-=- Harry Potter 4 Movie Might Not Be Released! -=-

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Acherontia
.... In Canada

Winnipeg Band "The Wyrd Sisters" Are sueing Warner Borthers and Harry Potter for 40 million $ Beacsue the Fictional Band in the Movie shares the same name as them and INfringes on there Copyright.
The people might thenk theya re the abnd from Harry Potter instead of a real band.

http://www.greenplastic.com/news/archives/2005/10/jonny_and_phil.php

potcfan_forever
no way!! wow i cant believe that. but..why only canada? ..confused...

Saratn
no, i doubt just Canada. If the Wyrd sisters wanted to they would try to make it global. cause it will show up in all of the movies across the country. But The Wyrd sisters will lose this suit. they don't have a case. ((i know, cause i kind of study law on my spare time))

HPRox90
They can't do that!!!!!!!! That's horrible!!! Can they, Sartan??? You said they have no case.

Saratn
they honestly have nothing. WB's claimed in the article that they aren't using the name at all. 20% of it they are going after the group that is playing in the movie. but like they said, they have no case.

Director_Joe
I agree fully. They've got nothing. And even if they do (which they don't) the WB would give them some money to shut them up.

Saratn
they offered some money already i think if i remember correctly.

Susan-Storm
WOW. If HP Does not come out that be upseting

Saratn
it's coming out. THEY HAVE NOTHING AT ALL AGAINST WARNER BROTHERS AND IT WILL NOT STOP HARRY POTTER FROM COMING OUT. THEY HAD A MEETING IN JUNE, AND IT HAS BEEN TWO MONTHS. HARRY POTTER IS COMING OUT AS EXPECTED...IF NOT...THEN I DO NOT DESERVE TO STUDY LAW...ok, sorry just had to make that point. as the D.A. would say...the people rest.

nick1811
aren't they the 'wierd sisters' in the book, not the 'wyrd sisters'?

Lana
Originally posted by nick1811

Yeah, they are....

Saratn
yes it is. but Rowling has done something similar to the first book before...or so it was claimed...

~*Lover_girl1*~
Originally posted by nick1811

I think so . I hope this doesn't go through...I've really been looking forward to this movie.

danagrint
The "Weird Sisters" will probably lose

Saratn
it's WYRD. and they will lose. they have NO case

danagrint
It's so stupid

jedi sarah
it's like when someone in the states tried to sue lord of the rings because of the insensitivity of the name "the two towers"

potcfan_forever
Originally posted by jedi sarah
it's like when someone in the states tried to sue lord of the rings because of the insensitivity of the name "the two towers"

are you making up an example or did that really happen?! huh

Saratn
i think that really happened.

danagrint
it did:O

Saratn
well WB's is going to win this case hands down

DarkC
Originally posted by Acherontia
.... In Canada

Winnipeg Band "The Wyrd Sisters" Are sueing Warner Borthers and Harry Potter for 40 million $ Beacsue the Fictional Band in the Movie shares the same name as them and INfringes on there Copyright.
The people might thenk theya re the abnd from Harry Potter instead of a real band.

They don't even have the same name spelling. That's retarded.

*goes off to send hate mail to Wyrd Sisters*

zac_j
theyd still release it, no one gives a shit about the band.

Lord DarqueLand
I understand that the band is gonna lose. But is there any proof that the band really is as old as it says it is? for all we know they could have read the book, made the band figuring that as soon as they started to make Goblet of Fire, they would sue

Saratn
true...but they really stand no chance either way

dansdaman
ok, do you know how many fans would kill if that happened?...including me

danagrint
a lot

dansdaman
exactly!...and ya

Lord DarqueLand
Yeah....It certainly would cause lots of .....uproar....

babysooner13
They can't do that!!!! *tears*

Grainne Salt
It's NOT going to happen because bitterness and jealousy don't make a case. Nor greed. Everything but talent....which should explain things. The fact that even before the film release they are crying about how they're never going to be able to "get their band off the ground again" is testament to their lameness. Like if they say they've been "building their reputation for 15 years"...shouldn't they be just slightly off the ground already? I'm a proud Canadian, and feeling embarrassed by their now-famed whining and snivelling, and blaming of their anticipated ruination on someone else. I'm sure we all know that the real reason for the failures of their life is not WB, but their bad attitude and negativity. I mean if any one of us were lucky enough to get our names associated with the legendary Harry Potter....wow...we'd probably fly with it!

In fact I'm feeling a little sorry for WS, cuz they're going to regret their behavior forever---it will only invalidate their music. Who's ever going to take them seriously now? People like that are their own worst enemy. Life must be hard for them.

Saratn
well whose fault is that for being so lame in sueing warner brothers? it is their fault if their career goes down the drain for something they did.

Grainne Salt
Their career can't go possibly go down the drain--they never had one, let alone one worth 40 mill. It's pretty much a lost cause when people in the next town have never even heard of you. So that's why I don't wish them worse than they already have. On the other hand...I wish somebody would sue Warner Bros, for a legit reason rather than a personal agenda which is merely disruptive and wastes everyone's time. They are a bunch of sc**bags, but too rich to be beaten in court. The only way to fight back is to boycott them and their merchandise....*after* watching the Harry Potter film of course. (I couldn't punish myself by missing it). As badly as I wanted to, I haven't bought a single DVD, and it just about killed me not to buy the games. But I suppose I can always pirate them. Normally I would say no company deserves that, but I'd have to make an exception here. I wish Jo Rowling would stand up to them.

Lord DarqueLand
In fact it might even boost their popularity

Imperial_Samura
Copyright laws, to me knowledge though, don't cross international bounderies. The book is in England, the movie wasn't made in Canada, as as far as I know "Wyrd Sisters" isn't a registered trademark anywhere. I mean a film made in the US that has a coffeeshop called The Coffee grind in it wouldn't be at risk from being sued if it came to Australia by some coffee shop here with the same name, that's not how it works.

If this has a logical conclusion the band wont have a case.

Saratn
that's what i've been saying...no case...and no it wouldn't give them much popularity.

Lord DarqueLand
Well it could.....There are crazy people out there....All the band would have to do is say they are the weird sisters from harry potter and that boosts their popularity already

Saratn
yea, and Michael Jackson's popularity was boosted by the molestations that he allegedly done, and OJ Simpson and his alleged murders.

Mazza
wow things r firin up here....

Lord DarqueLand
yep they are

bubbles33
do u think it will b banned world wide :

Lord DarqueLand
No...

Has anyone heard anything recently about whats going on with this??

Joseph_Kerr
Here... send your hatemail to [email protected]

Lord DarqueLand
how did you get that e-mail? thats hillarious

Siruisly
Ok i don't know why everyone is stressing out over this..

Let's say the "Wyrd" sisters have an international copyright.. and that would mean that no other band could use that name or anything like that without the chance of being sued.

BUT

The band in harry potter is the "Weird" sisters.. no matter what, this stupid canadian band can't say that no one can change the spelling of a word (and in this case, correct the spelling) and use it..

There copyright (which i doubt is international, especially since like no one has heard of them.. and i'm from the U.S. right below these retards and i haven't..) would only cover the "Wyrd Sisters" any other variation would be totally acceptable.. and if they wanted to sue someone they shouldn't sue WB.. all they are doing is making a movie.. they didn't give the band the name.. they didn't write the books.. J.K. did.. (not that i think she should be sued.. because i think she's one of the most talented writers ever) and also this legal suit should have been done ages ago when the band was mentioned for the first time.. and i'm not sure which book that was, cause J.K. makes so many small references to things..

But the point of this is..

the "Wyrd Sisters" suck.. and anything dealing with Harry Potter is awesome.. and they should have played off of that.. maybe they'd have even gotten a bid to be the band in the movie.. but no they are douche bags..

Lord DarqueLand
Someone should try and download some of their music and post it on this FORUM

DarkC
Originally posted by Acherontia
.... In Canada

That's sort of silly, considering the fourth book has been out quite a while now and none of them were informed or took action.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.