New SW movie? Ever?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tru_Slice
What would you guys like to see in a new, if any SW movie?

Tangible God
A total lack of modern stars that revolve around the glitz of Tinseltown. It's that same reason I liked the OT so much more

DrDoom101
the clone wars cartoons merged together

SS_181st_Snow
Originally posted by DrDoom101
the clone wars cartoons merged together

The clone wars cartoons merged together wouldn't be enough to make a movie. WTF is with just 5 minutes? The EP 3 teaser trailor, which I watched every day before I saw the movie, was longer than an episode of Clone Wars.

DeVi| D0do
There wont be any more movies nor should there be.

Darth_Veav
I wanna see KOTOR movies.

Sesse
Kotors are interactive movies already.

Nactous
Originally posted by Darth_Veav
I wanna see KOTOR movies.
Here, here.

Nactous
Originally posted by Sesse
Kotors are interactive movies already.
Yet, this is also true, bravo man.

Revan Souer
Maybe a movie around the Mandor wars, seeing Revan turn would ge pretty cool. And thou the kotor games are kinda like interative movies it still would be ten times better than the prequels. Also it would stop the urguing about what is the right ending to the game

Fishy
You guys are crazy, a movie about the Kotor Era would suck...

There is just no way its going to be like you think it should be, let alone stand want it to be.

BornToRule
about Jedi academy i think

Orestes
Not if Lucas directs.

Actually, just please God no. Period. Let mangled dogs lie.

Tangible God
Originally posted by Fishy
You guys are crazy, a movie about the Kotor Era would suck...

There is just no way its going to be like you think it should be, let alone stand want it to be. 'Bout time someone said that. A KoToR movie would ruin what dignity remains in Hollywood, and destroy Lucas.

Tru_Slice
What about a major Fanfilm? Like a new Revalations or something?

Zachara
Bah, anything by Zahn might go well on screen, but otherwise, I'd rather leave the movies as they are. .. and if they do make others (however extremely unlikely as it would be) I hope Lucas knows he shouldn't write the script ever again....EVER.

I don't really know about any major fanfilm... and frankly, I don't think many people would want to see any fanfilm because they're just that: "FAN" films. You talk about that to anyone outside the Star Wars community and they will start laughing about how some people are totally obsessed with an imaginary universe.

It's a very stereotypical thought trend, but even I am very sceptical about fanfilms, probably because I have yet to actually see a good one that doesn't make Portman in ROTS look like an academy award winning actress.

overlord
I would think a movie about the jedi academy would be fun, as long as there are no stupid dark jedi, I rather have them find some sith holocron or something and have new sith again, yippie!

exanda kane
Originally posted by Zachara
Bah, anything by Zahn might go well on screen, but otherwise, I'd rather leave the movies as they are. .. and if they do make others (however extremely unlikely as it would be) I hope Lucas knows he shouldn't write the script ever again....EVER.

I don't really know about any major fanfilm... and frankly, I don't think many people would want to see any fanfilm because they're just that: "FAN" films. You talk about that to anyone outside the Star Wars community and they will start laughing about how some people are totally obsessed with an imaginary universe.

It's a very stereotypical thought trend, but even I am very sceptical about fanfilms, probably because I have yet to actually see a good one that doesn't make Portman in ROTS look like an academy award winning actress.

Yes, Yes, Yes - you are 100% right...
Although I have to see the propsect of the Mandalorian Wars on screen is a nice one but not an achievable one...

Fishy
If anybody would make it, it should show the real things that happened there, the cruelty's of that war were far greater then anything that ever happened on this planet. I don't think there is a chance in hell of anybody making that like it was portraid in Kotor.

Tangible God
People should just drop the fanfilms, they distort our personal image of "inbetween events."

Fishy
Nobody is forcing you to watch them, or to accept them as EU material... So really let them make it all they want you really shouldn't give a shit about it.

Tangible God
Noones forcing you to read what I said or to accept my dislike of fanfilms. So really, let me say what I want about it and you shouldn't really give a shit.

Tru_Slice
Originally posted by overlord
I would think a movie about the jedi academy would be fun, as long as there are no stupid dark jedi, I rather have them find some sith holocron or something and have new sith again, yippie!

That is exactly what I will be doing.

I am making and staring in my film which will be based on the events on JKA. We're gonna be a bunch of no-name Jedi, but the action will be worth it.

I'm not like the typical dork who drools over Lucas' new material (EP III) and faints over it because...IT'S STAR WARS!

No. I am not like that. I will try to preserve what originaly made Star Wars cool. (one-liners, guns, dogfights, saber fights, action, Han Solo, ect.)

I'm gonna make this film because I belive that I can pull it off. I'm not gonna impress you with super-budgeted special effects, but rather use simplicity to get the point across.

On that note, you guys are welcome to comment on that.

Veneficus
Originally posted by Tru_Slice

I am making and staring in my film which will be based on the events on JKA. We're gonna be a bunch of no-name Jedi, but the action will be worth it.

I'm not like the typical dork who drools over Lucas' new material (EP III) and faints over it because...IT'S STAR WARS!

No. I am not like that. I will try to preserve what originaly made Star Wars cool. (one-liners, guns, dogfights, saber fights, action, Han Solo, ect.)

I'm gonna make this film because I belive that I can pull it off. I'm not gonna impress you with super-budgeted special effects, but rather use simplicity to get the point across.

I look foward to seeing the finished product.

Tru_Slice
Yeah...me too.

SnakeEyes
Whoa! Me too!

overlord
Originally posted by Tru_Slice

Do remember to really portray your enemies in your story as assholes so people will enjoy seeing them die, maybe annoying enemies like Jar Jar! Hahaha!! But never just make your main characters kill some random enemy, you should really try to make the enemy come across undefeatable to make the story exciting.
I would love to read an excerpt of your story.

exanda kane
Dude - if your gonna use high budget affects why don't you just make your own film - it culd become a cult classic and you culd get rich and then make some dodgy fan films...

Tru_Slice
Originally posted by exanda kane
Dude - if your gonna use high budget affects why don't you just make your own film - it culd become a cult classic and you culd get rich and then make some dodgy fan films...

I said that I WASN"T going to use high budget effects.

And it is my own film.

(Co-owned with my friends.)

Darth Orcus
Hmmm... One I'd like to see would include a new recurring Sith manipulator = Me.

Tangible God
Yeah, you wish that.

badboyjedi
I would like to see the new jedi order books on the big screen or i think it would kick a** if theymade the FIRST and in my eyes the only KOTOR as a movie for accuracys sake

Fierce Deity
I would love it if GL made 3 more movies, just to complete his dream. Though I don't know where he'd put them, because EU pretty much controles the stuff after ROTJ... though I have heard rumors that they will all be made into 3D movies... but so far that's just rumors, and I won't put mutch stock into them untill I see the proof for myself.

Darth Traya
Mandalorian Wars would be 18 rated. The blood and terror would have to be shown for the nature of the war to be conveyed properly.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.