Thor vs Doomsday

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

HigH ScholaR
Thor vs Doomsday

who wins

hmmmmmm i seem to remember flying doomsday boots in the jla/avengers crossover by thor himeslf the in the next panel/page he up aginast the ultra humanite, amazo and another guy.

BobbyD
Thor has too much versatility to lose to Doomsday (once). After that, well......

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by BobbyD
Thor has too much versatility to lose to Doomsday (once). After that, well......

But that's the case in every fight against DD. You beat him once, and then you get stomped.

HigH ScholaR
dd has 2 lives only

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by HigH ScholaR
dd has 2 lives only

Then it's fifty-fifty. Thor 1, Doomsday 1

Unless Thor is allowed to banish DD, or transmute him.

HigH ScholaR
no banishment

Cosmic Cube
no banishment

sad

Transmutation?

HigH ScholaR
hmmmmmmmmmm

NO as dd only has two lives and as Thor only used it majorly once to Absorbing man

armandovalles
Thor wins. The first time he'll just beat him down with Mjolnir and the second time he'l just stay airborne and keep hitting him with lightning, or he could just use the godforce.

Cosmic Cube
hmmmmmmmmmm

NO as dd only has two lives and as Thor only used it majorly once to Absorbing man

Meanie. Classic Thor was a beast wasn't he? The guy could friggin stop time, turn you into a hambutrger, and eat you.

jgiant
Thor is a dumbass and will probably think he could take dd h2h and that will be his last mistake, dd will take him out in one life...but if thor plays it smart he'll beat him the first time by using all his power, than it will be usless the second time any way you put it dd wins...

Jargon343
Which Doomsday? The current version of Doomsday would be Hunter/Prey Doomsday, imo, and Thor would get stomped by him I think. Although, I don't think it's ever been established whether Doomsday is vulnerable to magic or not.

HigH ScholaR
hunter/prey

Smaxxer
Thor is not dumb ! He can be cunning when he wants to, and is not known for making mistakes on the battlefield. He IS a warrior god after all.

But I wouldn't be surprised if he lost to DD. Let's get real : anybody who can kick the living crap out of Superman, has more than a good chance doing the same with Thor.

It's not like Thor is miles above Superman.

DrDoom101
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Then it's fifty-fifty. Thor 1, Doomsday 1

Unless Thor is allowed to banish DD, or transmute him.

agreed. Thor 1, DD 1

jgiant
Thor got his ass surved by sups in three to four pages and then sups said he might be the single toughest oppenent he ever faced...that has to be the biggest bs line i ever herd...it was just said to give thor fans a little recognition, just want to mention that crossover sucked...dd still wins...

Jargon343
Unless Thor managed to break half the bones in Supermans body and smear him across the ground with one hand, then he has nothing on Hunter/Prey Doomsday. Banishment is the only option...hell that's even the only way Superman could beat him.

leonidas
yep. as always, it comes down to which version of dd. hunter/prey and above beats thor. thor handles the others. i actually think he kills dos dd without as much trouble as supes had. be interesting to see if dd could adapt to mjollnir and magic like he seems to be able to do with other powers.

Superherovandal
he wouldn't be able to defeat Gog Wars Doomsday either that one was killing thousands of Gogs without a sweat.

HigH ScholaR
i think thor may be able to take both of dd lives even if it will be hard it's possible for him

superman302
like everyone in here has said is its hunter prey doomsday or gog doomsday thor is going to lose.

HigH ScholaR
hmmmm i'm not so sure

Thor has the power of weather and not to forget the godforce blast whcih once he did to thanos who is better then dd in every single way and sent him flying

Cosmic Cube
Thor will win the first battle. After that, he loses.

Juntai
If it's hunter prey doomsday he takes out Thor with ease, no question. Staying Airborn wont help, why do people think this? He evolved midbattle against Superman and shot his knuckles and stabbed them into Superman and reeled him down the ground. Shit, he took on Waverider whos like an amped up Surfer, Superman, Darkseid and others in that comic. If you think Thor could do the same you're off your rocker.

Cosmic Cube
If it's Classic JIM Thor, he'll stop time and transform Doomsday into playdough.

If you want to use the most powerful Doomsday, use the most powerful Thor.

HigH ScholaR
but the most powerful form of thor is rune king thor

the most powerful version of doomsday = ???????///

Cosmic Cube
but the most powerful form of thor is rune king thor

the most powerful version of doomsday = ???????///

Never saw RKT do the things Classic Thor did in his early days...

Probably Gog Wars Doomsday.

kgkg
to be or not to be?

HigH ScholaR
in that case rune king thor will seriously beat down Gog war doomsday i shall post scans of what he did to mongog- maybe

Fanboy
Originally posted by Superherovandal
he wouldn't be able to defeat Gog Wars Doomsday either that one was killing thousands of Gogs without a sweat.

Yeah I think this version of Doomsday is way more cooler and stronger not only that but it is cooler and stronger. Oh yeah and he could totally beat Hulk and Juggernaut at the same time with no problem and once at the same time. Yeah yeah. I had to much sugar at work.

Wynndar
Thor, Hulk, and Juggernaut all break the tiny 600lb Doomsday over their knee.

Superherovandal
Not Gog War's Doomsday. You ever hear of Gog? The dude with the power of all the Quintessence? Doomsday beats thousands of him. 1 Gog would slap Thor, Silver Surfer, Hulk, and Juggernaut at the same time with no effort.

jgiant
Originally posted by Wynndar
Thor, Hulk, and Juggernaut all break the tiny 600lb Doomsday over their knee.
Thor and Juggs would get snapped in half by any doomsday...

joesha28
Originally posted by Superherovandal
Not Gog War's Doomsday. You ever hear of Gog? The dude with the power of all the Quintessence? Doomsday beats thousands of him. 1 Gog would slap Thor, Silver Surfer, Hulk, and Juggernaut at the same time with no effort.

The Hunter of Supermen......Impressive but could be taken out individually by anyone of them stated.

joesha28
Thor 1- Doomsday 1

Unless Thor comes out with something in round 2. But a 80% possibility DD will win round 2

jinzin
how does thor win the first round again? huh

joesha28
With great courage, keep to the Offensive and knock the light out of DD With hits and blast.

ImmortalOne
Mjolnir.......... thats how !!!

jinzin
hits nor blasts are going to work in favor of the thunder god here.....

and I don't think courage assures him victory either... doesn't seem to work for anybody else... confused

jinzin
Originally posted by ImmortalOne
Mjolnir.......... thats how !!!

the same weapon that's failed to put down hulk on a number of occasions? mind you hulks not even impervious to energy blasts like dd is.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

great argument though..... pfffft...

kgkg
Originally posted by jinzin
the same weapon that's failed to put down hulk on a number of occasions? mind you hulks not even impervious to energy blasts like dd is.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Thor never used his best attacks

here simple attacks made the Hulk scared.

ImmortalOne
pffftt ??

joesha28

Hulk-Thor fight was always of physical strength Thor kept it that way. There were numerous occasions Thor could have killed Hulk.

Adam Warlock
how does thor win the first round again? huh

Like this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/thormangog.jpg

One death equals a win.

joesha28
Likewise Thor all out will be Doomsday for Doomsday. In the end a bloodied Thor will emerged Victorious.

joesha28
Thor godforce power scale could easily be way above the pic Adam Warlock posted. It reingnited a dying sun galaxies away. It blasted celestial, galactus. The godforce is not from Mjolnir but from Thor body. Ppl get this wrong. Thor could use godforce from his body w/o mjolnir, like he did that to Durok the destroyer. Mjolnir is used to direct godforce into a straight ray. godforce in Thor is so powerful that sometimes mjolnir itself could not take the power that it will be destroyed.

ImmortalOne
yeah, but its DOOMSDAY !!

joesha28
So?

jinzin
Originally posted by kgkg

good thing that's one battle thor wasn't about to get ass raped in..

too bad he's nearly been bludgened to death by hulk...on several occasions.. and was even KOed by professor hulk.... big whoop.

jinzin
Originally posted by joesha28
Hulk-Thor fight was always of physical strength Thor kept it that way. There were numerous occasions Thor could have killed Hulk.

and yet he hasn't been able to.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

dvampire
Originally posted by kgkg

http://img387.imageshack.us/img387/3812/avengers005245ca.jpg

Here's Thor KOed. big grin

jinzin
So?

so? doomsdays takes planet busting shots.. survives worldwide explosions.. laughs off omega beams... sneers at thousands of superman-level gogs... laughs off an explosion with the force of 1 million nuclear bombs going off.... literally sends thousands of GLs drifting bloody and broken into space... and has regenerated from being blasted into primortial ooz.... thor has consistantly had problems dealing with hulk....

dd>>>>>>>>hulk...

which doesn't bode well for thor...

jinzin
Originally posted by dvampire

guaranteed this "doesn't count" in his eyes...

dvampire
guaranteed this "doesn't count" in his eyes...

It never does. sad sick stick out tongue

Jargon343
Thor would have a hard time with Gog.

Gog doesn't fair so well against Doomsday...

jinzin
nor do thousands of em...

joesha28
and yet he hasn't been able to.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

he did not want to thanks to Hulk alter -ego banner cool

joesha28
Originally posted by dvampire

That was not the real Thor. Eventually The real Thor would face this Hulk.

jinzin
i think someone's forgeting the time hulk nearly bludgened thor to death with a statue.. even thor realized he was about 10 seconds from being dead..

joesha28
I only remember that was a admantium statue of the Hulk, Hulk used it.....Thor said that it was fit to kill him.....the next min....Hulk was flying wink

jinzin
selective memory must be nice... okay i can play this game too.. thor couldn't even put down much less TOUCH puma... how is he gonna hit a sentient doomsday moving at flash like speeds?

Adam Warlock
If it works on Galactus:

http://www.comicboards.com/thor/view.php?trd=030215092355&q=Scans

It will work on DD.

joesha28
If Thor can "catch" Gladiator's movement (glad way faster than flash mind you). Thor could to against Doomsday.

Adam Warlock
Here this shot will set up the I'll stuff the Mjolnir down your throat and summon a god blast technique:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/Thor161-15.jpg

Jargon343
If Thor can "catch" Gladiator's movement (glad way faster than flash mind you). Thor could to against Doomsday.

How can Gladiator be faster than flash when Flash is already moving around light speed? That makes no sense.

joesha28
Which means Glad can move faster than light.

Jargon343
which is impossible

edit: even most comicbooks set it as a rule that it is impossible

jinzin
Originally posted by Jargon343
How can Gladiator be faster than flash when Flash is already moving around light speed? That makes no sense.
laughing out loud does it have to? whatever it takes for thor to win.... wink

joesha28
Originally posted by Adam Warlock
Here this shot will set up the I'll stuff the Mjolnir down your throat and summon a god blast technique:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/Thor161-15.jpg

well you see, they might say the DD is above Galactus. laughing laughing

joesha28
laughing out loud does it have to? whatever it takes for thor to win.... wink

Just like how it takes Wolverine to win huh?

jinzin
do you hear yourself? you're saying thor is above galactus.... What the f**k?

jinzin
Just like how it takes Wolverine to win huh?

oh you want to bring wolvie into this?..... wolverine's nearly cut off king thors hand.... imagine what dd would do to the guy.... laughing out loud

wolverine was able to tag puma while drugged...

thor didn't manage to hit squat...

joesha28
How could i hear myself when i did not even say a word about that?!

jinzin
How could i hear myself when i did not even say a word about that?!

it's a figure of speech... roll eyes (sarcastic)

but you're right I gave you too much benefit of the doubt to figure that out on your own... my bad....

Adam Warlock
do you hear yourself? you're saying thor is above galactus.... What the f**k?

Did I say Thor was above Galactus? What the f**k?

joesha28
oh you want to bring wolvie into this?..... wolverine's nearly cut off king thors hand.... imagine what dd would do to the guy.... laughing out loud

Scratch and than got killed yes. So what if he can't tag. He could kill if he wanted too. Playing tag are for kiddies.

jinzin
Did I say Thor was above Galactus? What the f**k?

wait where's the jump in logic there? if it will work on galactus right? I mean that is what you said...

joesha28
it's a figure of speech... roll eyes (sarcastic)

but you're right I gave you too much benefit of the doubt to figure that out on your own... my bad....

Yeah from a guy who say Wolvie could take Hulk while Thor can't.

jinzin
Scratch and than got killed yes. So what if he can't tag. He could kill if he wanted too. Playing tag are for kiddies.

he did want to... he couldn't even touch the guy... and wolverine slashed him up pretty good... dd>>>>>>>>>>>>insert infinate amount here>>>>>> wolverine.

Jargon343

Marvel often make matches that make no sense. In the DC universe it's generally easier to gauge a hero's abilities because the writers aren't constently writing silly vs. matches. They don't try to make Batman take on Doomsday and pretend that Batman could use a special batarang to cut off DDs head. Whereas Marvel has Wolverine taking on Thanos and slicing his armor up...Marvel is all over the place when it comes to power levels because they want to pit their popular heros agianst very powerful villains but they don't want the heroes to lose. Having their cake and eating it too I guess.

joesha28
wait where's the jump in logic there? if it will work on galactus right? I mean that is what you said...

It means the height the power of Thor could reach. DD won't stand a chance against such power. Afterall he died in a brawl against Superman.

Adam Warlock
Batman was taking down a whole bunch of DD's with an Axe.

Jargon343
It means the height the power of Thor could reach. DD won't stand a chance against such power. Afterall he died in a brawl against Superman.

which was about three deaths ago by last count...

jinzin
i'm just making a point... don't bring wolvie into a debate he doesn't have anything to do with... since he's probably handed (insert heroe's name here) their ass at one point or another anyways... big grin

jinzin
Batman was taking down a whole bunch of DD's with an Axe.

those are animates.... not the real thing... not even close.... their barely at wonder woman level..... and that's probably reaching...

jinzin

what jargon said....

joesha28
DD had deathcount that goes way before krypton civilasation and getting killed in a brawl?! laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing laughing

joesha28
Thor took blows (he completely held back) from Destroyer that is animated by the designate and was standing till the very last part. Who is DD compared to Destroyer.

Jargon343
DD only had one death after his original evolution before he met Superman.

And it's not like beating Superman to death is something that's to be taken lightly. But still, you're arguing a mute point...it doesn't matter what Superman did to Doomsday then because Doomsday is thousands of times stronger than that now. You're just avoiding the issue.

jinzin
do you even understand what dd's about? he evolves after every battle... bringing up that superman beat him once means absoultely NOTHING since superman can't do it again... period... with enhancements... with a weapon... with help... with whatever... he loses every time.. so what was your point? What the f**k? whatever it was, it certainly wasn't a a good one....

jinzin
Originally posted by Jargon343
DD only had one death after his original evolution before he met Superman.

And it's not like beating Superman to death is something that's to be taken lightly. But still, you're arguing a mute point...it doesn't matter what Superman did to Doomsday then because Doomsday is thousands of times stronger than that now. You're just avoiding the issue.

zactly...

joesha28
Yes i understand that is way i'm giving and 1-1 in a 2 round fight.

HigH ScholaR
remember DD has 2 LIVES

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.