Are You A Cheater?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

snake_eyes616
Well are you?

DarkC
I used to when I was a kid, but not anymore.

hotsauce6548
Never online, and never before I finish a game.

Once I finished, I sometimes use cheats to play it again. yes

Tru_Slice
What kind of cheater...?

Spelljammer
Hells yeah! wink

stunna1773
i only a cheater in grand theft auto

snake_eyes616
Originally posted by Tru_Slice
What kind of cheater...?

lol, game cheater big grin

StinkFist462
i dont cheat in online games like CS or anything, i cheat if i already beat a game or im stuck in a very tough place.

Tru_Slice
I was one of the few of the "cheaters" on Halo 2. Sorry if you got pwned by me.

General Kaliero
I'll play through a game the first time normally, then cheat to find glitches, fun extras, or 100% in items and stuff.

Although I'll occasionally use a guide if I'm at a part where I've tried everything I can think of and am still stuck.

I think prolly everyone's like that, tho.

DarkC
Originally posted by Tru_Slice
What kind of cheater...?
Strategy guide, codes.

JKozzy
Only when I've beat the game, and stuff that's only accessable by codes is left to do.

Captain REX
Originally posted by hotsauce6548
Never online, and never before I finish a game.

Once I finished, I sometimes use cheats to play it again. yes

Same here. Cheating the first time through is something you do if you really suck at video games, and online cheating just gets people pissed at you (h4x0rzz!!!!!111).

Blue Dragon
No way! Cheating is for people who can't be bothered & throw away money just like that! *Clicks fingers.*

I did on Crash Bandicoot one. To get to the end, you needed every gem. Sounds easy, but in the level, you can't die once, otherwise all the boxes you smashed will come back!

Very annoying & hard on the harder levels, like the one when this thing's throwing stuff at you. Hard to dodge!

I use silly cheats like turning Spyro's skin colour black or with a big head. I use cheats if I earn them like in Jak 2/3. Earn enough eggs to unlock secrets.

I will use them after I've finished the game properly. When I'm done, I turn invinsability on, unlimited dark Jak & cause havoc, just for fun.

Impediment
I try to never, never cheat until I at least beat the game once no matter how frustrated I get or how many times I die. After that, sure. I don't mind. I did, however, cheat with the Game Genie on The Legend of Dragoon RPG by altering the value of money so I could get much more for my $$$. I'm currently trying to beat RE4 on professional mode without cheating. I might slip. I hope I don't

Beelzebuu
I don't cheat to get a head in a game. I'll turn on fun codes that do nothing for the game at all. Like change your skin or jump high or punch some one really, really, really hard (That's in GTAmessedA). I'll sequence break in Metroid Prime, but not the first time. Going through the intire game with Space Jump in insane. Sequence breaking really does shave hours off of your time.

Snoopbert
Only on X-com UFO Defense

Odie
I know a kid that PRODULY hacked halo 2.

Thats better than using regular codes to win a game.

Snoopbert
Not really no.

RedAlertv2
I use strategy guides all the time, and codes where I really need them. Because tbh im not that really good at beating games, because most of the time I jsut like to duke it out online.

PINBALL
Hell yeah im an Elite Haxor to the Maxor

Draco69
I only use strategy guides for RPGs because I'm a perfectionist. And some levels like the Water Temple in Zelda are just damn impossible to get through without some form of help.

I don't use codes unless it's to unlock a costume or something superfluous. Except for the Matrix. Codes were mandatory for that game to be remotely fun.

Smasandian
Yeah, the Water Temple was ridiculous.

I for one, use cheats when I'm stuck at a level. I get very busy and my attention span is very limited when it comes to games. Either I beat the game in the two days off I get, or I try to beat it the next couple of days after that. But, once I start playing another game, I never will finish it, so I use a cheat to get past the really tough parts.

I also use cheats when the game is cheap. For example, facing an boss, who is crazy ass tough, but when you wittle his health down, he gets it back, and then the cycle repeats itself. Thats when I use a cheat, because the learning curver is so unbalanced, its almost impossible, unless you keep on playing for months to beat it. But I, dont have that type of time to actually do that.

StaT1c
People have called me a cheater for blocking too much in MvC2 =[

Tru_Slice
Originally posted by PINBALL
Hell yeah im an Elite Haxor to the Maxor

What the f**k?

Next Venom_girl
On non-online games but ones at home, if I'm having trouble with a game, I like to put on God-mode and play through on the most difficult setting. Then things seem a bit easier on replay. evil face

MysteryRidah
Originally posted by DarkC
I used to when I was a kid, but not anymore.

When i was young i used to use cheats, but as i got older and better at games, i dont cheat anymore too. I like doing things without having to use cheats, and finsh the game 100%. Happy Dance

Blue Dragon
Three facts you need to know about cheating:
1. Waste your money
2. Makes you bored
3. Takes away the fun of playing the game

Skorn254
Off and on. I only cheat when I can't get any farther and i've been trying for a long time.

Fierce Deity
I never "Cheat" but I do use "Cheat codes" AFTER I have beten the game (And only if it is a worthless one, like turning all your enemies into uh... CHICKENS! big grin or allows you to go around and blow stuff up... like the Infinate $$ in Mercinarys, which will allow you to buy infanant C4 twisted)

Fierce Deity
Originally posted by Blue Dragon
Three facts you need to know about cheating:
1. Waste your money
2. Makes you bored
3. Takes away the fun of playing the game

Also, when you cheat to get through something, You can't say YOU did it, the cheat did.

Blue Dragon
...okay, so...right. blink The cheat does it but someone has to make that cheat happen, for eg by insertting a cheat code.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.