What Comics have their greatest stories behind them?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

OB1-adobe
What charecters do you guys think have their greatest stories behind them?

Or do comics in general for that matter have already had their greatest stories behind them?

Is there any thing really left to tell?

Juntai
Originally posted by OB1-adobe

Or do comics in general for that matter have already had their greatest stories behind them?

Is there any thing really left to tell? Infinite Crisis

Scoobless

at this point it looks like Thor's done about as much as he can.... but we'll see

thedarkphoenix
PHOENIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(Jean Grey)rock

OB1-adobe
as far as I can tell Superman has had his day.

I mean come on:

1. Travelling from side of the universe to the next

2. Marrying lois lane

3. Dying and coming back

4. becoming pure lighting

5. changing his out fit

6. growing long hair

7. travelling through time

I mean seriously

8bitChris
as far as I can tell Superman has had his day.

I mean come on:

1. Travelling from side of the universe to the next

2. Marrying lois lane

3. Dying and coming back

4. becoming pure lighting

5. changing his out fit

6. growing long hair

7. travelling through time

I mean seriously

That's why he should have stayed dead.

It's better to go out in a blaze of glory than to fade away like a candle.

He would have been so much more of an icon in the DCU that way.

OB1-adobe
I disagree, there was some good stuff after that for a few years, but then that was about it.

I think Spider-man might be done.

Maybe X-men. I don't know what do you guys think?

I need some input

If Marvel and DC comics stopped tomorrow,

would you really care?

We have 70 years of stories and characters.

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by thedarkphoenix
PHOENIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(Jean Grey)rock ]

I agree and X men in general has its best stories behind it.

Bardock42
Batman...now he had some serious good storylines.

Knightfall

Last Laugh

Death in the Family

Hilling Joke

No Man's Land

Wargames

Officer Down

Hush

Bruce Wayne: Murderer

and what not.....

Not to forget and although an elseworld THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS (Best Comic Book Ever)

willRules
Batman, X-men, Spider-man will always be telling good stories. There best are behind them? well if that is true I would still buy them, why? cos if these characters have a story which is a mere fraction of how good their masterpieces were, then it will still be a brilliant read IMO..........

Quick Freeze
i love the defenders

unsurpassed in the field of power, yet completley and absolutely awful in where it actually matters to be a team (hence non-team) whether its because they downright hate each other and are somehow forced to work together or because their intentions are actually work together and their personalites just prevent that from happening.

that premise will never get old for me. first of all my favorie genre is crossover and the defenders is always a crossover because theyre all already huge names on their own. but the portrayl of the group dynamics of 4 incredibly complex and individualistic characters is timeless imo. they all have their own responsibilites, which are interesting enough, obiviously if their own mags do so well, and although namor's arrogance, hulk's stupidity, and surfer's resentment prevent the members from admitting it, they really do have a twisted, out of whack, care for one another.

like i said unlimited power in cosmic, magical, physical, spiritual, telepathic, and scientific aspects but they just cant do one of the simplist and most natural thing for most of us: being human.

genious.

Mindship
Fantastic Four

8bitChris
We already know how the Superman and DC story ends :P. No real point in thinking the Universe will ever be threatened.

DC One Million is continuity right?

Quick Freeze
Originally posted by Quick Freeze
i love the defenders

unsurpassed in the field of power, yet completley and absolutely awful in where it actually matters to be a team (hence non-team) whether its because they downright hate each other and are somehow forced to work together or because their intentions are actually work together and their personalites just prevent that from happening.

that premise will never get old for me. first of all my favorie genre is crossover and the defenders is always a crossover because theyre all already huge names on their own. but the portrayl of the group dynamics of 4 incredibly complex and individualistic characters is timeless imo. they all have their own responsibilites, which are interesting enough, obiviously if their own mags do so well, and although namor's arrogance, hulk's stupidity, and surfer's resentment prevent the members from admitting it, they really do have a twisted, out of whack, care for one another.

like i said unlimited power in cosmic, magical, physical, spiritual, telepathic, and scientific aspects but they just cant do one of the simplist and most natural thing for most of us: being human.

genious.

i just also want to add how i love the whole outcasts aspect of them aswell. not only are the drawn together due to their kinship they have with one another in that they are all really different from everyone else, but everytime they encounter anyone, almost always that anyone's immediate responce is either, fear, distrust or just a lack of understanding as to what side their on.

CAPTAIN AMERICA: "If you do this, Defenders--if you leave, you'll be under suspicion forever! Outcasts, outlaws, feared by the world at large. . ."

DR STRANGE: "Outcasts, Captain? Feared?"

NAMOR: "We've been there before, Captain. Many times. We'll surivive."

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.