Nicolas Cage and wife names kid after superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ash007
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/film/4307332.stm

((The_Anomaly))
hahahaha! go cage!

its not so bad, Kal (as a short form) is a pretty cool name, id take the name Kal-El...

would be sweet.

Whirlysplatt
poor kid, these hollywood actors suck so much cock

Jargon343
I'm still trying to figure out how anyone decided Nick Cage would be a good Superman...even if they only thought it momentarally.

((The_Anomaly))
i agree, i mean, wtf? nick cage as superman makes no sense whatsoever...

NINExNINE
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
i agree, i mean, wtf? nick cage as superman makes no sense whatsoever...

You have to remember, Nick Cage is very able to put muscle on, he has done it already for several roles. With some cinematic touches, Nicholas Cage could easily become Superman. When you first heard Michael Keaton would playing Batman, I am sure you heard the same rumblings- and he turned out to be an excellent Batman. With that said, Nick Cage is NOT Superman, and Brandon IS...so hopefully we are in store for a good portrayal.

Next Venom_girl
Originally posted by ash007
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/film/4307332.stm
God, can you imagine the teasing this kid is in for?

Smaxxer
Originally posted by Jargon343
I'm still trying to figure out how anyone decided Nick Cage would be a good Superman...even if they only thought it momentarally.
I was thinking the same thing... what's next, Danny Devito as Lobo ?

Piedmon
If he just introduces himself as Kal E. Cage, he might not get too much mocking as an adult....

School's gonna suck though....

DarthLazious
Thats the best news I've heard all week.

((The_Anomaly))
Originally posted by NINExNINE
You have to remember, Nick Cage is very able to put muscle on, he has done it already for several roles. With some cinematic touches, Nicholas Cage could easily become Superman. When you first heard Michael Keaton would playing Batman, I am sure you heard the same rumblings- and he turned out to be an excellent Batman. With that said, Nick Cage is NOT Superman, and Brandon IS...so hopefully we are in store for a good portrayal.

cage is like balding...lol

not to mention his acting is VERY reminiscent of keanu reeves.

"whoa..."

not superman....sorry i wouldn't buy it

Bardock42
What the Super-****......

I mean if he called him Clark I'd understand it....but I don't think second rate Hollywood Stars should have the right to name their Children whatever they want....but it fits him Cage = Idiot ...Kal-El = Dumbass.....good match.

draconigena
I heard this and my first reaction was somewhere along the lines of "WTF!?"

I suppose he could go by Kal, but still. I mean... at least make it his middle name or something. Not his first name!

I worked in a file room this summer and filed a paper for a guy named Bruce Wayne Murphy, and that wasn't so bad. He can just introduce himself as Bruce Murphy... no mention of the Wayne part. Cage & Wife could have at least done the kid a favor in that respect.

However, I'm of the opinion that the kid should wear a Superman shirt in EVERY SCHOOL PICTURE.

Just because.

On a side note; Cage as Superman? Ha! Yeah right. He may be able to gain muscle, but he could never pull it off.

NINExNINE
Originally posted by draconigena
I heard this and my first reaction was somewhere along the lines of "WTF!?"

I suppose he could go by Kal, but still. I mean... at least make it his middle name or something. Not his first name!

I worked in a file room this summer and filed a paper for a guy named Bruce Wayne Murphy, and that wasn't so bad. He can just introduce himself as Bruce Murphy... no mention of the Wayne part. Cage & Wife could have at least done the kid a favor in that respect.

However, I'm of the opinion that the kid should wear a Superman shirt in EVERY SCHOOL PICTURE.

Just because.

On a side note; Cage as Superman? Ha! Yeah right. He may be able to gain muscle, but he could never pull it off.

Well, I don't think you understand Hollywood then. Do you think Arnold Schwarzenegger was/is a towering giant? No, the man is a mere 6 feet (I know, I met him) despite what information you may find, and there were many multiple camera angles needed to make him look bigger than he actually was. I can't even count how many times I noticed the camera was angled from the ground- in most of his movies. Sylvester Stallone, another great action hero, same thing. The guy is like 5'6", and that's with his Demolition Man boots on. He may be the Great Rocky, but the dude is a shorty (I know, I am 5'6"wink. Agreed, Cage lately has had more misses than hits in his recent roles, but you are CRAZY if you don't think Hollywood could turn him into the Man of Steel. Giving Cage hair would be the least of Hollywood's problem. With that said, I am actually glad that Brandon is playing the new Superman role, ..he is the better choice and he has a great resemblence to Christopher Reeve.

Silverstein
Originally posted by NINExNINE
Well, I don't think you understand Hollywood then. Do you think Arnold Schwarzenegger was/is a towering giant? No, the man is a mere 6 feet (I know, I met him) despite what information you may find, and there were many multiple camera angles needed to make him look bigger than he actually was. I can't even count how many times I noticed the camera was angled from the ground- in most of his movies. Sylvester Stallone, another great action hero, same thing. The guy is like 5'6", and that's with his Demolition Man boots on. He may be the Great Rocky, but the dude is a shorty (I know, I am 5'6"wink. Agreed, Cage lately has had more misses than hits in his recent roles, but you are CRAZY if you don't think Hollywood could turn him into the Man of Steel. Giving Cage hair would be the least of Hollywood's problem. With that said, I am actually glad that Brandon is playing the new Superman role, ..he is the better choice and he has a great resemblence to Christopher Reeve.

i thought Arnold was around 5'6. and brandon routh has little resemblence to Reeve

EsteemedLeader
They're copying off me and my dream to rename myself Bruce Wayne.

xmarksthespot
Sorry but regardless of how much you like Superman you have to agree that's a ridiculous name to name your - born on Earth not Krypton - son.

NINExNINE
Originally posted by Silverstein
i thought Arnold was around 5'6. and brandon routh has little resemblence to Reeve

I think the Internet sites list Arnold at 6 foot 2, which is bull. Are you kidding? Resemble = likeness or similarity, how do you not see it?

Paola
I think it's sweet blink

UniOmni
Why do people keep comparing this kid to Christopher Reeves??
Stupid question.....I know why, but i wish they'd stop. Let the guy fulfill the role from his interpretation as an actor. I know i'm gonna catch heat for this, but hopefully this guy puts Reeve's to shame in the movie. Imo opinion he wasn't the best choice(Reeve that is) but he worked the role. Let this guy get out of a dead mans shadow and prosper. He might not do it like his predecessor, but he may be better. I feel for the guy, simply because now that Reeve passed, he will be scrutinized that much more. You can't beat a dead mans legacy, no matter how much better you may be. Look at hip hop and its icons and how they are idolized. Stans make it hard for everybody else to move on.But no disrespect to Reeve. I just know if i was Routh (sp?) i'd want the comparisons to end. Cuz its disrespectful to him to try to force him to emulate somebody else. Spits in actors faces.

apoc001
Nicholas Cage should NOT play Superman, and it's not because he's skinny, or balding, or too small, it's just that he doesn't look like Superman at all, and I think giving him the role would just be a cheap way of getting more people to watch the movie.

roughrider
Put the Nicholas Cage/Superman thing to rest. It was over eight years ago he was attached to the project along with Tim Burton, and it fell through. He was younger with more hair and has muscle, but does not look like Superman - the costume test of him with a black hairpiece on, he just LOOKED CREEPY.
Kal-El for his son? Well...not the worst name for a celebrity child.
I'm a little suprised it wasn't Luke. People may have forgotten Nic took his last name from Luke Cage, his favourite hero growing up. He's actually Nicholas Coppola, nephew of filmmaker Francis Ford Coppola.
Changed his name to avoid being always associated with his famous family.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.