What if....you woke up in the Marvel Universe.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

armandovalles
What if you woke up tomorrow, and your family, house, friends, etc were the same, but when you read the newspaper or turned on the tv, you heard stories about the "Mutant menace" or a new invention from Reed Richards, or some gossip concerning Tony Stark. You're in the Marvel Universe, with superheros and big battles and everything.

The catch is, you retain your knowledge of all the comics you've read. You know that Peter Parker is Spider-Man, you know Wolverine's origin, you know the New Avengers are stationed in Stark Tower, you know that the mutant terrorist Magneto is alive and well in Genosha, you know it was Scarlet Witch that wiped out the old Avengers, etc.

Obviously, if you're not living in NYC, this information is next to useless, but what would you do? Would you live your ordinary life? Or try to shake things up in the world of superheroes?

U can have up to 3 powers and up to 1 weapon, but u must stay below Thor-level. U can choose to have a secret identity or u can be a known hero. Also, whether u have a secret identity or not u have to keep ur real life name as ur name in the MU. So what would u do?

Creshosk
According to your scale, is that Level 12 or level 20?

armandovalles
level 20. u cant go above level 20, which is normal-Thor-level in my scale of terms of power.

DrDoom101
three powers? superhuman abilities (strength, speed, and durability), electricity, and hulk's healing

Piedmon
It'd be a plus as far as I'm concerned. Sure, there's the odd chance some random supervillain will take out you and your town, but as few superhero epics make it up here to the Northwest I'd be relatively safe.

Plus, science classes would be WAY more interesting with Marvel pseudoscience the norm....

Scoobless
i'd take Invulnerability, Teleportation and Invisibility (off the top of my head... probably change them after some thought)... weapon.... Shatterfists gloves maybe?

i'd go to NY, port into Stark's tower and spill some info (but not everything) to let him know that i know what's goin' on and who's who

i may or may not try to sign up to the Avengers (depends on what they're willing to pay)

pr1983
I'd be a mutant... superstrength, telepathy and speed for me...

and...

id join the xmen... the women... drool

Piedmon
Skimmed over the part where it said I got free powers....

I'd want the ability to fire destructive blasts of splenderific magnitude, super badass strength, and, what the hell..... I'd want to be able to raise the dead to do my bidding.... zombie invazuns 4 teh ween....

Mindship
Hmmm. Powers? The Big Three: strength, speed, invulnerability, in part so I could Do Good (no costume, no special patrols, just Doing Good with less publicity), but also for my own protection. Then I think it would be interesting to contact each of the heroes and let them in on my awareness of their universe (which, in a way, would kinda be like another power, especially if I had knowledge the heroes were not privy to). I'd be curious to their reactions (and I imagine somewhere down the line, villians would find out--hence, the "protection" afforded me by my own powers).

Because of my own powers, and probably mostly because of my awareness of the Bigger Picture, it would be cool knowing I was part of something that, at the very least, spanned two universes (maybe three--arent Marvel heroes aware of the DC universe?)

Knowledge is Power: this arrangement would in a way make one godlike.

Mindship
It just occured to me: isn't (or wasn't) She-Hulk kinda in this position (my understanding is that she is/was the only comic superhero who knew of Our universe)?

long pig
I'd start blackmailing bitches from the get-go.

Probably molest Jubilee.

pr1983
laughing

Swanky-Tuna
I'd pick Hulk-like regeneration, the power to build whatever I want, and transmutation.

That way I can live forever, be forever fit but not have to exercise, and build whatever I want out of anything.

Hello robot girlfriends!

armandovalles
I'd blackmail everyone with a secret identity since i know them all and i would also try to find Galactus and try to convince him to give me the power cosmic added onto my own abilities in exchange for me helping him find worlds to eat and then i would bitchslap his ass. My original powers would be the same thing as the current Genis but weaker (since i said no one above Thor-level ill follow the rules as well, but once i get the power cosmic im gonna be above cuz thats part of my story) to the point where im just below Thor-level (cuz normally Genis is closer to KING Thor level than Normal Thor-level) and then when i get the power cosmic i want him to amplify those abilities.

Scoobless
Galactus wouldn't even acknowledge you..... you'd end up lost in space

willRules
He listens to me, why not armandovalles?

yahman
First I go and stand next to a nuclear explosion,

Id then dig up some metal that turns sounds into physical forms ?

Id then catch a space shuttle into space and get bombarded with cosmic rays.

Id then go back to the orginal sight, to see if any insects had survived (as im in the marvel universe, we are probably talking about 99%) I would then get it to bite me. (As we are in the marvel universe i would recieve every insect power !)

Next stop Stark Entiprises, the Baxter Building and Weapon X. !

I would then attach a small pair of wings to my feet and make my way to Latveria. Where i would proceed to kick Dooms ass.

HigH ScholaR
I would ask ss to give me power cosmic, then inject myself with gamma blood/radiation to have hulk level healing factor

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by HigH ScholaR
I would ask ss to give me power cosmic, then inject myself with gamma blood/radiation to have hulk level healing factor

Why not just state that you want hulk level healing abilities as one of the three abilities you're allowed. If you just injected yourself with Hulks blood you'd die lol.

HigH ScholaR
smart I knew that i was just testing you guys to see if you knew shifty stick out tongue

Creshosk
I would take A synchronises ability that would allow me to duplicate another person's abilities and skill,not theirs knowledge, just powers and abilities of those nearby.
A manipulation of Astral dream energy onto the physical plane.
Omnimorphic ability to become any shape I wanted, including in between states, including chemical and complex mechanical movements.

My Item would be A vibranium/adamantium/uru alloy infused with cosmic energy to enhance its durability even further. In the form of armor.

Now as to what I'd do? Well, first I'd go meet as many superheros as I could, not for blackmail purposes but the let them know that they have a new ally. Then I'd probably go hang out with the X-men. . .

willRules
Originally posted by Creshosk
I would take A synchronises ability that would allow me to duplicate another person's abilities and skill,not theirs knowledge, just powers and abilities of those nearby.
A manipulation of Astral dream energy onto the physical plane.
Omnimorphic ability to become any shape I wanted, including in between states, including chemical and complex mechanical movements.

My Item would be A vibranium/adamantium/uru alloy infused with cosmic energy to enhance its durability even further. In the form of armor.

Now as to what I'd do? Well, first I'd go meet as many superheros as I could, not for blackmail purposes but the let them know that they have a new ally. Then I'd probably go hang out with the X-men. . .

Yeah the X-men are the cool kids on the Marvel block.......specially Miss Frost roll eyes (sarcastic)

Creshosk
Originally posted by willRules
Yeah the X-men are the cool kids on the Marvel block.......specially Miss Frost roll eyes (sarcastic) No, cause I wouldn't have to worry too much about getting my ass kicked.
I'm willing to try to help out the more major league teams, but I'd probably get it handed to me. With the X-men at least its a school where I could try and leanrn how to use my powers better.

willRules
and you get Miss Frost roll eyes (sarcastic)

Creshosk
Originally posted by willRules
and you get Miss Frost roll eyes (sarcastic) ...

Right. . . remind me why I would want her? Other than to help me learn how to use my powers, cause she is an excellent teacher.

black robb
I'd bone Aunt May

willRules
Originally posted by Creshosk

Right. . . remind me why I would want her? Other than to help me learn how to use my powers, cause she is an excellent teacher.

well she is an excellent teacher......... cool

Swanky-Tuna
You're all crazy. I'll turn a bunch of grass and leaves into crazy powerful electronics then build the most insane mechanical suit ever and destroy you all! Then remake you in my image.

Dr. Wasted
i would generate a personal and unique energy field that i can manipulate for a variety of purposes.such as flight up to 900 miles an hour.40 ton strength.impervious to mental attacks due to the unique energy signature of the field.invulnarabilty to to point where i could smash full speed into the hulk and suffer no ill effects.and project the energy of the field outward in the form of concussive blasts on the cylops level.i believe that qualifies as one power. i would take a note from guy gardner by using my real name and not wear a mask. so to attract the ladies.and i would only use my knowledge of the marvel universe only if someone tried to screw me over, and boy would they be sorry. CNN special report we have just learned that international actress and supermodel mary jane watson is the estranged wife of NEW YORK PHOTOGRAPHER PETER PARKER also known as THE AMAZING SPIDERMAN.

Quick Freeze
i would take telepathy, telekinesis, and super speed. and i want a whip!
i'd telepathically tell all the heroes who i am and what i know and just kind of see what happens from there.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
I'd pick Hulk-like regeneration, the power to build whatever I want, and transmutation.

That way I can live forever, be forever fit but not have to exercise, and build whatever I want out of anything.

Hello robot girlfriends!

Wow...I missed Swanky.

laughing out loud

Longshot's luck, healing ability (Hulk or DP), and Mimic's power to copy mutant powers. Then I'd hunt down Franklin Richards (if possible), Magneto, Xavier, and the most powerful mutants on the planet that I could find.

And my weapon? A Green Lantern Ring! Armando never said the weapon had to be from the MU. Combine all this stuff and I might just be beyond Thor (depending on my control over the GL ring) but hopefully it's close enough to be legal. If the ring's illegal I'd take...hmmm...a key to Reed's lab?

And screw the teams. I'd get a sweet costume, an alias, a theme song maybe, and go it solo.

Oh, and I'd hit on absolutely every hot super-babe. All of them. Without exception. Actually, this train of though makes me want to take Gambit's charm powers or something. But Longshot's luck should work just fine in this department...hehe

wannabe
1) I take an elaborate form of Empathy (emotion reading, projection and manipulation; access to the astral plane; psychic attacks and shielding; mental communication; empathic healing of others)

2) I take a healing factor like Logans.

3) I take teleporting powers like those of Magic1

I'd be sort of a loner, rallying gangs of street minions around me to fight organized street crime in any town on earth.

willRules
I would have the luck of the longshot, Xaviers telepathy and shadowcats phasin powers............

i would take the same route as beast took. he joined the X-men, left them for a break, rejoin them, then become an Avenger and an X-man. I would be a reservist avenger though, i dont want too much of the limelight, sorta a b-list celeb superhero. I might do a bit of mercenary work, like Deadpool, then rejoin the X-men for their astonishing style.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.