Whose powers would you rather have? Thor's? Or Superman's?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sentry
Compare for yourself. Who's powers you'd rather have:

Thor's:

http://www.comicboards.com/thor/view.php?trd=040224214306&q=oliv

or

Superman's:

http://www.starnet-database.com/dbase_deo/profiles/superman/superman.html

Debate.

armandovalles
I'd rather have Superman's powers, but if i had to choose who i'd rather be i'd be Thor because of his experience, fighting skills, royalty, pride, accent, etc.

Susan-Storm
Super Man.

Adam Warlock
Did you guys even read the links?

BobbyD
Supes'...only because his heart is "divinish".

Draco69
Superman's. There just more practicality in his powers.

DrDoom101
superman. the only thing sweet about thor is hiws mjolnir and thats not his power.

roughrider
Thor. How could you say no to wielding mjolnir?
Absorb and redirect virtually any energy, indestructable head to hammer with, fly, jump dimensions, call down the elements - plus add super-strength, warrior skills, and a super-manly armoured appearence...oh yes.

Adam Warlock
I'd rather be a god, than just a man.

Draco69
Sure. But that's only useful if gods, demons, and other evil beings are in your way. Which won't happen in the real world.

IN THE REAL WORLD, Superman's powers are simply more effective and practical to use. X-ray vision, anyone? big grin

Thor's powers are kinda useless for the most part in the real world.

roughrider
Well...it's all imaginary really, isn't it?

Draco69
The question asks: Who's powers would you rather have? That means you would suddenly get that person's powers and use them in YOUR life. Thor's powers are for the most part damn useless. Superman's on the other hand has literally millions upon millions of different applications.

Adam Warlock
Originally posted by Draco69
Sure. But that's only useful if gods, demons, and other evil beings are in your way. Which won't happen in the real world.

IN THE REAL WORLD, Superman's powers are simply more effective and practical to use. X-ray vision, anyone? big grin

Practical? Whoever had Thor's power in the real world will be practically god himself. Transmuting elements, making tropical storms or hurricanes cease by sheer thought. End all of earth's wars, and watch via the Mjolnir(like closed circuit TV) whatever he wants to. X-ray vision? Bah!!! X-ray can't see through lead or very dense objects. With the Mjolnir you could look into anyone's house/building via closed circuit TV being anywhere near a shower or locker room.

Draco69
Originally posted by Adam Warlock
Practical? Whoever had Thor's power in the real world will be practically god himself.

So would anyone who has Superman's powers...

Transmuting elements, making tropical storms or hurricanes cease by sheer thought. End all of earth's wars, and watch via the Mjolnir(like closed circuit TV) whatever he wants to. X-ray vision? Bah!!! X-ray can't see through lead or very dense objects. With the Mjolnir you could look into anyone's house/building via closed circuit TV being anywhere near a shower or locker room.

Everything you mentioned, Superman can do the same. With a different technique, is all.

And you guys also forgot Super-intelligence. That would make anyone with Superman's powers a damn genius.

Thor can't cure cancer or AIDS.
Thor can't create god-like technology.
Thor can't improve the world economy.

Superman's powers are simply more conventional to use in the real world.

HigH ScholaR
i thought it was about powers not mind

HigH ScholaR
thor's powers also have the power to improve the world on an agricultural level

Draco69
Superman's powers include the mind.

HigH ScholaR
what

wait superman's intellect is fueled by solar energy, so if he tok a sun dip would he omniscient

i'm just confused

Adam Warlock
So Thor with knowledge of the Runes puts him on an omnipotent level type of intellect. Thor is practically all knowing now.

Draco69
Originally posted by HigH ScholaR
thor's powers also have the power to improve the world on an agricultural level

At a very BASE level by making rainstorms. That's it.

Superman's powers have enabled him to create 14 new energy sources.

C'mon people THINK. Think about what you do with your daily lives.

Forgot what the chemical equation for cyanide is? Use your telescopic vision to find cyanide than use your microscopic vision to figure out the answer.

Wanna learn a new language? No prob. With Superman's powers, you can learn a new language in seconds.

Draco69
So Thor with knowledge of the Runes puts him on an omnipotent level type of intellect. Thor is practically all knowing now.

And DEAD. Please. Stop using Rune/King/whatever the hell he was, to boost your character. Thor is Thor.

And people. Thor has lost ALOT of his powers since the Silver Age. Like more than half.

willRules
we must consider the really important stuff. Superman with all his cool powers has to watch out for that kryptonite, which everyone and their mother can get hold of these days....and theres always the fear they will be a bad guy who aint bothered bout takin it and shoving it right up your......anyway....
Thor is a more obvious choice why? Is it because of all those cool mystical powers? heck no!! If you get Thor's powers, you get to talk with a really funny accent!!
However the fun will wear off.....

Khellendros
I'm going with Thor's powers, minus his personality but either with his experience using that power or time to train myself. No real world changing reasons for it though. I like the rain, I dig warhammers and I like the idea of no overt exploitable weaknesses (yes, Draco, I'm aware the real world doesn't have Kryptonite, but still).

EDIT: First thing I'm doing is establishing my own sovereign nation, though. I'll be damned if I'm going to have some stupid government yelling at me because I'm not obeying their laws. I think a nice show of power like tossing the worlds nuclear arsenal into some lifeless other dimension would be a sufficiently impressive show of power to mkae the world grant me sovereignty.

Mindship
IMHO, this thread seems set-up from the start to showcase the "superiority" of Thor--and I gotta admit, according to that link, he's very, very, very impressive, if not a step away from being "all-powerful" (I wonder why Marvel went in this direction). And I certainly would Not agree that Thor's powers are impractical. It's just that, well, my thoughts are as follows...

Thor seems so powerful that there would be little challenge left for me in life, thus life would get boring. I mean, why not just ask "Wouldn't you want to be all-powerful?" What makes life interesting is Mystery: not always knowing, realizing that there is still something bigger than I am, despite my new-found godly abilities. If I am nigh omnipotent, what is left to strive for?

Superman seems to allow for a more fulfilling balance between being able to do and still having challenges.

And speaking of having challenge and potential yet to fill, didnt DC run something having to do with the Sword of Superman, and that he is destined to be the protector not just of Earth, but of the whole blinkin' Universe? Now That's what I call a challenge!

Also--and I can't help it, I admit to this bias and apologize--Superman has something that Thor will likely never have: real-world power, the power of being an inspiring icon known throughout the world. As I wrote once before, Supes transcends the superhero genre: he is the modern incarnation of all that is Good and Noble in each and every one of us. If I were to gain superpowers (anyone's powers), I would hope more than anything that I could offer that kind of inspiration.

My only regret: Lord O'mighty, cant we do something about that costume of his? At the least, nix the red swimming trunks!

willRules
Originally posted by Mindship
Superman seems to allow for a more fulfilling balance between being able to do and still having challenges.

Yeah but dude, thor gets to talk funny!!

Mindship
Originally posted by willRules
Yeah but dude, thor gets to talk funny!!

Aye, Lad. 'Tis true

Khellendros
Originally posted by Mindship
My only regret: Lord O'mighty, cant we do something about that costume of his? At the least, nix the red swimming trunks!
laughing laughing laughing
Damn right. Same with Thor. I'll take the hammer and the power, but I'm keeping by friggin jeans.

Ultimate Ion
Thor and Superman can have a contest to see who has the worst costume. Seriously, they both look ridiculous.

As for this thread, I'd go with Superman.

HigH ScholaR
i haven't chosen whose powers yet just posting

but thor's seem to benfit more

interdimensional travel- with that a chance to populate on different dimensions/planets, those dimensions/planets can contain vital resources/things that we may need or allies.

Transmution of elemenents in a way it's kinda like using x ray vison to examine things.

knowledge of ages past

superman - strength,speed, x ray vision, ice breath, great intellect.

Ok thor has strength and speed infact portal travel powers, ice breath no has better than that i.e his weather control powers, the only thing that i think can combat x ray vision is transmutation of elements now being a genius i'm happy the way i am and thor copes fine and he's not a genius.

roughrider
How is Superman supposed to become the protector of the universe? When he gets outside a system with yellow sun radiation, his powers fade away. Wherever Thor is, he's STILL THOR. His power is not dependent on staying in one system.
And I like Thor's basic look, though it could be tweaked. I like the King Thor helmet - makes me think of Gondorian armour.

roughrider
Also--and I can't help it, I admit to this bias and apologize--Superman has something that Thor will likely never have: real-world power, the power of being an inspiring icon known throughout the world. As I wrote once before, Supes transcends the superhero genre: he is the modern incarnation of all that is Good and Noble in each and every one of us. If I were to gain superpowers (anyone's powers), I would hope more than anything that I could offer that kind of inspiration.

I...I...You inspire me everytime you post this idea about Superman.

Pictures say so much more than words, though.
big grin

HigH ScholaR
Originally posted by roughrider

I...I...You inspire me everytime you post this idea about Superman.

Pictures say so much more than words, though.
big grin

he does? i know he's well known but...............

Adam Warlock
And DEAD. Please. Stop using Rune/King/whatever the hell he was, to boost your character. Thor is Thor.

And people. Thor has lost ALOT of his powers since the Silver Age. Like more than half.

Thor isn't dead. Did you read the Ragnarok saga? He went to sleep. The sleep of the Gods. In time he will awaken.

Lost a lot of power? No, he just hasn't used them as much. smile

8bitChris
I'd rather be Thor to tell you the truth. I'd just love having the royal treatment in Asgard. Both are Immortal and Superstrong and fast so that'll do it for me.

Asgard ladies had better watch out.

joesha28
Most guys will want Superman's powers just for the X-ray vision rock

roughrider
Originally posted by joesha28
Most guys will want Superman's powers just for the X-ray vision rock

Supes has the X-Ray vision, then does nothing with it because he's such a boy scout. Booorrrriinngg.
I believe Thor is also a fertility God, yes? He's got the mission to plant his seed everywhere, and lots of women would like that, heh heh...
Now it's Thursday here. Thursday is named for Thor. Supes can't top that!

8bitChris
I'm pretty sure Thor and Superman don't need X-ray vision to see any chick they wanted naked.

Thor still has the advantage!

joesha28
Yeah but supes could do it fast!!!!

joesha28
But Thor got the facilities!!!

Draco69
Thor isn't dead. Did you read the Ragnarok saga? He went to sleep. The sleep of the Gods. In time he will awaken.

In other words, DEAD. He's not certainly ain't walking around much.

Lost a lot of power? No, he just hasn't used them as much. smile

Actually he lost many powers. Like control over magnetism. Time control. Many other things as well.

And this sentence is incredibly ironic when I think of the times I've brought up Green Lantern...

pr1983
Superman... just would suit me better... erm

8bitChris
I don't think Superman suits anyone who posts on internet comic forums. smile

pr1983
Originally posted by 8bitChris
I don't think Superman suits anyone who posts on internet comic forums. smile

How so? confused

Swanky-Tuna
Not if you use his powers to destroy the world and remake it so your powers ARE useful.

yahman
So would anyone who has Superman's powers...

Everything you mentioned, Superman can do the same. With a different technique, is all.

And you guys also forgot Super-intelligence. That would make anyone with Superman's powers a damn genius.

Thor can't cure cancer or AIDS.
Thor can't create god-like technology.
Thor can't improve the world economy.

Superman's powers are simply more conventional to use in the real world.

It didn't stop him from trying though shifty , and look where that got him.

Superman can not cure Aids. Only cooperation on international scale can cure aids.

I also think you have a better chance of survival as Superman. Anyone who has read Supreme power will know that humans aren't too keen on the idea of people with immense power. If the U.S decided they needed to kill you, i think you would have a better chance as Superman. Could Thor realy survive a mass nuclear attack ? I mean he has been pierced with bullets, and Wolverine sliced his arm off with his claws. Im not debating that he could survive a single nuclear attack, but a mass one ?

Swanky-Tuna
Absorb the attack into your hammer.

xmarksthespot
Which power set would I rather have? Probably Thor's. I just see more applications for them.

K3VIL

Thor is somewhere hidden.
He sayed he'll rest for a few after stopping the Ragnarok circle.

Bardock42
Supermans powers...they just seem nicer.....

Adam Warlock
Bump

grey fox
Thor tops it in Monatary gain. Sure as supes you could rob any bank with relative ease , but why waste time and effort when you could turn your friggen sofa into gold ?

Rols
I like Thors but i really dont feel like carrying a hammer all the time, how about changing it to say, a cool looking glove or say a surf board and coat yourself in Silver roll eyes (sarcastic), or a sword..

H. S. 6
Pre-Crisis Supes ftw. shifty

bigbran
with thor, you can always turn back into a human...

Spideys Sister
Neither... they both suck...no expression

laughing out loud j/k THOR! Superman is too played out. He is now the official cliche of superheros. OFFICIAL.

Grimm22
Hmm erm

Well Thor needs his hammer to fly..

Although its an awesome hammer and he has that cool hat

But Supes has heat vision and what not

Accel
Thor has more versatility, but it would be inconvenient to carry a hammer every where. If I could find a way to somehow gain all powers from the hammer without actually having to carry it around, I'd say Thor.

Spideys Sister
Originally posted by Grimm22
Hmm erm

Well Thor needs his hammer to fly..

Although its an awesome hammer and he has that cool hat

But Supes has heat vision and what not Then theres the guys fave.... Xray vision. laughing out loud Perverts. laughing out loud

newjak86
Both Thor and Supes would be cool to have. I mean both have immense power I think Thor has ore raw power than Supes but Supes is close.

The only reason I'm going with Supes though is so I would be able to say" Up, Up, and Away"

Rols
hehehe, I like your sig man.

Edward Nygma
Do Thor's powers come with the enchanted goats?

Dinkus Mayhem
I don't really like Superman that much personally, but to be honest I think I would rather have his powers.

They just seem more diverse, and from my understanding Thor dosn't have the intelligence or thinking speed of a kryptonian mind, so the genius aspect would be my deciding factor.

aton_ra
Id rather have Superman's power, because Supes is slightly stronger, faster and doesn't need a hammer to fly.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.