Quake 4 DONE

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Highlord
well then its official, Quake 4 is done and will begin shipping on Tuesday, October 18th the game will be arriving at retailers beginning Wednesday, October 19th.

I for one cant wait, I really like the other Quakes for many reasons, and this one looks like to be one of my favs this year, wow this is great!

crazy_shadow
yeah...i read the website....www.planetquake.com i was looking for a patch for the quake 3 and i saw it up.

my computer couldnt handle that game so im going to stick with xbox360's version, although im positive the pc version will be better in graphics..it always is wink

Odie
Its a bout time that Quake 4 came out. just put my coppy on a pay down. and not just that Raven compinty made it which is one of my fave computer co. smile All i need is starcraft Gost sad

crazy_shadow
Originally posted by Odie
Its a bout time that Quake 4 came out. just put my coppy on a pay down. and not just that Raven compinty made it which is one of my fave computer co. smile All i need is starcraft Gost sad

and id software woo smile

chops
Quake are (in my opinion) one of the best first person shooters(my pc is crap and i havent played on many) but ill probably end up buying the xbox 360 version though.

crazy_shadow
Originally posted by chops
Quake are (in my opinion) one of the best first person shooters(my pc is crap and i havent played on many) but ill probably end up buying the xbox 360 version though. Quake and Doom are my favorite...ID SOFTWARE IS #1!!!!!!.....heh

Smasandian
Originally posted by chops
Quake are (in my opinion) one of the best first person shooters(my pc is crap and i havent played on many) but ill probably end up buying the xbox 360 version though.

Umn okay?

You mean you havnt played the game?

Quake has been a good series.
But I wonder if Relic can pull it off because ID Software games have been pretty average gameplay wise ( but awesome technically)

chops
Originally posted by Smasandian
Umn okay?

You mean you havnt played the game?

Quake has been a good series.
But I wonder if Relic can pull it off because ID Software games have been pretty average gameplay wise ( but awesome technically)

Sorry i meant i havent played on many fps games but i have played on the first 3 quake games though.

Smasandian
And the reviews for this game havnt been too good.
I read the IGN one, and again, like i said before, ID Software games are typically not as good as most in the gameplay moment. Basically, what they said, is that it didnt have that wow factor that made it to be considered with the top FPS.

Still looks like a good game to buy, but it aint going to be near as good as FEAR.

Acherontia
Quake 4 Shipping Oct 19, Eccpected Avlability on Torrents Oct 20th with PLENTY of fresh Serial Codes to place our hands on...

Sorry Corporates, your just not getting my 84$ (taxe Included) on this one.

Smasandian
Originally posted by Acherontia
Quake 4 Shipping Oct 19, Eccpected Avlability on Torrents Oct 20th with PLENTY of fresh Serial Codes to place our hands on...

Sorry Corporates, your just not getting my 84$ (taxe Included) on this one.

Yeah, your cool.
Oh, its 84 dollars.
Nah, its 49.99 american, which is pretty reasonable for an triple aaa game.
You know, this shit cost money to make.
Your just giving the companies more of a reason to hike up the price. (or destory orginality)

DarkC
The local Future Shop is offering preorders right now. I'd buy it, but my computer sucks.

crazy_shadow
but it aint going to be near as good as FEAR. the game wasnt supposed to be scary. thats doom, quake is a game to have a hell of a time shooting monsters and stuff confused

Yeah, your cool.
Oh, its 84 dollars.
Nah, its 49.99 american, which is pretty reasonable for an triple aaa game.
You know, this shit cost money to make.
Your just giving the companies more of a reason to hike up the price. (or destory orginality) xbox360 games are going to be $60, but the pc will stay $50....some are going to $55 though sad

Acherontia
sorry 72$ USD, 84$ CND

I'm actually FOR buyign the games, but when they are close to a hundred bucks per game, mmmm no thanks.

Heck, I saw far cry at a Staples for 19.99$ CND, so like, 12 USD.

crazy_shadow
Originally posted by Acherontia
sorry 72$ USD, 84$ CND

I'm actually FOR buyign the games, but when they are close to a hundred bucks per game, mmmm no thanks.

Heck, I saw far cry at a Staples for 19.99$ CND, so like, 12 USD. if their $100 a game...ill wait till they go down to $50 laughing out loud

Smasandian
But its not $72.

It's $49.99.
So its $59.99

Crazy Shadow, who cares if Quake 4 isnt suppose to be scary. FEAR will still be a much better game.

crazy_shadow
But its not .

It's .99.
So its .99

Crazy Shadow, who cares if Quake 4 isnt suppose to be scary. FEAR will still be a much better game. oh FEAR is a game? LOL i thought u meant quake4 should be scary...my bad... jesus christ ><

Smasandian
Hahahaha.

Look FEAR up, it will be the best PC game this year.

crazy_shadow
k, maybe i will... shifty

Acherontia

Smasandian
Yeah, Doom 3 is awesome for the first 5 hours.
But the game is very repetitive.

But really, get FEAR. Both gamespot, IGN and PC gamer have rated it %92. It's creepy like The Ring, but the action is awesome. Each battle you have with the really good AI will leave the room your in absoutly destroyed. ( i mean windows smashed, walls destroyed, lights destroyed,) basically, its like being in a old John Woo movie, like the Killers.

The Highlord
Yeah I'l get Quake 4 and Fear and Serious Sam2, and Stalker and what else hehe, anyway is the full version of Fear out?

Smasandian
Tomorrow.

Serious Sam 2?
I hearedd some bad things about that game.

STALKER looks very unique. But I have no idea when it will be released.

Odie

The Highlord
So this game has been out now for about 3 weeks, any of you tried it yet? I got it a few days ago, and I really dig it! it was way above all my previous exspectations, and its got lots of good action, infact I like it more then Doom3 already, its so good, you can ''drive'' tanks, or acturly they are sorta like a hovercraft tank, and you can have those robots like in Alien2 only with guns on them, and all sorts of stuff, also i like the fact that your often with a squad that supposrts, and the gameplay is just top notch, its always fun and never gets old, the weapons are also very fun, same goes for the monsters, this is IMO a very good answer for best game of the year, I also got FEAR havint played it that much since Quake4 is sooo fun smile but I know it'l be very good aswell, im just gonna finish up 1 at the time

Smasandian
Yeah FEAR is pretty awesome.

I havnt picked up Quake 4 yet and I will but not until I figure out my problem with my card.

tomtom45
I love the series.

BackFire
I've been playing through Quake 4, and I'm actually quite enjoying it. Kinda underrated, I think.

It's a fun, mindless, action packed run and gun FPS game with gorgeous graphics and fun battles.

It's no FEAR, but then again, few games are.

Dayscribe
Quake 4 was amazing. To be honest, I didn't like FEAR much. erm
Kinda overhyped.

crazy_shadow
I dislike the fact people put down Quake4 because "of its story". It's story is very unique. How many games actually have aliens invading Earth AND!!! turning people into half man, half machine? As far as I've seen..none...i love the story....And can't wait for Quake5 to be notified!

Dayscribe
Same here, Shadow. Obvious by my sig. big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.