AOTC Obi-Wan vs. Yarael Poof

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DrDoom101
Happy Dance

jollyjim311
yarel could make him sick, then puch him down a pit or something.

ps- the dancin' 'nanner really explains alot.

DrDoom101
i didnt know what to put there.

darthsith19
Yeah, I too think Yarael could probably beat Kenobi, what with being a Jedi Master plus a Council member. But it'd be close. Kinda.

P.S. Anyone know how Yarael dies? I know he teamed up with Zam Weasel and Jango fett to do something but that's it.

DrDoom101
really? i thought Sora Bulq killed him.

Se7in
Sora killed Oppo Rancisis. Yareal died while helping Zam and Jango prevent a terrorist attack on Coruscant.

DrDoom101
i nned to get my names straight.

DrDoom101
Originally posted by jollyjim311
yarel could make him sick, then puch him down a pit or something.

ps- the dancin' 'nanner really explains alot.

we're talking about yarael poof not oppo rancicis. Oppo is the jedi that has the sickness Force power

Se7in
Why does everyone think because Yareal is a Council Member, he's immediately a skilled swordsman? Does anyone remember a little Jedi named Coleman Trebor who couldn't deflect five shots?

jollyjim311
yup, yup, gotcha is yarael a good saber fighter?

Se7in
He's a great Force user, but nothing compared to Yoda. In a duel, Obi-Wan takes this easy.

darthsith19
Originally posted by jollyjim311
yup, yup, gotcha is yarael a good saber fighter?
I don't think he's anything special, but he's a powerful Force user. But AOTC Obi-Wan's no god at saber dueling either, so.

Se7in
Obi-Wan was definitely top 12, seeing as he survived the battle, so that's gotta mean something.

Master Dakari
Although the Force can have a strong effect on the weak-minded, Obi-Wan's mind wasn't weak. So, if this - Poof's preferred style of combat - failed, then he would use this....

It says that he carried a lightsaber (singular) but he could have easily used four and been an organic General Grievous counterpart.

Considering that Poof is a Master and on the Council, and AOTC Obi-Wan is a Knight who has not yet mastered any lightsaber combat style...it is my belief that Master Poof would easily defeat Obi-Wan.

P.S. These quotes were all taken from the official Star Wars databank, www.starwars.com.

DrDoom101
Poof has the Force ability, combustion that allows him to explode objects. he can cause obi-wan's lightsaber to explode and then slaughter him.

Darth Faunus
Originally posted by Master Dakari
Although the Force can have a strong effect on the weak-minded, Obi-Wan's mind wasn't weak. So, if this - Poof's preferred style of combat - failed, then he would use this....

It says that he carried a lightsaber (singular) but he could have easily used four and been an organic General Grievous counterpart.

Considering that Poof is a Master and on the Council, and AOTC Obi-Wan is a Knight who has not yet mastered any lightsaber combat style...it is my belief that Master Poof would easily defeat Obi-Wan.

P.S. These quotes were all taken from the official Star Wars databank, www.starwars.com.

Coleman Trebor was a Master on the Concil. 'Nuff said.

Admiral Akbar
True dat

Master Dakari
I never meant to imply that simply because you are a master (and/or on the Council) means that you are some bad ass lightsaber combatant. This has no base of validation.

I was merely stating fact. I completely agree with you in that the fact that Coleman Trebor was a master and on the Council does not negate the fact that he was a Form VI (Niman) practitioner, and every single Form VI combatant died in the Battle of Geonosis.

The fact is that the odds would more or less have gone in Trebor's direction, instead of Obi-Wan's, being as he was a Jedi Master and on the council while Obi-Wan was only a Jedi Knight and still in the process of training his first Padawan. We now know that this is not the case, but odds are just that, odds. Not fixed outcome.

And the facts still remain that Yarael Poof was a Jedi Master, he was on the Jedi Council, he had extreme dexterity, he had four arms which (if wielding lightsabers in each) could devastatingly add to his attacks and defenses, he had two brains which possibly added to his response time and speed in combat, and he was most likely a Form IV (Ataru) practitioner. I say this because it - a little ahead of Niman - was the most common form in use up until TPM.

The official site also states this about Poof, "Yarael Poof's appearance would be comical to most if not for the powerful presence in the Force he exuded."

It never said anything to this nature about Trebor. The only thing Trebor was acknowledged with was his wisdom and insight to solve conflicts and disputes. But strength in the Force and/or in combat? We are led to believe, almost to certainty, that he clearly falls short in these categories.

I'm sorry for making this so long; I just needed to get my point across.

All of the information is there; if you just take the time to read and consider - in context - the things being said.

Darth_Glentract
Where does it say he could be the organic version of GG?

DrDoom101
Originally posted by DrDoom101
Poof has the Force ability, combustion that allows him to explode objects. he can cause obi-wan's lightsaber to explode and then slaughter him.

Darth_Glentract
Only on combustible objects. A lightsaber isn't combustible.

Master Dakari
It doesn't. But Grievous had two arms which could separate and become four. Seeing as Poof had four arms, he could create a similar effect to Grievous's.

Also, it is actually quite possible that this specific design aspect may have even been copied from Yarael Poof. But this is never stated or eluded to, so it is only speculation on my part.

Deus Ex
This hinges on a lot of speculation on Poof's abilities, since we have seen AOTC Obi-Wan. He's not half bad, really. But just because he has four arms doesn't mean he can use them as easily as Grievious. The hands on a human use a good portion of mental brainpower to coordinate and operate. HAving four arms (Even with two brains) is one hell of a coordination effort. This is speculation on the way his nervous system acts, the limits of his dexterity, and whether or not he trained with and carried more than one lightsaber (Which it does say he only used one). So really, this amounts to little.

Fishy
Well we can assume he was able to use all four arms... Not necessarily be good with four lightsabers but he had to be able to use all four arms.

Deus Ex
Fishy, you have two arms. Can you use both equally effective with two weapons of about three foot length? Imagine using four arms with those deadly weapons and NOT cutting yourself. It would require intense focus and training, the likes of which no PT jedi ever underwent nor neccessarily needed before the Clone Wars.

Fishy
Ohh hell no, I said he probably couldn't use it good. But he could use it, I mean he has four arms he has to know how to operate them all at the same time. But unless he had extensive training with weapons in all four arms its not going to do him any good in this fight. And I see no evidence of that so giving him four weapons will probably only hurt him more. But he can do it i'm sure of that.

masterkit
Isnt Yarael the one who make people see their worst fear and he's not using the force to do it. Its from his Speices.

If im wrong please correct me.

darthsith19
Originally posted by Se7in
Obi-Wan was definitely top 12, seeing as he survived the battle, so that's gotta mean something.
Dude, Anakin was nearly as good a dueler as he was in AOTC. He started training with a whole new fighting style for crying out loud and wasn't very good with it yet. And at least 20 Jedi were in the survivor's circle. And that doesn't include Yoda and Depa Billiba, who were alive but not in the circle.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.