Can This Marvel Team Hold Off Doomsday for 24 hours?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Space M ummy
Speedball

The Aquarian

Rom: SpaceKnight

The John Blaze Ghost Rider (No Penance Stare, but has hellfire)

Abyss

They don't have to kill him, but at least one of them has to still be standing after 24 hours.

jgiant
Nope...

Ultimate Ion
No

Adam Warlock
Abyss from Death Metal Comics? That guy eats stars for breakfast and is a powerful reality warper. He alone would take Doomsday.

Space M ummy
Written properly, Speedball and Aquarian should be pretty difficult to damage physically, at least....how long do you give the team?

Adam Warlock
Count Abyss the guy who battled Adam Warlock then?

Adam Warlock
Originally posted by Space M ummy
Written properly, Speedball and Aquarian should be pretty difficult to damage physically, at least....how long do you give the team?

Correct. Speedball absorbed a whole bunch of energy(kinetic) from the Sphinx. That wasn't a normal powered Sphinx either. He was pretty powerful. It will be quite difficult to hurt Speedball.

I don't really know that much about Aquarian though.

Space M ummy
The Abyss that showed up originally in Age of Apocalypse. The other two you mentioned sound badass tho.

**edit**

Here's a brief bio on the Aquarian. Got his powers from a cosmic cube. Interesting abilities- cancels out energy (kinetic and otherwise) within a limited radius. I think his limit is about 500 feet or so.

http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/a/aquarian.htm

Adam Warlock
Originally posted by Space M ummy
The Abyss that showed up originally in Age of Apocalypse. The other two you mentioned sound badass tho.

The Count Abyss:

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix2/countabyssaw.htm

And the Abyss from Marvel UK Death Metal Comics:

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/abysssuk.htm

And you are right, both are bad asses.

Jargon343
Doomsday has shown the ability to cancel out energy as well.

Space M ummy
I'm aware doomsday can cancel out energy based abilities- Aquarian is a little different though. His field (which is perpetually on and can't be shut down, though it can be expanded or contracted) nulls out not just energy based attacks, but superstrength, gravity, and essentially any kinetic activity over the level of a brisk walk...He's like the ultimate pacifist.

Now that I think of it, it's kind of redundant to put him on any kind of a team, since everyone's powers would be rendered useless/inert.

Jargon343
Then I guess it's a matter of whose 'cancelling' power is more...powerful. Will Doomsday cancel Aquarians field or will Aquarians field cancel doomsdays powers? I'm not sure, but I think two negatives will cancel each other out, right? Meaning neither power is extinguished but neither has an effect on the other. But it's certainly possible that my math is off there.

But if that's the case then Doomsday would rip Aquarian to shreds.

Metalmanx
Abyss could do it on his own. He can suck everything into his dimensional gateway thing.

jinzin
that's not holding.. that's transporting...

holding him off? hell no... not when two jl teams and a gl corps could not...

transporting him the hell out of there.. that's reasonable..

Adam Warlock
Any kind of movement causes kinetic energy, especially that of a high class 100.

Hmmmm.. with Aquarian there, his powers alone would probably cancel out Speedball's kinetic energy absorption.

But:

This excerpt from Aquarian's profile did catch my eye:

So would this affect DD as well?

Is DD so adaptive at manipulating energy, that he can cancel out a a being who was augmented by a cosmic cube?

Seems strange since DD couldn't beak out of a single containment cell of a rookie GL:

Originally posted by Beyonder
http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Hal%20Jordan/DA1_34.jpg

http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Hal%20Jordan/DA1_35.jpg

jinzin
again.. there's no evidence to say that GL was a rookie... infact from what we know about the guy he was a green lantern for years and years... What the f**k? how you came to this conclusion I have no idea..

and dd did break out of that chamber.. so i'm not sure what you're trying to prove with that pic either.. AND DD's gone through about 8 or 9 evolutions since then.. and is way more powerful than he was at that moment.. it's a bit of a moot point... like showing a feat that current superman does to claim that pre-crises superman can or can't do something else...

Adam Warlock
If he gets up 500 feet of Aquarian DD's strength will probably dissipate. Does he evolve instantaneously or does it take him awhile? Can he evolution make him able to get through DD's null field?

Any GL that ain't the top five:

Hal
Guy
Kilowog
John
Kyle

Are basically rubbish(Sans the Guardians, their powerful)

C'mon jinzin, you should know that.

jinzin
dude... no... the ring's power relies on will power.. you can't say that not one of those members in a series of thousands of GL's don't hold a candle compared to dd because you have nothing.. NO THING.... to make that assumption with.. and it truly is just an assumption....

meh... dd DID get to the guardians.. and it took all their power to stop him, so that settles that...

Adam Warlock
Originally posted by jinzin

meh... dd DID get to the guardians.. and it took all their power to stop him, so that settles that...

Are you sure?

Can he get through Aquarian's null field?

Adam Warlock
Originally posted by jinzin
dude... no... the ring's power relies on will power.. you can't say that not one of those members in a series of thousands of GL's don't hold a candle compared to dd because you have nothing.. NO THING.... to make that assumption with.. and it truly is just an assumption....

Wait a sec....

Hmmmm....

Thousands of GL's < Superman

And since Superman stopped Doomsday

Guardians = Superman?

Wynndar
Aquarian is a whole different story from a GL. His isnt energy...it is the absence of energy. U realize he's def because sound dissappears once it reaches his field too? This team isn't that random....basically its a team that would make Doomsday's powers rather useless. And either version of Abyss would "delete" DD and his teammates as well.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.