Mandolrians Vs Republic

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth_Veav
I did Separatists, now its Republic's turn. Mandalore the Ultimate leads the army and General Kenobi leads his army. Who wins?

Gryn Jabar
Republic, tech disparity is too great.

Se7in
Give us more info. Is it pure infantry, or including all advantages like Jedi Generals, commandoes, vehicles and fleets?

Gryn Jabar
Doesn't matter. The basilisks are probably out of date, the warriors outnumbered, and Mandalore the Ultimate a wealking when fighting a force user like Obi-Wan.

Se7in
So Obi-Wan can fight an entire army of Mandalorians by himself? Who says Mandalore has to kill Obi himself? Basilisks out of date? Picture a droid the size of a house armed with cannons all over itself, falling out of the sky and opening fire, multiplied by 10. I'm not saying Republic wouldn't win, they might, but give the Mandalorians a chance, they're formidable, and better than a standard clone.

Tangible God
Originally posted by Se7in
So Obi-Wan can fight an entire army of Mandalorians by himself? Who says Mandalore has to kill Obi himself? Basilisks out of date? Picture a droid the size of a house armed with cannons all over itself, falling out of the sky and opening fire, multiplied by 10. I'm not saying Republic wouldn't win, they might, but give the Mandalorians a chance, they're formidable, and better than a standard clone. Damn straight.

SS_181st_Snow
Speaking of Basilisks, anyone got a picture of one?

Darth_Glentract
do a google image search

Tangible God
You'll probably just get a Harry Potter basilisk.

Darth_Glentract
type star wars next to basilisk. think a little please.

Tangible God
Capitalize letters at the beginning of a sentence. Think please.

Darth_Glentract
when i'm talking to someone who i care little for, you, i'm not going to take the time.

Gryn Jabar
Originally posted by Se7in
Basilisks out of date? Picture a droid the size of a house armed with cannons all over itself, falling out of the sky and opening fire, multiplied by 10.
By that logic the Tsar tank should have been the greatest tank of WW1. Instead it was an obsolete POS that was a walking target. What makes having so many lasers a good thing? Simply means greater size, greater size means greater target. Mandalorians are good, but simply obsolete by this point.

Darth_Glentract
Yeah, sure. Technology really improved over that time. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Gryn Jabar
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Yeah, sure. Technology really improved over that time. roll eyes (sarcastic)
Over 3000 years? You bet your ass it did.

Darth_Glentract
Show me some examples of technological improvements.

Gryn Jabar
Ok:
1) Instead of positioning an entire fleet to destroy 1 world (KOTOR) 1 single battlestation can do it.
2) Better healing (bacta instead of Kolto).
3) Starship are ALOT more powerful.

Darth_Glentract
You're not proving that. Not every Battlestation could knock out a planet. And how do you know bacta is better than Kolto? It's possible they pissed Darth Bane off and he screwed their whole planet. And show that starships are more powerful.

ResubianNushi
Originally posted by Gryn Jabar
Ok:
1) Instead of positioning an entire fleet to destroy 1 world (KOTOR) 1 single battlestation can do it.
2) Better healing (bacta instead of Kolto).
3) Starship are ALOT more powerful.

2) I don't think Bacta was around. I believe it was used massively by the Emprie and by them alone, not the Sepereratists, who would have no need for it since they have a droid army.

Tangible God
when i'm talking to someone who i care little for, you, i'm not going to take the time. When about to say something like that, try to think of how lazy people like yourself are further degrading the already unstable fabric of Western Society.

Don't respond to this, for both our sakes.

Darth Faunus
type star wars next to basilisk. think a little please.

Well that was necessary. *end sarcasm*

And try it yourself; no pics. Tangible was right about the Harry Pottah' connection.

Tangible God
I knew it.

Deus Ex
Originally posted by Gryn Jabar
By that logic the Tsar tank should have been the greatest tank of WW1. Instead it was an obsolete POS that was a walking target. What makes having so many lasers a good thing? Simply means greater size, greater size means greater target. Mandalorians are good, but simply obsolete by this point.

I don't neccessarily think that 20th century technology changes are comparable to a society that has had beamswords and blaster pistols (The difference being in shot capacity and look, not function) for thousands of years. As unrealistic as it may seem, apparently the SW universe is capped for technological innovations. At least, until the Empire starts pouring money and slave labor into making superweapons.

In any case, kolto and bacta aren't readily comparable, but bacta wasn't discovered yet.

A single Star Destroyer can execute a Base Delta Zero on a planet and punch craters into it about a meter across, effectively glassing it. However, such firepower is extensive, and the Imperials prefer to use an entire fleet to do so (Battle of Nar Shadaa) because it still takes some time. Anyways, this doesn't neccessarily give us an accurate guage of a Republic type ship, since the only Republic ship in the OT was the Blockade Runner (Leia's ship in ANH intro) and it was both dwarfed by, outrun, and outgunned by a regular Star Destroyer.

It would seem reasonable that technology has neccessarily gotten much better, but if anything the Mandalorians have shown the ability to defeat almost all comers, despite having number inferiority and possible (though I doubt this) technological inferiority. In any case, the Galactic Empire would wipe its collective ass with the Mandalorians, but the Republic itself would probably have a rougher time. Pre-Clone Wars Republic (TPM, AOTC) didn't have a navy outside of the Clone troopers and perhaps a small centralized defense fleet. During the Clone Wars, conscripting became standard fare, and non-clones began to enter the navy in large numbers. Enter Sidious, the Republic is reformed under the Galactic Empire and conscription and naval buildup continues for twenty years. You have a near-invincible fleet.

Illustrious
In a war, the Republic wins. More resources, more man power, more technology. If they went into a war of attrition, they would outlast the Mandalorians, floating bases or not.

Gryn Jabar
Ahh, IIRC, the ISD>Venator, by a large margin. Source: SW insider. Therfor, Venator> Crappy 3000 year old republic cruiser.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.