love

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

tax
We claim to have found the true meaning of love. Then tell me why is there so much struggle and turmoil in this world?

debbiejo
Jealousy...

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by tax
We claim to have found the true meaning of love. Then tell me why is there so much struggle and turmoil in this world?

Misunderstanding, a lack of communication...

jerlark386
We love turmoil?

moogle_xenocide
Originally posted by tax

it's false love and false happiness.the trust we have is minute and invisible.we sign treaties we know we will break.lies are the foundation and destruction of life.were blinded but being blind allows us to be peaceful and happy.big grin

tax
How do we nuture the true love that binds us all or is it just impossible to do so? Are we doomed to live in this world where jealousy and misunderstanding continuously dresses itself as a false love?

Storm
Some philosophers have argued that the death and destruction of war are necessary components to a meaningful life or even the ability to love.

Life as mere existence isn' t very important. Instead, what is important is a life worth living. It is in people' s interests to preserve their life, but also aspects of life which give it significance: land, family, ideas, value, religion, etc.

Meaningful existence for human beings entails a willingness to preserve those aspects of human life which give it meaning. People are willing to fight, die and kill for their values.

A similar argument is made in defense of the idea that the willingness to engage in violence, even to the point of war, is part of our capacity as humans to love one another.

The ability to love someone requires that we be willing to defend that person. If we allow that person to be harmed or killed, then it would be difficult for an observer to conclude that we really do love. Defending another person whom we love may entail doing that which is otherwise abhorrent to us. One example might be to die for that person - to accept their fate as our own, in other words. Another might be to kill for that person - to act in their defense by killing a person who threatens to kill them.

debbiejo
Originally posted by tax
How do we nuture the true love that binds us all or is it just impossible to do so? Are we doomed to live in this world where jealousy and misunderstanding continuously dresses itself as a false love?

That's because real love is UNCONDITIONAL, it asks nothing of anyone else...It does not push, nor try to change the other, nor ridicule, hold grudges. But only places it's self second for the better of the other.

tax
Originally posted by Storm
Life as mere existence isn' t very important. Instead, what is important The ability to love someone requires that we be willing to defend that person. If we allow that person to be harmed or killed, then it would be difficult for an observer to conclude that we really do love. Defending another person whom we love may entail doing that which is otherwise abhorrent to us. One example might be to die for that person - to accept their fate as our own, in other words. Another might be to kill for that person - to act in their defense by killing a person who threatens to kill them.

Hey Storm, who is that observer you are talking about? You see that observer is actually you. The thinker and his thought are not different but yet we try to separate them. Do not draw a line of demarcation between the observer with the observed. They are actually the same. What you think is you. If you separate them, that it will only bring conflict and therefore hinders us from finding the meaning of love.

tax
Originally posted by debbiejo
That's because real love is UNCONDITIONAL, it asks nothing of anyone else...It does not push, nor try to change the other, nor ridicule, hold grudges. But only places it's self second for the better of the other.

Hey debbiejo, have you experienced true love ?Or is that explanation above a preconcieved notion about love? Because if you have ideas about love, surely it will deprieve you of experiencing true love. You say that love does not push, nor try to change the other, nor ridicule, hold grudges. Are you saying that if something conforms to that pattern, it is love? Isn't that so rigid?

debbiejo
Have I experienced true love in that manor for myself?....Not really, but have on occasions to some degree...Usually love, I find is more "This person is just not right, and how can I change them."..I accept that many cannot truly give of themselves to do so for another..Then it turns into nagging the person to death...I believe a person should be accepted and free to be who she/he is...If both do that then I believe it can only grow...Love should not be conditional...Like if you change, I'll accept and love your so much more...If you do this, then you will please me and then I'll know that you love me....To me that is not Unconditional love.....Love is also letting a person go if they're not happy....It has no restraints......There are many types of love, just most have conditions to it....Most of us have experience that one...But there are others who have found a real treasure...

And I also agree with Storm...Love is also defending a person...whether from harm or harsh words....When it comes to harsh words I'm usually defending myself....Because I care about myself and have to protect myself even if no one else does feel the need to help me out....But hey, it's made me a much stronger person...And NO..I don't judge for that....People are who they are, some just can't see what it does to other person...

tax
Debbiejo, I agree when you say that you have to allow that person to leave if he/she wants to because that person doesn't belong to you. If you do, it shows that your love would have been built on jealousy. However, when you say that you love yourself and have to protect yourself, it is not out of love you are doing it. It is an act of protecting yourself. You see, the mind has deviced many methods to prevent one from seeing what is and hence experiencing love. Do not protect yourself from harsh words. Instead receive it and question yourself, am I truly what he/she says? Remember, only in the house of negativity can there be a positive outcome.

leana marie
no man, what are you thinking? there is no such thing as love... love is just a made up thing by the media to help sell valentines day cards, and make people spend money on children that shouldnt exist.

debbiejo
Originally posted by tax
. Do not protect yourself from harsh words. Instead receive it and question yourself, am I truly what he/she says? Remember, only in the house of negativity can there be a positive outcome.

laughing out loud

Have you taken physiology?...Cause I have...LOL....

The harsh words I'm talking about are Slams that one does to another to build the other up...Not true words of wisdom...They are generally words of jealousy or come from a insecure place.....Those words of wisdom I always give thought to...Also, I do consider what people tell me...have to you know...from the one scripture that says "Reproof comes from a friend." And sometimes a person can't see the forest for the trees, so I give that thought also...yep.

debbiejo
^^^OH, I meant psychology.....LOL

Storm
Originally posted by tax
Hey Storm, who is that observer you are talking about? You see that observer is actually you. The thinker and his thought are not different but yet we try to separate them. Do not draw a line of demarcation between the observer with the observed. They are actually the same. What you think is you. If you separate them, that it will only bring conflict and therefore hinders us from finding the meaning of love.
Don' t make the assumption that the observer I was talking about would be me.

tax
Originally posted by Storm
Don' t make the assumption that the observer I was talking about would be me.

Then who is it?

tax
Originally posted by leana marie
no man, what are you thinking? there is no such thing as love... love is just a made up thing by the media to help sell valentines day cards, and make people spend money on children that shouldnt exist.

The reason you are checking out this thread suggests that you want to find out the meaning of love. Hence you believe in it.

tax
^^^OH, I meant psychology.....LOL

psychology + love =?
How do they equate?

debbiejo
Originally posted by tax
psychology + love =?
How do they equate?

Psychology as in what I said about this...

laughing out loud

The harsh words I'm talking about are Slams that one does to another to build the other up...Not true words of wisdom...They are generally words of jealousy or come from a insecure place......

big grin smart

big gay kirk
Its because "love " has no "higher meaning," despite our attempts to give it one.... we imagine that "love" is something special simply because we are told we are not animals.... in fact, "falling in love" is simply a mating signal.... "love," whether of the family or of others, is a herd-protection function.... just as "hate" and "fear" are.....

Great Vengeance
Exactly, we presume love is something higher than it is because our lives are centered around the continuition of the species which means mating.

tax
I just hope that people will realise that the so called 'love' they are talking about is false.

leana marie
no the reason im checking out this thread is cause its there... unlike love... which isnt...

Hostage
Love make people do crazy things erm

tax
I just hope we can be free from the false love.

jOHN_Anderton
I believe a person should be accepted and free to be who she/he is...If both do that then I believe it can only grow...Love should not be conditional....It has no restraints......There are many types of love, just most have conditions to it...People are who they are, some just can't see what it does to other person...

Ahem. Excuse me...

Where have you been all of my life? big grin

http://img417.imageshack.us/img417/4199/rh25nw.jpg

Wonderer
Suffering in this world comes from egoism/selfishness/self-centeredness.

If everyone simply started to have compassion for all other people, then the world would have been a peacefull and loving place.

debbiejo
yes ..yep...unconditional....seeing the positives and starting one person at a time....Hey...maybe it would even catch on..

badboy2004
yeah

Biscuit
Originally posted by tax
tell me why is there so much struggle and turmoil in this world? everything comes in pairs...without stuggle and turmoil there wolud be no love, it only exists because it has an opposite. If there was no evil there would be no good, no pain - no pleasure and no hate - no love

StrangeDays
Originally posted by Biscuit
everything comes in pairs...without stuggle and turmoil there wolud be no love, it only exists because it has an opposite. If there was no evil there would be no good, no pain - no pleasure and no hate - no love

Some would say love has no opposite ... some would say that the opposite of love is fear ... some would say that fear isn't really an opposite but a distortion of love.

Love as an energy expressed as love or fear still = love

debbiejo
Originally posted by StrangeDays
Some would say love has no opposite ... some would say that the opposite of love is fear ... some would say that fear isn't really an opposite but a distortion of love.

Love as an energy expressed as love or fear still = love

Though I tend to agree...and every thing seems to stem from opposites...Love=fear....there are sub categories......To know love, you must feel the lose of it....which means pain...sorrow...emptiness...etc.

Like the song "love hurts."

DanieLs_4_Ever
Originally posted by tax
Too much
-Abuse,
-Jealousy,
-Cheating,
-And pretty much a loss of interest.

jOHN_Anderton
Originally posted by tax

Because the collective "we" has not discovered Love. In fact, imo MOST people (including myself) have never experienced real Love, just love, that is to say, minor variations of True Love, something with value no doubt, but something of a lower order, diluted and temporal.

Also, imo, the reason we pair up as bf/gf or man & wife, aside from the obvious physiological drive to procreate, is because we instinctively sense that the answer to all these questions, to all the turmoil that essentially springs from out of mortal state of existence, can be found in the deep seated, almost scary deep Love that is always possible between a man and a woman. Not only do we compliment each other in a purely phisical or anatomical manner, there is also the possibility for union at the other end of the physical --> quantum --> spiritual spectrum. I mean, I can't even imagine how that would change one's world view, change the very definition of who or what "you" are. Idk, I only intuit these things, but if I go by my 'gut' feelings, I believe I'm on to something. My feeling is that real Love is a kind of Rosetta stone for a new age dawning, in this new century, this 3rd millennium. Actual selfless Love is almost completely uncharted territory but may in fact be the next logical step, the one that provides a doorway out of this morass, out of this limited life and in a very real sense, holds the promise for a means to feedback and perfect our world for the better and for the good of everyone. To think that the solutions to most of humanity's problems begins with surrender, with our falling into the arms and truely Loving hearts of those who Love us sounds so ridiculous, so trite, so romantic and yet . . . so True! For the very first time in the history of our species we have or are developing the technological capability to solve any problem in time. Why we don't, is because there is a vital term missing from the equations as currently applied, and without it nothing seems to be working. Even the best laid plans seem to be frustrated. While it's impossible to love everyone on earth, and who would want to, it IS possible, and I would say NECESSARY the everyone Love one other. Out of the transcendent miracle of True Loveas experienced between you and you're one other, we may then reach a point where together we courageously turn to face the world-at-large and begin to enrich it with something of that which we find in inexhaustible supply between each other. A generalized and sporadic or random outpouring of love as such, is certain to make this world a significantly better place to be. An intended, focused, patterned or specifically directed confluence of Love might be a force unstoppable, a new for of energy that can cure disease, vaporize planet killing asteroids and even move mountains, if needs be must. Two things about this: (1) this kind of Force would be self regulating i.e. dissipates if the intentions aren't pure and selfless. (2) how much Fun is it when the most profound thing you can do, for yourself and for the world-at-large, is to Love your betrothed?

StrangeDays
... sounds good on paper ... good luck with that Mr Anderton
rock

debbiejoe ... I know what you mean .... love is a paradox
and life, the universe and the world as we know it for that matter
OMG blink

blowup

jOHN_Anderton
... sounds good on paper ... good luck with that Mr Anderton

If not that, then whats the point? Why not continue onward by oneself?

btw. awesome blowup smilie!!!!

and, what's the matter?

StrangeDays
Originally posted by jOHN_Anderton
If not that, then whats the point? Why not continue onward by oneself?

btw. awesome blowup smilie!!!!

and, what's the matter?

Well .... what is the point. I guess we all have to work that out at some time or another. And sometimes the 'point' can maybe change.

I kind of like the concept that you mentioned in your previous post. Who knows, maybe its actually possible. I guess it is up to individuals to decide whether it is worth persuing or not.

why did I post a blowup smilie? ... the paradox of love does my head in!!!

boxed2

jOHN_Anderton
Aw. Yeah, ditto. In fact I got a headache now. Hey, what time is it there! Shouldn't you be sleeping by now?

jOHN_Anderton
nevermind - i got it - right now it's tomorrow at 2:20 PM for you all in Australia!

jOHN_Anderton
why did I post a blowup smilie? ... the paradox of love does my head in!!!boxed2

Aww. So here's something to distract you with! Its called: Carefree Sunshine

http://img161.imageshack.us/img161/3551/carefreesunshine4c8wv.jpg

Naib
Originally posted by tax
We claim to have found the true meaning of love. Then tell me why is there so much struggle and turmoil in this world? How very boring our world and our lives would be if there were none.

jOHN_Anderton
what, you like turmoil? not enough of it for you out there yet?

not good enough that you're youth is going to fly by at the speed of life and much sooner than you know you will ponder your mortality for the first time, soon after that probably die of a heart attack, become an idiot from a stroke or slip into a painful oblivion from cancer or altzheimers disease, parkinsons or for you, perhaps, aids!

not enough turmoil yet? ok. . .

then HERE!

http://img332.imageshack.us/img332/2619/mushroomcloud1tx.jpg

Shakyamunison
what, you like turmoil? not enough of it for you out there yet?

not good enough that you're youth is going to fly by at the speed of life and much sooner than you know you will ponder your mortality for the first time, soon after that probably die of a heart attack, become an idiot from a stroke or slip into a painful oblivion from cancer or altzheimers disease, parkinsons or for you, perhaps, aids!

not enough turmoil yet? ok. . .

then HERE!

Your Avatar is back to being normal and not a flame. Very interesting...

Why do you get so angry sometimes?

jOHN_Anderton
why r you so mindless?

Shakyamunison
why r you so mindless?

But I am not.

Why do you get so angry?

jOHN_Anderton
why do i not rip your heart out of you tiny chest and hold it before you so that it becomes the last conscious thing that registers before you go screaming off into oblivion, realizing only then that i was right and your fairy tale beliefs about nirvana and buddhist reincarnation were wrong?

i'll tell you why not. because i'm just not that kind of a guy and could never do that to another human being, even one as annoying as you. so show some appreciation and leave me the fk alone. stop hounding me or do you really believe you're that untouchable?

debbiejo
I can feel the love here.. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Maya Zurak
I think Love is something inside us
first you have to find the love in you and then share it
with with your people, a pet, music...whatever

Love is happiness.

debbiejo
Joy, yes...

Barakus
i believe love is an emotion that is not regarded in hogh enough aweness.. its power can create or destroy anything.. what other emotion can be shared between anything, a husband and wife, a brother and sister.. a woman and a pair of shoes... love is all around people, embrace!

Barakus
Originally posted by Maya Zurak
I think Love is something inside us
first you have to find the love in you and then share it
with with your people, a pet, music...whatever

Love is happiness.

i agree right up untill the last line... love is only happiness when its returned

tax
Originally posted by Barakus
i believe love is an emotion that is not regarded in hogh enough aweness.. its power can create or destroy anything.. what other emotion can be shared between anything, a husband and wife, a brother and sister.. a woman and a pair of shoes... love is all around people, embrace!

There is no love, only desire

AOR
Originally posted by tax

Somebody didn't read the manual...

Barakus
Originally posted by tax
There is no love, only desire

perhaps... but what about a couple who have been together like a bazzillion years? is it desire? i dont believe so, i believe thats love. They've found total understanding and have dedicated their lives to each others happiness... i think thats greater than desire

AOR
perhaps... but what about a couple who have been together like a bazzillion years? is it desire? i dont believe so, i believe thats love. They've found total understanding and have dedicated their lives to each others happiness... i think thats greater than desire

That or they think they have something to live for...sadening truly

Barakus
Originally posted by AOR
That or they think they have something to live for...sadening truly

so what is it called when someones main purpose is the voluntary devoution to his/her partners happiness.. not desire, he/she has no lust for anything else other than to make the loved one happy?

AOR
so what is it called when someones main purpose is the voluntary devoution to his/her partners happiness.. not desire, he/she has no lust for anything else other than to make the loved one happy?

And assume that loved one dies? Or the loved one cheats or steals? What if your purpose is but a flawed hypothesis? The saying "Into this world you were born alone, and in the way shall you leave" is not just a coalition of words, it is the definition of life. Why must you diverge from your purpose to endulge yourself on temporary reliefs? Love, if you must know, is putting someone else first. Period, try it on any senario and you will see it works.

Barakus
Originally posted by AOR
And assume that loved one dies? Or the loved one cheats or steals? What if your purpose is but a flawed hypothesis? The saying "Into this world you were born alone, and in the way shall you leave" is not just a coalition of words, it is the definition of life. Why must you diverge from your purpose to endulge yourself on temporary reliefs? Love, if you must know, is putting someone else first. Period, try it on any senario and you will see it works.

hmmm, so u swallowed a thesaurus i see lol.. however you do have a point. But, u seem to make it out as a bad thing. Why? (if you don't mind me asking?)

debbiejo
Love has an opposite...It's hurt....

But as was said earlier, you can't experience one without the other...That way you know.....And can appreciate it when it come your way.........through partners, or friendships.........
Everything has polar opposites.

Mindship
Love is what you feel when you are holding someone you care about close to you, seeing in your mind your two hearts beating mere inches from one another, glowing, and you feel the radiance, a tangible thing the other person also feels and responds to, without either of you saying a word.

AOR
hmmm, so u swallowed a thesaurus i see lol.. however you do have a point. But, u seem to make it out as a bad thing. Why? (if you don't mind me asking?)

I see the world for what it is: an illusion. To what you may ask I will never know. But the purpose in life is to get through it one way or the other. Distractions, such as love, make people think they are invisible and the rules of life do not apply to them. It breaks my heart to see them on that rude awakening and yet at the same time I feel no pity. It is not that my heat is cold, but rather I had none to begin with.

Ashea16Chic
Love is either a distraction or an inspiration...

It depends on how the person looks at the "way of life"

crazylozer
I think it's because we can't force ourselves to love. We may love those close to us, but in doing so, would do things that may not be right in order to protect them. Even if someone loved everyone, it would be impossible to love everyone the same. You love a person for an infinite number of reasons, and in this, it is impossible to love the same way twice.

And I don't think pain is the opposite of love. Otherwise, the expression 'love til it hurts' is just an oxymoron while in reality, it is a painful truth.

debbiejo
I believe really that the opposite of love is hate, and with hate are many sub categories such as fear which also encompasses fear of pain, fear of attachment, fear of rejection, fear of experiences....It works against what love is. It keeps people from experiencing it.

Adam_PoE
I believe really that the opposite of love is hate, and with hate are many sub categories such as fear which also encompasses fear of pain, fear of attachment, fear of rejection, fear of experiences....It works against what love is. It keeps people from experiencing it.

The opposite of love is not hate, it is indifference. We often think that love and hate are opposites because they are extremes, but the true opposite of that passion is not feeling anything.

debbiejo
Well indifference is a sub category as well.......IMO

I feel that everything has polar opposites and inbetween the 2 are many many sub categories......

AOR
Well indifference is a sub category as well.......IMO

I feel that everything has polar opposites and inbetween the 2 are many many sub categories......

Black and White and a world of Grey...

tax
Love is when you look at a tree without knowing that it is a tree.

AOR
Truley you must explain such a meaningless sentance....

.Dance_Inside.
love is overated

Great Vengeance
Originally posted by tax
Love is when you look at a tree without knowing that it is a tree.

No sense in being that cryptic, I have no idea what your point was.

debbiejo
Let me take a stab at it.....hmmmmm, oh yeah, tax was on the brown acid...you're not supposed to take the brown, only the purple...r e m e m b e r?

Storm
Love is loving someone without expecting anything in return, no judgments, no restrictions, no limitations, no expectations. Love is free and unconditional, it' s not mixed with various needs, conditions and demands from your partner.

Love is being honest with yourself at all times, being honest with the other person at all times, telling, listening, respecting the truth and never pretending. Love is an understanding so complete that you feel as if you are a part of the other person.

Love is the freedom to pursue your own desires while sharing your experiences with the other person, the growth of one individual alongside of and together with the growth of another individual.

Love is giving and taking in a daily situation, being patient with each other' s needs and desires.

FistOfThe North
I believe that true love never dies. If it doesn't die, then it was true love. And it could mean a person, place, or thing, or idea. If you've forgot about it and stopped the love you had for the object of your affection even isn't around anymore or has been gone for a short or long while or forever, then you never had love for it/him/her in the first place. You just liked the object alot, thats all.

True love is pain. Ultimate happiness. A fear and the deep amount of near unexplainable care you hold for the object of your love all in one.

When it comes to loving someone. The way to know if it's true love is if you'd put people like close family kin, parents, siblings or especially son and daughters, before your ownself. If you cannot do this, than it's not real love. Yea, you have to look out for yourself to and that's ok, as long as you don't get taken advantage of by being a fool. But other than than, that's what that part of love means to me.

debbiejo
^ I like that. But what about people who fall out of love?

Ashea16Chic
Then it wasn't really love in the first place...

It was what we call --infatuation--... or maybe even just appreciation that someone else makes him/her feel special...

sleepyhead
I just want to ask:

Can people post their love problems in this thread?
Or would it be better to open a new thread?
More importantly will people resond here with hostility or acceptance?

debbiejo
Better to make a new thread...Most people give good advise, yep.

Storm
One can' t avoid a small minority who will respond with hostility. But let them not stop you from creating a new thread.

kyuubinaruto
love is complacated

FistOfThe North
^ I like that. But what about people who fall out of love?

16chic said it right. Falling out of love in actuality means that you were never in love with whatever or whomever you thought you were in love with in the 1st place.

You fall in love but never fall out of it. It's impossible to fall out of love with true love because it grows too deep to fall out of. And once you're in, you're there forever. Forever in love. That's where the refrain "In to deep" with a person, comes in.

And that's below the fact that Love is immortal. It has an inception, but no end.

debbiejo
^ Well that sounds good, but how would you explain people who get a divorce, they loved each other at one time. And the percentage of divorces is around like 50% I think.

FistOfThe North
^ Well that sounds good, but how would you explain people who get a divorce, they loved each other at one time. And the percentage of divorces is around like 50% I think.

Then it wasn't true love but really good friends that had a good sexual connection and a deep like for each other or it was just convenient or a million other things. Otherwise they wouldn't have gotten a divorce. Sometimes there were differences that made staying together impossible but that shouldn't matter, know why? Cause Love conquers all. Even impossibilities.

There's always a way with Love. Without it marriages cannot survive no matter the length or what happened at one time.

debbiejo
Hmmmmm this sounds kinda true.

Ashea16Chic
Now... I have a question...

I don't know if this has been discussed before but...

Anyway... are there really "SOUL MATES" in love?

Mindship
Depends. Do you believe in "souls?" Do you believe in "fate?" If so, then "soulmates" makes sense. If not, then it can be seen as romanticized and idealistic, love as seen by dreamers.

For me, all I will say at this time is that there is far, far more to the world than meets the eye or the mind.

Storm
It depends on whether or not your perception of soul mates and love relationships are based on movies, television, books and fairy tales.

Ashea16Chic
^^ HOw come? confused

debbiejo
Soul mate is more a term to describe a twin soul in a reincarnation type of thing...A soul that has split and that is so identical to you here on earth that you are pulled to.

Ashea16Chic
I see...

My perception of SOULMATES before was that every body was born with a partner here on earth... dispite time, effort, distance... he/she will cross all boundaries...

T.V.O.T.I.
Originally posted by tax
Differences

You push me away
She starts to fall as it all fades away
She surrenders her everything to him
There's beauty in goodbye
Broken with nothing left to say
In silence I will love her still
You push me away
She loses herself in his touch
She feels comfort wrapped in his arms
You push me away
She says that he completes her
She believes with him is where she belongs
You pushed me away
I have no reason left to fight
"Where is the beauty in goodbye?"

Storm
Originally posted by Ashea16Chic
^^ HOw come? confused
The metaphysical definition of a soul mate is someone you knew in a past life.

Mindship
The popular understanding of the term "soulmate" is that, out there in the big wide world, is the love of your life, the person you are destined to be with.
Pop culture loves this idea; hollywood, tv and pop music push it like a drug.
Then again...ya never know...

Probably the biggest disappointment people (especially young people, due to less life experience) go through with love is that they discover the difference between loving who you thought, or hoped, the other person was, and then discovering who that other person really is (and for the sake of argument, we will assume that the "real person" is still a good person).
Then a choice has to be made: do you leave that person and pursue the illusion of "perfect love," or do you stay with that person and allow your love to mature into something that is, truly, real.

Again, this is especially tough becuase we have a pop culture that pushes fantasy as truth.

darth plo koon
BAH i thought this was a vs venue

darth plo koon
what i ment to say is after my last thread in here i hope itsa vs forum

so clumsy

Ashea16Chic
Originally posted by Mindship

Probably the biggest disappointment people (especially young people, due to less life experience) go through with love is that they discover the difference between loving who you thought, or hoped, the other person was, and then discovering who that other person really is (and for the sake of argument, we will assume that the "real person" is still a good person).
Then a choice has to be made: do you leave that person and pursue the illusion of "perfect love," or do you stay with that person and allow your love to mature into something that is, truly, real.

I've experienced that before...

I chose the second one, I stayed but then I ended up realizing ... He will always be --- just a FRIEND

AOR
Love is for dreamers...

DrDoom101
Does love just occur randomly or does it depend on the people in it? For example, this girl i love. i love her but she doesnt love me back. Well she doesnt know yet. Ill tell her one day but not yet. Am i supposed to try to make her love me or will she do it automatically? Basically im just wondering if i can make her love me.

Ashea16Chic
Both actually... some people fall in love even if they're not yet in a relationship... and sometimes people fall in love because they're in one...

So you're saying that you are in a FRIENDLY RELATIONSHIP with her...
Think about it.. DrDoom... if you want to achieve a higher status with her...like a BF-GF RELATIONSHIP... then you obviously have to make the first move... I mean... you're the one who likes her...

Lady_Jade
Originally posted by DrDoom101
Does love just occur randomly or does it depend on the people in it? For example, this girl i love. i love her but she doesnt love me back. Well she doesnt know yet. Ill tell her one day but not yet. Am i supposed to try to make her love me or will she do it automatically? Basically im just wondering if i can make her love me.

Is this someone you have personally known for a long time? I don't know, in my opinion, you can't love someone you don't really know. I mean you might know them but you don't know them, if you get my drift. You might like her a lot and think it is love but you wont know for sure unless you go out with her and spend lots of quality time with her. If you are still with her months from now then yeah, it's probably love, but if you go on like three dates and decide you don't feel the same anymore than it wasn't love in the first place. That's what I believe anyways. I guess I get that from personal experience.

Roulette
Originally posted by DrDoom101

hmm..it really depends on what a person finds attractive in another person...you can't really make someone love you...when you say that, it makes it seem like you would take on a whole different personality just so she can love you....you shouldn't do thatsad... If it's meant to be, then it will happensmile If she finds your personality attractive, then that could lead to a close relationship with her..perhaps even lovesmile...it also depends on how much you know the person, and how much they know you. Cuz sometimes, you may think that you know a person, but then you can find out some things about them that you wouldn't have expected..heh.

debbiejo
I believe people can fall in and out of love...People change, they out grow each other, but still you can have affections for the other person, just not on the deeper level.

AOR
From what I have seen in DrDooms post and in the replies, it would appear that love is nothing lest we make something of it. Well if that be the case, then we can make love what we want it to be. Therefore there is no such thing as love...tis just a suggestion.

FistOfThe North
Love is cut and dry. You either Love someone or you don't. You can't just Love somebody a little bit.

That's like saying a woman can get a little bit pregnant, no. It's impossible.

And you can't be in Love with someone one day and then not the next day then again fall back in love with that same person the next week or the year after.

You either in Love or you're not.

Mindship
Although a forum, by definition, invites discussion, sometimes too much intellectualizing about a topic (eg, love, death) becomes a distraction to real understanding. And often, real understanding only comes with experience, experience combined with honesty, insight and hope.

Nonetheless, in the spirit of "let's talk about it some more," maybe the following might be useful.

http://www.mamassecrets.com/5stages.htm

in_love

AOR
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Love is cut and dry. You either Love someone or you don't. You can't just Love somebody a little bit.

That's like saying a woman can get a little bit pregnant, no. It's impossible.

And you can't be in Love with someone one day and then not the next day then again fall back in love with that same person the next week or the year after.

You either in Love or you're not.

Think of it rather like a flint, it is quick to burn with a fiery intensity, but soon the flint will burn away and you'll be back to cold ashes....

debbiejo
I think love is more a like an organism so to say...It's intensity of feeling...Living and yet not set in stone...It moves ignites and diminishes but not even completely. It always swarms and surprises a person not even looking for it. It's like a living entity. It's also like a moth to the flame. It looks and feels good, and knowing that it could burn you, you still are attracted to it.

tall_paul
love is just a strong emotional attachment to anything. hence the idea that love and hate are the same thing, in some ways they are.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.