When Palps says "Rise"........

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kalsemo
I love the scene when Palps says "Rise"... I love his voice, the way he says it, and what it symbolizes....

.....but just a few questions, if anyone knows. How come it was put in the middle of the movie and not at the end when Vader actually rises from the table? In the trailers I think they have Palps sayng it to Vader at the operating table... Was it originally supposed to be that way and for some reason they changed it to mid-movie?

So what so ya'll think? Was the "Rise" bit ok where it was in the movie or should they have put it towards the end with Darth on the table as implied in the trailer?

Either way, I think the way Palps said "Rise" is awsome. Happy Dance It is probably my favorite one-word line in the whole saga!!!

ArthasKnight
I think he was signaling the beginning of the existence of Darth Vader, and as Lord Vader was created before the mechanical suit I believe that the line is in the correct place. Trailers often have lines moved around and such, so I wouldn't judge based on the trailer.

kalsemo
Originally posted by ArthasKnight
I think he was signaling the beginning of the existence of Darth Vader, and as Lord Vader was created before the mechanical suit I believe that the line is in the correct place.

Makes sense! stick out tongue

SpikeSpiegel
Yeah, like in the Bourne Supremecy in the trailer they say "Where is he?" and he responds "Right next to you", looking up over his sniper rifle. But in the film he says that in responce to finding that girl.

Ushgarak
Yes, this is simply an example of the artisitic shifting of stuff around in trailers for better effect. The line was never going to be there.

Lord J
the way he says it makes me shiver messed still good though i agree when he says it

it sounds cool but then i agree with ArthasKnight as it was said at the beginning of Vader

Lord J
http://www.dockingbay101.com/sounds/pal/ep3/_rise.wav here you go now you can listen to it when you want lol stick out tongue

chinabing
Listen to the Star Wars Mpire trailer on http://us.mms.com/us/mpire/

It's hysterical the way the M&Ms Mperor says "Rise!"

darthvader_fan
Emperor is still cool but Darth Vader is even better

Lord J
yeah but darthvader fan would say that stick out tongue

darthvader_fan
yup DARTH VADER IS A PIMP pimp

Lord J
Originally posted by chinabing
It's hysterical the way the M&Ms Mperor says "Rise!" laughing

kalsemo
I listened to that trailer, you are right, it is hysterical, the way he says RIIIISE!!

hysterical

Lord J
kalsemo!

Lord J
RISE!!!!!!!!

kalsemo
Originally posted by Lord J
kalsemo!

tee hee hee hee hee!!!!!!!

You are too funny!!

Lord J
I said

RISE!!!!!!!!

kalsemo
Originally posted by Lord J
I said

RISE!!!!!!!!

laughing laughing

jedi-kev
wow, what a funny line "Rise"

Also "yes, master", "bye anakin" are also personal favorites

masterkit
kalsemo he SED RISE!!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.