know when wolverien hits spiderman he does a lot of damage. one kick from wolverine sent spiderman flyign throu a door. well on the other hand spidermans hit did not make wolverine go any were

I can't remember this but does the adamantium cover wolverine's intervertebral disks and facet joints in his spine/neck?

wolverine8888
it covers his spine and every other bone in his body

wolverine8888
wolverine also said spdierman could snap his neck when he did not know he had metal lining his bones and that he could actauly just heal from it even if it could be broken

The Faulken
Yes i know that but what about his joints? I never remember the adamantium covering them.

xmarksthespot
Only the bone. The intervertebral discs aren't coated nor the ligaments or tendons but the power of the Vishanti allow him to stay in one piece and move his limbs even when flesh is burnt off.

You can sever the dorsal columns without having to shatter bone. A KO is a win.

wolverine8888
still need all his strength to do it and not like wolverine will let him do it. oh also wolverine could snap petter neck with a lot less trouble.

black robb
actauly sabertooth and wolverine are the same strength and sabertooth broke out of a cell that a raging bull elephant could not of. oh yes this is very true im not making it up Now you're just bullsh*tting its been said NUMEROUS times that Sabretooth is stronger than Wolverine. http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/characters/showquestion.asp?fldAuto=1160

http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/characters/showquestion.asp?fldAuto=902

black robb
still need all his strength to do it and not like wolverine will let him do it. oh also wolverine could snap petter neck with a lot less trouble. Oh and i guess Spidey lets people get to his neck when they are Wolverine right?

xmarksthespot
still need all his strength to do it and not like wolverine will let him do it. oh also wolverine could snap petter neck with a lot less trouble. Hardly. It doesn't take 15 tons of force to snap someone's neck.

Now back to HoM revelations.

wolverine8888
first off enhanced human is a another word for super human level 1. second that not even a offical site. www.marvel.com has the actauly offical listing and no im not full of shit. they have the same powers wolverine just has better healing factor and is a better fighter. and in my oppion he faster then sabertooth and more agile and better reflexes.

wolverine8888
no im saying it is eaiser to snap spdiermans neck. also liek he said in there first fight he would still need to use all his strength to do it.

xmarksthespot
Sabretooth has a better healing factor and has actual superhuman strength.

wolverine8888
nope were has it every said that. sabertooth healign is not as good. house of M offical hand book states it and if im not mistaken so doesent wolverine offical hand book 2004.

wolverine8888
I own almost every fight sabertooth has ever foughten wolverine in I know more about wolverine and sabertooth then most every one u are not gunna win.

xmarksthespot
Well... looky here... turns out you were wrong... who'da thunk it?

black robb
Well... looky here... turns out you were wrong... who'da thunk it? But that doesnt count

xmarksthespot
Of course it doesn't we're using ass laser Wolverine empowered by the Vishanti.

wolverine8888
I own that comic by the way. and thats was like 5 years ago and it apeared he has a better healing factor because he hed wolverine metal in him lol. but u wouldent know that cuz u never read the comics after it. u still cant win i can disprove any thing u wright. u can't beat the offical listings

wolverine8888
last fight wolverine had with sabertooth he kill him lol

black robb
last fight wolverine had with sabertooth he kill him lol so...Gambit killed Hyperion

xmarksthespot
jinzin knows a heck of a lot about Wolverine. His scans. His words. I take it from him that Sabretooth has a better healing factor than Wolverine.

You've proven nothing except that you're an imbecile.

wolverine8888
when has jinzin ever said he has a better healing factor then wolverien and if he did he plain wrong go look at the new hand books for ur self

Creshosk
Well this is going to be a freaking draw. . .

The only thing that would tip this in one way or the other is if spiderman passes out due to exhaustion . . . But I doubt that either character would want to fight that long.

Without the claws, Wolverine cannot out and out win.
Without the webs, Spiderman cannot out and out win.

So they can beat on each other (at the start Spiderman beat on Wolverine until Spiderman starts to tire, and then we turn around and Wolverine beats on spiderman. with similarly no effect.)

Wolverine lacks the sufficient strength to do what 15 ton objects cannot.
Spiderman lacks sufficient strength to break adamantium.

xmarksthespot
To my knowledge you don't necessarily need to shatter vertebrae to sever the dorsal motor column.

wolverine8888
well I dont fully agree with u cres . I do agree that most likly be a draw or wolverine wins due to stamina but all these people liek black rob and xmark are saying im totaly wrong

jollyjim311
they would start the fight then wolverine would cheat and use his claws...that bastard.

jollyjim311
either that or wolverine pases gas while using his ass-rocket and they both lose.

willRules
To my knowledge you don't necessarily need to shatter vertebrae to sever the dorsal motor column.

dorsal? isnt that a type of dolphin fin? laughing are you sure thats right? laughing out loud

Creshosk
dorsal? isnt that a type of dolphin fin? laughing are you sure thats right? laughing out loud In anatomy, the dorsal is the side in which the backbone is located. . . I think X is refering to the dorsal root ganglion. . .

MuffinmanMike
yes but black rob wolverine punches will hurt spiderman much more then spidermans will hurt wolverine. this will be a huge battle.

Spidey still has every other power, like the ability to bound off a wall and behind Wolverine before he can turn, then break Wolvies neck(Well, since Spidey won't kill and that would even kill Wolverine, we'll assume the positioning is a win)

Creshosk
Originally posted by MuffinmanMike
then break Wolvies neck

Spiderman can't break adamantium.

wolverine8888
yup also u should show how far spiderman goes flying from that kick

black robb
Originally posted by Creshosk
Spiderman can't break adamantium. He's not going to break his neck he's going to snap the nerves therefore killing him.He doesnt have to break the bones to do that.

wolverine8888
first off no. second off even if he could do that it wouldent kill him

black robb
first off no. second off even if he could do that it wouldent kill him Yes,you can do that.And maybe it wouldnt kill him,but he definitely would be down

wolverine8888
nope actauly wolverine when he ahd bone claws had haft his bones in his body broken by a truck including his neck and he was healed in seconds oh and he was still very much awake. any ways spiderman would never get the chance. and in order to break the nerves he would have to move the neck enough to do that which he cant because only way u can is by breaking the neck lol. plus he would never get the chance

DrDoom101
does logan have his healing factor?

black robb
Originally posted by DrDoom101
does logan have his healing factor? of course

wolverine8888
yes lol if this was a no powers fight do u real think peter parker would even last 2 seconds lol

Creshosk
Originally posted by black robb
He's not going to break his neck he's going to snap the nerves therefore killing him.He doesnt have to break the bones to do that. I actually haven't heard of a spinal cord injury where the vertebrae was neither broken nor dislocated. Both of which are impossible for Wolverine to have happen without breaking adamantium.

Part of the problem I think is that you'd have to be able to twist the Cord without moving any bones. . . Something that is hard to do without reaching in past the bones, something that spiderman can't do.

xmarksthespot
You don't have to shatter the vertebrae to sever the spinal tracts. Wolverine's neck can be "snapped". Even if he heals some time later, and it would be some time later, he was KOed so loses.

Creshosk
You don't have to shatter the vertebrae to sever the spinal tracts. Wolverine's neck can be "snapped". Even if he heals some time later, and it would be some time later, he was KOed so loses. Do we really have to get into the 616 Wolverine's anatomy again and how the bones are held together in such a way that should not be possible but since it is a comic book character and has happened oftern enough should be considered?

Cause I'd really rather not.

wolverine8888
do u under stand that wolverine when he only had bone claws had his neck broken along wiht haft his other bones he was still awake and fine because they ehaled so fast the time it broke it was fixed. so no spiderman cant win that way second he cant break wolverines neck. if he could do that then every tiem hulk punch wolverine in the face his neck would break but it does not.

xmarksthespot
Even if you take that the vertebrae of the spinal cord are connected by some mystical force, the intervertebral discs aren't coated in adamantium. He has motion. A normal person's spinal column can be disrupted without having to break bone.

wolverine8888
actauly his disc do have metal on them. also ur assume his body structure is that of a human which it is not.

xmarksthespot
Is he Shi'ar? Do you even know what intervertebral discs are?

wolverine8888
yes I do but I dont think u do.

Creshosk
Even if you take that the vertebrae of the spinal cord are connected by some mystical force, the intervertebral discs aren't coated in adamantium. He has motion. A normal person's spinal column can be disrupted without having to break bone. I know what you mean, prehaps it really is a lack of understanding of things on the writers and creators parts, however that doesn't mean that things that shouldn't be reasonably transfered to the character aren't.

Oh for pete's sake. . . You pulled me into the discussion . . I might as well post that thing again. . .

The thing is, this isn't true, not for Wolverine. In Wolverine: Snikt! his right arm was burned so badly only his adamantium bones remained; guess what? They were still linked together. Wolverine was still able to use his arm (even though he had to hold it with his left hand). If there is cartilage between his bones that can be severed, than it can also be burned away, and obviously thats not the case.

What about New X-Men, E is for Extinction? Nova burned off all the flesh on his right arm, and guess what? the arm bones were still linked together. They didn't collapse or fall off, which is what they would have done had there been connecting ligaments and cartilage.

How about Miller's Wolverine? When Shingen and Logan fight, Shingen aims a sword stroke at Logans' neck; I've been informed that it was later explained (whether by Miller or Claremont, I don't know) that it was an attack that was meant to sever Wolverine's head, by cutting inbetween the connecting bones; but since Wolverine's adamantium reinforces and links those bones, it couldn't cut through.

And lets not forget Blood Hungry.

Originally posted by jinzin
or weapon x, or any of his fights vs. class 100's......or proffesor x stated they are bonded..or the several times where a future version ov wolverine's skeleton is shown...but stilll....IN ONE PIECE...

wolverine8888
cres wins that lol

xmarksthespot
yes I do but I dont think u do. I major in neuroscience. Whereas you need to learn that "don't" has an apostrophe.Originally posted by Creshosk
I know what you mean, prehaps it really is a lack of understanding of things on the writers and creators parts, however that doesn't mean that things that shouldn't be reasonably transfered to the character aren't.

Oh for pete's sake. . . You pulled me into the discussion . . I might as well post that thing again. . . Nova appears to leave some connective tissue behind. Considering the angle of the neck in that picture, Shingen most probably struck bone. And you and I have gone through this before with no resolution.

wolverine8888
wolverien body is not set up the same as a normal human. he a mutant. it has been shown his body structure is very diffrent and his bones are far more dense. also wolverine been incencrated many times and every time it shows his skeleton to gather

xmarksthespot
Nowhere does it say that aside from the claws Wolverine mutant ability makes his anatomy vastly different from a normal human. So what species is Wolverine if he isn't human? Atlantean? Asgardian? Kree? Skrull? Shi'ar? Brood?

wolverine8888
he mutant. if u havent notice many mutants body structures are diffrent. and it been said that his body structure is diffrent from a humans also.

Creshosk
I major in neuroscience. Whereas you need to learn that "don't" has an apostrophe.Nova appears to leave some connective tissue behind. Considering the angle of the neck in that picture, Shingen most probably struck bone. And you and I have gone through this before with no resolution. That's why I wanted to not get into it again.

Things that the creators and writers don't fully understand about something, if repeated often enough, becomes includable as part of the character.

Spiderman's spidersense makes no scientific sense. . . it's one of the abilities he picked up from spider, an ability they don't have.

We've learned to accept it.

The invisible woman (and anything else that turns 100% invisible for that matter.) should be effectively blind to anything that occurs in the color spectrum, since the light can't hit what ever the thing is that senses light, retinas in sue's case.

We've learned to accept that despite no light interacting with them they can still see.

The muscles that the winged characters such as Angel, Icarus and others would have to be MASSIVELY huge in order to be able to support their own wight when flying.

We've learned to accept they can fly despite not realisticly being able to do it with what they have.

Cyclops should break his neck or blow his eyes out when he fires his optic blasts. . . There's been a picture floating around recently that PeeJayed has that shows him flying back when he lets out a full blast.

We've learned to accept that Cyclops ignores the third law of motion when it comes to his power.

All of this we can accept without question.

xmarksthespot
They actually give an explanation of how Cyclops isn't blown backwards.
Besides you're comparing things that characters do regularly as part of their power set with something a character does sporadically which is never explained and has nothing to do with their abilities.

I've already mused an altered amygdala may cause the danger sense.

Creshosk
They actually give an explanation of how Cyclops isn't blown backwards. And yet he was in that one picture. . . Odd. . .

I've already mused an altered amygdala may cause the danger sense. Then would you like to muse why Wolverine's bones are held together in a way that they shouldn't, or why shigen failed to cut his head off?

xmarksthespot
Tiny springs.

Metalmanx
...God. Why am I even respondnig in here...

Adamantium skeleton or not...Wolverine's punching power will be NOWHERE NEAR AS POWERFUL AS SPIDERMAN'S.

God. I can't believe I even had to say that.

Creshosk
Originally posted by Metalmanx
...God. Why am I even respondnig in here...

Adamantium skeleton or not...Wolverine's punching power will be NOWHERE NEAR AS POWERFUL AS SPIDERMAN'S.

God. I can't believe I even had to say that. lol. Who are you telling that?

Not me I know that Wolverine can never match Spiderman's punching power. . . I'm still not sure how that conclusion gets drawn at all.

Spiderman has enhanced bones to be able to take ihis own strength. So while Spiderman may not have adamantium, his bones are no cslouch when it comes to durability.

Metalmanx
lol. Who are you telling that?

Not me I know that Wolverine can never match Spiderman's punching power. . . I'm still not sure how that conclusion gets drawn at all.

Spiderman has enhanced bones to be able to take ihis own strength. So while Spiderman may not have adamantium, his bones are no cslouch when it comes to durability.

Yea. I know you understand it. You're intelligent. And logical. And reasonable. You can spell. You use correct grammar. You don't have four "8"s in your name.

And most of all, you know when you're wrong.

I just really didn't think that there were people as dense as he in this world. I'm going to have to rethink my views of the population.

willRules
Keep it secret. It's hush hush stuff. You're not supposed to find out til the last panel of the last page of HoM #8. Aunt May reveals she's actualy the Phoenix Force and has come to take everyone in MU to Lollipop Land.

aww Aunt may is cool and everything but sometimes she can be such a beeyatch!! id pimp slap her anyday.............

"Respect My Authority HO!!"

wolverine8888
wolverine bones with out metal coating are more desnse then spidermans. just thought u like to know. again wolverine can not hit has strong as spiderman but he hitting not only with bone but metal which will make his hits hurt just as much as spidermans.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.