dumbledore is not dead

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dumbyaintdead
I have a ton of proof suggesting Dumbledore faked his death. i want to know if i am wrong and the other proof other people have about this situation.

Dumbledore is NOT dead.
the Avada does not send you flying back into the air.
snape was saying avada kedavra and didnt mean it. REMEMBER WHAT MOODY SAYS, AND BELLATRIX, YOU NEED TO MEAN THEM. but he was nonverbally saying something else, thats why dumbledore flew back.
Thats why nonverbal spells were mentioned so much in this book.
Snape looked angry because he didnt want to hurt dumbledore when he sent him flying back.,
Hagrid heard them arguing that snape didnt want to do somthing but Dumby said he had to.
about the unbreakable vow, who said there wasnt a time limit.
he did everything he could to "help" draco but he wouldnt let snape help him.
he obviously lied to narcissa and bellatrix after he looked into her mind since it was all she could think about and pretended voldy told him about the plan.

reply your comments

radioboy121
The pact made by the "unbreakable vow" seemed to take effect, otherwise there would possibly be a different reaction when Narcissa and Snape were holding hands. If Snape didn't kill Dumbledore, he would probably be dead instead (due to the vow) and even if he wasn't, where would Dumbledore be? (not a Horticrux) Snape was nervous/angry at being stuck in the predicament when confronted with the trapped headmaster. Does the portraits in the headmaster's office react accurately to their death?

dumbyaintdead
i think the portraits can be made manually.
dumbledore is on chocolate frog cards, why not on a picture in his office.
i also think dumbledore is a pheonix animagus so when the tomb erupted in flames.. he teleported because pheonix's can do that if you remember in order of the phoenix.
or he put a flames freezing charm so he wouldnt feel the flames and transifigured himself into the tomb.
also if you notice, madam pomfrey was particularly intrigued by the phoenix song because she knew it had healing powers.
could the pheonix be healing an unconsious dumbledore from the drop down from the tower?
it also never mentions dumbledores wand which means he could have gained it at any time.
we also never actually see dumbledores body after hagrid takes it. and dumbledore says he would trust his life with hagrid...

reply with any more comments.

exanda kane
I like the evidence you've collected there - but maybe I just dont want to lose the character in the story yet...I still fine it hard to believe that he 'died' though...

dumbyaintdead
yes i found it strange why he immobilized harry.. probably because he didnt want him to interfere with the plan or scream or make a noise or whatnot. he was already invisible so i think he immboilized him so the plan could be fulfilled without harry getting himself killed. dumbledore did not tell harry about the plan because he didnt want voldemort to capture harry and legilmens him and find out he is alive.

keep your thoughts on dumbledore comin

Director_Joe
Rowling says Dumledore is dead = Dumbledore is REALLY dead.

Saratn
ok, DUMBLEDORE IS DEAD, we all read it ourselves. ONLY Harry has ever survived the killing curse. IF Dumbleodore knew how to survive against it, don't you think he would have told the Wizarding world?

dumbyaintdead
he wanted voldemort to come out in the open so he planned a fake death. then when he comes out, dumbledore will be able to help harry finish him and the horcruxes. this way, they will be able to destroy voldemorts body horcrux easily and be able to find him before he makes more horcruxes. rowling always tricks us, she wants us to think he is dead to make a big finale in the last novel... why did rowling mention the argument with snape and dumbledore? why was it mentioned at all, if the death wasnt planned, why mention the argument? there would be no point to the argument being in the story period.

Susan-Storm
Originally posted by dumbyaintdead
I have a ton of proof suggesting Dumbledore faked his death. i want to know if i am wrong and the other proof other people have about this situation.

Dumbledore is NOT dead.
snape was saying avada kedavra and didnt mean it. REMEMBER WHAT MOODY SAYS, AND BELLATRIX, YOU NEED TO MEAN THEM. but he was nonverbally saying something else, thats why dumbledore flew back.
Snape looked angry because he didnt want to hurt dumbledore when he sent him flying back.,
Hagrid heard them arguing that snape didnt want to do somthing but Dumby said he had to.
he obviously lied to narcissa and bellatrix after he looked into her mind since it was all she could think about and pretended voldy told him about the plan.

reply your comments

Maybe just maybe he is alive !

Saratn
ok, IF dumbledore was planning a fake death WHY would he do this, when Harry needs him the most. HE wouldn't have let the students be attacked, just to save Malfoy and Snape. HE IS DEAD...we just have to face it...

~*Lover_girl1*~
Originally posted by Saratn
ok, IF dumbledore was planning a fake death WHY would he do this, when Harry needs him the most. HE wouldn't have let the students be attacked, just to save Malfoy and Snape. HE IS DEAD...we just have to face it...

I must agree. You just have to...believe it . It was hard for me to believe it , but i did .

Saratn
but i did come up with a long...tiresome...gruesome theory, ask Hermione202 if you don't believe me.

~*Lover_girl1*~
Hmm...why don't you post that long,tiresome and gruesome theory? Its sounds interesting . lol

zac_j
1) i also think dumbledore is a pheonix animagus so when the tomb erupted in flames.. he teleported because pheonix's can do that if you remember in order of the phoenix.

2) or he put a flames freezing charm so he wouldnt feel the flames and transifigured himself into the tomb.

1) You can not apparate/ teleport onto hogwarts grounds

2) do you realize how stupid that sounds?

seanjones
true you cant teleport on school grounds but what if dumbledore droped the charms like bifore in one of the other books... i know what you mean though

Saratn
he may be a powerful wizard yes...but WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD HE TAKE DOWN THAT SPELL? IF HE DID FOR THE SLIGHTEST AMOUNT OF TIME, DE'S COULD'VE BEEN UPON THEM

seanjones
also if dumbledor planded a fake death he could go and get the last horcuxes and voldi wouldent even know he was still alive, giveing dumbldore advantage of surprise...

Saratn
why would he fake his death, and let Hogwarts be attacked?

The Phantom
Please... stop making so many threads of this. Also, he is dead. End of story.

seanjones
well you see if he facked his death he could cetch the dark lord off gard if every one thinks he is dead then it would give him a major advantage...

Saratn
ok he wouldn't allow the students to get hurt, just to catch the dark lord off guard. he values the students more than catching the dark lord.

danagrint
Face it, DUMBLEDORE IS DEAD

Saratn
yea, i think that was mentioned three or four times already.

dumbyaintdead
not true, you can teleport into grounds using a phoenix, dumbledore did it in OotP when he stunned the ministry wizards. dumbledore is still alive and well

Anoushka
i think the portraits can be made manually.
dumbledore is on chocolate frog cards, why not on a picture in his office.
i also think dumbledore is a pheonix animagus so when the tomb erupted in flames.. he teleported because pheonix's can do that if you remember in order of the phoenix.
or he put a flames freezing charm so he wouldnt feel the flames and transifigured himself into the tomb.
also if you notice, madam pomfrey was particularly intrigued by the phoenix song because she knew it had healing powers.
could the pheonix be healing an unconsious dumbledore from the drop down from the tower?
it also never mentions dumbledores wand which means he could have gained it at any time.
we also never actually see dumbledores body after hagrid takes it. and dumbledore says he would trust his life with hagrid...

reply with any more comments.

nah i think you're stretching it quite a bit.

dumbyaintdead
is this a fantasy book or not? there are no limits for j.k rowling, she may stretch the story as far and wide as she would please.

specialangel
Dumbledore is not dead. he just wanted everyone to think that. I don't remember who said it but someone siad that dumbledore is like one of the most powerful wizards but i don't remember exactly. See my friends thought that dumbledor did not die just acted like it really happened and one of my friends moms even says that he is going to come back in the next book.

Director_Joe
Originally posted by specialangel
Dumbledore is not dead. he just wanted everyone to think that. I don't remember who said it but someone siad that dumbledore is like one of the most powerful wizards but i don't remember exactly. See my friends thought that dumbledor did not die just acted like it really happened and one of my friends moms even says that he is going to come back in the next book.

Oh, well since your friend's mom said so then it must be true... I'm telling you, Rowling said she was going to kill off a major character and that's what she did.

R.E.B_IS....
But there is a couldrenful of polyjuce potion in hogwarts it might not have been dumbledore

dansdaman
dude hes obviously dead...none of the characters are coming back..... cry....oh sirius, why did u leave me??? why???

Harry_Iz_MINE!
He's dead, okay? get used to it. JKR couldn't very well say that Harry will be the one to defeat Voldy with Dumbledore around...i mean i loved him too, but how could Harry turn out to be the hero with Dumbledore to save the day.

This is the time and place where people realize that Harry has either got to win or lose-and if Dumbledore were to come back, he might ensure Harry's victory, which would completely throw off the meaning of the prophecy.

Dumbledore's fate was decided for a reason-so Harry could step out of the shadow of "Dumbledore's prized and most protected student," to become a survivor who must fend for himself.

Let's face it, Dumbledore's fate was sealed from the moment the prophecy was made.

And...that's just the way the story goes.

tigress
Come on peeps we did this with Sirius the only way I can see him come back is in his headmasters portrait or as a ghost hmm I may have mixed it up with a yummie ficcie lol but seriously I think thats what has or will happen

goes off to read HBP again wasnt impressed first time round lol

jkoon
Originally posted by radioboy121
The pact made by the "unbreakable vow" seemed to take effect, otherwise there would possibly be a different reaction when Narcissa and Snape were holding hands. If Snape didn't kill Dumbledore, he would probably be dead instead (due to the vow)]

I have a theory about how Snape got around the Unbreakable Vow. In the chapter where Snape and Narcissa are performing the vow during the first part of the vow everything is fine but right before Narcissa asks Snape if he will perform the task set for Draco if he can't it says that his hand twitches in hers but he doesn't pull away isn't it possible that he somehow did something so quick it wasn't seen. I mean we know wizards can do things extremely fast from when Umbridge was interviewing that girl in Phoenix and (I think it was Shacklebolt) took over the girls body.

older_than_13
Originally posted by Harry_Iz_MINE!
He's dead, okay? get used to it. JKR couldn't very well say that Harry will be the one to defeat Voldy with Dumbledore around...i mean i loved him too, but how could Harry turn out to be the hero with Dumbledore to save the day.

This is the time and place where people realize that Harry has either got to win or lose-and if Dumbledore were to come back, he might ensure Harry's victory, which would completely throw off the meaning of the prophecy.

Dumbledore's fate was decided for a reason-so Harry could step out of the shadow of "Dumbledore's prized and most protected student," to become a survivor who must fend for himself.

Let's face it, Dumbledore's fate was sealed from the moment the prophecy was made.

And...that's just the way the story goes.

I agree!!! One by one, harry's protectors had to die to give him room so that readers everywhere would no doubt believe in Harry's triumph if he ever beats the dark Lord!

It is also not in Dumbledore's nature to play a trick on MANY creatures' emotions just to "save the day" and in the end and become the hero!

Council#13
Even if snape didnt really kill him then dumbledore would be dead as all ur great great great great grand parents. U cant apperate so he couldnt like appear at the bottom and wats his name (the old man, im taking a while to write this, whats wrong with my typing?!) had his neck at a weird angle so he's dead x_x

Siruisly
OK well let's start with "dumbyaintdead" from everything you have said.. i can tell with out a doubt you've been to a few other websites and researched the death of dumbledore... meaning to me.. you are not creative in your theories.. but i take nothing away from you.. i too believe some of them because of strong supporting evidence

Such as DD soaring into the air from avada kedavra.. that curse doesn't do that..
I also think that everyone saying "he wouldn't let hogwarts be attacked.. blah blah blah.." well if u didn't notice, it was attacked while he was alive.. soo i guess him being there doesn't exactly just stop everything.. but destroying the dark lord IS the main priority.. DD would rather sacrifice the lives of some and get rid of the dark lord.. than the dark lord kill thousands and still be out there.. come on guys.. it's logical.. and also if DD is appeared to be dead and isn't then he can help harry anonymously.. and i have a feeling he may be doing that.. harry will recieve hints from some unknown in book 7.. and at the end DD will come out and congratulate him.. OORRRRR... as in COS when harry says DD will only be gone when none here are loyal to him, Fauxes came to his rescue.. well harry says it again at the end of HBP.. and maybe fauxes is going to be something of a deciding factor.. cause we all know it is fauxe's tailfeather that is in harry's wand and the dark lord's wand..
whether or not DD comes back or not.. i think fauxes will.. and isn't that pretty much the same thing.. fauxes is like a part of dumbledore.. and i kind of agree with the dumbledore being an animagus phoenix.. that's a good theory.. because it does say something about the smoke going up and harry saw something that looked like a phoenix come out.. but hey who knows.. JK is prob. reading all this and getting ideas from everyone and knowing what is most expected and what is least expected.. because she is brilliant..

jkoon

Siruisly
At the end of OotP harry finds something wrapped very badly and then remember that it is what siruis gave him.. and he opened it and it was a two way mirror.. and he tries to use it then to talk to siruis again but he can't since he is dead. and harry throws it back into his chest i believe and it breaks.. which a simple repairing charm could fix. but i have a feeling in the 7th book he'll give the other mirror to someone and fix his.. or something along those lines

Diamond~Kisses
Originally posted by danagrint
Face it, DUMBLEDORE IS DEAD took the words from my mouth

Barker
Some Of This May Be Bullshitted Out, But It Kinda Makes Sense.

rabid_pacman
*sighs in utter annoyance*

As much as i wish Dumbledore hadn't died, he did. Look, it was just good storytelling to kill off Dumbledore, and if she brings him back...honestly, it would be breaking the rules JK Rowling has set in the world. Dumbledore himself said that no spell could bring back the dead. Honestly, I would be very disappointed in JK Rowling's abilities if it turned out that Dumbledore wasn't REALLY dead, he was just FAKIN' it, so everything is fine and now Harry can go back to school and *yawn* Dumbledore the great protects Harry again. I'm sorry, but that would just suck, in my opinion.

But hey, it's fun to pretend happy

danagrint
face it, he IS dead

Makae
How can anyone say other wise?

David Sykes
If JK says he is, he is. I mean she wouldn't lie.

Hollypoo
They'res no doubt about it that dumbledore is dead..I know he is ..i just don't wan to beleive it ..just like I think harry is a horcrux.

Susan-Storm

Dumbledore is NOT dead.

reply your comments

Wow i don't think you have accepted him dying but maybe he did NOT die

Borbarad
Maybe you want to go and read this:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=371064&pagenumber=6#post5447215

And after you've done that you can tell me again that DD is dead. And by the way: You really thing JKR would tell people if she's going to make DD come back ? There's simply no way she can avoid that question because giving an other comment than "He's dead." would mean that it would be clear that he will return. And I bet he will do that.

allofyousuckkk
im sorry,but every post in here that has suggested dumbledore is alive, is a stupid post. Just get over it. The only reason gandalf from lord of the ringd came back to life is because it represented jesus christ. So shut up and get over the fact that Dumbledore is dead. If he had lived he would have been holding harry back by protecting him. Sheesh

allofyousuckkk
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a34/pokeDApoopy/english_mofo.gif

puffskein
i'm not taking a stand on whether or not i think dumbledore is truly gone or not. however, i happened upon this site --> dumbledoreisnotdead.com that gives good evidence to suggest that he may very well be alive. this site also acknowledges unanswered questions. take it for what it is or however you will. in any case, it is well thought out, with quotations and citations, and is well written. enjoy. big grin

DUMBLEDOREISNOTDEAD.COM <--check it ooooout. xP

Barker
Originally posted by allofyousuckkk
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a34/pokeDApoopy/english_mofo.gif
hysterical

spidergrl
But the vow that Snape made was to help Draco, it didn't say anything else. Draco obviously didn't want to kill Dumbledor so maybe the way that Snape helped Draco, was for him not to have to do that.
I just don't think it was that simple. Dumbledor was a great wizard, he can't of just died like that

Thorin
okay lets take this from the top.
Dumbldore is dead because snape killed him, and he killed dumbldore on dumbldores orders. it partly had to do with the unbrakable vow too.
dumbldore knows that when the final battle comes he has prepared harry well, he has his friends along with the order of the pheonix to help him with the death eaters, and dumbldore also knows harry needs to confront voldemort alone, and when harry finishes with the horcrux's he will be more adept in his magical skills than he was before.
it's not a matter if harry keeps losing the ones he loves, dumbldore is old and even he slips once and a while, im sure he didnt plan on dieing as soon as he did, but he knew snape would do his job as instructed.
know that harry stands with his friends and the order harry knows he cant rely on anyone anymore, he need to fight the battle himself as leader.
harry is very powerful and has been told so by dumbldore, harry has the power to love, and thats why he will defeat voldemort, because i really doubt voldemort thinks harry is anywere near his power...how very wrong he is....
i personally dont think sirius or dumbldore will come back but harry might find a way to commune with them through a magical means, it doesnt make sense that there deaths leave alot of questions.

DarkC
Snape is very much well alive. Which means Dumbledore is dead.

undomiel
we dont really know if snape is alive or not.

nawaf
I believe dumby is not dead too. About Dumby teleporting from the tomb i dont think he even needs to because he is not there at all. They do not mention Dumbys body anywhere in the burial part. Only they say Hagrid is carrying a green cloth with stars and they all think its dumbys body wrapped in it but its not.

Unicor777
Originally posted by Thorinn
okay lets take this from the top.
Dumbldore is dead because snape killed him, and he killed dumbldore on dumbldores orders. it partly had to do with the unbrakable vow too.
dumbldore knows that when the final battle comes he has prepared harry well, he has his friends along with the order of the pheonix to help him with the death eaters, and dumbldore also knows harry needs to confront voldemort alone, and when harry finishes with the horcrux's he will be more adept in his magical skills than he was before.
it's not a matter if harry keeps losing the ones he loves, dumbldore is old and even he slips once and a while, im sure he didnt plan on dieing as soon as he did, but he knew snape would do his job as instructed.
know that harry stands with his friends and the order harry knows he cant rely on anyone anymore, he need to fight the battle himself as leader.
harry is very powerful and has been told so by dumbldore, harry has the power to love, and thats why he will defeat voldemort, because i really doubt voldemort thinks harry is anywere near his power...how very wrong he is....
i personally dont think sirius or dumbldore will come back but harry might find a way to commune with them through a magical means, it doesnt make sense that there deaths leave alot of questions.

Well, thats one part of the coin. But on the other side I, like many others beleive that Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore is alife, bacause there are so many things that make us beleive so. And knowing Jo, I do not beleive she will make such mistakes ...

Council#13
Dumbledore is DEAD no matter how much we want him to come back. i myself loved dumbledore a lot, and i nearly cried when i found out he died. no matter how much i want him to come back, I dont think he is

The Phantom
Its funny. People say he is not dead because they just don't want him dead. Like I little kid getting far in a game and then getting a game over, not wanting it to be over and keep going. Get over peoples. He is dead. Be happy.

Unicor777
Despite your realism Phantom, the time will tell us who was right, it migh however be the case as you point, but definetelly it would be interesting once the 7 book is out to come back and re-read what we though will see

The Phantom
Originally posted by Unicor777
Despite your realism Phantom, the time will tell us who was right, it migh however be the case as you point, but definetelly it would be interesting once the 7 book is out to come back and re-read what we though will see Heh. I just think it would be great for him to be dead. Give the old guy a break now, you know? He would probably die of old age soon anyway.

springboy34
dumbledore is still alive.in 6th book it said a phoinex apeared in the sky only harry could see it.so he probally transformed into a phoinex.this is my guess he is looking for sirus to save harry from voldemort in their last duel.

Unicor777
there are also many other points, check the website www.dumbledoreisnotdead.com, it contains a lot of "evidence", many of whom are related to phoenix

The Phantom
Originally posted by springboy34
dumbledore is still alive.in 6th book it said a phoinex apeared in the sky only harry could see it.so he probally transformed into a phoinex.this is my guess he is looking for sirus to save harry from voldemort in their last duel. Umm..... no. One, SIRIUS! Dammit your spelling is driving me nuts. Two, Sirius is as dead as Dumbledore.... even deader if DD is alive. So.... yea. Umm.... did anyone think the Phoenix could be... shit I don't remember how to... wait I have the book hold on.... screw it I"m not going through all the pages. Fawkes I believe it is spelled. I dunno. Phoenixes are everywhere. It could have been some random one.

springboy34
Originally posted by The Phantom
Umm..... no. One, SIRIUS! Dammit your spelling is driving me nuts. Two, Sirius is as dead as Dumbledore.... even deader if DD is alive. So.... yea. Umm.... did anyone think the Phoenix could be... shit I don't remember how to... wait I have the book hold on.... screw it I"m not going through all the pages. Fawkes I believe it is spelled. I dunno. Phoenixes are everywhere. It could have been some random one. Sirius acualy went it to a well that takes him to a diffrent world.and forgot about my guess DD saving surius, he is in a world that he can't escape.it said that in 5th book.

The Phantom
Sirius acualy went it to a well that takes him to a diffrent world.and forgot about my guess DD saving surius, he is in a world that he can't escape.it said that in 5th book. .... *slaps uncontrollably* YOU SPELLING = BAD! Also... Sirius dead. DEAD. As well as Dumbledore.

springboy34
.... *slaps uncontrollably* what do you mean uncontorllably slaps?

The Phantom
what do you mean uncontorllably slaps? Umm... slapping you about without control?

springboy34
have you ever read the 6th book or 5th book of Harry Potter phantom?

The Phantom
have you ever read the 6th book or 5th book of Harry Potter phantom? No... never. Why would I want to read those books. I mean... I only complain about how bad the 6th was and how great the 5th was compared to it... sheesh. YES! Such a stupid question.

HP Fanatic
i think ur right about dumbledore's "death".the killing curse doesn't send u flying because in the 4th movie and book Cedric just falls over.

hpfanizzledizzl
Dumbledore is dead. JKR has confirmed that both DUmbledore and Sirius are dead. Stop speculating about this inane garbage, and get a POSSIBLE theory.

hpfanizzledizzl
Originally posted by Borbarad
Maybe you want to go and read this:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=371064&pagenumber=6#post5447215

And after you've done that you can tell me again that DD is dead. And by the way: You really thing JKR would tell people if she's going to make DD come back ? There's simply no way she can avoid that question because giving an other comment than "He's dead." would mean that it would be clear that he will return. And I bet he will do that.

I gaurentee (sp?) that Dumbledore is 100% dead. He isn't alive. JKR has stated that Dumbledore is most definately dead. SHe killed him to make sure that Harry was the only Hero (or failed Hero, I dunno.)

I also find it funny that people cried over DD death. IT'S A FICTIONAL BOOK PEOPLE!

Denniz234
go hpfanizzledizzl u rock an i totally agree wid ya

hpfanizzledizzl
Thanks Denniz

willRules
I think the real question is did Dumbledore plan his own death???? smile

The Phantom
Shit.... thought. I don't know if this was in the book but I know it was in the movie.... Snape said in book one the movie (maybe in the book, don't remember) that he can brew a potion that could "put a stopper to death." THE entire thing was planned! THis was just between DD and Snape. Snape brewed the potion and filled the bowl DD drank from with it, with DD knowing. Now, it either hurts in when drinking it or DD did some great acting, I dunno anything on the potion. So the spell that would have killed him, didn't because of the potion, and thus the fall as well.... course, that is just a theory.

Sorry, I now think DD is alive. (I always thought Snape was good)

willRules
Shit.... thought. I don't know if this was in the book but I know it was in the movie.... Snape said in book one the movie (maybe in the book, don't remember) that he can brew a potion that could "put a stopper to death." THE entire thing was planned! THis was just between DD and Snape. Snape brewed the potion and filled the bowl DD drank from with it, with DD knowing. Now, it either hurts in when drinking it or DD did some great acting, I dunno anything on the potion. So the spell that would have killed him, didn't because of the potion, and thus the fall as well.... course, that is just a theory.

Sorry, I now think DD is alive. (I always thought Snape was good)

yes

http://www.dumbledoreisnotdead.com/dumbledoreclues.html

http://www.dumbledoreisnotdead.com/snapeclues.html

hpfanizzledizzl
Dumbledore is dead.

The Phantom
Originally posted by willRules
yes

http://www.dumbledoreisnotdead.com/snapeclues.html I'm not reading those. Are those agreements or not?Originally posted by hpfanizzledizzl
Dumbledore is dead. Screw it I'm going mutual on the subject! That way I'm not wrong!

hpfanizzledizzl
Cheater.

The Phantom
^.^ Back on subject. The stopper to death just seemed to interest me and made sense.

willRules
I'm not reading those. Are those agreements or not? Screw it I'm going mutual on the subject! That way I'm not wrong!

The links are a page someone has created, where they use quotes from the half-blood prince to support the idea that A) Dumbledore is not dead B) Dumbledore planned out his death scene with Snape C) Snape's Innocent.

I'm not sure if he is dead or not it has good and bad potential for the book seven storyline either way smile

Randomness
http://www.mugglenet.com/jkrinterview.shtml

there is an interview with jkr herself bout some stuff and i think that it is in part two that says "the hero always must go on alone"

like in book 1 how hermione coulda come with him but harry told her not to and he had to go on alone

pinki_1O1
srry to tell yall but if she says dumbledore is dead then hes dead i already gave up hope on his god father witch i forgot his name

Stupid in Force
There is something suspicius that I noticed... in book says that Dumbledore baged for his life for the first time. He wouldn't beg!!! I mean , he is Dumbledore , he wouldn't do that! J.K. is tricking us! Well , maybe... I hope...

p.s. sorry for bad english embarrasment I'm improving it stick out tongue

IceDragon
Im kind of on the side that Dumbledore is actually really dead. But one part still confuses me, Why were Dumbledore and Snape arguing. Dumbledore was telling him there was something he had to do, and Snape didnt want to do it. Maybe dumbledore ordered snape to kill him so snape could continue to be the Dark Lords most trusted servant? i know it sounds strange and stupid, but im confuzzled. And yeah, why would Dumbledore plead for his life? Maybe he was pleading with him to do what he needed to do for the plan to be carried out.

Barker
Originally posted by willRules

http://www.dumbledoreisnotdead.com/snapeclues.html
That may be one of the dumbest sites I've ever been to.

The guy is so desperate for Dumbledore to be alive that he pulls Excuses out of nowhere, and puts them In ways that make everyone believe them.

Take this for Example:

Or, he knew Harry would do something stupid, like pop out from under the Cloak. He knew that Draco wouldn't have tried to take the school by himself, and would have had Death Eaters with him. Lots of Death Eaters + Harry = End of story.

Also:

Or, maybe he was pulling excuses out of his bum, trying to save himself? If he's alive, he can help the Order more. Duh.

... Yeah, he's dead. I doubt it was his first choice to die though. Then again, we don't know what Fawkes was doing during all this. He might have been attacked by A Death Eater, and the Lament was really just him crying out in pain on top of one of the towers.

The whole "Avada Kedarva doesn't make you fly back!" argument makes no sense. Who ever said spells do exactly the same thing every time? His nonverbal spell thing contradicts him here- Who says none of the other Death Eaters there didn't blast him off at the same time?

No. He fell off the Tower. What the hell do you think happens when you fall a hundred feet? He didn't have his wand either; He didn't slow himself down or cushion the fall.

She'd could be doing anything. Healing an Injured order member, or even, as I said, Healing herself or dying and crying out for help.

(I don't really believe Fawkes was attacked, I'm just saying that for the sake of Argument.)

Dumbledore's wand was lying on the tower still. Does J.K. mention Harry's wand when he's eating Lunch? You just don't talk about things that aren't important at that time.

These quotes contradict each other again. "What if Dumbledore's Body wasn't even there?" "What if Fawkes took Dumbledore's body from his Grave?" Make up your mind.

You're poking into something you know nothing about. Perhaps all Wizard Funerals happen like this. Perhaps it's something special for Dumbledore?

And, there you have it. I've just prove how each of those can be wrong.

... I'm bored. ermm

www.dumbledoreisdead.com

APIECEOFME
This is the great thing about the HP books...you never really know because there's always a different view of the events!

Smaug
its a v good theory, but he cant come bak cos they burnt his body sad

APIECEOFME
Yes they burned his body, but a phoenix rose out of it. I thought that was odd. Like I said anything can happen because there are so many ways of seeing the "facts" (just to clarify, I DO think DD is dead, but sometimes I like to play devil's advocate)

jg unit
Wasn it strange that dumbledore seemed so calm about harry's story about snape arguing with Draco of Voldemorts plan? like snape had already told him? and why is it exactly that jk rowling dedicated the title to snape and the chapter where he made the umbreakable vow. its obvious that hes a double agent and that dumbledore isnt dead. There is also the time where hagrid told harry that he saw dumbledore and snape arguing and snape disagreed. snape would have not told dumbledore about the plan if he really did want him dead. he needed to seem like he killed him cause he had no other choice, he made an unbreakable vow.

jg unit
I AM 100% SURE THAT DUMBLEDORE IS ALIVE.
HE WAS WAY TOO WISE TO NOT HAVE SEEN THAT COMING

jg unit
I MEAN IS

jg unit
i guess we will see who is right when the final book comes out

TheKingofKINGS!
Originally posted by jg unit
Wasn it strange that dumbledore seemed so calm about harry's story about snape arguing with Draco of Voldemorts plan? like snape had already told him? and why is it exactly that jk rowling dedicated the title to snape and the chapter where he made the umbreakable vow. its obvious that hes a double agent and that dumbledore isnt dead. There is also the time where hagrid told harry that he saw dumbledore and snape arguing and snape disagreed. snape would have not told dumbledore about the plan if he really did want him dead. he needed to seem like he killed him cause he had no other choice, he made an unbreakable vow. Originally posted by jg unit
I MEAN IS Originally posted by jg unit
I AM 100% SURE THAT DUMBLEDORE IS ALIVE.
HE WAS WAY TOO WISE TO NOT HAVE SEEN THAT COMING Originally posted by jg unit
i guess we will see who is right when the final book comes out
No quadruple posting. There's an edit button for a reason. Reported.

Oh, and dumbledore's dead.

jg unit
what the **** is ur problem kid.
who the hell goes around reporting shit like like.
ur a butt ****ing suck up

jg unit
hey look i double posted again what are u gonna do report me u ****ing piece of shit!

Barker
I reported you for bashing. I looked over the Double-Posting, however.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by Barker
I reported you for bashing. I looked over the Double-Posting, however.

I doubt if that will make difference as bashing is way worse than double-posting....although he did do that on purpose so.....I'll report him anyway.

Barker
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
I doubt if that will make difference as bashing is way worse than double-posting....although he did do that on purpose so.....I'll report him anyway.
It was sarcasm. stick out tongue

jg unit
for a second there i thought that barker was serious

RoguePw25
for a second there i thought that barker was serious

While Barker was not serious, I am jg unit. Post such as these:

what the **** is ur problem kid.
who the hell goes around reporting shit like like.
ur a butt ****ing suck up

hey look i double posted again what are u gonna do report me u ****ing piece of shit!

are HIGHLY inappropiate and qualifies as member bashing. I have already given you a warning on this jg unit. Stop. There is no need for the foul lanuage and the bashing. That isn't what this board is about. Also, enough with the double and quadrople posting. There is a handy little feature called the EDIT button in which you can edit your post. I suggest you use it.

With that said, I really want Dumbledore to be alive, though I can understand from a writers perspective that she wants Harry to be alone when he faces his problems and such. I just wish she had of killed him off a different way. The way he died was weak.

Demonic Phoenix
It was sarcasm. stick out tongue

It waseek!...........roll eyes (sarcastic)

jg unit
Originally Posted by RoguePw25
While Barker was not serious, I am jg unit.

Rougue i really dont care even if i get banned i could get another email address and then make another account so it doesnt make a difference if u get me banned.

I wouldnt try it if i were u

Demonic Phoenix

Rougue i really dont care even if i get banned i could get another email address and then make another account so it doesnt make a difference if u get me banned.

Oh boy, you have no idea what you've got yourself into.

TheKingofKINGS!

Well, if you come here again, we'll know, because no matter how hard they try, every idiot that comes to the HP forum will forever remain and idiot, and the smart people can tell too. So try and make your 3rd, 4th, or 5th sock account, because we don't care eek!

OH, and Dp, he wasn't banned by rouge. He was banned by Storm for being a sock (a person with multiple accounts)

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by TheKingofKINGS!
Well, if you come here again, we'll know, because no matter how hard they try, every idiot that comes to the HP forum will forever remain and idiot, and the smart people can tell too. So try and make your 3rd, 4th, or 5th sock account, because we don't care eek!

OH, and Dp, he wasn't banned by rouge. He was banned by Storm for being a sock (a person with multiple accounts)

I know, I saw his profile and saw that he was banned by Storm for being a sock. Thanks for mentioning it anyway.

Oh and his name's Rogue not Rouge.

Loirerin
Well, if y'all don't mind, can we get back to the discussion of whether Dumby is dead or if he en't? I have some proof that he is dead. Some good, hard proof.

1. Harry was lying frozen on the ground when Snape attacked. Had Dumbledore survived that fall, Harry would not have been unfrozen.

2: For all you people out there, who are saying, oh, well, Snape didn't mean it when he said, and oh, he really used a N-vbl curse, think about it. How often does the author mention a GREEN jet of light hitting someone unless it's the killing curse? Also, on that note, someone said that Dumbledore had been blasted backwards off the tower. Not true. He had been blasted into the air. Upwards. It said that "He fell slowly backwards, like a great rag doll, over the battlements and out of sght." While some may argue, this means that Dumbledore was not already past the battlements. Again, on my previous note, Bellatrix Lestrange was not talking about the Killing Curse when she said you had to MEAN it. She was talking about the Cruciatus Curse, and that you had to ENJOY the pain and suffering you caused.

3. Some people have noted the conspicuous lack of a portrait of Umbridge. Others, however, remain convinced that there IS a portrait of Dolores Umbridge in the office, as the author does not mention that there ISN'T one, so that leads you to believe that there COULD be a picture of her. Granted, this is a good theory, but, once again incorrect. J. K. Rowling DOES, in fact, note that there is no portrait of Umbridge, when, if you read again Dumbledore's own memory, you'll notice that it states that 'The only thing different between the present-day office and this one was that it was snowing in he past, bluish flecks were drifting past the window in the dark and were building up on the outside ledge." This is during the time that Tom Riddle, AKA Voldemort, as he is beginning to be called in the outside world, applied for a job at Hogwarts. Please, no body be stupid and say that this could have happened after Umbridge left, because we know it didn't.

Face it people. Dumbledore IS in fact, dead. That, and of course, it's just a book, why are we all discussing it on a forum?

l.saratn
I could ask the same question to you.

Anyway

I think Dumbledore IS dead, but I think he could be coming back to life.

I think that Fawx is Dumbledore's horcrux because Dumbledore killed Grimwauld. Fawx would be the best choice too since he gets reborn all the time. I wouldn't put it past Dumbledore to do something like that.

Loirerin
That is possibly the most sensible thing I've read on this forum so far.

l.saratn
WOO HOO! Sweetness big grin
And welcome to the forums

allofyousuckkk
does anyone have the interview where jk said he was deff dead

stormlover
The Killing Curse, Avada Kedavra, causes the caster's wand to shoot a bolt of blindingly intense green light, which, on contact with the victim(s), results in instant death. There are no secondary effects; the victim simply "drops dead" for no biological reason. In Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Muggle coroners examining the bodies of several victims are unable to find a cause of death, but the Ministry of Magic recognizes the signs of the curse. If the curse misses the victim and strikes an object instead, the energy is released in a small explosion at the point of impact. If the material struck is flammable - the curse starts a fire composed of greenish flames that will burn the material to ashes within minutes. Phoenixes respond to being hit by Avada Kedavra the same way as any other means of death: they are consumed by fire, and are reborn from the ashes.

Dumbledore couldn't have died. the book says that he was blasted into the air. That effect doesn't happen with that curse.

Lord Tomahawk
oooo how she's smart broke everything down to useless info great post really

stormlover
Originally posted by Lord Tomahawk
oooo how she's smart broke everything down to useless info great post really

Thanx, but i only copied and pasted the info from wikipedia. Oh, and I'm a he you jerk mad

Lord Tomahawk
o i was just going of ur picture thing srry

The Phantom
Originally posted by stormlover
Thanx, but i only copied and pasted the info from wikipedia. Oh, and I'm a he you jerk mad No member bashing.

willRules
That may be one of the dumbest sites I've ever been to.
www.dumbledoreisdead.com

I thought it raised some interesting points actually yes I'm still 50/50 though as to Dumbledore's status yes

allofyousuckkk
there is another reason that he was flung back, or it was just a mistake. It would be so unrealistic and unbelievable, not to mention cheesy if she had him live. Get over it, he died. Do you expect a chapter called Dumbeldore's Return in which an elaborate plot is unveiled on how he could have survived? What could it possible be that hasn't been contradicted or is plausible?

stormlover
No member bashing.
soorry confused

Barker
Thought I'd post this: http://www.hpana.com/news.19531.html

Dumbledore 'definitely' dead, says Rowling
Source: HPANA

Author JK Rowling explicitly clarified tonight on her final appearance at Radio City Music Hall in New York City that Dumbledore is "definitely" dead.

She, along with Stephen King and John Irving, hosted another 6,000 people as they read from their books to raise money for charity. Rowling surprised fans with several tantalizing tidbits about the finale of her popular Harry Potter series.

While the authors all read from the same passages of their books as last night, their introductions were handled by different surprise celebrities. Actor-director Tim Robbins (who starred in The Shawshank Redemption) introduced King and Stanley Tucci welcomed Irving.

Rowling was brought on stage (again to standing ovation) by Kathy Bates, who proclaimed that the author took kids to places "Google does not go," describing the effect Rowling's books have had in shaping an entire generation of digital-age kids. At first fearful of the prospect of seeing the Potter books be made into the very digital creations they were meant to draw children away from (at the same time ruining imagination with special effects), Bates said fans "faithfully returned to the books" after seeing their incarnations light up the silver screen, and that Rowling had created "readers for life."

One audience member greeted Jo by yelling "Don't kill Harry," to which Jo responded: "Oh, no pressure then."

Tonight's audience was treated with much more informative and revealing answers than yesterday. Here are a few highlights (again, paraphrased):

* If you could bring one of your characters to life -- other than Harry -- who would it be? Hagrid. We all want a Hagrid in our lives.
* (Question about Aunt Petunia's potential to love Harry): I will say this... There's a little more to Aunt Petunia than meets the eye.
* (Question about upcoming deaths): You shouldn't expect Dumbledore to pull a Gandalf. I need to be more explicit: Dumbledore is definitely dead. I know there's an entire site out there called DumbledoreIsNotDead.com, and I'm sorry they're not going to like this answer.
* If you could host five of your own characters for dinner, who would they be? Harry, Ron, and Hermione... . Dumbledore.... . Hagrid.

Rowling later revealed that while she thought she had settled on a title for book 7, a new one occurred to her in the shower this afternoon. She declined to elaborate.

She also suggested there were to be plot twists in book 7 that she didn't think anyone has already or could possibly guess about.

Stephen King, reponding to a question about what he is afraid of, said: "When I picked up the Harry Potter books, I was surprised at the depth of the deatheaters." To which Rowling replied tauntingly: "I scared Stephen King."

I've (Along with several others) been saying it all along, but have you listened? No. no expression

The Phantom
Thought I'd post this: http://www.hpana.com/news.19531.html

Dumbledore 'definitely' dead, says Rowling
Source: HPANA

Author JK Rowling explicitly clarified tonight on her final appearance at Radio City Music Hall in New York City that Dumbledore is "definitely" dead.

She, along with Stephen King and John Irving, hosted another 6,000 people as they read from their books to raise money for charity. Rowling surprised fans with several tantalizing tidbits about the finale of her popular Harry Potter series.

While the authors all read from the same passages of their books as last night, their introductions were handled by different surprise celebrities. Actor-director Tim Robbins (who starred in The Shawshank Redemption) introduced King and Stanley Tucci welcomed Irving.

Rowling was brought on stage (again to standing ovation) by Kathy Bates, who proclaimed that the author took kids to places "Google does not go," describing the effect Rowling's books have had in shaping an entire generation of digital-age kids. At first fearful of the prospect of seeing the Potter books be made into the very digital creations they were meant to draw children away from (at the same time ruining imagination with special effects), Bates said fans "faithfully returned to the books" after seeing their incarnations light up the silver screen, and that Rowling had created "readers for life."

One audience member greeted Jo by yelling "Don't kill Harry," to which Jo responded: "Oh, no pressure then."

Tonight's audience was treated with much more informative and revealing answers than yesterday. Here are a few highlights (again, paraphrased):

* If you could bring one of your characters to life -- other than Harry -- who would it be? Hagrid. We all want a Hagrid in our lives.
* (Question about Aunt Petunia's potential to love Harry): I will say this... There's a little more to Aunt Petunia than meets the eye.
* (Question about upcoming deaths): You shouldn't expect Dumbledore to pull a Gandalf. I need to be more explicit: Dumbledore is definitely dead. I know there's an entire site out there called DumbledoreIsNotDead.com, and I'm sorry they're not going to like this answer.
* If you could host five of your own characters for dinner, who would they be? Harry, Ron, and Hermione... . Dumbledore.... . Hagrid.

Rowling later revealed that while she thought she had settled on a title for book 7, a new one occurred to her in the shower this afternoon. She declined to elaborate.

She also suggested there were to be plot twists in book 7 that she didn't think anyone has already or could possibly guess about.

Stephen King, reponding to a question about what he is afraid of, said: "When I picked up the Harry Potter books, I was surprised at the depth of the deatheaters." To which Rowling replied tauntingly: "I scared Stephen King."

I've (Along with several others) been saying it all along, but have you listened? No. no expression Woo! He's dead.

bishbop56
It's funny how people on here can say other peoples theories are unrealistic when they are discussing a fiction book about witches, wizards, flying cars and three headed dogs. People also do not seem to realise that JK Rowling never says anything in an interview that she does not want to, how do we know if what JK said wasn't a red herring like many of her other interviews. i believe Albus dumbledore is not actually dead and JK saying "he is not going to do a Gandalf" has only made me believe that theory more. Happy Dance

Lord Tomahawk
Gandalf never died come on he had apathany and came back a white wizard he never did really die

The Phantom
Originally posted by bishbop56
It's funny how people on here can say other peoples theories are unrealistic when they are discussing a fiction book about witches, wizards, flying cars and three headed dogs. People also do not seem to realise that JK Rowling never says anything in an interview that she does not want to, how do we know if what JK said wasn't a red herring like many of her other interviews. i believe Albus dumbledore is not actually dead and JK saying "he is not going to do a Gandalf" has only made me believe that theory more. Happy Dance

JKR just said he is dead.

mauler
This is so sad. I was hoping that things would get better..

The Phantom
Originally posted by mauler
This is so sad. I was hoping that things would get better.. A book about a kid who's life sucks.... you expected it to get better?!

H. S. 6
I still think it'd be better if he was alive. mhm

Demonic Phoenix
Wow, H.S.6's birthday's on September 11th.
For those of you who are wondering what I'm talking about, try to remember what happened to the WTC on this day in 2001.

Hope you aren't offended by this H.S.6, I was just pointing it out.

The Phantom
For those of you who are wondering what I'm talking about, try to remember what happened to the WTC on this day in 2001.

Hope you aren't offended by this H.S.6, I was just pointing it out. What does that have to do with the topic?

Demonic Phoenix
What does that have to do with the topic?

I said I was just pointing it out.

The Phantom
It still had no point to the topic.

coolmovies
He is Dead RIP dombledore is DEAD !! Thats what JK rowling said

Lord Tomahawk
his body is dead but his soul lives on

The Phantom
It's a book.... get over it.

DarthSidiouss
dumbledore is not dead mates. simply enuff because when snape used the avada kedavra spell dumbledore went flying backward... when u use avada kedavra u die. instantly boom. then hagrid found his body and no one saw the body ever again.. now remember in the first book when dumbledore told minerva "Minerva i trust hagrid with my life" a bunch of codes within codes.. like the da vinci code.. open ur eyes my harry potter friends... dumby is very much alive

The Phantom
Originally posted by DarthSidiouss
dumbledore is not dead mates. simply enuff because when snape used the avada kedavra spell dumbledore went flying backward... when u use avada kedavra u die. instantly boom. then hagrid found his body and no one saw the body ever again.. now remember in the first book when dumbledore told minerva "Minerva i trust hagrid with my life" a bunch of codes within codes.. like the da vinci code.. open ur eyes my harry potter friends... dumby is very much alive ....Originally posted by The Phantom

JKR just said he is dead. LOOK AT THIS! JKR SAID HE IS DEAD! You cannot deny the JKR!

Barker

Hope you aren't offended by this H.S.6, I was just pointing it out.
What the f**k?
It's a book.... get over it.
Very Good. thumb up
Originally posted by H. S. 6
I still think it'd be better if he was alive. mhm
hmm

Was that a "Hint"?

stormlover
Well J.K.'s not going to say that he is definately coming back. It would spoil everything. She might just have said he really died to throw us off and suprise us in the end with him coming back. Has she ever said something before a book came out and it turned out to be false when the book came out?

The Phantom
Well J.K.'s not going to say that he is definately coming back. It would spoil everything. She might just have said he really died to throw us off and suprise us in the end with him coming back. Has she ever said something before a book came out and it turned out to be false when the book came out? No.

willRules
Well she isn't go to lie to us so it seems more likely than not that he died. however she still hasn't confirmed if Snape is a god guy or not. If Snape is a good guy, it implies Snape has a plan and since he is taking Dumbledore's orders, it implies Dumbledore has a plan which to work, costs him his life yes

allofyousuckkk
i dont understand how someone can stay he's still alive. false hope anyone?

Barker
Has she ever said something before a book came out and it turned out to be false when the book came out?
Besides saying something's going to be in the book, and it turns out it wasn't, No.

The Phantom
Originally posted by allofyousuckkk
i dont understand how someone can stay he's still alive. false hope anyone? You can't understand how someone can say he isn't alive? Do we have to remind you JK runs the whole HP thing?

stormlover
You can't understand how someone can say he isn't alive? Do we have to remind you JK runs the whole HP thing?
That means that she can say something about the book now and then change her mind about it later, right?

Regulus A Black
actually JKR did say that Snape was a good guy, and she never actually said that Dumbledore was dead, she said "Don't expect him to pull a Gandalf."

The Phantom

JKR just said he is dead. Ok.... READ THIS AGAIN! What does it say? It says she said he is dead.

Regulus A Black
Ok.... READ THIS AGAIN! What does it say? It says she said he is dead.

actually if i remember correctly that part where she says he actually is dead, was added later by reporters

but since i read the book i was convinced Dumbledore IS dead, nobody could ever convince me otherwise

stormlover
That means that she can say something about the book now and then change her mind about it later, right?
Right?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>