All-American thread.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

EsteemedLeader
I'm not a jingoist or a nationalist, nor do I hate foreigners. In fact, they are very hard-working people who make up an important part of the economy here in Florida.

Let out your patriotism for the States here. And tell why you love America (not why you like it better than another country, but...you know what I mean)

I like the flag! It looks like pajamas!!!

I love apple pie!

I love the story of the American Revolution!!! Washington rulez!!!

I love 'American Dad'!!!

http://us.ent4.yimg.com/tv.yahoo.com/images/he/photo/tv_pix/fox/american_dad/gal_stan.jpg

http://www.wsrec.org/images/American%20Flag.jpg

EsteemedLeader
P.S. No stupid 'Team America' references. That movie sucked.

Family_guy725
i love football (like waterboy movie football)
i love throwing cans at liberals on the street holding up anti war signs
i love myself

Family_guy725
Originally posted by EsteemedLeader
word rock

Lord. Zidane
America is cool.

MC Mike
America is alrite... been deteriorating lately but all world focal points collapse at some point.

I like it here. Some people are arrogant but other than that it's alrite.

Bun Bun
I love the fact that you can be who ever you want to be if you work hard enought at it yes

EsteemedLeader
I also love Lee Greenwood's 'God Bless the USA'.

And Hulk Hogan!!!
http://www.hulkhogan.it/mramerica5.jpg

Family_guy725
http://www.tve.co.il/images/full_15062004_AmericanDad.jpg
http://www.mypetmonkey.com/images/library/quagmire.JPG
i bet Seth didnt want to get a new actor for american dad so he put Quagmire on steroids

EsteemedLeader
Originally posted by Family_guy725
http://www.tve.co.il/images/full_15062004_AmericanDad.jpg
http://www.mypetmonkey.com/images/library/quagmire.JPG
i bet Seth didnt want to get a new actor for american dad so he put Quagmire on steroids

Holy crap you're right!!!scared

EsteemedLeader
Wow, I almost forgot to put the pic of the flag in the first post! Just barely beat the time limit.

EsteemedLeader
Originally posted by Bun Bun
I love the fact that you can be who ever you want to be if you work hard enought at it yes

Hell yes. Land of the free.

Family_guy725
Hell yes. Land of the free.
yeah that is till some liberals get hold of it it will be land of fees

EsteemedLeader
yeah that is till some liberals get hold of it it will be land of fees

laughing out loud

Wow, I didn't know there were this many conservatives on KMC. It makes me happy!!!

And I like Mr. T!!!

http://idata.over-blog.com/0/08/30/45/mr.-t.jpg

Family_guy725
well i just dont like many democrats there are a few i get along with but whats with the anti gun thing and i hate people on the streets with all these signs about stop the war oh yes im sure that they wont try to attack us after we have wiped half there people off the face of this earth they will just say well that was fun and go back to there normal lives i dont think so i say we just nuke em

EsteemedLeader
well i just dont like many democrats there are a few i get along with but whats with the anti gun thing and i hate people on the streets with all these signs about stop the war oh yes im sure that they wont try to attack us after we have wiped half there people off the face of this earth they will just say well that was fun and go back to there normal lives i dont think so i say we just nuke em

I like the way you think.yes

But noooooooo, it's bad to nuke terrorists.glare

bardocks online right now.sad

Family_guy725
I like the way you think.yes

But noooooooo, it's bad to nuke terrorists.glare

bardocks online right now.sad
did he make a poop thread or rebel or something?? and was he permanetly banned??

EsteemedLeader
did he make a poop thread or rebel or something?? and was he permanetly banned??

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f61/t370414.html

Acherontia
What i love about America Is that you can be as idiotically extream in any way And still eb part of the majority.

Family_guy725
he was cool he was cool

EsteemedLeader
"HITLER RULES
KILL WHITEY
JIHAD"

laughing out loud

Family_guy725
"HITLER RULES
KILL WHITEY
JIHAD"

laughing out loud laughing that was like a friggin hallmark moment man laughing

EsteemedLeader
His sarcasm will be missed exponentially.

black robb
I love american breasts

EsteemedLeader
Originally posted by black robb
I love american breasts

Me too.

Spelljammer
#1: Doesn't it kickass now in Florida we get to shoot people whenever we want? stick out tongue

#2: Apple pie, the twinkie should be the national food. It was developed in the 30s by a baker wanting to do something special for the ww2 soldiers, because bannanas were scarce, he wanted to make a bannana cream filling which because of the blend ended up tasting more like a vannila flavoring but had a unique flavour which thus created the twinkie.

#3: SpellJammer loved Team America. smile

#4: Umm.. Americans are like fine whine, they don't evolve, just mature over time.

a hundred years oughtta do it..

EsteemedLeader
Originally posted by Spelljammer
#1: Doesn't it kickass now in Florida we get to shoot people whenever we want? stick out tongue

#2: Apple pie, the twinkie should be the national food. It was developed in the 30s by a baker wanting to do something special for the ww2 soldiers, because bannanas were scarce, he wanted to make a bannana cream filling which because of the blend ended up tasting more like a vannila flavoring but had a unique flavour which thus created the twinkie.

#3: SpellJammer loved Team America. smile

#4: Umm.. Americans are like fine whine, they don't evolve, just mature over time.

a hundred years oughtta do it..

Woah, I was looking forward to a conservative anti-liberal conspiracy. blink

EsteemedLeader
EDIT.

Spelljammer
Hmm.. let SpellJammer think..

Well, if you enjoy Star Trek you're probably liberal, and if you enjoy Star Wars you're probaly conservative

SpellJammer was watching one of the Star Wars Trilogy movies and simultaneously reading an issue of National Review one cold day this past Florida summer. Later in the day, he stumbled across an episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation on Spike TV, and the potent mix of science fiction, politics and a bottle of Argentine malbec led him to a slight epiphany: typical Star Wars fans are conservatives, and typical Star Trek fans are liberals.

Of course, there is no evidence to prove this other than random anecdotes, but he bets he is right. If you consider yourself having at least a passing interest in either of these two space sagas and are at least somewhat politically aware, SpellJammer would be willing to wager more often than not that Star Wars fans are more conservative than those fans of the Star Trek series, especially the more recent series in the last 20 years.

Why? Well, to understand that question, we need to look at the universes of both franchises and how that fantasy world relates to real world of human nature and our own experiences on this earth. Before the geeks attack, I am fully aware that Star Wars takes place in a totally foreign galaxy and that it is set long, long ago. Star Trek, in contrast, takes place in the 23rd century.

The simplest argument for Star Wars being a more conservative story than that of Star Trek is the story of the Rebel Alliance and the Galactic Civil War. As the story is unfurled, we learn that this Rebellion is not a movement to create some kind of new republic or to advance new revolutionary theories on the equality of men (or, um, aliens for that matter). What we see here is actually the ultimate conservative revolution since the whole goal of the Rebellion is to restore the Old Republic from the Empire.

The corrupting influence of the Emperor, a former senator in the Republican senate, and his apprentice Darth Vader twists a soft and decadent Republic into an Empire and then attempts to crush dissent throughout the galaxy by vaporizing planets with the Death Star. The objective of Princess Leia and company is simply to restore what was lost -- not create a new political destiny. This is the exact same argument that many conservatives in America use right now when they speak of "restoring America" from the influences of a liberal press, liberal media, liberal academia, et al.

It isn't just the political situation in Star Wars. It is how human nature is portrayed, and this is where it really differentiates itself from Star Trek. Yes, both stories involve high technology that borders on the fantastic, but in Star Wars this technology hasn't settled the questions of the basic human condition: what is good and what is evil? How does power corrupt? Is there redemption for sin?

In the universe of Star Wars, there is still greed and the potential for betrayal. Han Solo is a perfect example of the former, and Lando Calrissian an example of the latter. There are still jealousies. Most importantly, there is still the human capacity to choose to do evil and the capacity to choose to do good. The whole concept of the Force is somewhat analogous to Zen Buddhism in that there is no creator god, but there is a mystical presence that governs the lives of humans (although, as far as I know, Zen doesn't encompass clairvoyance or telekinesis. Kinda cool if it did though!).

In the most important scene of the trilogy, Luke Skywalker must redeem the father, Darth Vader, who has fallen from grace, by choosing to not indulge in the temptation to do evil and "give in to the Dark Side." If this story didn't have lightsabers, hyperspace or Ewoks, it wouldn't be particularly out of place in ancient mythology -- which is exactly the kind of world that George Lucas was attempting to create.

Conservative thought is founded on the idea that man is a fallen creature, and while he, and human society for that matter, cannot be perfected, he can be redeemed from choosing to do evil and choosing to do good. From the redemption of major characters like Darth Vader to relatively minor ones like Solo and Calrissian, this is the leitmotiv of Star Wars.

In stark contrast, Star Trek is a world where practically all the problems of the world are solved by technology and advanced human "progress." There is no money in the universe of Star Trek and, presumably, no greed, either. Evidently, the United Federation of Planets has found a way to defeat scarcity as well as more base human problems. There is no real evil to be found in Star Trek -- we even come to feel something for the Klingons that resembles pity.

There is surely no such thing as sin, as that would be far too archaic and not a good fit for this future society that has somehow magically solved all the problems on the Earth and now sends emissaries across space to solve the problems of other planets. There is no religion in the world of Star Trek, and it is not out of bounds to presume that the crew of the Enterprise does not worship anything other than their own abilities and scientific progress -- much like the modern left across the world.

The scientific progress in Star Trek never creates a negative unintended consequence, nor are noble sentiments about traveling throughout space to seek out new worlds perverted into missions of conquest or corruption. In an episode of Star Trek, it is not unthinkable to see a panel of some interplanetary commission on the Rights of All Space Creatures or some other rot that would be right at home at some UN council meeting.

Star Trek represents the kind of world that we might have if not only our science progresses, but our moral development as well. The only trouble is that in every single instance of an imposed "moral development," the total opposite of progress happens.

Examples abound from the French Revolution, which tried to re-create French society and eventually waged war against Christianity, to the Bolshevik revolution of Russia, which tried to rewrite the laws of economics, to North Korea, which actually has done away with money and greed and has plenty of dead and starving children to show for it.

The world of Star Trek is the world of the fantasist who believes that everything that is ugly in society, from racism to greed, can be erased through enough education, science or sheer will power to make things better. In other words, it is the world of the modern liberal.

Star Trek is a nice but totally absurd fantasy that will never be. For better or worse, our future will look a lot more like Star Wars.

Coldfire
whoa that's a looooooong post blink LOL

BackFire

What!? How can you like American Dad and say that Team America sucked?

Tired Hiker
EEluSive CockK LeAK

Tired Hiker
Oooops, sorry. I thought I was in this thread:

write ur user name with your elbow and nose!! ^^

embarrasment

Spelljammer
SpellJammer has to bump this thread! The dutch made thier own topic! If this countinues they'll drink all our beer, commit adultry with our women, take our jobs, and um.. speak in ebonics! FOSHIZZLE!

EsteemedLeader
Wow, I actually read that whole thing.

Spelljammer just put a complex theory of governmental system, into a format by which someone with the attention span of a monkey can understand.

EsteemedLeader
EDIT.

black robb
Originally posted by Spelljammer
Hmm.. let SpellJammer think..

Well, if you enjoy Star Trek you're probably liberal, and if you enjoy Star Wars you're probaly conservative

SpellJammer was watching one of the Star Wars Trilogy movies and simultaneously reading an issue of National Review one cold day this past Florida summer. Later in the day, he stumbled across an episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation on Spike TV, and the potent mix of science fiction, politics and a bottle of Argentine malbec led him to a slight epiphany: typical Star Wars fans are conservatives, and typical Star Trek fans are liberals.

Of course, there is no evidence to prove this other than random anecdotes, but he bets he is right. If you consider yourself having at least a passing interest in either of these two space sagas and are at least somewhat politically aware, SpellJammer would be willing to wager more often than not that Star Wars fans are more conservative than those fans of the Star Trek series, especially the more recent series in the last 20 years.

Why? Well, to understand that question, we need to look at the universes of both franchises and how that fantasy world relates to real world of human nature and our own experiences on this earth. Before the geeks attack, I am fully aware that Star Wars takes place in a totally foreign galaxy and that it is set long, long ago. Star Trek, in contrast, takes place in the 23rd century.

The simplest argument for Star Wars being a more conservative story than that of Star Trek is the story of the Rebel Alliance and the Galactic Civil War. As the story is unfurled, we learn that this Rebellion is not a movement to create some kind of new republic or to advance new revolutionary theories on the equality of men (or, um, aliens for that matter). What we see here is actually the ultimate conservative revolution since the whole goal of the Rebellion is to restore the Old Republic from the Empire.

The corrupting influence of the Emperor, a former senator in the Republican senate, and his apprentice Darth Vader twists a soft and decadent Republic into an Empire and then attempts to crush dissent throughout the galaxy by vaporizing planets with the Death Star. The objective of Princess Leia and company is simply to restore what was lost -- not create a new political destiny. This is the exact same argument that many conservatives in America use right now when they speak of "restoring America" from the influences of a liberal press, liberal media, liberal academia, et al.

It isn't just the political situation in Star Wars. It is how human nature is portrayed, and this is where it really differentiates itself from Star Trek. Yes, both stories involve high technology that borders on the fantastic, but in Star Wars this technology hasn't settled the questions of the basic human condition: what is good and what is evil? How does power corrupt? Is there redemption for sin?

In the universe of Star Wars, there is still greed and the potential for betrayal. Han Solo is a perfect example of the former, and Lando Calrissian an example of the latter. There are still jealousies. Most importantly, there is still the human capacity to choose to do evil and the capacity to choose to do good. The whole concept of the Force is somewhat analogous to Zen Buddhism in that there is no creator god, but there is a mystical presence that governs the lives of humans (although, as far as I know, Zen doesn't encompass clairvoyance or telekinesis. Kinda cool if it did though!).

In the most important scene of the trilogy, Luke Skywalker must redeem the father, Darth Vader, who has fallen from grace, by choosing to not indulge in the temptation to do evil and "give in to the Dark Side." If this story didn't have lightsabers, hyperspace or Ewoks, it wouldn't be particularly out of place in ancient mythology -- which is exactly the kind of world that George Lucas was attempting to create.

Conservative thought is founded on the idea that man is a fallen creature, and while he, and human society for that matter, cannot be perfected, he can be redeemed from choosing to do evil and choosing to do good. From the redemption of major characters like Darth Vader to relatively minor ones like Solo and Calrissian, this is the leitmotiv of Star Wars.

In stark contrast, Star Trek is a world where practically all the problems of the world are solved by technology and advanced human "progress." There is no money in the universe of Star Trek and, presumably, no greed, either. Evidently, the United Federation of Planets has found a way to defeat scarcity as well as more base human problems. There is no real evil to be found in Star Trek -- we even come to feel something for the Klingons that resembles pity.

There is surely no such thing as sin, as that would be far too archaic and not a good fit for this future society that has somehow magically solved all the problems on the Earth and now sends emissaries across space to solve the problems of other planets. There is no religion in the world of Star Trek, and it is not out of bounds to presume that the crew of the Enterprise does not worship anything other than their own abilities and scientific progress -- much like the modern left across the world.

The scientific progress in Star Trek never creates a negative unintended consequence, nor are noble sentiments about traveling throughout space to seek out new worlds perverted into missions of conquest or corruption. In an episode of Star Trek, it is not unthinkable to see a panel of some interplanetary commission on the Rights of All Space Creatures or some other rot that would be right at home at some UN council meeting.

Star Trek represents the kind of world that we might have if not only our science progresses, but our moral development as well. The only trouble is that in every single instance of an imposed "moral development," the total opposite of progress happens.

Examples abound from the French Revolution, which tried to re-create French society and eventually waged war against Christianity, to the Bolshevik revolution of Russia, which tried to rewrite the laws of economics, to North Korea, which actually has done away with money and greed and has plenty of dead and starving children to show for it.

The world of Star Trek is the world of the fantasist who believes that everything that is ugly in society, from racism to greed, can be erased through enough education, science or sheer will power to make things better. In other words, it is the world of the modern liberal.

Star Trek is a nice but totally absurd fantasy that will never be. For better or worse, our future will look a lot more like Star Wars. Jar Jar Binks is a commie. And i agree with what you said Star Wars is definitely more realistic.Nice post man you know your politics.Are you interested in that as a career?

EsteemedLeader
Originally posted by black robb
Jar Jar Binks is a commie. And i agree with what you said Star Wars is definitely more realistic.Nice post man you know your politics.Are you interested in that as a career?

I hope he does, then maybe government will work like it should.

EsteemedLeader
So, it appears that Spelljammer has taken the initiative, and killed Hillary's chance at being president.

And thanks for that.yes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.