I hate American Football! And Baseball!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

exanda kane
Well yeah - I hate American Football And Baseball...there rubbish! haha - they really are boring sports...

forumcrew
They interested you enough to post about it, thats something. Can I ask why you dislike them? And what sport you prefer? Also not living in America dont you think your view of them is biased? And maybe you dont fully understand them?

WindDancer
Originally posted by exanda kane
Well yeah - I hate American Football And Baseball...there rubbish! haha - they really are boring sports...

Then don't watch them...no one is forcing you to watch them. We love'em and we watch them...so there.

Mr Parker
well not all of us.I hate pro football now because my favorite team the rams moved away from LA.thats why I loved them because they were the LA Rams,plus players dont stay with one team anymore like they used to,same with baseball..I'm sick of all these teams moving from one city to another city,its a travesty that they there is no law to prevent that. I also am sick of baseball now since players also dont stay with one team anymore but also ,it makes me sick that all these owners are tearing down all these classic ballparks like tiger stadium and comiskey park and fenway which is next.

Deano
i watched the superbowl and it was irritating because there was always a bloody break every 4 minutes. and you had to sit and watch the team discuss tacticerm if the game flowed constantly like rugby(now theres a sport) then it would be a lot easier on the eye

forumcrew
again i think it is part the level of understanding. soccer is boring as hell to me to watch, but I also dont understand everything about the game, football i know about everything and I love it.

DanZeke25

Just go. Leave. Now.

Pezmerga
Well True there are breaks...but it just adds to the anticipation! Especially when your team is trying to Rally from behind.

Also...this topic maker is a moron. I dont see the point in this topic, he didnt add any facts or any other statements to back up why he hates it. Which is the mark of a moron.

edit: Oh I m sorry he said they are boring too..so he at least tried a lil.

jaden101
american sports for american minds

the rest of the world has formula 1...america has indy cars

the rest of the world has proper football where you actually use your feet for the majority of the match (yes...its a match...not a game...get it right)...we also get rugby, snooker,

the only yank sport worth its salt is ice hockey...and even then its only for the fights

forumcrew
salt melts ice.. so thats not a very good comment. sorry but if everyones gonna use moronic comments and the only excuse is its stupid mines better.. then im gonna give up on being logical and just go down to your low level

jaden101
Originally posted by forumcrew
salt melts ice.. so thats not a very good comment. sorry but if everyones gonna use moronic comments and the only excuse is its stupid mines better.. then im gonna give up on being logical and just go down to your low level

actually if you want to get scientific salt doesn't melt ice...it just changes the temperature at which water freezes...meaning if its a saturated salt solution...it still freezes at -21 degrees C

and if you're going to call people morons then you might want to make sense yourself stick out tongue

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by DanZeke25
Just go. Leave. Now.

laughing out loud

Smasandian
Originally posted by jaden101

the only yank sport worth its salt is ice hockey...and even then its only for the fights

Its not a yank sport, its an Canadian sport. Its one of the most exciting game they is. You have speed, checking, skill and fights. I cant see why nonbody really gets into it.

They are alot of breaks in football and it does get annoying, but that only happens because of tv.
But its fun because they are alot skill involved and the strategy in the game is one most complicated in all sports. Thats why I like it.

thestarwarsman
Yes sir I sure can see where soccer is so entertaining. Running back and forth kicking the ball and if your lucky in that time frame someone may actually score a goal. If you go to a really exciting match maybe 3 goals can get scored.

Kind of reminds me of watching grass grow or milk turn to cottage cheese.

IMHO of course.

forumcrew
Originally posted by Smasandian
Its not a yank sport, its an Canadian sport. Its one of the most exciting game they is. You have speed, checking, skill and fights. I cant see why nonbody really gets into it.

They are alot of breaks in football and it does get annoying, but that only happens because of tv.
But its fun because they are alot skill involved and the strategy in the game is one most complicated in all sports. Thats why I like it.

yea ive never given NHL much of a chance, but I used to love hockey. WHen I was younger I used to go to a minor league team in NC all the time and it was awesome, great sport to watch in person just dont think it translates to TV as well as say football.

Deano
again i think it is part the level of understanding. soccer is boring as hell to me to watch, but I also dont understand everything about the game, football i know about everything and I love it.

soccer is boring to you because you watch the major league soccer.
watch european soccer

Deano
soccer will be americas top sport one day. its fanbase is getting bigger all the time

WindDancer
The ignorance of some people.....

Baseball is not just an American Sport. Baseball is very popular and dominant in countries like Cuba, Japan, Dominican Republic, Venezuela, Puerto Rico, Panama...just to name a few. And if remenber correctly soccer has been trying to get into the Asian market. Didn't the last World cup was held in two different Asian countries? And from what I understand Brazilian soccer is much better than European soccer. But I wouldn't know for sure since I don't watch soccer....only read or hear about it. So don't quote me on that. stick out tongue

forumcrew
Originally posted by Deano
soccer is boring to you because you watch the major league soccer.
watch european soccer

again making assumptions and baseless comments. I have watches soccer outside US teams. I still thought it was very boring. I already gave the likely reason, ive never enjoyed playing it and i dont know a ton about it, so it just isnt interesting to watch. It doenst matter if im watching kids, americans, or europeans.

Deano
yet somehow it isnt boring watching men take breaks every 4 minutes and watch them discuss tactics. wow actually that sounds great!

Deano
Originally posted by WindDancer
The ignorance of some people.....

Baseball is not just an American Sport. Baseball is very popular and dominant in countries like Cuba, Japan, Dominican Republic, Venezuela, Puerto Rico, Panama...just to name a few. And if remenber correctly soccer has been trying to get into the Asian market. Didn't the last World cup was held in two different Asian countries? And from what I understand Brazilian soccer is much better than European soccer. But I wouldn't know for sure since I don't watch soccer....only read or hear about it. So don't quote me on that. stick out tongue

the english and spanish league is the best in the world! thats where the top clubs are at.

brazil have the best NATIONAL squad in the world

JacopeX
Yea but belive it or not the USA womens team has the best teamwork in the world.

forumcrew
yet somehow it isnt boring watching men take breaks every 4 minutes and watch them discuss tactics. wow actually that sounds great!

yea strategy must be above your head... most of a soccer match nothing happens, and take a break every 4 minutes? thats such an arbitrary random time amount you just made up.. again shows ur lack of knowledge of the sport.

jaden101
the english and spanish league is the best in the world! thats where the top clubs are at.

brazil have the best NATIONAL squad in the world

yet English and European teams generally get a skinning every time they try for the world club championship

Deano
yea strategy must be above your head... most of a soccer match nothing happens, and take a break every 4 minutes? thats such an arbitrary random time amount you just made up.. again shows ur lack of knowledge of the sport.

strategy and tactics are very important in soccer. but you see the thing is they are done before the game, not during the action.
i did watch the superbowl and i cant remember exactly how many breaks the had but it sure bores me. id rather watch rugby

forumcrew
b/c you dont get whats going on, you dont realise the importatnce of playing for field position, running clock, to use the run to open the deep pass.. you dont see any of this going on.. ill say it again you dont fully understand the game..

this is such a pointless thread dexx

Smasandian
strategy and tactics are very important in soccer. but you see the thing is they are done before the game, not during the action.
i did watch the superbowl and i cant remember exactly how many breaks the had but it sure bores me. id rather watch rugby

People like soccer for the reason you mention.
People like american football for the reason Forumcrew said
Completly different games, completly different point of views.

My fav is american football for all those reasons, but sometimes its not exciting at all (especially the superbowl because of the immense popularity), try watching a game without any tv breaks, and you get stoppages that last 20-30 seconds, basically the amount of times for a midfielder to pass the ball twice in soccer.)

Soccer can also be an boring sport to watch. Every two seconds a foul, a long ass kick, somebody heads it to thier teammate, that guys passes the ball, then that guy loses it, rinse and repeat. But the game can be very exciting to watch also.

Every sport has ups and downs. YOur ignorant to think that every sport sucks aside from the one you love. If you dont like it, its because its not your thing, not because it sucks.

And I agree with you Forumcrew about the hockey thing. A good broadcast (mostly CBC in Canada), can translate the game very well. But in terms of being at the game, its probably one of the best games to watch in person, especially when you get a rival game. ( Due to the smaller arena size compared to football or soccer

Pezmerga
Soccer will never be the #1 Sport in america...

and as for hockey, what ya think of the rule changes Smithsandian? Supposed to generate more scoring. goalies are gonna have to adapt big time.

Deano
my opinion is american football would be better if the gane flowed constantly like rugby. i cannot see the fascination in the game at all.
common sense will prevail and soccer will be the best sport in america soon, and then the world can return to normal

Smasandian
Thew new rules are pretty cool.
But they're not exactly new.
The tag up offside and the removal of the red line are from international hockey.
But I hate the shootout. I think its ridiculous.

Deano, common sense wont prevail because it has nothing to do with common sense. It has to do with people's taste and no matter what people think all around the world, soccer wont be first in North American ever.

DanZeke25
my opinion is american football would be better if the gane flowed constantly like rugby. i cannot see the fascination in the game at all.
common sense will prevail and soccer will be the best sport in america soon, and then the world can return to normal

Thats what everyone's opinion is if they dont live in the US. ANd it gets pretty annoying.

I dont care what kind of soccor i watch, I wont like it. The END.

Deano
Thew new rules are pretty cool.
But they're not exactly new.
The tag up offside and the removal of the red line are from international hockey.
But I hate the shootout. I think its ridiculous.

Deano, common sense wont prevail because it has nothing to do with common sense. It has to do with people's taste and no matter what people think all around the world, soccer wont be first in North American ever.

yes but ive come to the conclusion that 80% of americans never give anything a decent chance if it comes from outside the country

Pezmerga
Its actually the same for everyone...most people like whats familiar to them. That don't just include Americans.

Smasandian
yes but ive come to the conclusion that 80% of americans never give anything a decent chance if it comes from outside the country

That is most people.
Have you given baseball a chance?
What about hockey?

Are Canadians in that same category because I definitly know that soccer is about 4th popular sport in Canada, and will never,ever, ever come close to being the most popular.

They're is also more countries that doesnt have soccer as its most popular sport.
Most carribean countries consider baseball as its best.
Japan most popular sport is baseball.
I would think that most Scandiavian countries have hockey as its most popular sport. (I think)
It definitly doesnt compete with soccer.

But my point is that you cant say what sport is best because its based on personal choice. You cant compare any sport.
Your ingorant if you think that soccer is the best.

Deano
That is most people.
Have you given baseball a chance?
What about hockey?

Are Canadians in that same category because I definitly know that soccer is about 4th popular sport in Canada, and will never,ever, ever come close to being the most popular.

They're is also more countries that doesnt have soccer as its most popular sport.
Most carribean countries consider baseball as its best.
Japan most popular sport is baseball.
I would think that most Scandiavian countries have hockey as its most popular sport. (I think)
It definitly doesnt compete with soccer.

But my point is that you cant say what sport is best because its based on personal choice. You cant compare any sport.
Your ingorant if you think that soccer is the best.

yes ive given baseball a chance, ive watched it numerous times on tv.
soccer is the most popular sport in the world for a reason. at its best it is fast and furious and provides great entertainment. something other sports cant do as good as soccer.
its the best sport in the world. live with it and u will sleep better.

Rogue Jedi
let me guess. you like rugby and soccer? i respect soccer for one reason only. the players. they are perhaps the most physically fit people in the world. as for the sport itself? BORING.......and rugby? just a n=bunch of idiots running around looking gay, knocking the crap out of each other. at least NFL football has some organization to it.

Deano
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
let me guess. you like rugby and soccer? i respect soccer for one reason only. the players. they are perhaps the most physically fit people in the world. as for the sport itself? BORING.......and rugby? just a n=bunch of idiots running around looking gay, knocking the crap out of each other. at least NFL football has some organization to it.

rugby players running around looking gay and knocking crap out of each other?? so tell me how this differs from american football?
rugby players do not knock crap out of each other, and it does have organistion to it. and yeh obviously american footballers are not gay, they wear helmets and padding like real men!GRRRRRRRRR

i just cannot believe that people say that soccer is boring and american football is not, i cannot understand the logic in that

DanZeke25
and yeh obviously american footballers are not gay, they wear helmets and padding like real men!GRRRRRRRRR

Thats because we are not F*cking retarded and go around knockin the sh*t out of people with no pads. I dont know if you heard, but its not much fun to be injured.

Im not saying anything against Rugby, because thats a crazy sport. I dont like it that much, but i would watch it. Only real tough people play that. But also crazy people who don't like injuries. I know i would never ever play in a real rugby game.

Its soccor that i dont like. Its just so boring. Yeah maybe if i watch your soccor, it will be a little more exciting, but i still won't like it, because the sport doesnt appeal to me.

The best part about soccor is the spanish announcers on the spanish channel. laughing

Deano
Originally posted by DanZeke25
Thats because we are not F*cking retarded and go around knockin the sh*t out of people with no pads. I dont know if you heard, but its not much fun to be injured.

Im not saying anything against Rugby, because thats a crazy sport. I dont like it that much, but i would watch it. Only real tough people play that. But also crazy people who don't like injuries. I know i would never ever play in a real rugby game.

Its soccor that i dont like. Its just so boring. Yeah maybe if i watch your soccor, it will be a little more exciting, but i still won't like it, because the sport doesnt appeal to me.

The best part about soccor is the spanish announcers on the spanish channel. laughing

in all fairness i think american football is more crazy, they knock the shit out of each other.

you think soccer is boring but come the summer of 2006 when the world cup is on, and america are playing against other countrys, you just have to watch the tournament and cheer your team on. some games will be boring, others will be electrifying. but thats what we love about soccer, its unpredictable and you cannot script it. it always raises emotions. you dont appreciate the sport because its never been given a real chance in america.
soccer in england brings the people together, the flags hanging out of windows during the major tournaments, its a sight to behold!
i think you'll find the grueling soccer battles that your country faces will be more exciting then some nfl game. give it a chance this 2006!!

Pezmerga
As far as you saying soccer has more entertainment value. Soccer is a fast paced sport. Baseball is a Game of anticipation. Football is a little of both. Its kind of like how osme people like Action flicks or Jean Claude Van Dam movies and some like Suspense *they build up to a climax like baseball*. So Saying Soccer is the best with best entertainment is kinda dumb. Its like saying all Action movies are better then others cuz they are fast paced and something is always happening. but thats not necessarily true. People watch different sports for different reasons.In America we love our NFL and sometimes our MLB.

Deano
soccer is suspenseful too.

for example: when your team is 1-0 up and they decide to defend there lead by putting every man behind the ball, and the opposition keep attacking and attacking and attacking, im tellin you your nerves are in a mess..with every attack the oppostion have u get even more tense and nervous.

england did exactly this against france, and there was 2 minutes left to go and england was 1-0 up, but then they conceded 2 goals in 2 minutes! and lost 2-1! i was gutted

Smasandian
soccer is the most popular sport in the world for a reason. at its best it is fast and furious and provides great entertainment. something other sports cant do as good as soccer.

Then your ingorant, and completly biased.

Oh yeah, soccer is the most popular.
So with that analogy that you used, I will use towards something completly different.
Would you say the Spice Girls as the best music talent in the world when they were the most popular band out there?

Deano
Then your ingorant, and completly biased.

Oh yeah, soccer is the most popular.
So with that analogy that you used, I will use towards something completly different.
Would you say the Spice Girls as the best music talent in the world when they were the most popular band out there?

not the point, you cant compare music to sport.
80% of countrys prefer soccer.
the popularity is slowly growing in america too. ask yourself why?
and also ask yourself why baseball and american football wont grow in popularity elsewhere? which they wont anyway

sweetness
Personally i think baseball is the most boring sport (yes i do understand it and have watched it many times) as for american football i dont mind it ,i could sit and watch it but i would prefer to watch rugby
I do agree with those who that soccer is a more interesting sport because it gives you sense of anticipation and excitment but i would pick my countries sports over all of them (gaelic football and hurling) because i feel they are the most exciting and give the best rush ever while watching a match and there is always a great atmosphere among supporters but thats just my opinion at not many would agree with me
Each person is going to pick on personal preference regardless of what the best sport really.Most peoplewould pick their countries sports as that is what they have grown up with

forumcrew
not the point, you cant compare music to sport.
80% of countrys prefer soccer.
the popularity is slowly growing in america too. ask yourself why?
and also ask yourself why baseball and american football wont grow in popularity elsewhere? which they wont anyway

research.. please god

80% again where did this number come from? And no where else? I know someone already mentioned all the places that play baseball.. its numerous.. LOTS of places play baseball. And guess what the NFL played in japan and mexico this year, there is a canadian league, and an European league.. other places ARE interested.

Now what you need to understand, is myself and most of the others are not saying soccer sucks and it cant be the best in the world. We are simply saying its all a matter of opinion and there is no real best in the world, everyone all over the world is gonna have a different favorite, and number of countries doesnt matter, people would be more important. Also that just saying a sport is gay or sucks because you personaly are not interested, is both ignorant and childish. Have respect for other people's opinions and they might respect yours..

On that note I am done posting in this silly thread because continuing to argue with someone that doesnt have an open mind or any realistic views is a waste of time.. let it die.. lol

Deano
i dont have an open mind? u obviously havent read my conspiracy threads.

IMO its a crap opinion when people say they like baseball or american football over soccer.

DanZeke25
Originally posted by sweetness
Personally i think baseball is the most boring sport (yes i do understand it and have watched it many times) as for american football i dont mind it ,i could sit and watch it but i would prefer to watch rugby
I do agree with those who that soccer is a more interesting sport because it gives you sense of anticipation and excitment but i would pick my countries sports over all of them (gaelic football and hurling) because i feel they are the most exciting and give the best rush ever while watching a match and there is always a great atmosphere among supporters but thats just my opinion at not many would agree with me
Each person is going to pick on personal preference regardless of what the best sport really.Most peoplewould pick their countries sports as that is what they have grown up with

You can't really expect people from other country's who've never watched baseball to like it the first time they watched it, because the chances are they saw a Royals vs. Padres game. Now tell me thats exciting. You have know most of the teams and what games to watch for it to be exciting. It also helps if you are rooting for a team. Everytime i watch the playoffs, whether it be NFL, MLB, or NBA, or even NHL, i pick one team from each series and root for them, because it makes it more exciting. Baseball IMO is not a sport to just watch for the hell of it, you have no know whats going on, and also know which games to watch. I know i wouldn't watch a Padres- Royals game unless Jake Peavy was pitching, but on the other hand i would watch every Yankee game and root for them to lose.

DanZeke25

IMO its a crap opinion when people say they like baseball or american football over soccer.

and IMO your opinion is wrong.

forumcrew

saying an opinion is crap is so childish its an opinion. It is their choice, shows your ignorance.

Deano
i know a lot about ignorant people on these boards. and im not one of them

opinions can be crap. so you're tellin me if someone said that backstreet boys are better than the beatles, then that opinion would be worthy? of course you woudnt. its just that some people are little bit blind

Susan-Storm
i agree- Plz do not post back to this post- i hate all sports come to think about it.

forumcrew
i know a lot about ignorant people on these boards. and im not one of them

opinions can be crap. so you're tellin me if someone said that backstreet boys are better than the beatles, then that opinion would be worthy? of course you woudnt. its just that some people are little bit blind

i dont think that opinion would be crap.. i would strongly disagree. But if someone likes the backstreet boys better then the beattles im not gonna tell them their opinion is wrong. because it is an opinion.. also you earlier said music cant be applied to this discussion, and now you try to use it as an example...

Smasandian

OK.
Why is soccer the best?

First, you say its because soccer is "fast and furious", which no doubt it is. But what if somebody likes a slower game? Are they stupid or is its personal taste?

Second, you say its because its the most popular. Ok, it is. Ok, ill use a soccer analogy for this. Is David Beckham the best player in the world, because he is one the most popular player in the world?

And lastly, because its suspensful. Sorry, but every sport has suspense. So its really nothing new.

Dr. Strangelove

Hockey is ten times more fast and furious than football. It is a better sport than football plain and simple. More intensity, more shots on goal, more speed, more everything.

And I like football, but I find half the matches boring (and I watch the Premiere League so no excuses that I'm not watching the top competition) while hockey matches rarely ever get boring.

in all fairness i think american football is more crazy, they knock the shit out of each other.

you think soccer is boring but come the summer of 2006 when the world cup is on, and america are playing against other countrys, you just have to watch the tournament and cheer your team on. some games will be boring, others will be electrifying. but thats what we love about soccer, its unpredictable and you cannot script it. it always raises emotions. you dont appreciate the sport because its never been given a real chance in america.
soccer in england brings the people together, the flags hanging out of windows during the major tournaments, its a sight to behold!
i think you'll find the grueling soccer battles that your country faces will be more exciting then some nfl game. give it a chance this 2006!!

Of course it is supposed to be unpredictable, it's a sport, if it wasn't it'd be wrestling.

By the way, considering how much racism is in soccer with fans throwing bananas at black players, making monkey noises at black players, and racist organizations recruiting new members at football matches, it doesn't bring people together.

That's not a opinion if someone likes baseball over football, that's preference.

Smasandian
I didnt see him mentioning that soccer brings the country together.

I guess he hasnt heared about Canada's obsession with hockey.
Even during regular season games in Toronto, you see every ****ing car with a stupid little flag. Or how about the 2002 gold medal round on where Toronto main street (city of 5 million), was completly empty. ( I mean empty).
Every sport has diehard fans that wave flags around.

Oh Strangelove, you forgot about riots, people killing refs and players and people throwing flares onto the pitch. How many hockey, football, basketball and baseball venues have you seen been empty to a 1 game banned to the home team?
I havnt heared any.

Deano
OK.
Why is soccer the best?

First, you say its because soccer is "fast and furious", which no doubt it is. But what if somebody likes a slower game? Are they stupid or is its personal taste?

Second, you say its because its the most popular. Ok, it is. Ok, ill use a soccer analogy for this. Is David Beckham the best player in the world, because he is one the most popular player in the world?

And lastly, because its suspensful. Sorry, but every sport has suspense. So its really nothing new.

david is one of the best players in the worlds. he is the best passer, the best crosser, the best free kicker taker, and one of the most hardest workers.
bad analogy because there are hundreds are class players and only a few class sports.

and i know every spory has suspense, i was just replying in defence to the other guy who was implyin that football doesnt have suspense.

Deano
Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove
Hockey is ten times more fast and furious than football. It is a better sport than football plain and simple. More intensity, more shots on goal, more speed, more everything.

And I like football, but I find half the matches boring (and I watch the Premiere League so no excuses that I'm not watching the top competition) while hockey matches rarely ever get boring.

Of course it is supposed to be unpredictable, it's a sport, if it wasn't it'd be wrestling.

By the way, considering how much racism is in soccer with fans throwing bananas at black players, making monkey noises at black players, and racist organizations recruiting new members at football matches, it doesn't bring people together.

That's not a opinion if someone likes baseball over football, that's preference.

i like hockey but it still isnt better than soccer, soccer offers more. hockey matches get repetetive, once you have seen one match you have seen them all.
oh and rascism only exists in soccer fans?!dont be stupid, you get a few idiots(mostly the spanish and other foreign countys) who feel its necessary to make rascist chants. it doesnt happen in england anymore. racism is in all sports.

Deano
I didnt see him mentioning that soccer brings the country together.

I guess he hasnt heared about Canada's obsession with hockey.
Even during regular season games in Toronto, you see every ****ing car with a stupid little flag. Or how about the 2002 gold medal round on where Toronto main street (city of 5 million), was completly empty. ( I mean empty).
Every sport has diehard fans that wave flags around.

Oh Strangelove, you forgot about riots, people killing refs and players and people throwing flares onto the pitch. How many hockey, football, basketball and baseball venues have you seen been empty to a 1 game banned to the home team?
I havnt heared any.

flares and killing refs? well you can go and discuss that over in italy or turkey where that crap happens. it doesnt happen everywhere

DanZeke25
i like hockey but it still isnt better than soccer, soccer offers more. hockey matches get repetetive, once you have seen one match you have seen them all.
oh and rascism only exists in soccer fans?!dont be stupid, you get a few idiots(mostly the spanish and other foreign countys) who feel its necessary to make rascist chants. it doesnt happen in england anymore. racism is in all sports.

If anything gets repetetive, its Soccor.

Smasandian
david is one of the best players in the worlds. he is the best passer, the best crosser, the best free kicker taker, and one of the most hardest workers.
bad analogy because there are hundreds are class players and only a few class sports.

Really, so your saying David Beckham is the best?
Well, I think everybody will have to disagree with you.

It doesnt matter if racism and all that stuff we mentioned happens in other countries soccer. It's still happens in the sport of soccer.

And yes, soccer does get repetitive.

jaden101
list i found

click link and scroll down

http://www.johann-sandra.com/popular.htm

JediMasterLuke5
Youre freakin kidding me. American Football is the most fun sport to watch there is. Baseball is very boring though.

Smasandian
list i found

click link and scroll down

http://www.johann-sandra.com/popular.htm

Good site.
Interesting read, even though I dont believe it, but interesting none less.

Dexx
yep. this passage rings warmth to my hear smile
Formula One Racing has the largest television viewing audience in the world with just the Formula One championship bringing in 40 billion viewers annually. Considering there are only 6 Billion people in the world, less than half with television sets, and only a fraction of those caring about Formula One racing, that's quite a few... When questioned, the FIA did not respond.

as for your little debate.
it's clear that the world is divided into two major conceptions about which is the best set of sports.
namely european and american views. i'm not sure you'll ever agree on them.
personally, yeah..i think american football is crappy and baseball is boring as hell. Nascar, mostly just as boring.....but maybe if i had watched them since i could remember.....i'd have liked them.
as it is...i'll stick to socker, basketball and F1 ofcourse. big grin

botankus

You're right! The fast-paced sports of cricket and croquet are much more exciting. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Dexx
most europeans hate those as well.

but that doesn't mean we don't like slow sports. i'm a huge snooker fan.

Deano
cricket and croquet suck balls

snooker is a quality game,

Dexx
yes

StyleTime
Well, I am American ,and I hate baseball and dislike football. Combat sports are the best. Kickboxing,Mixed Martial Arts,real wrestling, etc are really the only sports I like. Basketball is ok though.

It's so funny when these so called tough football players step into the ring and get kocked the **** out.

Combat sports>>>Football,rugby,baseball,soccer or anything else

Deano
i disagree

StyleTime
Out of those sports, rugby and basketball are probably the only ones even remotely entertaining.

Combat sports>>>>all others

forumcrew
Originally posted by StyleTime

It's so funny when these so called tough football players step into the ring and get kocked the **** out.

again ignorance shows.. those guys are tough.. but they arnt skilled in those same arts.. I dont care how tough you are if you try to kick box a guy who is trained in it, and your just a big lineman your gonna get your ass kicked.. has nothing to do with them not being tough, its them not being trained in how to do it.. same would happen if those martial artist stpped on the football field and got laid out by ray lewis.. youd no longer think they were tough.

Smasandian
again ignorance shows.. those guys are tough.. but they arnt skilled in those same arts.. I dont care how tough you are if you try to kick box a guy who is trained in it, and your just a big lineman your gonna get your ass kicked.. has nothing to do with them not being tough, its them not being trained in how to do it.. same would happen if those martial artist stpped on the football field and got laid out by ray lewis.. youd no longer think they were tough.

Exactly.
But Jet Li in Romeo Must Die totally schooled the football players. roll eyes (sarcastic)

StyleTime
No. I realize that they aren't skilled in kickboxing, but that doesn't change the fact that it was funny. The football player also talked a lot of **** before the match which made it more entertaining to see him get knocked out. I wouldn't have laughed if he hadn't talked about "crushing" the fighter pre-fight.

I'd still think they were tough if they got layed out by Ray. I just wouldn't think they were great football players.

P.S. Didn't mean to offend with my original post. I do think that football players are tough. Just overrated by many people.

koolruningz
You cant say one sport is better than the other its all down to personal choice. You cant make yourself like a sport just because someone tells you to (unless you cant think for yourself).
Im English and i grew up around football and rugby and enjoy watching both (rugby more so as its New Zealands #1 sport and i understand it better now).
My favourite sport of all is basketball and i'll watch American football if its on.
This has really digressed into a kids playground argument and in case you havent figured it out yet nobody is gonna budge from their opinion. Its a big world and if we all liked the same sports it'd be boring as hell.

Smasandian
No. I realize that they aren't skilled in kickboxing, but that doesn't change the fact that it was funny. The football player also talked a lot of **** before the match which made it more entertaining to see him get knocked out. I wouldn't have laughed if he hadn't talked about "crushing" the fighter pre-fight.

I'd still think they were tough if they got layed out by Ray. I just wouldn't think they were great football players.

P.S. Didn't mean to offend with my original post. I do think that football players are tough. Just overrated by many people.

I like to see you play a game with two seperated shoulders, a bust up knee and IV fluids in your arm, in 35 Celius heat with the sun. Oh, yeah, do you like getting tackled on concrete.

Oh by the way,
I dont know if you know this, but sparring, which is the tournment form of martial arts ( kickboxing, sharon rue, anythign other martial arts), is done by points and they dont actually kick to hurt the person.
Wrestling, also, is done by points and its not considered a contact sport.
The combat sports your talking about (kickboxing, blah blah blah), that invovles any sort punishment or violence is only found in street fights, or Karate Kid movies.

botankus
same would happen if those martial artist stpped on the football field and got laid out by ray lewis.. youd no longer think they were tough.

Give me any martial artist and Sebastian Janikowski, and I'll put twenty bucks on Janikowski.

StyleTime
I like to see you play a game with two seperated shoulders, a bust up knee and IV fluids in your arm, in 35 Celius heat with the sun. Oh, yeah, do you like getting tackled on concrete.

Oh by the way,
I dont know if you know this, but sparring, which is the tournment form of martial arts ( kickboxing, sharon rue, anythign other martial arts), is done by points and they dont actually kick to hurt the person.
Wrestling, also, is done by points and its not considered a contact sport.
The combat sports your talking about (kickboxing, blah blah blah), that invovles any sort punishment or violence is only found in street fights, or Karate Kid movies.
Yes point sparring is bull****. Sparring is not the tournament form of martial arts. Sparring is practicing just like one does in any other sport. You're sitting here giving false information about sports you apparently know nothing about. I am not talking about point sparring. Kickboxing, MMA, and real wrestling are full contact. Mixed martial arts/Vale Tudo is about as close to actually fighting as you can get. Too many people get the real stuff mixed up with bullshit Karatekid/Jet Li movies. Points are only used if noone is knocked out or submitted.

I'd like to see you fight a perfectly well trained fighter with several broken ribs, break your own arm to escape a submission hold, and still be able to win by knockout. Oh yeah, do you like getting your face stomped?

StyleTime
Originally posted by botankus
Give me any martial artist and Sebastian Janikowski, and I'll put twenty bucks on Janikowski.
You are getting real fighters mixed up with Jet Li/Karate Kid bullshit. Take your pick from Mirko Filipovic, Fedor Emlianenko, Antonio Nogueira, or Rickson Gracie to fight Janikowski however. I will put 1 million on any of these guys..

Dexx
jet li is bullshit?

StyleTime
See forumcrew? People like Botankus think that football players can just show up in the ring and beat trained fighters. Oh well, Janikowski wouldn't be the first football player to get mauled in the ring....or the largest.
Janikowski will end up like poor Aleksander.

http://www.fightauthority.com/albums/animated-gifs/crocop_aleksander.thumb.gif

forumcrew
i think he was joking.. atleast i hope so.. because janikowski is a fat kicker.. which is prolly the only position in the nfl people dont think is tough.. alsothough he is a big guy atleast and he can prolly kick hard lol

Smasandian
Martial arts, wresting, kickboxing?

Do you meant UFC bullshit?
Because if you mean UFC bullshit, then its not martial arts, wrestling and kickboxing.

Wrestling, is not about breaking somebody's arm.
Martial arts is not about bringing down somebody, getting on top of them, and start beating the shit out of them. (Thats called being a thug).

The shit your talking about is crap and pointless. Sure, they're tough, but I still think an 160 pound guy who can kick and bunch, wont beat larry allen, who can bench press 700 pounds. Im sorry, but if it gets on top of him, allen, would throw him like a rag doll.

You say you know shit about martial arts, but riddle me this, isnt martial arts about bettering yourself, then trying to kill somebody?

botankus
See forumcrew? People like Botankus think that football players can just show up in the ring and beat trained fighters. Oh well, Janikowski wouldn't be the first football player to get mauled in the ring....or the largest.

People like Botankus also know when someone's using exaggeration....as forumcrew so aptly pointed out. wink

StyleTime
Originally posted by botankus
People like Botankus also know when someone's using exaggeration....as forumcrew so aptly pointed out. wink
Oops. I apologize. It's hard to tell someone's tone over the internet. Sorry about that.

Smasandian. The fighters in UFC are doing martial arts. Chuck Liddel is from the Koei Kan dojo of Karate. Wrestling, boxing, and kickboxing are all martial arts. Everyone thinks a martial art has to have some japanese name and be associated with ninjas. Those guys are also not thugs and most have college degrees. Most of them are nice as hell too.

And no, martial arts is not about bettering yourself with that zen buddhist crap. The word "martial" mean pertaining to violence for crying out loud. All real martial arts were created to maim or kill. What many of them has become today is a mockery. The purpose of martial arts is to fight, although not to just start fights unneccesarily.

Larry Allen may be strong but being able to throw someone off you doesn't win the fight. These fighters are extensively trained in grappling and are larger than 160 unless you mean like...lightweights. They would apply a submission on Larry's behind so fast it wouldn't be funny. I know it is hard to see for someone new to the sport, but even when these guys look like they are just pounding away, they are actually usually technique. Maintaining a dominant position on top of a grappler while throwing punches is actually more difficult than people think. I've had first hand experience with that one.

JediMasterLuke5

http://www.fightauthority.com/albums/animated-gifs/crocop_aleksander.thumb.gif
Shaquille O'Neal could beat any one's ass in the world.

Deano
its idiotic to thing a martial art is more exciting than soccer

StyleTime
Originally posted by JediMasterLuke5
Shaquille O'Neal could beat any one's ass in the world.
That man is indeed a monster. He could beat lots of people, but not everyone.
its idiotic to thing a martial art is more exciting than soccer
Th only reason I think that is because combat sports ARE more exciting than soccer.

Kicking someone's head>>>>>than kicking a ball.
http://www.k-1usa.net/images/gallery/1482.jpg

Deano
That man is indeed a monster. He could beat lots of people, but not everyone.

Th only reason I think that is because combat sports ARE more exciting than soccer.

Kicking someone's head>>>>>than kicking a ball.
http://www.k-1usa.net/images/gallery/1482.jpg

nah, thats a fascist comment

Deano
http://www.lvcfc.com/images/ronaldinho.gif

Smasandian
Your saying they're is no betterment of yourself in any martial arts? None whatsoever?
You know, like meditation, all that non violence stuff?
It's all about jumping on people and trying to kill them?

I take away the comment about Larry Allen. You might be right. Those guys can probalby beat him up.
But it not because he's not tough enough, its that he doesnt know any fighting skills.
So it creates a unfair fight.

Give Ray Lewis the same fighting techniques the "martial arts" guy has, and then see who's tougher.

DarkC
American Football? Boring?

It would help if you understood the bloody rules, for a start. And played it yourself before you judged.

Deano
american football is like cricket, hard to fathom out and hardly anyone cares

StyleTime
Your saying they're is no betterment of yourself in any martial arts? None whatsoever?
You know, like meditation, all that non violence stuff?
It's all about jumping on people and trying to kill them?

I take away the comment about Larry Allen. You might be right. Those guys can probalby beat him up.
But it not because he's not tough enough, its that he doesnt know any fighting skills.
So it creates a unfair fight.

Give Ray Lewis the same fighting techniques the "martial arts" guy has, and then see who's tougher.
Yes, there is "betterment" per se, but I thought you meant all that movie jizz about being one with the universe and ki channeling stuff.

I know it would be an unfair fight. YOU pit him up against fighters. I don't disagree with you completely however. Larry would destroy smaller or less skilled fighters easily. Strength is always a factor.

Yes, if Ray Lewis learned techniques he would be a decent fighter Heck, he could beat some of the fighters without training. Bob Sapp's winning the Japan K-1 due to some training is a prime example of a football player being a decent fighter. However, Ray would be a fighter if started fighting...not a football player.

By the way, I was not trying to offend you man. I was just playing around in my first post. I DO think football players are tough. I'm not attacking you or anything. smile
Still....
Combat sports>all others

forumcrew
american football is like cricket, hard to fathom out and hardly anyone cares

you constantly show your ignorace.. football is huge packers season tickets takes around 25 years to get. The more you talk to less intelligent you sound, because all you do is try to flame and make up stats.

Smasandian
Yes, there is "betterment" per se, but I thought you meant all that movie jizz about being one with the universe and ki channeling stuff.

I know it would be an unfair fight. YOU pit him up against fighters. I don't disagree with you completely however. Larry would destroy smaller or less skilled fighters easily. Strength is always a factor.

Yes, if Ray Lewis learned techniques he would be a decent fighter Heck, he could beat some of the fighters without training. Bob Sapp's winning the Japan K-1 due to some training is a prime example of a football player being a decent fighter. However, Ray would be a fighter if started fighting...not a football player.

By the way, I was not trying to offend you man. I was just playing around in my first post. I DO think football players are tough. I'm not attacking you or anything. smile
Still....
Combat sports>all others

I know. It just you come across as a person who thinks martial arts is all about killing people. I know thats wrong.

No, I meant that martial arts is more than just beating people up.
And Im not offended at all. I just disagreed with you.

Yeah, deano, nonbody cares about football. NOOOObody. I guess being televised in over 200 countries doesnt really mean much. Or, that people like yourself, get soo angry about it.
I dont see anybody else doing that against soccer.

jaden101
I know. It just you come across as a person who thinks martial arts is all about killing people. I know thats wrong.

No, I meant that martial arts is more than just beating people up.
And Im not offended at all. I just disagreed with you.

Yeah, deano, nonbody cares about football. NOOOObody. I guess being televised in over 200 countries doesnt really mean much. Or, that people like yourself, get soo angry about it.
I dont see anybody else doing that against soccer.

amazing given that there are only 193 countries in the world

Deano
laughing american football is televised in 200 countrys, cool. its a shame nobody in those countrys bother to watch the sport. what does that prove anyway, being viewed in 193 countries and 7 ghost countrys? soccer is the best and most exciting sport, live with it please.

Smasandian i am not angry, i am amused at the silly comments in this thread.
and forum crew im not ignorant. the day any sport beats soccer to the crown of most popular sport in the world, i'll commit suicide.

JediMasterLuke5
laughing american football is televised in 200 countrys, cool. its a shame nobody in those countrys bother to watch the sport. what does that prove anyway, being viewed in 193 countries and 7 ghost countrys? soccer is the best and most exciting sport, live with it please.

Smasandian i am not angry, i am amused at the silly comments in this thread.
and forum crew im not ignorant. the day any sport beats soccer to the crown of most popular sport in the world, i'll commit suicide.
I play and love soccer. But there is no way soccer is the best and most exciting sport. Its defintly one of the most boring sports to watch especially at a professional level. There's just not enough scoring in soccer to make it exciting to watch. Soccer is mostly made up of passing the ball which is very borring to watch.

Pezmerga
It doesnt matter what is more popular World Wide. Its still an opinion. It isnt a fact that soccer is better...its your opinion. Just like I think American Football is 100 times better. Alot of people on this board are conceited lol. They actually think their opinions are law. =P

Deano
I play and love soccer. But there is no way soccer is the best and most exciting sport. Its defintly one of the most boring sports to watch especially at a professional level. There's just not enough scoring in soccer to make it exciting to watch. Soccer is mostly made up of passing the ball which is very borring to watch.

then you know little about the game. there doent have to be lots of goals for it to be enjoyable. no way in hell does it.
a few weeks ago i had the choice of watching manchester united thrash some crappy team in the champions leahue qualifiers, or watching the match between villareal and everton which would be more exciting because there is more at stake.
first you say you love soccer then in one breath you say its boring. yes some matches can be boring, but not all are. same with any sport. not every american football game is exciting, (amazes people think there is) same with baseball.(jesus H christ)

scoring has little to do with it

Deano
Originally posted by Pezmerga
It doesnt matter what is more popular World Wide. Its still an opinion. It isnt a fact that soccer is better...its your opinion. Just like I think American Football is 100 times better. Alot of people on this board are conceited lol. They actually think their opinions are law. =P

its more popular because it is better. and people who think otherwise are deluded. its a fact that the godfather(soccer) is better than american pie(american football, baseball, golf, cricket, motoracing), regardless of the opinion of some ignorant teenager..

JediMasterLuke5
Soccer is very borring to watch as I told you, theyre is way to much passing, and not enough scoring, thats why the majority of americans dont like soccer, becuz its not entaining enough. Football, Basketbal, and Rugby are some of the most exciting sports their is. All of America loves Football, most dont like soccer becuz it so borring to watch. Soccer is fun to play but borring as hell to watch.

StyleTime
http://www.lvcfc.com/images/ronaldinho.gif
I have to admit that was pretty nice.

Kicking someones head is still better though.
http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/7989/bonjasky5xe5hb5mt.gif

And Jedi, not all of America likes football as I am a living example of this....

StyleTime
Originally posted by Dexx
jet li is bullshit?
Jet Li is a good stuntman. He can't actually fight. Most actor/stunt martial artists can't fight as a matter of fact.

pr1983
Soccer is very borring to watch as I told you, theyre is way to much passing, and not enough scoring, thats why the majority of americans dont like soccer, becuz its not entaining enough. Football, Basketbal, and Rugby are some of the most exciting sports their is. All of America loves Football, most dont like soccer becuz it so borring to watch. Soccer is fun to play but borring as hell to watch.

Are you kidding? the fact that it takes actual ability and intelligence to achieve a goal makes it exciting to watch... erm

Smasandian
amazing given that there are only 193 countries in the world

Yes, im a ****ing moron, I know. But the fact, its still watched in shitload of countiries, making my point that its popular. (but not soccer popular)

But soccer is not the best. No sport is. What I like and what you like in a sport differ.
It's like comparing apples and oranges.

It doesnt matter if its the most popular or its exciting.

Pezmerga
its more popular because it is better. and people who think otherwise are deluded. its a fact that the godfather(soccer) is better than american pie(american football, baseball, golf, cricket, motoracing), regardless of the opinion of some ignorant teenager..

lol if Being more popular dictates which things are better, Reality is f*cked up. This is subjective. Its not factual that its better, and never will be. America dont like soccer and the rest of the world (mostly) does. Its cuz people dont look outside the box and like what they are more familiar with. NFL was born here, played here, watched here! It was never really promoted outside the USA until recently. (NFL Europe, game in Mexico (Which sold out btw). I guarantee if you actually took the time to learn american football, and was passionate about a team , you would be able to enjoy it. It's not a sport you can watch and be indifferent about all the teams. Like I hate the Ravens, and love watching them lose. But I love the Bengals and love their games. It sucks when they lose, it puts you in a horrible mood. Its very emotional!

Anyway, I think it's funny people argue Soccer is the best, but no one is trying to say football is. Soccer fans are arrogant =P. People should leran that opinions CAN be different.

Deano
lol if Being more popular dictates which things are better, Reality is f*cked up. This is subjective. Its not factual that its better, and never will be. America dont like soccer and the rest of the world (mostly) does. Its cuz people dont look outside the box and like what they are more familiar with. NFL was born here, played here, watched here! It was never really promoted outside the USA until recently. (NFL Europe, game in Mexico (Which sold out btw). I guarantee if you actually took the time to learn american football, and was passionate about a team , you would be able to enjoy it. It's not a sport you can watch and be indifferent about all the teams. Like I hate the Ravens, and love watching them lose. But I love the Bengals and love their games. It sucks when they lose, it puts you in a horrible mood. Its very emotional!

Anyway, I think it's funny people argue Soccer is the best, but no one is trying to say football is. Soccer fans are arrogant =P. People should leran that opinions CAN be different.

people dont look outside the box? well soccer was created in england so how do u suppose it got so popular with the rest of the world? bang goes your theory?
i woundt wanna learn american football, slow strategic games dont suit me, it will never be more exciting than soccer

i do understand being passionate with a team helps you enjoy the sport, but there are no english teams to be passionate about. unlike soccer you can watch the world cup and enjoy the excitement of USA taking on teams.

Deano
I have to admit that was pretty nice.

Kicking someones head is still better though.
http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/7989/bonjasky5xe5hb5mt.gif

And Jedi, not all of America likes football as I am a living example of this....

yeh i enjoy watching people getting mashed up but it doesnt hold the same excitement as watching your country and club soccer teams play

Deano

most americans watch major league soccer and that can be boring because the players arnt talented enough. you woudnt enjoy watching english teams plying american football because the style would be diffeent and quality lower. get my drift? most US networks to my knowledge dont show european games.
soccer is noy boring, if you watch your team usa play in the world cup, i assure you will be rooting for them and getting a whole lot of emotions worked up during the game

Deano
http://img419.imageshack.us/img419/3582/animation520zlatan0bj.gif
http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/412/cassanoskillsm21yi.gif

forumcrew
did you need to quad post?

Deano
did you need to be so bothered by it that you decided to question me?

jaden101
look...can we end this silly bickering with the undisputed fact that womens beach volleyball is the best sport in the world

the end

Deano
sounds fair to me

forumcrew
and deano i hoped youd respond like that it proves my point.. if i dont like how you post why should i post about it? if you dont like american baseball/football why should you post about it?

look...can we end this silly bickering with the undisputed fact that womens beach volleyball is the best sport in the world

the end

they posed for playboy so they did something interested in my book

Deano
and deano i hoped youd respond like that it proves my point.. if i dont like how you post why should i post about it? if you dont like american baseball/football why should you post about it?

they posed for playboy so they did something interested in my book

im defending football(not american football)

forumcrew
cant you just post in a soccer thread and defend it there? you are flaming american sports not defeding yours, because we werent attacking yours.

FreedomBalla
Ya i really don't understand this thread either. What did you think would happen that people would agree with you? How many people don't like American football and baseball? come on man
I wasn't going to say any thing about this thread but i had to.

Pezmerga
people dont look outside the box? well soccer was created in england so how do u suppose it got so popular with the rest of the world? bang goes your theory?
i woundt wanna learn american football, slow strategic games dont suit me, it will never be more exciting than soccer

i do understand being passionate with a team helps you enjoy the sport, but there are no english teams to be passionate about. unlike soccer you can watch the world cup and enjoy the excitement of USA taking on teams.

No My theory is correct. It got popular and people grew up watching it and stuck with it. It goes both ways though. We grew up with baseball and football, so we are biased, as are you.

At one time Baseball was the #1 Sport here, now its Football. SO this proves that if people give it a chance that some may love it. Maybe you won't. But if you don't give it a chance how do you know? i cant say I never would love Soccer. I never gave it a chance.

and yeah NFL europe is a joke lol. Its just a farm system really...and a lousy one. I do think its kinda cool each country roots for their team in soccer though. as opposed to different cities. But still Its what each is accustomed to.

Anyway lets just like what we like, whats the point in arguing over which is better? It isnt gonna make people change their minds.

StyleTime
Anyway lets just like what we like, whats the point in arguing over which is better? It isnt gonna make people change their minds.
No, but it's fun.

To Deano,
That second gif was awesome.

http://img431.imageshack.us/img431/5940/backphist0hz3he.gif

Other sports even want to imitate combat sports.

http://img431.imageshack.us/img431/3702/judokick0vh4da.gif
http://www.basketsession.com/video/bowen_kick_wally.gif

Deano
cool gifs, that last one has to be intential lol

i have this video called 'vinnie jones great balls of fire' and its full of sporting violence. this one player is angry at the ref so he grabs him, knocks him to the ground and starts punching him repeatedly. the refs ear was bleeding.disgusting.

StyleTime
Yeah it did look intentional lol.
He must have been punching hard to get the ref's ears to bleed. You must admit though, sometimes we all want to beat the **** out of the ref.

the end
I agree. I have no gifs of it unfortunately.

AdventChild
If you don't like the sports then you don't like the sports you honestly think we want to hear you ramble about how you don't like them and why.... there's people out there that loves the sport! I'm no fan of lacross and rugby but you don't see me making a thread about how i don't like them and how i think they are rubbish....=l

alic88
before i moved to america, i also used to think that baseball and american football sucked real bad. But its all about understanding the rules of the game, i tell ya. I am so into footbal now just today i went to see texans, and last week i went to see the world series. Its all about getting used to it

Bicnarok

Bicnarok

Deano
if there are still deluded people out there who think soccer isnt the best sport, then i ask them to watch the argentina vs england game that was played today. then tell me soccer is crap. and i will kill you

Smasandian
Well yes, If I see something round I throw it.

Deano, yes soccer is exciting and fun and great to watch.
But its not the best. No sport is.

botankus
if there are still deluded people out there who think soccer isnt the best sport, then i ask them to watch the argentina vs england game that was played today. then tell me soccer is crap. and i will kill you
I would watch it, but I urinated on it first. Sorry, Deano! wink

Deano
was you that excited by the game? big grin

BackFire

Hey that's great, I think those two sports are generally pretty boring as well. I also think soccer is just as boring, if not more.

Dexx

Deano
Originally posted by BackFire
Hey that's great, I think those two sports are generally pretty boring as well. I also think soccer is just as boring, if not more.

most americans say that about soccer.

Alpha Centauri
American football is one of the few sports that is played in any weather, not called off for anything and with less player/player hostility on the field than most other sports.

I enjoy football the most along with ice hockey but I wouldn't say it's the definitive best. It's become more and more about commercials and image than playing the game. American football has that too but the game clearly comes first.

-AC

darth_royke
alpha, i feel that about most sports. commercialism is ripe in them all, but i see it less in the sports i like the most. i think to be honest, its in them all at an over used level. everything, in america especially, is sponsered by some sort of company.

Smasandian
I think soccer is the most commericialized sport they're is.
In NFL, MLB and NHL, there isnt any corporations on the jerseys of the teams aside from the company that makes the jersey. The only sponsership is in the areanes.
In soccer, every team has a company on their jersey and in canada, its not called The English Premierships, its called Barclay's English Premiership. That's weak.

So do you agree Alpha, that no sport is better?

darth_royke
yeah but like basketball... its not the nba slam dunk contest, its the nestle slam dunk contest. its not a rookie game, its the got milk rookie game. i dont know about the other sports because i dont watch them. soccor is true too, along the pitch are adverts too, not just on the jerseys. but look at motor racing? how much money is paid for a small amount of space on a car or bike? without them though we probably wouldnt have these sports.

Alpha Centauri
So do you agree Alpha, that no sport is better?

No, because if you're going to sit there and tell me that cricket is anything other than excrement, pardon my laughing.

-AC

WindDancer
I think soccer is the most commericialized sport they're is.
In NFL, MLB and NHL, there isnt any corporations on the jerseys of the teams aside from the company that makes the jersey.

That is a valid you got there samsandian. I've notice those jerseys have like a dozen ads patches on all sides and even on the shorts. I find them rather flamboyant and way too colorful. I not sure if I'm watching a sport or watching the circus clowns perform their tricks. stick out tongue

Smasandian
Yeah.
Every sport is commercialized.
Some more than others.

cx218
I am a Briton living in the US.

I believe American sport teams should have sponsors on their shirts. I find it strange that they don't since every other thing is commercialised. Closed captioning on TV is sponsored, half-time shows for American football and basketball are sponsored, US televisions show advertisements every 10 mins (compared to every 15 minutes in the UK). I personally find the NFL/NBA drafts very strange in such a commercialised country. If you want a player, buy that player!

On another note, I believe the MLS should be scrapped. I have watched MLS games and find them really sub-standard and boring. I think NFL Europe should be scrapped too. Leave the American football to the experts (Americans) and leave the real football to the experts too (European league teams)

Smasandian
Originally posted by cx218
I am a Briton living in the US.

I believe American sport teams should have sponsors on their shirts. I find it strange that they don't since every other thing is commercialised. Closed captioning on TV is sponsored, half-time shows for American football and basketball are sponsored, US televisions show advertisements every 10 mins (compared to every 15 minutes in the UK). I personally find the NFL/NBA drafts very strange in such a commercialised country. If you want a player, buy that player!

On another note, I believe the MLS should be scrapped. I have watched MLS games and find them really sub-standard and boring. I think NFL Europe should be scrapped too. Leave the American football to the experts (Americans) and leave the real football to the experts too (European league teams)

Well, its not strange, its the way its done in the leagues. It wont work anyways, because they're is only 30 teams in the league while in soccer, they'res thousands all over Europe. What would happen is that richest team will buy all the players, making the sport really crappy to watch, and unlike soccer, they're is only 2 countries producing talent for the league, while in soccer they're alteast 100 quality countries producing.

And just because everything is commercialized in the leagues, why go worst and ruinen the actual game while your watching it. I like seeing the jerseys.

DiamondBullets

You be fulla shit, homie. Aint nothing boring about football. Maybe you just don't know the rules which is why you be dissin' tha sport.

Y'all British people like Basketball? (college is betta than NBA)

DiamondBullets
Its not a yank sport, its an Canadian sport. Its one of the most exciting game they is. You have speed, checking, skill and fights. I cant see why nonbody really get into it.

.....cuz I'm half black and hawaiian.....thats why.

Deano
Originally posted by DiamondBullets
You be fulla shit, homie. Aint nothing boring about football. Maybe you just don't know the rules which is why you be dissin' tha sport.

Y'all British people like Basketball? (college is betta than NBA)

basketball is ok. gets borin tho

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by DiamondBullets
(college is betta than NBA)

You crazy. NBA is way better than college

DiamondBullets
Originally posted by Inspectah Deck
You crazy. NBA is way better than college

Hell naw! The NBA is all about showing off, style, and not giving a fukk about tha game. Even the great Michael Jordan said him self; 'these kids now-a-days get things they don't deserve', referring to how a second-string point guard gets an outrageous paycheck for just wearing a jersey. They make seven-figure contracts just to be assholes and criminals off the court. Artest should never be allowed to play basketball agian. College is way more genuine, cuz the players aren't getting payed and actually have love for the game. 'Naw Mean?

cx218
It seems a lot more active than American Football. But when the score is not close it gets really boring.

College Football and College Basketball is better though...better atmosphere overall.

Still prefer English Football though.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>