How Much SpiderMan sucks

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Director321
OKay SpiderMan 1 Great Shit /Awesome Material. SpiderMan 2 Sucks Way two Much Romance I go TO a Marvel Film To See Action not Romance.

Any ONe who agrees yeah your cool

Drache53
And if we don't agree? What are we then? Squares? Oh no! Spider-Man has always had a good bit of romance in the comics. You want a mindless action movie, go see some video game movie made by that Uwe Boll guy or Paul Anderson..

Sparkz
Originally posted by Drache53
And if we don't agree? What are we then? Squares? Oh no! Spider-Man has always had a good bit of romance in the comics. You want a mindless action movie, go see some video game movie made by that Uwe Boll guy or Paul Anderson..

Or better yet Die Hard that film rocks.

Susan-Storm
I Concure. Spider-man rules he is the best super hero ( Yea i think ?) And you know ppl they need a love story to interest them

Doc Ock
Funny how he called his thread 'How much SpiderMan sucks' not 'How much Spider-Man 2 sucks' laughing

And I don't agree.I loved SM-2.

And if that doesn't make me cool to you well shucks I guess I'll just have to struggle to with that roll eyes (sarcastic)

hotsauce6548
And if we don't agree? What are we then?

You're uncool. He said so in his post...

no expression

jediprson
I think Spider-Man 1 was actually better than Spider-Man 2. Because there was more action than romance. but spider-man 2 had a better story. not to go off topic but the spiderman 2 video game was way better than the spider-man 1 video game.

spencerspider
wow if u hate spidey movies so much..y did u come here

jediprson
Originally posted by spencerspider
wow if u hate spidey movies so much..y did u come here

he just hates Spider-Man 2

Hit_and_Miss
the only thing that sucked bout SM2 was that he told just about everybody who he was... I don't think there was anybody he didn't give his identity away too...

Arahan
Originally posted by Hit_and_Miss
the only thing that sucked bout SM2 was that he told just about everybody who he was... I don't think there was anybody he didn't give his identity away too...

Yes this was really dumb. Why did he remove his mask in
the train scene, okay it got a little damage but later he weared it too.
It wasnt neccessary to remove it. And the guys in the train:
We wont tell anybody" Yes of cource...until Jameson gives a reward
for Spideys head...and boom at least 10 ppl who know his identity.
That sucked. But it was still the best scene in the movie, spidey stopping a train, that was cool cool

Hit_and_Miss
yer I though it was a really nice piece of the film.... but I though there were too many people who he told... mary jane knows, ozborne knows, Aunt may MUST know by know... bout 50 random people know... while no one really found out in SM1... just seemed too many people had to find out in 1 film...

spencerspider
i loved spiderman 2 i dont see y u didnt really.the mask thing was a little weird but it wasnt that bad

Hit_and_Miss
Don't get me wrong I liked the film.... I just thought it was poor script writing that everyone found out he was spiderman in 1 film....

Doc Ock
Who is "everyone"???

Out of the main cast it was Harry,MJ and Ock.

In the comics Harry and MJ found out.In fact so did Ock during the Clone saga.

Peter Parker is not a celebrity.To the train passengers he was just a kid.One of many in a city as big as New York.

Susan-Storm

Yea That is like me wanting to tell the whole world who i... never mind but yea your got a point

Hit_and_Miss
theres going to be a couple more films... they didn't have to tell everyone in 1 film....

Look how long it too all those people to find out in the comic.... in the film he tells them all in 1 day...

Doc Ock
He didn't tell anyone anything.MJ found out by chance,Harry unmasked him after Ock captured him.Ock won't be in SM-3.

Two characters found out in one movie.Geez what a crime.Does Betty,Aunt May,Jonah,John Jameson,Hoffman or Robbie know???

Don't think so.

MJ and Harry knowing Peter's identity is going to be a MAJOR contributor to the plot in SM-3.

Hit_and_Miss
I think a few more people realise then you give credit...
I think Aunt may knows... and possibly that guy who works for JJ...

No one knew in SM 1 then the story says about 45 people find out in SM 2...

Doc Ock
You think Aunt May and Robbie know.

Well you keep on thinking that.But until we see it in the movies they know jack s***.And Jack just left town.

I guess the forty something people must be the train passengers.Yeah big important characters who shall be the stars of future Spider-Man movies

Hit_and_Miss
don't get lippy now....
I just thought it was a little silly that soo many people saw him in one film.

Doc Ock
Don't get lippy?? You obviously don't know me.I am Doc Ock,resident poster with the nasty,arrogant attitude of Doctor Octopus and his cool persona smokin'

Yes alot of people saw him maskless.But 90% of them were unimportant people whom we'll never see again.

Hit_and_Miss
If one person saw him in the comic book it would be and out range! they would sell the story and peter would have to come up with some elaborate trick to fooling people into thinking it wasn't him...

40 people see him in a train and its no biggy...

Doc Ock
We get a Spider-Man movie once every 2-3 years.

We get several different Spider-Man comics EVERY month.

Don't even try and compare the two.

Hit_and_Miss
Theres a clear comparison there....

Spiderman 2 shouldn't have had as many people see him... end of story.

Doc Ock
Opinions are like ass holes.

Everyone's got them.

End of story.

I guess some are a hit and miss with you evil face

Hit_and_Miss
it always cracks me up when people use my name... cause they do it soo poorly its embarrassing for them...

Doc Ock
Sorry no embarrassment here.I'm proud of everything I say evil face

That's a miss for you instead of a hit too.

Story of your life I'd say evil face

Hit_and_Miss
lol again... its just soo poorly done! ..stop it before you hurt yourself!

Doc Ock
Oooooh telling me to stop is an incentive to keep going evil face

Hurt myself??? Yeah it's reeeeeeeeeeeal hazardous in this thread roll eyes (sarcastic)

This thread needs more Ock:

http://img29.exs.cx/img29/1324/bash3ou.gif

Just imagine 'Hit and Miss' is Spidey there laughing

Hit_and_Miss
If I remember correctly.. You were soo weak minded that some mechanical arms controlled you...

For shame... Wolverine isn't controlled by his addy is he? and hes not top of the IQ charts...

Doc Ock
Wolverine doesn't have a mind to manipulate.Brain is too small evil face

Oh an news flash: I'm not actually Doc Ock.He's a fictional character.I just have some of his more charming personality traits smokin'

Hit_and_Miss
which charming traits?

YES we will rebuild!

LARGER!

The only trait I see is the fact ya both lost ya mind....lol

Doc Ock
*Makes evil grin*

We're talking the Doc Ock of the comics here sunshine evil face

Clearly you can see I have his intelligence,wit,charm and charisma evil face

You on the other hand have as much intelligence as a toilet brush.And that's smearing the good name of toilet brushes.

Now before this thread get's locked or deleted let's take time to reflect on what we've learned here today.

- 'Hit and Miss' hates the fact two main characters learned Spider-Man's identity.Since that bothers him so much I am now actually delighted Raimi did it.

- Spider-Man 2 is acclaimed critically higher than SM-1.

-The fact MJ and Harry learned Peter's identity will have big impacts on SM-3.

And finally 'Hit and Miss' has been:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v120/octopus/request11.jpg

All the way thru this thread evil face

*Bows* Have a happy smokin'

Hit_and_Miss
You use pics from the film all the way though... but your the comic book version...roll eyes (sarcastic)
You started to insult me when your points got smashed... yes
You want to get the last word in with a pic saying I'm "owned" even though you have done nothing of the sort...
I don't hate the fact people learned his Identity.. I dislike the fact EVERYONE found out...yes
DUR its gonner play apart... thats like saying spidermans suit won't be in the film.... they have to now that everyone knows... thats the stupidest thing I heard today... And I've been talking to Wolverine fanboys...

Lastly Doc got beat down all the way though the movies... Comics... and games... Shame its happened here today aswell...
http://www.counterfrag.com/screenshots/spiderman%202/1.jpg

Doc Ock
Why shouldn't I use the movie version?? He is the main reason SM-2 kicked ass evil face

You could of at least posted a pic of Spidey beating Ock.That's just some random thug on the ground in the game.

And where have my opinions been smashed?? If I recall you compared movies to comics in terms of how things should be played out.I smashed that one down as we get comics every month but only get a movie once every couple of years.

You whined "everybody" found out who he was when only two people who found out will be in SM-3.The rest were train passengers.So that's that smashed down.

What else ya got??? The fact you don't like it?? Awww well that's tough.But I doubt Sam Raimi or myself will lose sleep over it evil face

Hit_and_Miss
Its a shame that people actually agreed with me... I don't hate spider-man.. I loved the films... Its just poor that soo many people found out in 1 film..

You smashed my comic with the fact films take longer to create then comics??? good one!!! Spider-mans tv show didn't have him showing his face every other ep..... Films should be based on the comics... and they shouldn't just put 45 people seeing his face for the sake of it... the train people didn't have to see him at all...

I'm not talking about SM3.... I doesn't matter if there the only ones in it... that comment is stupid to the point of irrelevant... just cause it doesn't matter for the continuation of the storyline. don't mean they can just sweep PIS under the carpet...

I put this as my only fault with the film... You jumped at the fact I disliked a part of the film, like some religious zealot does when someone knocks there faith for some inconstancy...

Doc Ock
Oh my god now you're using the cartoon show as a defence??? We got that weekly.Even more frequently than the comics.

Read very carefully: TWO HOUR MOVIE IS WHAT WE GET EVERY 2-3 YEARS!!!!!

If we went by your time frame it would be Spider-Man 20 before MJ or Harry learned his secret.

You can dislike what ever you want.It was your declaration of "Everyone" finding out his identity when it was a mere 3 major characters that annoyed me.

Hit_and_Miss
spiderman 20 sounds about right.... aslong as they were on there hunnymoon by then and MJ demanded to pack for them both..

But most of the main chars finding out all at the same time... plz..

DarkC
Originally posted by Director321
OKay SpiderMan 1 Great Shit /Awesome Material. SpiderMan 2 Sucks Way two Much Romance I go TO a Marvel Film To See Action not Romance.

Any ONe who agrees yeah your cool
For your information, Spider-Man 2 had more action than in the first one.

Doc Ock
I don't consider two people most of the main characters nearly everybody.I don't count Ock because he's not going to be in SM-3.

We're just going to have to agree to disagree.

But I have enjoyed this.You're a worthy opponent.Something this forum lacks.Mostly it's immature spamming Venom fan boys I have to contend with.

They're no challenge at all.But you actually put up a fight.I like that evil face

Doc Ock
Originally posted by DarkC
For your information, Spider-Man 2 had more action than in the first one.

Better action too wink

Hit_and_Miss
thanks I suppose... at least we didn't have to resort to name calling too much!

wierddreamer213
I bet they did the train thing because of the scene in ultimate spiderman where the enforcers unmasked him and no one knew who the hell he was so they threw him out the window.... was a good scene...if anything we should complain that in US so many villians know who he is that a secret identity is a moot point.

Scarlet
Both movies were good mad

bakerboy
The movies sucked big time. It was about man spider , not spider man. And the third will be the same garbage.

doctorstrongbad
Both movies were awesome, they broke box office records. Compare them to bats and supes 1 and 2. The spider-man movies are way better.

spencerspider
basker boy name of movie is Spiderman so we see u have no clue whats going on and i loved those movies they rocked

Hit_and_Miss
hes getting at the fact that hes more man then spider so Spider shouldn't be the first part of his name...

Its a shame thats his best point...its sooo stupid it doesn't even deserve a proper responce...

jediprson
this is a useless thread

bakerboy
Not at all, its man spider because he has organics like a freak, he is man spider, not spider man.

And superman 1 and 2 were much much better than the man spider movies, that are the same garbage than the first two batman movies. And the box office doesnt mean quality , only popularity.

Hit_and_Miss
/\/\ lol go back to the rock from which you crawled under....

bakerboy
Sorry, but i dont anwser to insults and childish stuff like that.

Hit_and_Miss
its not a insult its a command... OBEY!
You like jaws... that alone blows all your credibility out of the water...
Don't even get me started on your celeb list...

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Doc Ock
Who is "everyone"???

Out of the main cast it was Harry,MJ and Ock.

In the comics Harry and MJ found out.In fact so did Ock during the Clone saga.

Peter Parker is not a celebrity.To the train passengers he was just a kid.One of many in a city as big as New York.

I'd say most the people on the train know.that would qualify as everybody.Peter Parkers pic is always in the Daily Bugle because he is famous for taking pics of spiderman.the way everybody was finding out his identity in the film,it might as just as well have been advertised on the billboards on wall street who peter parker was.That was clearly the worst thing about this horrible movie.even worse than Doc ock being a good guy and becoming good at the end.

btw,to the original poster of this thread,as much as this movie sucked,the first one sucked far worse than the second one did.

Mr Parker
Theres a clear comparison there....

Spiderman 2 shouldn't have had as many people see him... end of story.

exactly.well said hit and miss.the ONLY person in the film that found out about it that I would have been okay finding out about it was Harry.Nobody else in the movie should have found out. mad

Mr Parker
Originally posted by doctorstrongbad
Both movies were awesome, they broke box office records. Compare them to bats and supes 1 and 2. The spider-man movies are way better.

actually both movies were pure crap. and batman begins and superman 1 & 2 are a 100 times better than those crappy man-spider movies.

bakerboy
its not a insult its a command... OBEY!
You like jaws... that alone blows all your credibility out of the water...
Don't even get me started on your celeb list...

That post from you shows who you dont aything about cinema and good taste. Jaws is a masterpiece, a great movie that is 1000 better than those man spider crappy movies.

And my celeb list? what are you talking about? what is wrong in my celeb list?

Hit_and_Miss
jaws... In my oppinion is crap... I laughted all the way though it till I realised it was supposed to be scary! then I realised how much it blew....

Your going to be hunting the retirement home for that lot of oldies... sure a few of them are gods... (connery and dirty harry...) but the rest....

bakerboy
Oldies? Are you triying to say that people like chaplin, marx brothers, deniro, brando, pacino, hoffman, nicholson, christie, sellers, hackman, guiness, taylor or herburn are bad because they are oldies? Man, in what world do you live? those actors are like 1000 better that any actor of nowadays. And jaws is a masterpiece of suspense and horror. Its influence in many actual horror movies is amazing.

Hit_and_Miss
yes and black and white televisions where great when they first came out! but times change...

I said a few were gods... but the rest... bah... get with the times...

bakerboy
Man, that is bullshit. The good actors and the good movies and the good directors are goods all the time, time and fashing couldnt beat that. Chaplin, marx brothers and peter sellers will be always comic genious,etc.

Drache53
I have to contribute to this, I LOVED both Spider-Man movies. I'll admit, it's not exactly like the comics, but they were still good. OMG, he has organic webs! Destroy the cinemas! Put a curse on whoever was involved in the movies! Jeebus, it's almost as bad as people complaining about Pete having blue eyes. And now, when people who label the movies 'Man-Spider' read this post, they'll call me a 'bad fan' for 'accepting' things that make the movies 'horrible'. I have an open mind, I can accept changes. Alright, I'm done. FLAME AWAY!

EDIT: Oh yeah, I'm with Bakerboy, the classics are the best.

doctorstrongbad
Come on people the movies were good. If you wanna see some bad movies watch batman 2-4 or superman 3 and 4. lol

Drache53
...I thought we did not speak of those in this place.. lmao

Mr Parker
I have to contribute to this, I LOVED both Spider-Man movies. I'll admit, it's not exactly like the comics, but they were still good. OMG, he has organic webs! Destroy the cinemas! Put a curse on whoever was involved in the movies! Jeebus, it's almost as bad as people complaining about Pete having blue eyes. And now, when people who label the movies 'Man-Spider' read this post, they'll call me a 'bad fan' for 'accepting' things that make the movies 'horrible'. I have an open mind, I can accept changes. Alright, I'm done. FLAME AWAY!

EDIT: Oh yeah, I'm with Bakerboy, the classics are the best.

actually no they were NOT good.they were crap.thats incredibly stupid to say that people complaining about organics is on the same level as someone complaining about him having blue eyes instead of brown.the difference in those is like night and day,worlds apart.yeah your a bad fan because its sad that you dont care about sony raping to death his character like they did.if they are going to give him organics,might as well not stop there,might as well give him 8 arms while they are at it.there is a difference between accept changes,Im all for changes just as long as the changes are reasonable but organics are just plain stupid and they just dumb down his character.as I have said before many times,Peter dating mj before betty brant like he did in the comics=reasonable change,organics=moronic change.
there is a huge difference between accpeting change and pointless and stupid change and thats what organics are as any GOOD fan would know. big grin

Drache53
Any good fanBOY maybe. I hope they do give him eight arms in the next movie, so they can call it Man-Spider and make you the happiest FAN on earth. And I never said I didn't care, I NEVER said that. I've said before I don't completely agree with it, but it makes some sense. Just like the power ranger Goblin costume. What multi-billion dollar company owner would say to himself when picking a costume: "Hm, maybe I'll go out and buy some purple clothes and a green mask so I can look like a little goblin."

"thats incredibly stupid to say that people complaining about organics is on the same level as someone complaining about him having blue eyes instead of brown"

I did not say it was on the SAME level, I said it was almost bad. This is exactly what I said: "Jeebus, it's almost as bad as people complaining about Pete having blue eyes." Ya see that? ALMOST. I love how you people take what I say and contort it to fit your own needs, so you can make me look like a dumbass. Also, I'd bet $100 that Marvel was somehow planning on giving Pete organics in the comics anyway. Whatever, I'd like to end this now, you obviously despise the movies, and think I'm a bad person/fan for liking them. And I think you're totally overreacting over the whole organics thing. The Goblin I'll go with you on to an extent, what the hell were they thinking? But please, let's just agree to disagree, cause this is the 2nd time we've been in this argument.

Mr Parker
Any good fanBOY maybe. I hope they do give him eight arms in the next movie, so they can call it Man-Spider and make you the happiest FAN on earth. And I never said I didn't care, I NEVER said that. I've said before I don't completely agree with it, but it makes some sense. Just like the power ranger Goblin costume. What multi-billion dollar company owner would say to himself when picking a costume: "Hm, maybe I'll go out and buy some purple clothes and a green mask so I can look like a little goblin."

"thats incredibly stupid to say that people complaining about organics is on the same level as someone complaining about him having blue eyes instead of brown"

I did not say it was on the SAME level, I said it was almost bad. This is exactly what I said: "Jeebus, it's almost as bad as people complaining about Pete having blue eyes." Ya see that? ALMOST. I love how you people take what I say and contort it to fit your own needs, so you can make me look like a dumbass. Also, I'd bet $100 that Marvel was somehow planning on giving Pete organics in the comics anyway. Whatever, I'd like to end this now, you obviously despise the movies, and think I'm a bad person/fan for liking them. And I think you're totally overreacting over the whole organics thing. The Goblin I'll go with you on to an extent, what the hell were they thinking? But please, let's just agree to disagree, cause this is the 2nd time we've been in this argument.

Well when Norman snaps and goes crazy and decides to use the goblin costume for his own personal use his sound reasoning would go with him.At that point it would not be unreasonable to go out and get purple clothes and boots ect to want to look like a goblin.and thats STILL stupid to say thats its almost as bad as complaining about organics as it is for someone to complain about the blue eye/brown eye thing.its justified to complain about organics,the brown eyes thing would not be justified because again the difference is like night and day.even though you did say it was almost as stupid,so what,its STILL an incredibly stupid thing to say. okay thats fine with me to end it,either you see that he is a manspider and got logic or you dont got logic and dont see it,simple enough.

Susan-Storm
Hey mr parker.. What is the best comic book movie ever huh huh

Mr Parker
Originally posted by doctorstrongbad
Come on people the movies were good. If you wanna see some bad movies watch batman 2-4 or superman 3 and 4. lol

while you are at it you need to add on your precious spider-man one and spider-man two and batman 89 as well as movies that are very bad movies. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Susan-Storm
Hey mr parker.. What is the best comic book movie ever huh huh

Superman One and Two are tied as the best comicbook movie ever made.Thanks for asking. smile

Doc Ock
Originally posted by Mr Parker
while you are at it you need to add on your precious spider-man one and spider-man two and batman 89 as well as movies that are very bad movies. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Here's something for you to think about.

If you reckon Batman 89,Batman Returns and Spider-Man 1&2 are so bad then why did they make more money than Batman Begins and why do the critics and fans love them too???

Mr Parker
Here's something for you to think about.

If you reckon Batman 89,Batman Returns and Spider-Man 1&2 are so bad then why did they make more money than Batman Begins and why do the critics and fans love them too???

Thats something I dont need to think about Doc.Thats an easy one to answer.Batman Begins already had 4 batman movies made prior to it so the need for kids to want to go to the theater and see it wasnt anywhere near as great as it was back in 89 since they could easily pop in a batman movie whenever they wanted to this summer and watch a batman movie and as I stated here in the batman section back in the summer when I made a thread about batman begins,I stated in that thread that since it looked like they were FINALLY making a batman movie that did the character of batman justice and bat fans were finally getting a great batman movie,I was worried that batman begins would do poorly at the box office because it was horribly marketed unlike batman 89,spider-man one and spider-man two were.Those films were brilliantly marketed which was a huge part of their success. Spidey never had had a film made before and not just fans but movie goers as well had been waiting for ages for a spidey film to be made because there had been talk of it for over a decade.and as we have discussed before,without spideys already huge built in audience it already had,no way is it the blockbuster success it was at the box office just like the phantom menace would never have been the blockbuster at the box office it was without its already established well built in fan base it had.

and thats just it,as I pointed out to you before in our pm conversation,the fanbase is split down the middle on the movies because of the organics,spiderman one would easily have been the biggest blockbuster of all time and beat titanic at the box office if not for the organics,but they pissed off the fanbase and lost thousands of fans out there such as the many many tons of posters at the now defunt site NO ORGANIC WEBSHOOTERS.COM I have told you about before. also,the majority of the critics around the country that gave it good reviews only gave it 3 stars where superman one and two got 4 stars when it came out so i seriously doubt they thought it was a magical movie like superman one and two are even though they liked it.the people like alex ross who has bashed this movie big time before and roger ebert as well-he did for the first one anyways,are the kind of critics that know what they are talking about and i can take seriously.while were talking aabout that,think about this,batman begins didnt get near as praise that it deserved in the papers than batman 89 did. but we agree that it is much better than sm 1 and 2 and batman 89 though,think about that. wink

Doc Ock
Well the Star Wars movies have had several movies but each new one cleans up at the box office.Same with the James Bond movies.

So I don't think the fact that Batman Begins had 4 movies prior to it has much to do with it.Especially with an entire new cast and re-start to the franchise.

Evil SeeD
Good point....and the fact that batman failed miserably anyways. The only good batman is batman returns (in my opinion) The rest are just a bunch of crap. Who ever wrote them clearly had something els on their mind.

bakerboy
The only good batman film was batman begins, the rest was pure crap, as the man spider movies.

About the box office issue, as mr parker has said very well, batman begins have four movies before in 6 years. Star wars and james bond are totally different cases. Star wars has the most powerful fan base ever, and there are 16 years between the end of the first triology and the start of the new triology. Its pretty ovious that the fanboys could break the box office to see the origin of darth vader and company. The first bond movies with sean connery did so well until you only live twice. Because of that they replaced connery with lazenby. The movie sucked in the box office. They bring back connery and the movie worked decent. Conney didnt want to do more bond movies and they replaced him with moore, who was pretty decent in the box office but not spectacular. Then tim dalton, who was a ruin for the box office.And at last brosnan, who was spectacular in the box office. But there are a difference between the last dalton movie and the first brosnan movie of 6 years. The first two brosnan movies worked pretty well in the box office, the another two not. Also, batman begins was poorly promoted by warner bross, some people even didnt notice that a new batman movie was made until its release.

Silverstein
Originally posted by bakerboy
The only good batman film was batman begins, the rest was pure crap, as the man spider movies.

About the box office issue, as mr parker has said very well, batman begins have four movies before in 6 years. Star wars and james bond are totally different cases. Star wars has the most powerful fan base ever, and there are 16 years between the end of the first triology and the start of the new triology. Its pretty ovious that the fanboys could break the box office to see the origin of darth vader and company. The first bond movies with sean connery did so well until you only live twice. Because of that they replaced connery with lazenby. The movie sucked in the box office. They bring back connery and the movie worked decent. Conney didnt want to do more bond movies and they replaced him with moore, who was pretty decent in the box office but not spectacular. Then tim dalton, who was a ruin for the box office.And at last brosnan, who was spectacular in the box office. But there are a difference between the last dalton movie and the first brosnan movie of 6 years. The first two brosnan movies worked pretty well in the box office, the another two not. Also, batman begins was poorly promoted by warner bross, some people even didnt notice that a new batman movie was made until its release.

You hate and despise SPIDER-MAN movies yet you cannot stop talking about them...you're posts are too long, can you summarize for others

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Evil SeeD
Good point....and the fact that batman failed miserably anyways. The only good batman is batman returns (in my opinion) The rest are just a bunch of crap. Who ever wrote them clearly had something els on their mind.

Like I said,that was my worst fear that Batman Begins would not do well at the box office because it was so horribly promoted.It wasnt anywhere near as well promoted as Batman 89,the manspider movies or Revenge of the sith was and sith and those movies of course made much more money at the box office than Begins did. As I mentioned before,a huge part of the success of Batman 89 and the manspider movies was they were brilliantly marketed with year long campaigns promoting it,starting with trailers for it in the theaters a year before its release,and posters already in theaters a year before its release.Batman Begins didnt really start promoting till 6 months before it was released.Huge difference there.Marketing made all the difference in the world for the box office success of those movies and the failure of Batman Begins.Doesnt mean they are better movies than Batman Begins though or even good movies for that matter.btw,you are the first person I have ever seen say that Batman Returns was the only good Batman movie.Nice refreshing change for once,usually people ignorantly say Batman 89 was the only good Batman movie and the rest sucked,so Im glad you at least didnt say that. wink

oh by the way,Burton when making Batman Returns was clearly confused and must have thought he was making a sequel to Beetlejuice instead of a batman sequel because the makeup he gave the penguin and made him look, looks just like the makeup Michael keaton wore in Beetlejuice.So Burton clearly had something else on his mind as well and didnt know what he was doing.Nolan was the only Batman director who knew what he was doing.

Silverstein
Originally posted by Mr Parker
Like I said,that was my worst fear that Batman Begins would not do well at the box office because it was so horribly promoted.It wasnt anywhere near as well promoted as Batman 89,the manspider movies or Revenge of the sith was and sith and those movies of course made much more money at the box office than Begins did. As I mentioned before,a huge part of the success of Batman 89 and the manspider movies was they were brilliantly marketed with year long campaigns promoting it,starting with trailers for it in the theaters a year before its release,and posters already in theaters a year before its release.Batman Begins didnt really start promoting till 6 months before it was released.Huge difference there.Marketing made all the difference in the world for the box office success of those movies and the failure of Batman Begins.Doesnt mean they are better movies than Batman Begins though or even good movies for that matter.btw,you are the first person I have ever seen say that Batman Returns was the only good Batman movie.Nice refreshing change for once,usually people ignorantly say Batman 89 was the only good Batman movie and the rest sucked,so Im glad you at least didnt say that. wink

Spider-man 1 & 2 were very well promoted. Trailers and Commercials were absolutely amazing.

Mr Parker
Thats what I just said,that they were very well promoted with year long commericals and trailers which was a huge part of its box office success.Batman Begins was horribly promoted and like Bakerboy said,many people didnt even know it was in the theaters till it was released.All the pr people for Batman Begins should have been fired while all the people for the man-spider movies should have gotten raises and promoted.

danagrint
Spiderman was good but not the 2nd one. THE SECOND ONE GOT 4 STARS

botcherby
wtf how did everyone prefer SM1 over 2??? SM 1 was tragic, SM2 easily had more action and a much better narrative. Also camera angles and editing was done much better in 2.

also Robbie has been suggested in the comics to even know Spideys identity pretty much from the start. I'd love to see tombstone show up in SM 4 or somthing as a minor role and break Robbies back, thats was a great story... then tombstone vanished or somthing

Mainstream
Originally posted by danagrint

it got four stars because it was better....the first one had "power ranger" Green Goblin....scary right? wrong.. the second one had the train scene that by it self is worth 3 stars

Ultimate Hulk43
I loved both Spider-Man movies and I think they NEEDED to do a romance story so that it could be out of the way and they could have MJ and Peter be together.

FYI,there are love stories in the comics too Director321.

Ultimate Hulk43
Originally posted by danagrint

4 stars means the movie was good.

DUH!!* wink

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Mainstream
it got four stars because it was better....the first one had "power ranger" Green Goblin....scary right? wrong.. the second one had the train scene that by it self is worth 3 stars

actually it never got three stars.just 3 and a half.where the first one got 3 stars.yeah thats why the second was much better,the first one was a complete joke and disgraced the comic.

Ultimate Hulk43
I disagree,everything was done to perfection in the first movie.Same for the second movie.

Silverstein
Originally posted by Ultimate Hulk43
I disagree,everything was done to perfection in the first movie.Same for the second movie.

the first movie is like Keaton's 89 Batman...eventually some amazing no name director will pick up the spiderman series and make it soooo damn amazing the raimi spiderman will look so damn awful

Ultimate Hulk43
I still disagree.

Silverstein
I still disagree.

ok, sit through the entire Spider-man 1 movie. Laugh at every joke...just sit through it, sit through all the boring conversations of mj and peter. Lifeless directing. Still Frames!

i thought the movies are ok, but they could do a way better job then what they are now. the 2nd movie was better

Ultimate Hulk43
I like Spider-Man 1 and I can sit through it anytime,just because YOU say it's bad doesn't mean I have to think it's bad.

Silverstein
I like Spider-Man 1 and I can sit through it anytime,just because YOU say it's bad doesn't mean I have to think it's bad.

ya, its just because i watched amazing movies, its hard to go back and settle for less...like Family Guy over the simpsons

Ultimate Hulk43
I prefer the Simpsons over Family Guy.Actually,both are pretty funny shows but the Simpsons is funnier.

Silverstein
I prefer the Simpsons over Family Guy.Actually,both are pretty funny shows but the Simpsons is funnier.

you gotta be kidding me. seriously. you have to be kidding me

Ultimate Hulk43
The Simpsons is better.I don't care if you think I'm kidding or not,I'm DEAD serious.

Silverstein
The Simpsons is better.I don't care if you think I'm kidding or not,I'm DEAD serious.

the simpsons are horrible...well the new simpsons are horrible compared to the awesomely amazing family guy.

back on topic, the spider-man movies need work and im not gonna settle for anything for of AMAZING.

Ultimate Hulk43
You haven't watched the Simpsons enough to understand it.That's why it's ''horrible''.Rrrrrriiiiiiight.

Doc Ock
The Simpsons is horrible.Stopped being funny like 5 seasons ago.

Silverstein
You haven't watched the Simpsons enough to understand it.That's why it's ''horrible''.Rrrrrriiiiiiight.

ummm, actually I have been watching the simpsons for a very long time possibly even longer than you, when the simpsons didnt use stupid jokes. Now the simpsons are trying to be more and more like Family Guy, except they arent funnier.

now lets get back on topic

Ultimate Hulk43
Rrrrrriiiiight,sure they are.

Mr Parker
The Simpsons is horrible.Stopped being funny like 5 seasons ago.

actually it got tiresome and unfunny like 10 years ago.should have been cancelled ages ago.

spencerspider
Simpsons sucks lol wow how did this change to Simpsons?

Silverstein
Originally posted by spencerspider
Simpsons sucks lol wow how did this change to Simpsons?

well i said "ya, its just because i watched amazing movies, its hard to go back and settle for less...like Family Guy over the simpsons"

meaning the spiderman movies are good...just good. They could be sooo much better though. The simpsons are good, but amazing would be Family guy. Im not going to settle for the simpsons if theres Family Guy out there.

spencerspider
yea spiderman could have been much better

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.