Greatest Tales Ever Told

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SlimYout
What games do you believe delivered the best overall story? Is their one in particular that remains your favorite after all these years?
(Narrative, dialog, originality, well-developed characters etc.)

Nostalgia in 10..9.........

powerfulone1987
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy X-2

The Highlord
The Might And Magic Series
Warcraft Series
and ofcourse the Eldar Scrolls Series

SlimYout
Is Elder Scrolls for Xbox? My vote goes to Metal Gear Solid.

The Highlord
Yes you can get the latest title in the series called Morrowind for Xbox, the other 2 are older but IMO they are better

SlimYout
Quick summary if you sir? (Elder Scrolls, Morrowind)
I hear some people say that Final Fantasy VII is/has the best storyline. What does everyone think?

The Highlord
Play the warcrafts they are fun and easy to get into, also the story is very good, and it never gets boring when i say the warcrafts I mean all the warcrafts exsept World Of Warcraft, Elder Scrolls on the other hand is a bit more complex and takes ages to complete, tho it has a good story line, same can be said about Might And Magic, you could try the Forgotten Realms games tho, Baldurs Gate, Icewind Dale and so on, alsoa game called Sacred is very good.

Tru_Slice
Metroid.

The hardest, and the most rewarding game on the NES.

And by rewarding, I mean seeing Samaus in a bikini and the end of the game...

SlimYout
So Highlord, what category would those games fall into? Sounds like you really know your stuff. Thanks for the recommendations. Really Tru Slice? That is damn fine reward. Does anyone think Final Fantasy VII takes the top spot?

Beelzebuu
Final Fantasy VII is overrated. It deserves praise, but people take it too far.

IMO Shadow Hearts II has the best story ever told. That's not really nostalgia, but it's one hellava ride. You really get into Yuri's core persanolity and the ending is confusing, even you play through the game to see both of them.

The Highlord
Well Warcraft 1 and 2+ the exspansion are good ol Stradegy games, Warcraft 1 is sorta like Dune2, Warcraft 2 + the exspansion is sorta like Starcraft(same developer hehe) Warcraft 3 is a little bit different, it has some role playing elemets to it, and is my fav out of the 3. Now the Eldar Scrolls is a role play game series, now if you havint played any role play games before I do not advise you to play it, cause its a bit complex and you will need lots of free time to finish it this year, dont know if its possible to do that even, specialy Eldar Scrolls 2 Daggerfal, its huge, I've never even seen the whole game! some ppl claim its the same size as the whole ENGLAND! yes its true that big, you can do lots of things there, but it gets to the point where you are wondering what do I do now, since there are so many possibiltys, say you can buy a house if you want, a ship and sail the seas? NO PROBLEM you can do that saswell, also I wanna let you in on some basic info about the very first Eldar Scrolls called Arena, you can use 2500 magical items, there are 150.000 word story, 400 cities, 18 classes, 8 races, trawel trough snow, doungeons, you name it, and tis game was made in 1993, and its in 3D, first person perspective, its very impressive, it takes ages to complete, also 1 of the 1000 cool things in these games, you can go to the inn and listen to the ppl there, some will give you hints about lost treasures, others will give you hint about the end game quest, others will tell you of ppl that can guide you further, others willt ell you about some big happeining, and all kinds of stuff, I can go on all day about this series, but I'l stop here, Might And Magic, is in the same vain, it also has 3D prespective and you can use tons of magical items and all sorts, go as far as you can almust imagine, and so forth, you wanna good game that isint that hard to get into try Baldurs Gate1 and 2, after that try Icewind Dale, also be sure to at least try out Warcraft3, it has some pretty intence story big grin

SlimYout
Eldar Scrolls sounds worthy Highlord. I actually haven't played any rpgs' in a while. But I would like play some when I get the opportunity. For a game that was made in 1993, that's a big, big world. This was obviously a PC games correct? Thanks Beelzebuu. I hear so many people saying the same thing. They say Sephiroth is the best villain, Cloud is the best, and it had the best music. Why can't they admit to any flaws? Huh, why? It deserves credit and all, but people need not be fanboys and admit its not the perfect gem they make it out to be.

The Highlord
yeah its for PC, but there is just 1 thing, if you above win98 you'l not be able to run the first 2 games sad it needs to be run at a dos operative system, and the oprative systems above win 98 only have MS-DoS promt, not the real thing, so you can play them unless you have a older pc, its very sad since these games are very good.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.