Next-Gen Controllers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tru_Slice
Here's the Xbox 360 controller:

Tru_Slice
Here's the Revolution controller:

Tru_Slice
...!

here:

Tru_Slice
And the PS3 controller:

StinkFist462
.. we know

DarkC
I personally think that the 360 is the best...it's cool powering on your Xbox with a touch of the quadrant button.

Tru_Slice
Hear that Stinkfist? It's the lazy man's on button.

JKozzy
You've forgotten the Revolution's addon stick out tongue

http://img307.imageshack.us/img307/5168/handsontherevolutioncontroller4.th.jpg
Click for a (much) larger picture.

StinkFist462
?

Revolution looks best and more "fun". IMO

DarkC
Originally posted by Tru_Slice
Hear that Stinkfist? It's the lazy man's on button.
It's called 'convenience'.

Tru_Slice
Originally posted by StinkFist462
.. we know

What he said.

DarkC
So far, you're one to object to the remote 'on' button. If you want exercise so bad, there is a manual on button on the console. Make use of it.

moogle_xenocide
the revolutions controller looks cool.

Tru_Slice
Why don't they make it like a Gun-Com or something? Something a bit more weildly?

DarkC
Why don't they make it like a Gun-Com or something? Something a bit more weildly?
Because it's wieldy enough as it is. It's far more flexible than either the PS3's or the 360's.

Tru_Slice
I'll see how flexible it is when I step on it and it snaps like a twig.

Tru_Slice
What I'm saying is that it is a good idea, but a bad controller.

DarkC
Now who in their right mind would purposely step on the controller just to prove a point? Go ahead and do it when it comes out. That's $49 out of your wallet, not mine.

Tru_Slice
$49! Now I'm definately not buying it!

DarkC
For a replacement controller....

JKozzy
It's a pretty damn advanced controller, too.

Tru_Slice
Are you saying that the replacement is more than the one that comes with it?

StinkFist462
.. are you dumb?

Tru_Slice
(*sigh*) No Stink, I am not dumb. The point I am making is hat the controller is expensive compared to the other ones. I know it is advanced, but it is not advanced enough aparently.

DarkC
What do you expect Nintendo to say? "We're sorry that the Revolution controller does not meet your demands."? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Get with the times. You can't always have what you want.

hotsauce6548
Xbox 360 controller looks comfortable, and the more I read about the Revolution controller, the more excited I get...

However...

The PS3 controller = shit

StinkFist462
the 360 controller looks the worst out of all of them. imo

hotsauce6548

What makes you say that?

I found the controller S to be extremely comfortable, and they seemed to have built upon the S and improved. Plus, GameInformer said it was great. big grin

DarkC
Why?

Personally I think the PS3 one looks weird. It looks like one of those old Logitech controllers except with the two 'handles' hyperextended. I mean, what's the point in that?

snake_eyes616
they all look like shit to me but if I had to pick one I would go with Xbox.

Alpha Centauri
So...Xbox is the same, but white. Impressive if colours impress you.

Who designed the PS3 one? Rolf Harris?

-AC

snake_eyes616
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

No, Its the only one that doesnt look like it will give me carpal tunnel syndrome.

Alpha Centauri
As I said before:

-AC

DarkC
As I said before:

-AC
Maybe not exactly the same, shape-wise. Look a little more closely; some changes are meant to be a little more subtle but will make their prescence known a lot better once you actually take hold of it.

http://www.freevideogames.com/Content/Admin/Products/3/126322_Image.jpghttp://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41141000/jpg/_41141351_360_controller02.jpg

snake_eyes616
As I said before:

-AC

What the f**k? whatever.

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by DarkC
Maybe not exactly the same, shape-wise. Look a little more closely; some changes are meant to be a little more subtle but will make their prescence known a lot better once you actually take hold of it.

http://www.freevideogames.com/Content/Admin/Products/3/126322_Image.jpghttp://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41141000/jpg/_41141351_360_controller02.jpg

Looks a bit cheapo I feel.

DarkC
It looks shaped to fit the hand a little better so you don't have to close your hand as much; it's like the original Xbox controller's comfortability with the buttons within easy reach.

El_NINO
um any pic that comes from IGN about new hardware I tend to just skip cause they are not very accurate. Especially when the XBOXB controller has been unvieled already. Oh and for the New XBOX controller, it will have 4 trigger buttons instead of 2

Wolf Dog
The new X-Box controller looks like Microsoft blatantly copied off everyones controller. They tried to extend the controller vertically like Sony's and of course if El Nino is right, having 4 shoulder buttons. They also copied analog triggers from Sega. Really its just a fusion of the Dreamcast controller and Sony's. They haven't put any originality into their controller. It sucks wink

Silverstein
ya the PS3's controller is original but no one likes it...while the revolution's is a remote controll and its all of a sudden original wtf, how come no one likes sony

El_NINO
Well Nintendos controller is original in that no one else has come up with the idea of modelling it after a tv remote. This way the demographics is geered to everyone, doesnt take much of a geniuse to pic up a tv remote and learn how to use it, we all do it when we get a new tv. Wether it will catch on quickly we really dont know until it comes out, they might have to bring in a new controller that looks more traditional if the new one fails.

DarkC
Things don't always have to be original, as long as it's versatile.

hotsauce6548
Originally posted by Silverstein
ya the PS3's controller is original but no one likes it...while the revolution's is a remote controll and its all of a sudden original wtf, how come no one likes sony

Because the PS3 controller looks like a retarded banana?

Just my guess...

DarkC
Originally posted by hotsauce6548
Because the PS3 controller looks like a retarded banana?

Just my guess...
Funny way of putting it....laughing

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Silverstein

Since when did elongating the handles of a controller- that itself wasn't original- constitute originality?

DarkC
And it doesn't exactly look built for the hand either...

Tru_Slice
Simply put, the PS3 controller looks like a boomerang.

That being said, if you ever get frustrated and chuck it, you know that it'll come back to you.

hotsauce6548
Originally posted by DarkC
And it doesn't exactly look built for the hand either...

Nope. It's for a monkey's hand.

Hence, the banana. stick out tongue

Tha C-Master
Simply put, the PS3 controller looks like a boomerang.

That being said, if you ever get frustrated and chuck it, you know that it'll come back to you. yes

Tru_Slice
This thing...

...reminds me of a famliar Foster's commercial...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.