Best Program for Playing Music

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

RedAlertv2
currently I have WMP. Know any better?

Lana
I personally like iTunes best.

Alpha Centauri
iTunes also.

-AC

koolruningz
I used to use Media Player but now its all iTunes. The only thing that pisses me off about iTunes is that i cant seem to manually shuffle the tracks in my library. Can anyone with more knowledge than i (which isnt hard when it comes to computers) shed some light on this?

StinkFist462
Windows Media Player

Backspace
iTunes

Wolf Dog
Winamp.

Lana
Originally posted by koolruningz
I used to use Media Player but now its all iTunes. The only thing that pisses me off about iTunes is that i cant seem to manually shuffle the tracks in my library. Can anyone with more knowledge than i (which isnt hard when it comes to computers) shed some light on this?

I don't think you can from the library itself, but you can in playlists.

koolruningz
Originally posted by Lana
I don't think you can from the library itself, but you can in playlists.

Thanks, at least im not as dumb as i thought. I keep trying to rip CD's and the track numbers are getting all messed up, weird.

tabby999
my only beef with WMP (which i use) is that more often than not, it'll get the names of songs on my cds wrong...it sucks noodles. but when i get my laptop, iTunes will be the way

Lana
Originally posted by koolruningz
Thanks, at least im not as dumb as i thought. I keep trying to rip CD's and the track numbers are getting all messed up, weird.

Yeah, I've had it mess up tracklistings on me, too; some of my albums will be in alphabetical order instead of track order, but it's not that big a deal and it's easy to fix.

I like iTunes because it's so simple to sort everything in it, and to make new playlists and such.

Alpha Centauri
To sort out the order of tracks to the original setting, click artist in the columns.

-AC

RedAlertv2
I just got Winamp and am gonna give it a try

koolruningz
Yeah i tried that but some of the tracks on the albums feature guest appearances so it jumbles them out of order again. Never mind, its not a big deal.

The Highlord
Winamp 5.0 IMO the best, since it has the best sound and also is the easyest to handle, and it beats down Windows Media Player sooo much, I've done several test with the 2, and Winamp has MUCH better sound, WMP is very overated, the sound lacks everything, bass especialy, it just dosent have that same quality

el_barto
I use Windows Media Player, it's simple and it works.

Lana
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
To sort out the order of tracks to the original setting, click artist in the columns.

-AC

It's not that roll eyes (sarcastic) For some reason it doesn't always save the track order info, so random albums will have the songs sorted in alphabetical order, but most are sorted as they should be. When I go to the song info, the ones that aren't in the right order don't have the track info (ie song 1 of 13) saved.

Tptmanno1
Never had your problem Lana, besides that AC said..
What I do get is ghost sound..
Like I ripped the Queen Greatest Hits CD to itunes, the song names are there, the lengthes are correct and stuff, but no music... Its depressing...

knight
http://www.zdnet.fr/i/edit/pr/2004/06/itunes_enlarged.gif

moshtitan
winamp owns you life.

jaden101
anything...whatever the file is saved as and opens up in...WMP, quicktime, sonic stage,

RedAlertv2
Im actually thinking about going back to WMP. Im jsut so used to it.

Imaginary
Winamp.

RedAlertv2
Is there any way to play songs at half speed using winamp?

Wolf Dog
Use this plugin for it http://www.winamp.com/plugins/details.php?id=12689

The pitch control and tempo control are independent from one another so they don't mess eachother up.

RedAlertv2
^ many thanks buddy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.