Can the Silver Surfer beat Superman?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Adam Warlock
The consensus on the VS forum thinks so. I'd like to hear what people think about it in this forum.

Debate.

brainchild81
It's almost as if Surfer was made to kill Superman. Surfer'd put him down without much effort.

Cosmic Cube
Many a Superman fan may deny it, but Surfer beats Supes at least 9/10.

Madguitarist
Silver Surfer would take out Superman pretty quick, he's to powerful and fast for Clark.

roughrider
This was a big thread on the Versus forum; the general consensus was that Surfer would win, and for good reason. Even putting aside his incredible speed, invunerability, strength, and energy projection with the Power Cosmic, Surfer can simply suck the sunlight energy from Superman's body, depowering him - just like he absorbed all the gamma radiation from the Hulk, turning him into Bruce Banner.
All Superman's power is negated by the abilities of The Silver Surfer. Too bad, because putting that aside, it would have been a good fight.

SnakeEyes
I'm leanin towards Silver Surfer (similar to everyone above), but I think it'd be one hell of a fight. You guys are kinda underestimating Superman here.

Jargon343
Silver Surfer can suck energy out of people? Then how come all his comics aren't two pages long? He meets a bad guy, sucks his energy out, declares victory and surfs away...

I'm not trying to bait anyone but how do you get a decent fight when the guy is so powerful?

roughrider
That's why he only fights the BIG cosmic game out there. It's because the source of power for people like Superman and the Hulk is scientific, that he can take the energy away. He couldn't, I believe, suck mystic energy from Thor or Dr. Strange, or steal powers. People like Gladiator or Shazam would be tougher opponents.
As far as comics length, same reason why every Flash comic is not just one page - people want the fights apparently.

Mindship
Sucking out power is not the only way SS can beat S. The most obvious way would be to fire kryptonite radiation at him. But the simplest way would be just to bathe Supes in the light of a red sun and after that, well, it's not even a contest in the most distant sense of the term.

WindDancer
Superman would smash his surfboard and punch him to the next galaxy. Silver Surfer maybe big in the Marvel Universe, but in the DC universe he's toast.

HigH ScholaR
Originally posted by Jargon343
Silver Surfer can suck energy out of people? Then how come all his comics aren't two pages long? He meets a bad guy, sucks his energy out, declares victory and surfs away...

I'm not trying to bait anyone but how do you get a decent fight when the guy is so powerful?

he'a done it to hulk

anyway Silver surfer takes this, reasons stated above plus the fact he can reaarange molecules and he can even black out the earth no sunlight getting through.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by WindDancer
Superman would smash his surfboard and punch him to the next galaxy. Silver Surfer maybe big in the Marvel Universe, but in the DC universe he's toast. Surfer would re-make his board, return within a fraction of a second, and hammer Supes with red sunlight blasts. Seriously. Surfer would own Supes. He's way too versatile and way too fast.

Jargon343
Originally posted by HigH ScholaR
he'a done it to hulk

I know that.

olympian
Where is the "hell yes" option?

-clicks-

Adam Warlock
Originally posted by olympian
Where is the "hell yes" option?

-clicks-

My bad.. I forgot to put it in. sad

Easily could mean hell yes...

KPrince
Superman would smash his surfboard and punch him to the next galaxy. Silver Surfer maybe big in the Marvel Universe, but in the DC universe he's toast.

Actually, the Silver Surfer's body is virtually indestructible, his surfboard is covered with the same substance his body is, thus the board is virtually indestructible as well.

yahman
Superman looses as many times as Thor has !!!!!!!!!!! wink

ZephroCarnelian
Current Supes wouldn't really be able to do this.

Not if Surfer can suck sunlight energy right out of him...

Dear me... I hate debating post-crisis Supes. It's bloomin' degrading to Supes lol! sad

brainchild81
I love it. Pre-Crises Supes is dead for a reason. He was absolutely ridiculous and more boring than watching paint dry.

Mindship
Superman, even post-crisis, is a powerhouse against those unable to utilize any of his weaknesses. Silver Surfer is far too versatile an opponent to fall into that category. He can...
1. Siphon solar energy
2. Fire K radiation
3. Radiate red sunlight.

Toe-to-toe dookin' it out, I'd give to Supes. But that's not SS's style. He's also faster than Superman. Superman could (could! not would) win if he fought smart ("Hey, Bruce, I got this problem..."wink, but all-out vs all-out, SS wins. End of story.

ZephroCarnelian
Yup. It's Surfer's speed and his ability to emit radiation that wins the day for him.

I don't think post crisis Supes is fast enough to keep up.

Smaxxer
Is Surfer faster than Superman ? Maybe in the traveling speed department, but I really think Superman has much better reflexes than our friend Norrin.

Superman is a better fighter too. In a fistfight, Superman wins 9/10. Any other fight with Surfer => could go either way, but I am leaning towards Superman.

brainchild81
Originally posted by Mindship
Superman, even post-crisis, is a powerhouse against those unable to utilize any of his weaknesses. Silver Surfer is far too versatile an opponent to fall into that category. He can...
1. Siphon solar energy
2. Fire K radiation
3. Radiate red sunlight.

Toe-to-toe dookin' it out, I'd give to Supes. But that's not SS's style. He's also faster than Superman. Superman could (could! not would) win if he fought smart ("Hey, Bruce, I got this problem..."wink, but all-out vs all-out, SS wins. End of story. Ditt-MFin-O

long pig
Originally posted by Smaxxer
Is Surfer faster than Superman ? Maybe in the traveling speed department, but I really think Superman has much better reflexes than our friend Norrin.

Superman is a better fighter too. In a fistfight, Superman wins 9/10. Any other fight with Surfer => could go either way, but I am leaning towards Superman.

Superman=2-3x lightspeed at most.

Surfer=320,000,000x lightspeed at most..

Yeah, he's faster by just a smidge.

How do they keep him interesting?
Well, unlike Superman, they don't give him humans to fight to make him look tougher. Surfer's rogues gallery has people like Eternity and LT and such.

juggernaut74
He cant sustain a ongoing series either. Hes had four of them already.

Superman has sustained two or more titles for the last 67 years.

Surfer wins the mojority. But its not a cake walk like the Marvelites think.

long pig
So each character's popularity and sales determine the outcome?

Wolverine>>half of D.C

Mindship
Originally posted by juggernaut74

Surfer wins the mojority. But its not a cake walk like the Marvelites think.

In terms of real-world power, I absolutely agree. There is no one, No One, who matches Superman in terms of fame, global recognizability, and cultural icon endurance. You can go anywhere in the civilized world, tie a towel around your neck, and everyone will know who you're supposed to be. Remember a commercial a little while ago: a little boy with said towel, flexing his lil' biceps, while the caption reads "No one ever grew up wanting to be Moneyman"? Try that with any other hero and see if it works.

But with respect to the comic world, Superman is too "basic" in his abilities, and the Surfer too "energy-versatile" for Supes to win.

BTW, for the record: SS is my number 1 favorite, Supes # 2, so I do not come to this conclusion lightly.

Ask me about eg Superman vs Thor, I'll give ya a whole other story.

snoopdogg
I think he was trying to say that Silver Surfer is not as appealing or he would have his own monthly series.

Anyways I agree Norrin Radd posesses the best chance at a victory.

Sentry is this a spite thread? Are you mad at somebody?

long pig
Superman just has a built in fanbase from being an icon in the 60-70's, hardly anyone under 40 cares about the guy.

But, you're right, Surfer stories are usually way too complicated for the average reader.

WindDancer
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Surfer would re-make his board, return within a fraction of a second, and hammer Supes with red sunlight blasts. Seriously. Surfer would own Supes. He's way too versatile and way too fast.

Originally posted by KPrince
Actually, the Silver Surfer's body is virtually indestructible, his surfboard is covered with the same substance his body is, thus the board is virtually indestructible as well.

Okay, this seems to me like Marvel Comics is making it's own version of DBZ. And we all know how exaggerated and overly done those characters can be. If Silver Surfer has No weakness then just rename him to god and creator.

long pig
Okay, this seems to me like Marvel Comics is making it's own version of DBZ. And we all know how exaggerated and overly done those characters can be. If Silver Surfer has No weakness then just rename him to god and creator.
Stan Lee called him Space Jesus.....stick out tongue

WindDancer
haha!! Stan is da man. wink

brainchild81
Originally posted by juggernaut74

Surfer wins the mojority. But its not a cake walk like the Marvelites think. This had nothing to do with Marvelites or Superman's popularity. Unless Supes had some kind of help or prep, it's only logical that Surfer would kick his a$$ every single time. It would be a cakewalk. Superman's popularity won't save him here.

JediMasterLuke5
Originally posted by long pig
Superman=2-3x lightspeed at most.

Surfer=320,000,000x lightspeed at most..

If thats true which I doubt, he cant possibly fight at that speed, and he cant do that one earth.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Jargon343

Same Question for Flash.....Same Question for Superman.....

Bardock42

Haha...funny thing considering the ongoing debate aboot Goku vs Superman...now the Superman they characterize is one ocverexxagerated mofo.....I miss the old ties he couldn't go 8 times the speed of light.....

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Bardock42
Same Question for Flash.....Same Question for Superman..... Thats not even close. Silver Surfer is so overpowered its not even funny. The guy dont even have any f*cking weaknesses for gods sake.

But the Marvel fans adore guys like him and Sentry.

Theisos
Quote:

As far as i'm concerned, I don't care if gladiator were more powerful indeed than Superman. I don't care if there's 20 million beings more powerful than Superman. What some people fail to understand is that Superman is an idol. He's the guy that's never going to give up fighting for us. He's the adamant soldier that won't back down even if it costs him his life. Spiderman can do the same, but he has nowhere near the responsibility Superman has. Supes fights for a planet that isn't his own, for what they gave to him in the form of a home. And you can always rely on him. Always.

At least that's how i see Superman.

~wickerman~

Bardock42
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Thats not even close. Silver Surfer is so overpowered its not even funny. The guy dont even have any f*cking weaknesses for gods sake.

I a not saying Silver Surfer isn'T overpowered....I am just saying Flash and Superman should have the same problems making up a decent plot.

Originally posted by Theisos
Quote:

As far as i'm concerned, I don't care if gladiator were more powerful indeed than Superman. I don't care if there's 20 million beings more powerful than Superman. What some people fail to understand is that Superman is an idol. He's the guy that's never going to give up fighting for us. He's the adamant soldier that won't back down even if it costs him his life. Spiderman can do the same, but he has nowhere near the responsibility Superman has. Supes fights for a planet that isn't his own, for what they gave to him in the form of a home. And you can always rely on him. Always.

At least that's how i see Superman.

~wickerman~

Yes..I'd go for Batman..but it's not really the point......

((The_Anomaly))
personally i think SS is retarded, not to mention he looks absolutely retarded on his surf board (he would be far cooler without it) anyways, Clark is a way cooler character with a far more interesting back round.

but Supes would get his ass handed to him, unfortunately supes could do nothing against SS. post-crisis anyways.

pre-crisis, well, im not so sure. but current supes wouldn't stand a chance.

and i hate SS, but the truth is unavoidable

HigH ScholaR
Thats not even close. Silver Surfer is so overpowered its not even funny. The guy dont even have any f*cking weaknesses for gods sake.

i don't like sentry........but superman is......

anyway i feel ss is a more cooler character and think Superman is overhyped but eveyone has their own opinion

brainchild81

But the Marvel fans adore guys like him and Sentry. Depends on the fan. Personally, I'm not SS's biggest fan. I've never liked ultrapowerful heroes. SS does seem to fight ultrapowerful foes more often than not though so that kinda evens him out. I'm not too fond of Sentry either. Give me a street level comic anyday though. What I don't understand is why so many Supes fans can't admit SS would own him. If your appreciation of a character is based on him beating everybodies @$$, you're not really a fan.

long pig
The difference between Surfer being mega powerful and Superman being mega powerful is Surfer isn't earth based and he fights gods/cosmic entities who almost always are more powerful than him.

Superman is earth based and fights common thugs.....and TOYMAN!

Hah....I mean really, whenever an enemy is close to equal to Superman, what does he do? He calls the JLA!
Doomsday should have been a one panel fight.

It's so silly, I've often wondered if Superman fans are a bit on the mentally retarded side.

JediMasterLuke5
Im telling yall that Speed Blitz would own SS. Superman will break him in half.

JediMasterLuke5
The difference between Surfer being mega powerful and Superman being mega powerful is Surfer isn't earth based and he fights gods/cosmic entities who almost always are more powerful than him.

Superman is earth based and fights common thugs.....and TOYMAN!

It's so silly, I've often wondered if Superman fans are a bit on the mentally retarded side.
Superman fights common foes now thats some BS.

Darkseid, Doomsday, and Imperiex are all GREATER THEN GODS.

long pig
Darkseid=Shit.

Doomsay=Shit

Imperiex=Should have been a one on one fight, but it took the whole JLA. Superman never beat him.

Originally posted by JediMasterLuke5
Im telling yall that Speed Blitz would own SS. Superman will break him in half.
Silly fanboy.

Do you know how fast surfer can fly? He's been clocked at 320 MILLION times the speed of light.

JediMasterLuke5
Darkseid=Shit.

Doomsay=Shit

Imperiex=Should have been a one on one fight, but it took the whole JLA. Superman never beat him.

Silly fanboy.

Do you know how fast surfer can fly? He's been clocked at 320 MILLION times the speed of light.
You seriously dont know anything about Darkseid, Doomsday, or Imperiex, you sound like a Supe hater.

Surfer cant fight at that Speed, and prove that he can fly that fast.

long pig
Darkseid is nothing anymore, do you even read Superman?

Superman countered his OB's with his own heat vision for ****s sake.

Doomsday is a slow moving Hulk, Superman should have beaten him in the first panel.

Imperiex is tough, but how'd they beat him? Yeah, thought so.

Surfer can fight at way beyond light speed and he travels at unbelievable speeds.

I don't have to prove it, it's common knowledge. Go look up his I.G grab. He flew a lightyear in 3 seconds.

JediMasterLuke5
Darkseid is nothing anymore, do you even read Superman?

Superman countered his OB's with his own heat vision for ****s sake.

Doomsday is a slow moving Hulk, Superman should have beaten him in the first panel.

Imperiex is tough, but how'd they beat him? Yeah, thought so.

Surfer can fight at way beyond light speed and he travels at unbelievable speeds.

I don't have to prove it, it's common knowledge. Go look up his I.G grab. He flew a lightyear in 3 seconds.

If Surfer could fight at those speeds he would be unstoppable, which he no where even close to being.

Those villians could kick Surfer ass any day.

Darkseid uses Omega Beams it kills Surfer

Doomsday rips surfer's head off it kills surfer.

Imperiex stomps on surfer it kills surfer.

long pig
He pretty much is unstoppable at full speed no CIS. Only cosmics can deal with him.

Or...Surfer counters it with a blast of Power Cosmic. Or...Surfer just outruns it like Flash did. Since Surfer is faster than Flash, he'd have no trouble with Darkseid.

Or....Doomsday would never see him before being thrown into the sun. DD is basically a weaker Hulk but more durability. Nothing more.

Maybe. This is the only one who would give Surfer any trouble.

My theory about Superman fans being mildly retarded is almost becoming a rule...hmm...

Bardock42
How is Doomsday a "weaker" hulk? ...I would say he's a stronger,faster, more durable and especially Regenerative Hulk......

JediMasterLuke5

Or...Surfer counters it with a blast of Power Cosmic. Or...Surfer just outruns it like Flash did. Since Surfer is faster than Flash, he'd have no trouble with Darkseid.

Silver Surfer can not fight at those speeds.

Adam Warlock
Originally posted by JediMasterLuke5
If Surfer could fight at those speeds he would be unstoppable, which he no where even close to being.

Those villians could kick Surfer ass any day.

Darkseid uses Omega Beams it kills Surfer

Doomsday rips surfer's head off it kills surfer.

Imperiex stomps on surfer it kills surfer.

Some of which you say I agree with... But some of it is total bullsh!t.

Darkseid shot Surfer in the back with his Omega Beams it practically boiled his adamantium skin. Surfer did not die. If Surfer had faced him when the blast took place he would have countered with his own blast of power cosmic. Current Darkseid, Silver Surfer has a good chance at beating. Pre-Crisis Darkseid on the other hand would own Surfer. But current Darkseid = Pussy... Pre-Crisis Darkseid = Bad Ass...

Doomsday... Surfer has battled on even when he was dismembered. DD will never catch Surfer. He is too slow... Surfer could molecular transmute Doomsday into something else harmless. Or he could fly back in time to stop Doomsday before he was ever born. DD has a chance, but not a very good one.

Imperiex should stomp Surfer one on one. If Surfer had his teammates, the Defenders then he'd have a good chance. With Strange and Surfer being the deciding factor. Then again if it was his master Galactus... That would be another story. Imperiex kinda hit me as a much weaker Galactus imitation.

Adam Warlock
Surfer fighting at speeds faster than light.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/silversurfer.jpg

smile

UniOmni
SS would beat Superman. Sorry, sad truth, blabablalablahhh.
And for those who say Supes would speedblitz......hahaha!! This is why i love Superman fanboys. Cuz in the end, all their idol's biggest battles come down to punches. Hilarious. SS would rape Supes simply because he's perfect for the job. That simple. Supes isn't infallible. And thats why i'm glad he never got a GL ring(No Prime). Cuz on the oaf, it'd be totally wasted. i read somewhere that "he'd only use it to punch harder..." So true in so many ways. Hilarious. But for the record, Supes wouldn't have a chance. The only version who would might be PreCrisis, and thats cuz his writers would have given him some anti-SS device/ability. So lame.

Adam Warlock
Surfer can affect cells at a molecular level... Remember what Triumph did to Superman?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/transmute.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/cpu4-31_h66pony.jpg

One blast of power cosmic took out Orion here:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/ssvo.jpg

This is what really would happen in their battle:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/ssvs.jpg

long pig
Originally posted by Bardock42
How is Doomsday a "weaker" hulk? ...I would say he's a stronger,faster, more durable and especially Regenerative Hulk......
Doomsday doesn't have limitless strength. Hulk does. Thus, is weaker.

Doomsday never had Super speed, it's a myth....well, it's what fanboys say to make themselves feel better. The only time DD's speed was commented on was when guy gardner saw him fighting Superman, and he was said to be a blur.

Humans can be a blur, big whoop.

He was more durable....not by much, though.

Face it, Superman is a herald level being who fights common thugs. Why? Because there are people in this world who will suicide bomb D.C offices if Superman were to ever lose.

snoopdogg
Why does Superman sustain four montly titles?

How many does Norrin have?

long pig
Because it's all D.C has?

snoopdogg
Because it's all D.C has? LOL. wacko

Fanboy
He pretty much is unstoppable at full speed no CIS. Only cosmics can deal with him.

Or....Doomsday would never see him before being thrown into the sun. DD is basically a weaker Hulk but more durability. Nothing more.

Maybe. This is the only one who would give Surfer any trouble.

My theory about Superman fans being mildly retarded is almost becoming a rule...hmm...

Actually dude I gotta say something about Doomsday being thrown into the sun I actually remember his creator saying that he is being charged by the sun because of his kryptonian side or something.

brainchild81
Why does Superman sustain four montly titles?

How many does Norrin have? Wow! That really won't help Superman @ all here. Supes came out 1st and established a strong fan base back when America needed a hero and standards were low.

SS and Supes fight:
Supes flies in for a Speedblitz.
He punches Surfer once. It's the kind that would easily kill an ordinary man. Surfer doesn't budge. Supes feels weaker than usual.

SM:What the....
SS:Wondering why you didn't connect like you thought you would? I'm emitting red sun radiation. You're much closer to me than the sun that feeds you. You're going to be a like regular human soon, so you might want to try something else. Now might be a good time for diplomacy.

Supes blasts him w/heat vision. Surfer smiles
SS:You do know that I could go into the sun and as the humans say "chill". Did I use that right? I've been taking classes.

Supes, being the genius that he is roll eyes (sarcastic), throws a few more punches, each weaker than the last
SS: It's obvious that the "S" doesn't stand for "Super-smart"
Surfer begins to drain the solar energy from Supes.
Supes:You can't do this to me. I sustain 4 monthly titles!! How many do you have, Baldy!?

Surfer gets a little pissed about Supes taking a cheap shot. The Power Cosmic begins to radiate from his eyes. He amps himself up to Class 100. Supes is currently @ class 0. SS rips Supes head off his body and smashes it to pieces.
SS: Sustain my f**kin' foot in yo' @$$ b***h!!!
SS literally kicks Supes @$$ so hard it explodes, completely dismembering Supes' headless body.
THE END.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by brainchild81
Wow! That really won't help Superman @ all here. Supes came out 1st and established a strong fan base back when America needed a hero and standards were low.

SS and Supes fight:
Supes flies in for a Speedblitz.
He punches Surfer once. It's the kind that would easily kill an ordinary man. Surfer doesn't budge. Supes feels weaker than usual.

SM:What the....
SS:Wondering why you didn't connect like you thought you would? I'm emitting red sun radiation. You're much closer to me than the sun that feeds you. You're going to be a like regular human soon, so you might want to try something else. Now might be a good time for diplomacy.

Supes blasts him w/heat vision. Surfer smiles
SS:You do know that I could go into the sun and as the humans say "chill". Did I use that right? I've been taking classes.

Supes, being the genius that he is roll eyes (sarcastic), throws a few more punches, each weaker than the last
SS: It's obvious that the "S" doesn't stand for "Super-smart"
Surfer begins to drain the solar energy from Supes.
Supes:You can't do this to me. I sustain 4 monthly titles!! How many do you have, Baldy!?

Surfer gets a little pissed about Supes taking a cheap shot. The Power Cosmic begins to radiate from his eyes. He amps himself up to Class 100. Supes is currently @ class 0. SS rips Supes head off his body and smashes it to pieces.
SS: Sustain my f**kin' foot in yo' @$$ b***h!!!
SS literally kicks Supes @$$ so hard it explodes, completely dismembering Supes' headless body.
THE END. Wow your a f*cking dumb@ss if I ever saw one.

Not once did I say Norrin would beat Superman. All I said was that Norrin Radd must not be a very interesting character otherwise his series' would never get canceled after 14 or so issue.

Face the facts. Superman has 4 montly titles while Norrin has a goose egg.

Its that way for a reason slick. Who wants to read about a bald naked guy who flies around in space on a surfboard who is unbeatable?

long pig
laughing

Ahaha....I smell a catch phrase.

That was ****ing classic....

Surfer isn't unbeatable, he just has very powerful enemies. His most powerful is Galactus and at one point The Living Tribunal.

snoopdogg
Superman has equaly powerful enemies such as Darkseid, Eradicator, Imperiex and even Doomsday. He also has low level enemies.

brainchild81
Wow your a f*cking dumb@ss if I ever saw one.

Not once did I say Norrin would beat Superman.And not once did I say you did. Just having a lil' fun. Stop trying to be an internet gangsta and take it easy. Don't get your panties in a bunch kid. You're starting to sound like a fanboy, throwin' around childish insults. Grow the f**k up youngin'! Supes ain't your father or your cousin or your mom so relax.laughingOriginally posted by long pig
laughing

Ahaha....I smell a catch phrase.

That was ****ing classic....
Thanx. Glad somebody appreciated it

snoopdogg
And not once did I say you did. Just having a lil' fun. Stop trying to be an internet gangsta and take it easy. Don't get your panties in a bunch kid. You're starting to sound like a fanboy, throwin' around childish insults. Grow the f**k up youngin'! Supes ain't your father or your cousin or your mom so relax. I dont tolerate ingnorance very well. There was no need for the whole fight sequence you posted.

By the way kid. I am willing to bet I am older than you are sunshine. Your probably of those Marvel kids who only read Marvel comics and has never opened a DC comic.

brainchild81
It was for laughs. Don't be so fragile. It can also be said that the number of Superman's monthly titles didn't need to be posted either. Somebody else had already done something similar. Supes is more popular than SS. We get it. You felt like posting it. You posted it. Post what you want. I felt like posting the fight sequence. I posted it. I post what I want. You some kind of "post police"? You may in fact be older, but if you act like a child, I won't hesistate to call you one. More and more you're starting to sound like some DC fanboy. What I read shouldn't really matter to you, but then again I do set the trends for others to followsmile Your assumption is incorrect. I do read more Marvel than DC because I like the characters better. But I don't really have any loyalty to one company or the other. In fact, I'm actually getting pissed about how they whored out Spidey to make him more like his movie counterpart and how they killed off Hawkeye and not Jubilee.

dvampire
More Superman haters! laughing big grin laughing out loud

UniOmni
I dont tolerate ingnorance very well. There was no need for the whole fight sequence you posted.

By the way kid. I am willing to bet I am older than you are sunshine. Your probably of those Marvel kids who only read Marvel comics and has never opened a DC comic.

Not to be anal or anything, but my smarta$$ nature demands that this is done.

I don't tolerate ignorance very well. There was no need for the whole fight sequence you posted.

By the way kid. I am willing to bet I am older than you are sunshine. You're probably one of those Marvel kids who only read Marvel comics and has never opened a DC comic.

See the difference in grammar and punctuation? Before you call anybody ignorant, make sure ya grammar games up buddy!!laughing evil face

snoopdogg
Originally posted by UniOmni
Not to be anal or anything, but my smarta$$ nature demands that this is done.

I don't tolerate ignorance very well. There was no need for the whole fight sequence you posted.

By the way kid. I am willing to bet I am older than you are sunshine. You're probably one of those Marvel kids who only read Marvel comics and has never opened a DC comic.

See the difference in grammar and punctuation? Before you call anybody ignorant, make sure ya grammar games up buddy!!laughing evil face Did you review brainchilds post?

Oh, and by the way you made it to the dumb@ss list. Good job!

brainchild81
Did you review brainchilds post?

Oh, and by the way you made it to the dumb@ss list. Good job! He didn't need to. I wasn't calling anybody "ingnorant" just because they made a joke about a fictional character. I don't think anybody important cares about your "dumb@ss list". Would you care if a drunk person put you on their "drunk list"?laughing You need to clam down. We're talking about FICTIONAL characters here, not family members. It's not that serious.

GODSCRIBE
The answer is yes...and without much effort.

Sixth_Winged
Surfer transmutes Supes suit into Kryptonite and then decapitates him with his surfboard

Score one for shiny space junky

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by Adam Warlock
The consensus on the VS forum thinks so. I'd like to hear what people think about it in this forum.

Debate.

Yes he would , not in h2h combat though ! smile

spideycarnage
Sorry Superman fanboys, Surfer takes this one, hes faster, has cosmic powers, and more durable than supes. Superman has a tiny chance if this was a fist fight.. but a regualr fight surfer takes this one rather easily.

Mider
doesnt SS lose to thor?

thesilverspider
Originally posted by Mider
doesnt SS lose to thor?
Nope never has only to warrior madness thor.

Mider
thats kinda lame a god not as powerful as a herald

thesilverspider
thats kinda lame a god not as powerful as a herald
Well surfer has godly powers............ wink

GODSCRIBE
Right you are.

BobbyD
Yes, SS CAN beat Superman...as a matter of fact, more often than Superman can beat him.

Murda Mase
Thing knocked out Surfer with his own board.

Superman will own him.

Surfer can't Punch as fast as he can travel.

All Supermans gotta do is break his board then Heat vison his ass to death.

dvampire
Originally posted by thesilverspider
Nope never has only to warrior madness thor.

That's still Thor though. confused

tiakocom
SS wields power cosmics supes is jus another punk from krypton, lets jus say for the sake of arguments clark's home planet was still fine and SS decided to take it down by order of the big G what would clark do? this is stupid SS would murder clark anyday any planet any dimension matter fact clark needs a certain type of environment to have his powers and to match him up against a herald of the big G is stupid.

Murda Mase
Actually its known that Superman is a cosmic being too.

He can draw his powers from stars too, because all the sun is is a over grown star.

tiakocom
Originally posted by Murda Mase

He can draw his powers from stars too, because all the sun is is a over grown star.

supes is now a cosmic being? thats it gonna roll me another spliff... smokin'

Zahit
Superman draws his power from YELLOW stars.....like ours.
A red star would de-power him.

And yes, Silver Surfer CAN beat Superman.
Superman's only option of winning is to knock him out with
a flurry of FULL-STRENGTH punches extremely fast.
If this doesn't work right away......the Kryptonian is doomed.
Surfer has too many options in beating him.

brainchild81
Good post. Superman fans are cool. Supes fanboys suck!

Zahit
Good post. Superman fans are cool. Supes fanboys suck!

Happy Dance

Scoobless
yes

Murda Mase
Originally posted by tiakocom
supes is now a cosmic being? thats it gonna roll me another spliff... smokin'

Theres a pic of it in the Superman respect thread in this msg board go look at it.

thesilverspider
Originally posted by dvampire
That's still Thor though. confused
Well that's not "Thor" That's "Warrior madness Thor" see the difference
Like "Sun-dipped superman" is different then "superman" Yes they are still the same person but their powers are greaty amped.

Why don't you post why Surfer can't beat superman. wink

demigawd
would somebody like to define "cosmic"?

thesilverspider
Thing knocked out Surfer with his own board.

Superman will own him.

Surfer can't Punch as fast as he can travel.

All Supermans gotta do is break his board then Heat vison his ass to death.

I think you watch to much of that Fantastic four cartoon.
Heat vision would have to be at it's most powerful to even scratch surfer.

Jose123

only a yellow star.

"because all the sun is is a over grown star" WTF?????

thesilverspider
Originally posted by demigawd
would somebody like to define "cosmic"?
Well to me it would mean someone with some sort of cosmic energy like projectiles and such.Also be able to travel through space at great speeds and be more powerful then any conventinal earth hero.

demigawd
Well to me it would mean someone with some sort of cosmic energy like projectiles and such.Also be able to travel through space at great speeds and be more powerful then any conventinal earth hero.

Do others agree or disagree with this definition?

Some follow up questions:

Are the following cosmic beings?

1. Silver Surfer
2. Terrax
3. Thor
4. Nova
5. Quasar
6. Green lantern
7. Dr. Strange
8. Odin

thesilverspider
Do others agree or disagree with this definition?

Some follow up questions:

Are the following cosmic beings?

1. Silver Surfer
2. Terrax
3. Thor
4. Nova
5. Quasar
6. Green lantern
7. Dr. Strange
8. Odin

Well not surfer if others agree or not.
Looking at the list only Strange and Thor wouldn't be considered cosmic by my definition.Maybe they are maybe not depends on what others think is cosmic or not.

Scoobless

demigawd

dvampire
Well that's not "Thor" That's "Warrior madness Thor" see the difference
Like "Sun-dipped superman" is different then "superman" Yes they are still the same person but their powers are greaty amped.

Why don't you post why Surfer can't beat superman. wink

I don't think Surfer can beat Superman now. Energy absorbtion is useless now since his body abosrbs it so fast now, Kryptonite doesn't exsist in the Marvel universe (and if it did, Superman has dealt with it before, Lex is a good example), I think Supes is physically stronger, he fights faster, and could counter most of Surfer's energy blasts with his own. smile

Warrior Madness is still Thor though, it's not like he fled from battle.

slade10

Comparing thor with wm thor is like comparing bruce banner with the hulk. Beating, or getting beaten, by one form literally tells us nothing about how one would do against the other.

thesilverspider
I don't think Surfer can beat Superman now. Energy absorbtion is useless now since his body abosrbs so fast, Kryptonite doesn't exsist in the Marvel universe (and if it did, Superman has dealt with it before, Lex is a good example), I think Supes is physically stronger, he fights faster, and could counter most of Surfer's energy blasts with his own. smile

It doesn't matter if K-nite exist in the MU or not.Surfer uses his cosmic awareness to detect it and he shoots A blast with the same frequency as the k-nite radiation.Even without the weakness surfer is to much for supes.................. wink

dvampire
Originally posted by slade10
Comparing thor with wm thor is like comparing bruce banner with the hulk. Beating, or getting beaten, by one form literally tells us nothing about how one would do against the other.

It's still Thor. confused When Thor was fighting Hulk, he was losing, but as the fight went on, he went into WM. There was no prep time in between battle, it's not like Superman when he goes to take a sundip. smile

dvampire
It doesn't matter if K-nite exist in the MU or not.Surfer uses his cosmic awareness to detect it and he shoots A blast with the same frequency as the k-nite radiation.Even without the weakness surfer is to much for supes.................. wink

And again I said, with or without Kryptonite, Superman has dealt with it before.

Without the weakness, Surfer will lose even faster. wink

thesilverspider
And again I said, with or without Kryptonite, Superman has dealt with it before.

Well in your eyes supes is the strongest mother****er alive so trying to make you think otherwise is impossible............. sad

Scoobless

you're funny

laughing

dvampire
Well in your eyes supes is the strongest mother****er alive so trying to make you think otherwise is impossible............. sad

Nope. Try bringing an arguement next time.

People who I think can beat Superman:

1. Mr. Majestic

2. Dr. Strange

3. Orion

4. Captain Marvel

There's more, but I'll leave it at that. Now stop being bitter and bring an arguement please. smile

dvampire
Originally posted by Scoobless
you're funny

laughing

Indeed, to bad you havn't done anything to counter it! laughing

Scoobless
Indeed, to bad you havn't done anything to counter it! laughing

Simple, Surfer could tell by "scanning" Gladiator that he has a weakness to a specific wavelength of radiation..... he can do the same to Superman and hit him with it

and Kryptonite does exist in the MU .... or at least Kryptonite radiation exists within the MU - Radioactive Man can reproduce it so it must

not forgetting that Surfer would also be able to use red sun radiation

http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/1756/supermanweak6yy.th.jpg

maybe he'll get lucky and someone will save him ..... again!

smile

..... Of course Surfer is indestructible and has more than enough firepower to KO Superman..... but this all just speeds it up

EDIT: also note the bottom left of the scanned page..... big grin

thesilverspider
Nope. Try bringing an arguement next time.

People who I think can beat Superman:

1. Mr. Majestic

2. Dr. Strange

3. Orion

4. Captain Marvel

There's more, but I'll leave it at that. Now stop being bitter and bring an arguement please. smile
Its hilarious how you think those on the list can beat superman but not surfer. laughing out loud

Just face it Surfer is well beyond supes in many aspects.Supes has only one advantage on Surfer and that's physical strength.What good is strength when you can't lay a finger on the person you're fighting.You're gonna come with the same half ass argument that surfer doesn't fight at light speeds.Of course he's not gonna be written to his full extent then he wouldn't have any challenge what's so ever.Surfer suffers from CIS almost as much as Flash and any Green lantern.

thesilverspider
Simple, Surfer could tell by "scanning" Gladiator that he has a weakness to a specific wavelength of radiation..... he can do the same to Superman and hit him with it

and Kryptonite does exist in the MU .... or at least Kryptonite radiation exists within the MU - Radioactive Man can reproduce it so it must

smile

..... Of course Surfer is indestructible and has more than enough firepower to KO Superman..... but this all just speeds it up
thumb up

Mindship
Hence is the problem. Cosmic is a vague term. Nobody is really in much of a position to say if someone is cosmic or not. You could argue that someone is cosmic because of their power level (in which case everybody on my list is cosmic), their powersets (in which case Superman, Thor and Quasar aren't cosmic), their power nature (in which case the magic beings aren't cosmic), or their power source (in which case Thor, Odin and GL aren't cosmic).

A "cosmic" is a being whose sphere of operations is, minimally, interstellar and as such possesses the power necessary to operate in this theater, a power based on physics.

If you have interstellar-level power, but it's not based on physics, in my book you are not a cosmic. You may be capable of cosmic-scale or cosmic-like operations, but strictly speaking, a cosmic u aint.
If your power is based on physics, but you're not "star-worthy," you're not a cosmic. Even if you can operate nicely within a star system, a cosmic u aint.

The Silver Surfer is a cosmic because he has power based on physics which allows him to function on an interstellar scale.
Superman has the potential to be a (short-term) cosmic. His power is based on physics, but he is not capable of starflight...unless (I'm presuming) he sundips. Even then, it's temporary.

dvampire

smile

Wow, your using crossovers now! But that scan also proves that Superman doesn't go down to red sunlight and Krytonite that easy like I said. "Kryptonite doesn't exsist in the Marvel universe (and if it did, Superman has dealt with it before, Lex is a good example)". This isn't just going to be a energy blasts fight, Superman can counter most of Surfer blasts with his own energy attacks, he has long attacks too, and I think he's superior in close combat. smile

dvampire
thumb up

He failed! big grin

long pig
Indeed, Orion would put a whippin' on Superman.

Superman's powerset isn't powerful enough to handle cosmics without PIS/CIS.

Heat vision: Won't do much against a being who can handle stars exploding without a scratch. It's next to useless, it would only serve to push SS back a little.

Ice Breath: Useless against someone who spends his entire life in space where there is little heat if any. SS has been able to handle Absolute Zero.

Midlevel speed: Superman can't fight at lightspeed. He can fly, but there's really no proof he can fight at that speed...only at really high speeds. Surfer can fight at the same speed as Superman and fly hundreds of times faster.

High level Durability: Superman's durability is high, but not higher than Surfer's.

High level strength: Useless against someone who is nearly as strong, just as durable and 100x faster.

....That's all superman has. The rest is passive powers.

Surfer has:
Low end Time manipulation.
High end Molecular Manipulation.
High end Energy control/Manipulation.
High end blasts.
Mid-high end Telepathy.
mid level TK.

Superman couldn't win 2/10

thesilverspider
Indeed, Orion would put a whippin' on Superman.

Heat vision: Won't do much against a being who can handle stars exploding without a scratch. It's next to useless, it would only serve to push SS back a little.

Ice Breath: Useless against someone who spends his entire life in space where there is little heat if any. SS has been able to handle Absolute Zero.

Midlevel speed: Superman can't fight at lightspeed. He can fly, but there's really no proof he can fight at that speed...only at really high speeds. Surfer can fight at the same speed as Superman and fly hundreds of times faster.

High level Durability: Superman's durability is high, but not higher than Surfer's.

High level strength: Useless against someone who is nearly as strong, just as durable and 100x faster.

....That's all superman has. The rest is passive powers.

Surfer has:
Low end Time manipulation.
High end Molecular Manipulation.
High end Energy control/Manipulation.
High end blasts.
Mid-high end Telepathy.
mid level TK.

Superman couldn't win 2/10
Another great post.It's just so difficult to convince people that a guy who rides a surfer board is more powerful then the guy with a red thong....................

BobbyD
embarrasment

I tell ya', it's embarrasing sometimes to see the lengths at which Superman fanboys go to defend MY favorite character. Alas, even I know when he's facing a superior opponent.

messed

Scoobless
But that scan also proves that Superman doesn't go down to red sunlight and Krytonite that easy

are you on crack?.... as soon as he gets hit with it he drops to the floor and can't defend himself

look again:

blink

Superman can counter most of Surfer blasts with his own energy attacks

ok.... now i know you're on crack

hoover = no

thesilverspider
laughing Supes has energy attacks now.................hysterical

long pig
It's hard to understand that not everyone is created to job to Superman. It's a golden rule in D.C, but it doesn't translate well to these boards.

Scoobless
Re-Post (as is my right for posting at the bottom of the page)

But that scan also proves that Superman doesn't go down to red sunlight and Krytonite that easy

are you on crack?.... as soon as he gets hit with it he drops to the floor and can't defend himself

look again:

blink

Superman can counter most of Surfer blasts with his own energy attacks

hoover = no

dvampire
To Long Pig:

"Superman had no probelm beating cosmic level beings with his powers before."

"Heat vision: Won't do much against a being who can handle stars exploding without a scratch. It's next to useless, it would only serve to push SS back a little."

"Superman's Heat Vision is hotter than stars, it can't even be measured."

"Ice Breath: Useless against someone who spends his entire life in space where there is little heat if any. SS has been able to handle Absolute Zero."

Not proven, Superman has forzen countless cosmic level beings. I think it's alot colder than the tempatures of space.

"Midlevel speed: Superman can't fight at lightspeed. He can fly, but there's really no proof he can fight at that speed...only at really high speeds. Surfer can fight at the same speed as Superman and fly hundreds of times faster."

Surfer has never fought at all at high speeds, he just flies very fast. Superman has proven to be able to fight at high speeds countless of times though.

"High level Durability: Superman's durability is high, but not higher than Surfer's."

Superman's durability is higher, can you please prove that Surfer is more durable?

"High level strength: Useless against someone who is nearly as strong, just as durable and 100x faster."

Superman is stronger and faster than Superman in reflexive/fighting speeds.

Surfer has:

"Low end Time manipulation."

That's good for running away and he's never done that in battle (Thanos, Firelord anybody)

"High end Molecular Manipulation."

Something Superman has dealt with, it'll be pretty much useless for this battle.

"High end Energy control/Manipulation."

Look above, Superman can also control his powers.

"High end blasts."

Superman has been through that and also posess that.

"Mid-high end Telepathy."

Supes faced this countless of times and even have somthing to counter it.

"mid level TK."

Where has he displayed this?

smile

dvampire
Re-Post (as is my right for posting at the bottom of the page)

look again:

blink

hoover = no

Lays the smackdown on super armor powered Lex Luthor (yep, more Kryptonite resistence people)

http://img107.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=77b_supesluthor1a.jpg

http://img102.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=075_supesluthor1b.jpg

http://img109.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=fbc_supesluthor1c.jpg

http://img15.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=c73_supesluthor1d.jpg

http://img21.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=e74_supesluthor1e.jpg

http://img120.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=980_supesluthor1f.jpg

http://img43.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=29c_supesluthor1g.jpg

http://img14.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=c1c_supesluthor1h.jpg

Absorbing Superman's energy is pretty much useless now.

http://img403.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ruinfight14ed.jpg

http://img403.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ruinfight26lm.jpg

http://img69.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ruinfight37qf.jpg

http://img70.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ruinfight48nc.jpg

http://img66.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ruinfight93ak.jpg

http://img66.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ruinfight108fk.jpg

http://img223.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ruinfight110hh.jpg

http://img223.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ruinfight128wo.jpg

http://img223.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ruinfight133mw.jpg

http://img72.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ruinfight144tn.jpg

http://img72.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ruinfight166mx.jpg

http://img72.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ruinfight175jo.jpg

Another speed feat, he vibrates through the enemies grips.

http://img66.imageshack.us/my.php?image=supermanshazamspeedfeat38sk.jpg

http://img82.imageshack.us/my.php?image=supermanshazamspeedfeat40bm.jpg

He's dealt with it plenty of times. smile

dvampire
It's hard to understand that not everyone is created to job to Superman. It's a golden rule in D.C, but it doesn't translate well to these boards.

Same thing goes for Thanos and Surfer. Now get back to the arguement. smile

dvampire
laughing Supes has energy attacks now.................hysterical

Heat Vision and Ice Breath. It whould matter anyways, the fight won't go down in a energy blasts battle. smile

dvampire
Another great post.It's just so difficult to convince people that a guy who rides a surfer board is more powerful then the guy with a red thong....................

It failed! laughing

long pig
Making it USELESS against Surfer. Surfer can sleep in a star be fine.

His breath is colder than Absolute Zero? haha..

PIS on freezing true cosmics.

First, fighting h2h is beneath someone who is as powerful as Surfer, but he has shown the ability to react at near lightspeeds and fight that way as well.

Thrown through stars/suns with little effect, falling thousands of miles to earth and crashing with no effect...on and on. They are equal in durability.

Prove it. Just once, prove Superman is faster...please.

He's stronger, but not by much. Surfer has never shown a limit to what he can amp his strength. And Superman is a statue compared to Surfer.

It's also good for killing flying strong men. Which is all Superman is.

Useless my ass. Superman has PIS on his side against matter manip's in comics, not here.

Now you're just being stupid.

Surfer can control SUPERMAN'S powers. Surfer controls all energy, including everything Superman uses.

Not really. Not without PIS. Superman ain't invincible.

dvampire
Originally posted by BobbyD
embarrasment

I tell ya', it's embarrasing sometimes to see the lengths at which Superman fanboys go to defend MY favorite character. Alas, even I know when he's facing a superior opponent.

messed

It's shame how people waste up space with no arguement. smile

Oh and I'm the one that thinks Superman wins! big grin

tiakocom
Making it USELESS against Surfer. Surfer can sleep in a star be fine.

His breath is colder than Absolute Zero? haha..

PIS on freezing true cosmics.

First, fighting h2h is beneath someone who is as powerful as Surfer, but he has shown the ability to react at near lightspeeds and fight that way as well.

Thrown through stars/suns with little effect, falling thousands of miles to earth and crashing with no effect...on and on. They are equal in durability.

Prove it. Just once, prove Superman is faster...please.

He's stronger, but not by much. Surfer has never shown a limit to what he can amp his strength. And Superman is a statue compared to Surfer.

It's also good for killing flying strong men. Which is all Superman is.

Useless my ass. Superman has PIS on his side against matter manip's in comics, not here.

Now you're just being stupid.

Surfer can control SUPERMAN'S powers. Surfer controls all energy, including everything Superman uses.

Not really. Not without PIS. Superman ain't invincible.

fact is no matter how much proof you bring on table some people will still believe supes is god... hell im sure i saw a threats where supes was bein put up against odin, jus imagine the beating beatin supes would take but not to the fanboy

long pig
Same thing goes for Thanos and Surfer. Now get back to the arguement. smile
Thanos, yes.
Surfer, no.

Surfer just is that powerful. Superman just isn't that powerful.

Heat Vision and Ice Breath. It whould matter anyways, the fight won't go down in a energy blasts battle. smile
Of course it would. That's Surfer's strong point, why would he h2h with someone when he can put them down in a few blasts?

Are you basing your entire argument on CIS or that slight chance Surfer will forget his powerset and try to kung fu Superman?
Stop being stupid, dvamp.

It failed! laughing
You just don't understand logic. SUPEMANT WIANS CUZ HE IS FIRST OF TEH HEOROS!!!!!<----That's you're entire argument.

demigawd
Those scans showed that Superman was really struggling until he was able to get his hands on some more sunlight. And Ruin isn't a CL100 character and he was able to physically restrain Superman.

The Ion
This thread sucks. sad

Mider
supermans strengh is beyond surfers you all know that and he has servived a black hole and even the explosion of a planet his durability is at least equal to surfers his powers perhaps are not.

Scoobless
It failed! laughing

of course it failed..... it was using logic to convince an unyeilding fanboy

..... and we all know fanboys and logic never mix well

thesilverspider
Tk feats..........
http://img476.imageshack.us/img476/2923/0maximumsecurity186co.th.jpg

http://img476.imageshack.us/img476/439/galactusthedevourer1067lt.th.jpg

http://img366.imageshack.us/img366/2678/wcaa02085mg.th.jpg

http://img366.imageshack.us/img366/8499/xmenunlimited13274gy.th.jpg

dvampire
"Making it USELESS against Surfer. Surfer can sleep in a star be fine."

Point Superman Heat Vision is hotter than stars and Supes also sleep in stars, he even gains strength from it.

"His breath is colder than Absolute Zero? haha..

PIS on freezing true cosmics."

It's able to freeze cosmic level beings.confused

"First, fighting h2h is beneath someone who is as powerful as Surfer, but he has shown the ability to react at near lightspeeds and fight that way as well. "

Prove that he can fight at high speeds? And fighting someone like Superman, he's bound to go h2h.

"Thrown through stars/suns with little effect, falling thousands of miles to earth and crashing with no effect...on and on. They are equal in durability. "

Fare enough! You should of sad that first time.

"Prove it. Just once, prove Superman is faster...please."

Prove that Surfer can fight at high speeds, not flight speed?

"He's stronger, but not by much. "

At least show a strength feat of Surfer.

"Surfer has never shown a limit to what he can amp his strength. And Superman is a statue compared to Surfer."

Surfer won't be given the time to amp his strength in battle. And I still won't to see some fighting speed feats.

"Useless my ass. Superman has PIS on his side against matter manip's in comics, not here."

So it's PIS for Superman to be able to take that?

"Now you're just being stupid.

Surfer can control SUPERMAN'S powers. Surfer controls all energy, including everything Superman uses."

But again it's useless. That's an extra ability that won't help him in this fight.

"Not really. Not without PIS. Superman ain't invincible."

So it's PIS for Superman to be able to control his own powers too?

long pig
supermans strengh is beyond surfers you all know that and he has servived a black hole and even the explosion of a planet his durability is at least equal to surfers his powers perhaps are not.
They have similar durability. Superman's strength showings are higher.

I agree with that. It shows Superman's only leg up is his superior strength, nothing more.

Surfer hasn't ever shown a limit to his strength amping ability, so Superman might not even have superior strength going for him.

dvampire
of course it failed..... it was using logic to convince an unyeilding fanboy

..... and we all know fanboys and logic never mix well

The people who throw insults, are probaly the ones that are Fanboys. Again bring a useful arguement? smile

thesilverspider
Surfer has done the same shit..........

He's actually contained a blackhole.......... wink

Mider
why dont they shove a cosmic cube up his butt while there at it giving him more and more powers.

dvampire
They have similar durability. Superman's strength showings are higher.

I agree with that. It shows Superman's only leg up is his superior strength, nothing more.

Surfer hasn't every shown a limit to his strength amping ability, so Superman might not even have superior strength going for him.

But show a strength feat of Surfers? Superman is going to stand there and wait for Surfer to amp himself in strength. In that case, he should have thought of that countless of times in his fight against Thanos. smile

Scoobless
The people who throw insults, are probaly the ones that are Fanboys. Again bring a useful arguement? smile

you mean like these ones?

It's shame how people waste up space with no arguement. smile

Oh and I'm the one that thinks Superman wins! big grin
It failed! laughing

i may have contempt for illogical fanboys..... but at least i'm not being a hypocrite while doing it

big grin

thesilverspider
why dont they shove a cosmic cube up his butt while there at it giving him more and more powers.
Who supes nah he's taken to many things up the butt............ wink

dvampire
Surfer has done the same shit..........

He's actually contained a blackhole.......... wink

When? Superman has held one in the palm of his hand. smile

dvampire
you mean like these ones?

i may have contempt for illogical fanboys..... but at least i'm not being a hypocrite while doing it

big grin

It's shame how people waste up space with no arguement.

Oh and I'm the one that thinks Superman wins! smile

thesilverspider
But show a strength feat of Surfers? Superman is going to stand there and wait for Surfer to amp himself in strength. In that case, he should have thought of that countless of times in his fight against Thanos. smile
Why is it you keep bringing up Thanos who is way above superman.

long pig
With help from his superior. A green lantern.

yes

thesilverspider
Check the surfer respect thread ......... wink

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>