Shaky’s view of Time

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Shakyamunison

debbiejo
It's a pretty box.....cool.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by debbiejo
It's a pretty box.....cool.

I'm glad you have captured the depth of the point. laughing stick out tongue

debbiejo
laughing out loud ...Sorry, I couldn't stop myself.......

I see what your saying, though when I think of time I think of it like a spiral that is in constant movement...ever pushing forward...and not just one spiral but multitudes of them considering what reality you may be in.....I guess my concept of time is a little screwy...hahahahah..like spiral.

Victor Von Doom
It's quite hard to let go of the idea of 'time' as an entity, yet it's also quite an elusive concept, and it only seems normal because it is pervasive.

Even the moving of the hands of a clock is simply a spatial development.

leana marie
nope, no such thing as time, doesnt exist.

jerlark386
Originally posted by leana marie
nope, no such thing as time, doesnt exist.

Does this mean I get to be a KMC member forver?

I don't know, so far I'd say Shaky's view of time is rather ... shaky.

Its interesting you should say that time does'nt feel like space, when space itself does'nt feel like space. Unless you mean to say, you can 'feel' emptiness.
If this dimensional shadow theory holds true, then time itself is (to quote debbiejo) a 'pretty box' sad

confused

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by jerlark386
Does this mean I get to be a KMC member forver?

I don't know, so far I'd say Shaky's view of time is rather ... shaky.

Its interesting you should say that time does'nt feel like space, when space itself does'nt feel like space. Unless you mean to say, you can 'feel' emptiness.
If this dimensional shadow theory holds true, then time itself is (to quote debbiejo) a 'pretty box' sad

confused

It is difficult to talk about time in terms that everyone would understand. I am trying to be short and simple. big grin

jerlark386
Oh well. Atleast I have a pretty box to look at.

Shakyamunison
Oh well. Atleast I have a pretty box to look at.

Here is a 4 dimensional box...

debbiejo
I think of time as a multidimensional lattice...Kinda like a box stuffed with balloons until there is no room or space left in it...and depending on what choices you make pulls you through one line or lattice to the next...like multiple dimensions...Time is just a force pulling through...

Sorry, I don't have pictures of spirals....or a box of balloons... big grin

Victor Von Doom
Does anyone have a time analogy that isn't possible to build with merchandise from Boxes R Us?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
Does anyone have a time analogy that isn't possible to build with merchandise from Boxes R Us?

Why do you have a problem with the tools I use?

Victor Von Doom
Not a fan of boxes. Can be used to hold evil objects.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
Not a fan of boxes. Can be used to hold evil objects.

wtf... ok then... What the f**k?

jerlark386
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
wtf... ok then... What the f**k?

I think he was referring to Pandora's box. A kind of subtle, indirect metaphor to your current theory, I'm guessing.

Which you would put you in a less than favorable position.

Shakyamunison
I think he was referring to Pandora's box. A kind of subtle, indirect metaphor to your current theory, I'm guessing.

Which you would put you in a less than favorable position.

Ya, I told him I liked to mix religion, philosophy and science together, I guess, he served me a curve ball. The only problem is, Pandora's box is mythology, not philosophy.

leana marie
are you so sure of that?

Atlantis001

debbiejo
And time is hard to explain because we view it from the inside looking out...It would be much easier to explain if we were on the outside looking in...If that makes since...

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Atlantis001
But it is like that ! Thats how it is are considered in physics today !

In the theory of relativity, the time is taken as a fourth coordinate, and this way we can consider the universe as being four-dimensional, so we can imagine the universe as a three dimensional volume, projected in the time dimension. But you knew that !

I dunno, string theory- despite the various setbacks- seems promising.

leana marie
time is a made up name the humans gave this thing that is not real and made it real by believing in it. but that doesnt make it real... so its not.

Wonderer
Time is fear of the decay of pressence. Therefor it is fear of too quick or slow movement through space. Ultimately it is merely a feeling and nothing really existent.

Great Vengeance
"Time is decay of presence"...I agree with you wonderer.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Wonderer
Time is fear of the decay of pressence. Therefor it is fear of too quick or slow movement through space. Ultimately it is merely a feeling and nothing really existent.

The problem with your view, as I see it, is, you are assuming that all things move from order to disorder. All things, I believe, are in a constant cycle of rebirth, therefore, order does not lead to disorder but to order.

Great Vengeance
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
The problem with your view, as I see it, is, you are assuming that all things move from order to disorder. All things, I believe, are in a constant cycle of rebirth, therefore, order does not lead to disorder but to order. Who said were moving towards disorder? Im assuming by decay he meant change which could cause disorder but from relative points of view.

Wonderer
Time is eternity. We are on an endless journey through existence. So, time does not really matter, and things that don't matter is just the same as not existing. Things come and go infinitely. Like "A flower dies even though we love it, and a weed grows even though we don't love it." Also, if cause and effect is one and the same, then time has now place in the Karma mode of existence. Well, this is true, at least, if you are Buddhist and if you agree with what I'm saying.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.