Mosh

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cringe
Anybody else think this song and video is awesome?

Dr. Octagon
if you're referring to eminem, then the answer is "no".

Cringe
I'm referring to eminem.I just like the lyrics and the bold statement in the video.

moshtitan
its a shame what eminem did to the word mosh...i despise him.*evil glare*

Dr. Octagon
Originally posted by Cringe
I'm referring to eminem.I just like the lyrics and the bold statement in the video.

laughing @ bold statement

Cringe
Why are you laughing?Its a good song.

Lana
No, it's not.

Dr. Octagon
Why are you laughing?Its a good song. Originally posted by Lana
No, it's not.

thx for answering lana wink

Inspectah Deck

The song is garbage

Lana
Originally posted by Dr. Octagon
thx for answering lana wink

*takes a bow*

queen

tabby999
whats is "bold statement" i've thus far managed to avoid listening to this song

Dr. Octagon
Originally posted by tabby999
whats is "bold statement" i've thus far managed to avoid listening to this song

and keep ignoring it thumb up

tabby999
so you dont know the "bold statement" behind it?

Afro Cheese
I'd tell you what it is but I'm just not bold enough to say it.

Cringe
Why do you guys hate it so much?

Neo_Version 7
I don't think it's THAT bad.

I think it did squat though, in terms of trying affect ppl or whatever.

eggmayo
Dude, go listen to some Rage.. they said all that shit ten years back.
Albeit in a much cooler and worthwhile fashion.

snake_eyes616

it sucks dude. He took a metal tradition and turned it into something that that has nothing to do with the video. eminem is gay.

Dr. Octagon
Eminem does suck nowadays. he had potential.

the album 'Encore' was easily one of the worst albums last year.

Cringe
Yeah I didnt like the album either but I do like this song and the video.

I like the cartoonish effects and stuff and how in the end they march into the place and yell at everyone.

darth_royke
eminem belongs in the "overrated artist" thread.

Dr. Octagon
Originally posted by darth_royke
eminem belongs in the "overrated artist" thread.

i already placed him there i believe.

Dr. Octagon
Yeah I didnt like the album either but I do like this song and the video.

I like the cartoonish effects and stuff and how in the end they march into the place and yell at everyone.

no expression

darth_royke
good lad, dr octagon. i commend thee

Dr. Octagon
good lad, dr octagon. i commend thee

pray

darth_royke
may i announce.... 'sir' dr octagon

Cringe
no expression

Dr. Octagon
may i announce.... 'sir' dr octagon

eek! stick out tongue

no expression

no expression

darth_royke
strike down the eminem loving peasant. fool that he be

Dr. Octagon
strike down the eminem loving peasant. fool that he be

laughing out loud

Cringe
What the f**k?

One of my favorite artist is being bashed in my own thread wacko

darth_royke
that'll teach yawink

nah, if you like him, you like him. you'll grow out of it one day. kids will be kids! (just having a laughwink)

Cringe
I kinda have grown out of him.I mean I liked his old stuff and I liked "The Eminem Show" and his angry attidude of rage that shown in alot of his songs but his new album,"Encore",sounds like songs that where made just to get attention and to get played on the radio.

I do like MOSH though.

tabby999
no ones told me what the bold statement is. not even cringe. and i'm not going to listen to the song to find out what it is.

Dr. Octagon
Originally posted by tabby999
no ones told me what the bold statement is. not even cringe. and i'm not going to listen to the song to find out what it is.

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Alpha Centauri
I kinda have grown out of him.I mean I liked his old stuff and I liked "The Eminem Show" and his angry attidude of rage that shown in alot of his songs but his new album,"Encore",sounds like songs that where made just to get attention and to get played on the radio.

Anything after The Slim Shady LP is like that.

-AC

Cringe
No.The Eminem Show was good and showed originality.

Alpha Centauri
No, it didn't. It was a piece of pop garbage that he tried to turn into a cool, trendy rock/hip hop album and he failed miserably.

It was his completion of becoming a self parody and everything he ever said he'd never become.

-AC

Cringe
No it was a good album.

Lana
Maybe you think it was....but it wasn't.

Inspectah Deck
no expression

Stop hating

Dr. Octagon
No it was a good album.

laughing prove it, dont just give your opinion.

and i agree with AC on this. i liked Em in 97' with his freestyles and 'Infinite' was pretty good.

Alpha Centauri
No it was a good album.

No, it wasn't. The Slim Shady LP was groundbreaking, innovative and to be fair, an incredible hip hop album.

Anything after he released The Real Slim Shady has been him showing that after all, he did give a f*ck. Because he ended up becoming everything he ever hated. A coward, a sell out, a corporate b*tch. The fact that he still classes himself as some incredible battle MC is laughable. He tried to call out Canibus around the time of The Eminem Show and then realised "Wait, bit out of my depth range here."

Nothing original or good about it.

-AC

Cringe
How was he a sellout?His songs where bad and trashed talked everybody he felt like trash talking including his own family.That doesnt sound like a sell-out to me?If he where a sell-out he would've made poppier lyrics and would've gone soft.

Dr. Octagon
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
No, it wasn't. The Slim Shady LP was groundbreaking, innovative and to be fair, an incredible hip hop album.

Anything after he released The Real Slim Shady has been him showing that after all, he did give a f*ck. Because he ended up becoming everything he ever hated. A coward, a sell out, a corporate b*tch. The fact that he still classes himself as some incredible battle MC is laughable. He tried to call out Canibus around the time of The Eminem Show and then realised "Wait, bit out of my depth range here."

Nothing original or good about it.

-AC

it was good. IMO not incredible.

Alpha Centauri
it was good. IMO not incredible.

There are lots of reasons why I call it that. His style hadn't been seen before, his lyrics were clever and funny on MULTIPLE levels and considering that he had the reputation of rappers like Marky Mark and Vanilla Ice hanging over him, I'd say he did pretty well.

How was he a sellout? His songs where bad and trashed talked everybody he felt like trash talking including his own family.That doesnt sound like a sell-out to me?If he where a sell-out he would've made poppier lyrics and would've gone soft.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Brain Damage was real Eminem. Without Me, Superman and Sing for the Moment is not real Eminem. He sold out when he dropped The Real Slim Shady and realised he could cash in on millions of little kids.

Fact. Undeniable fact.

-AC

Inspectah Deck
How was he a sellout?His songs where bad and trashed talked everybody he felt like trash talking including his own family.That doesnt sound like a sell-out to me?If he where a sell-out he would've made poppier lyrics and would've gone soft.

Poppier? laughing out loud

Cringe
There are lots of reasons why I call it that. His style hadn't been seen before, his lyrics were clever and funny on MULTIPLE levels and considering that he had the reputation of rappers like Marky Mark and Vanilla Ice hanging over him, I'd say he did pretty well.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Brain Damage was real Eminem. Without Me, Superman and Sing for the Moment is not real Eminem. He sold out when he dropped The Real Slim Shady and realised he could cash in on millions of little kids.

Fact. Undeniable fact.

-AC

Without Me was him.It resembled "My Name Is" and "The Real Slim Shady" which are two songs I loved.

I didnt like Superman.

"Sing for the Moment" was ok but not one of the ones i;m reffering to.

I'm mostly talking about "White America","Loose Yourself",and "Cleaning out my Closet"

Alpha Centauri
Without Me was him.It resembled "My Name Is" and "The Real Slim Shady" which are two songs I loved.

I didnt like Superman.

"Sing for the Moment" was ok but not one of the ones i;m reffering to.

I'm mostly talking about "White America","Loose Yourself",and "Cleaning out my Closet"

Lose Yourself was a song he made to promote his own movie.

Cleaning Out My Closet was a song he used to cash in on his oldest motif. "Boo hoo bad life. Despite me being the richest hip pop artist on Earth."

Sing for the Moment was cliched bullshit aimed at nothing more than raking in money.

White America was the same sh*t he'd been spewing on forever.

Without Me was him becoming what everyone wanted him to be. A clown, a court jester. Nothing more.

You obviously buy into all that. Let it go.

-AC

Cringe
Those are some good theorys?

Ever think he might of actually made some songs to actually express what he felt? roll eyes (sarcastic) .It's like you guys think everyone is a liar.

Alpha Centauri
Those are some good theorys?

Ever think he might of actually made some songs to actually express what he felt? roll eyes (sarcastic) .It's like you guys think everyone is a liar.

He expressed what he felt, honestly, on The Slim Shady LP. Anyone with a clear ear can tell that.

Anything after that is him cashing in.

-AC

Cringe
Like I said,nice theory smile

Dr. Octagon
Eminem got alot of influence from Masta Ace and Chino XL. he's had potential to being a legend, but i dont consider him a legend. and i see what your saying AC about him having the reputation hanging over from Marky Mark and Vanilla Ice.

Alpha Centauri
Chino XL is excellent.

Infact, Eminem was on a track with him, Tech N9ne and a few others. The Anthem I believe, back when he was good.

-AC

Dr. Octagon
Chino XL is excellent.

Infact, Eminem was on a track with him, Tech N9ne and a few others. The Anthem I believe, back when he was good.

-AC

yea the Wake Up Show anthem.

i remember on Wake Up Show they were saying Eminem might be faking this image of "hate against his mother" and all the "abuse", cuz Chino went through the exact same thing as a kid.

but i dunno. i dont think someone would fake his image just to make $$$...

but look at 50 cent <---- laughing

Alpha Centauri
It's clear that Eminem has made money off it.

If he wanted to vent some of it through music, fine. Music is great for that. It doesn't take 3 albums to do so. Nor would I wanna give the world every single detail.

It doesn't add up.

-AC

Cringe
What happened to discussing the MOSH video " confused

Dr. Octagon
What happened to discussing the MOSH video " confused

the video sucks
the song sucks
eminem sucks

simple as that. he had potential. went down the drain.

simple as that.

Cringe
oookkkkk.... blink

Dr. Octagon
oookkkkk.... blink

? u asked a question and i answered huh

Cringe
blink

You guys are crazy.lol j/k no expression

Dr. Octagon
no expression

Tengu Man
ive never been able to get into eminem the song that just hit MTV i think it was called "ass like that" i dont really care,the song is horrible, all i had to do is watch the moive, its a pure example of a Sell-out, stale, cookie-cutter, mainstream bullshit. i dont like when he talks his street slang either, he sounds like such a wannabe. like the interview he had talkin abbout the "beef" between him/50 cent vs. ja rule and Benzino and few others. hes weak man, jus get over it. he had potential. i remeber when i first heard "my name is" i think i was like middle school or sumthin, honestly that Marhsall Mathers, and I Am are the only songs i ever liked by him.

Cringe
He talks like that because that's how he was raised.

I Am is also a good song I didnt mention.Love that one.

Yeah we all hate Encore no expression

"Ass Like That" is a little amusing when you first hear it but when it all comes down to it its a bad song.

Just to set the record straight the only songs I like on his CD,Encore,are:

Like Toy Soldiers
MockingBird

Dr. Octagon
i dont like any songs off that album. Mockingbird was decent. in my opinion, his best album was 'Infinite'

Cringe
What is "infinite"?I looked on his website and didnt see it.

Like Toy Soldies was also decent.

stunna1773
wuts wrong wit the song eminem was just helping to get people to vote gosh

Dr. Octagon

'Infinite' is Em's first album. easily his best work.

Cringe
Originally posted by stunna1773

Thank You smile

Dr. Octagon
Originally posted by stunna1773

you dont get it roll eyes (sarcastic)

Alpha Centauri

It wasn't decent was it? It was damn awful. Wake the hell up.

-AC

Afro Cheese
'Infinite' is Em's first album. easily his best work. Really... you think so?

I'd put SSLP miles above Infinite and MMLP above it as well.. though not by as many miles.

Cringe
It wasn't decent was it? It was damn awful. Wake the hell up.

-AC

You guys are way too hard to please wink .Why do I bother discussing music with you?

Alpha Centauri
I'm not hard to please, I just don't accept bullsh*t.

You didn't even know about Infinite, clearly an MTV fan.

-AC

Dr. Octagon
I'm not hard to please, I just don't accept bullsh*t.

You didn't even know about Infinite, clearly an MTV fan.

-AC

exactly^

afro cheese> i liked Infinite and SSLP, but i just liked Infinite more. i guess it was just more appealing to me.

Phat J
i was gonna get infinite, then everybody i know bought encore and it turned me off of eminem. i like mosh's beat but the song was weak, just jumpin on the hate bush bandwagon. his album with till i collapse and white america was my favourite, think it was SSLP.

Alpha Centauri
No, those songs are shit. That album was.....The Eminem Show.

-AC

Phat J
No, those songs are shit. That album was.....The Eminem Show.

-AC

wow...i think their good. thats his best album in my opinion. i dont like eminem anymore, but back when i didnt know any better, those were my favourite songs.

Cringe
clearly an MTV fan.

-AC

I dont watch MTV confused and yes you are hard to please.I mean if you dont like at least one or two songs from his last two albums I think your asking to much from him wink

Alpha Centauri
Hahahaha. His last two albums have been utter pop bullsh*it.

He's a sellout, nothing you say disputes that.

-AC

barbarossa
Eminem, Mosh and everything that guy has put out in years is total shit. But You've already heard this from hh and AC.

If you are looking for something good....

http://www.hiphop-elements.com/me/AudioPlay.php?sFileName=2975.rm

eggmayo
Originally posted by barbarossa
Eminem, Mosh and everything that guy has put out in years is total shit. But You've already heard this from hh and AC.

If you are looking for something good....

http://www.hiphop-elements.com/me/AudioPlay.php?sFileName=2975.rm
That sucks.
Maybe some good lyrics but sounding good is half the song.

Inspectah Deck
I dont watch MTV confused and yes you are hard to please.I mean if you dont like at least one or two songs from his last two albums I think your asking to much from him wink

laughing Funny guy

tabby999
i know, genius. well i hope you guys are proud, i had to read the lyrics to find out about this "bold statement." ok, anit bush. someone could have told me that much for nothing. while some of the lyrics were good, hes really not saying anything new. he jumped on the bandwagon a little too late really, and to me the only people who'll be affected by this song are the 13-16 year old wiggas who dont have a clue about politics. all of a sudden they'll have an opinion (eminems opinion) and everything they know about it will be from that song. he hasn't taken an incredibly new or bold stance. and yes, his last few cds have been let downs, i do like his old stuff though, it makes me laugh more than this "ass like that" crap ever will

Cringe
Hahahaha. His last two albums have been utter pop bullsh*it.-AC

laughing

Your joking right?

Phat J
eminem is so overated, and he definitely wasnt joking.

the song infinite is dope, i dont really like the whole album tho.

Alpha Centauri
laughing

Your joking right?

No, they actually have. Unless of course you really are an MTV fan who believes that any video where he isn't acting like a f*ckwit, is serious?

Mockingbird? Ass Like That? Just Lose it? Come on, the man is sh*t. Wake up.

-AC

Phat J
as soon as i heard the israeli voice, i lost all hope for him. and when the **** will he shut up about his goddamn daughter, honestly.

Cringe
No, they actually have. Unless of course you really are an MTV fan who believes that any video where he isn't acting like a f*ckwit, is serious?

Mockingbird? Ass Like That? Just Lose it? Come on, the man is sh*t. Wake up.

-AC

I AM NOT A FREAKING MTV FAN.I DONT EVEN HAVE MTV! smile

I hated "Ass Like That" and "Just Loose It".

"Mockingbird" was a songsthat had good rythm,melody, and flowed.

-Cringe stick out tongue

koolruningz
This a really funny thread. I cant judge anything he has put out post Eminem Show, i just refused to listen. I unfortunately heard "Loose it" on the radio at work and had to take the rest of the day off.
He has basically whored himself out to whatever pleases the masses and thats not the sort of hip hop i want to listen to.
Its a shame because he does have some skill but there are so many emcees that would run circles around him.

Alpha Centauri

I hated "Ass Like That" and "Just Loose It".

"Mockingbird" was a songsthat had good rythm,melody, and flowed.

-Cringe stick out tongue

No, Mockingbird was Eminem completing the full circle of becoming a parodied, singing pop artist.

It was shit and so is he. You're wrong, get over it.

-AC

Cringe
No, Mockingbird was Eminem completing the full circle of becoming a parodied, singing pop artist.

It was shit and so is he. You're wrong, get over it.

-AC

Mockingbird was a good song.Get over it.

-Cringe

Dr. Octagon
Mockingbird was a good song.Get over it.

-Cringe

no it wasn't. at the same time there were 1,000 better songs.

Cringe
That doesnt even make sense.

Dr. Octagon
That doesnt even make sense.

yes it does, ur just not getting it.

Cringe
I get it but it just sound like a stupid sentence that didnt make sense for some reason.

Dr. Octagon
I get it but it just sound like a stupid sentence that didnt make sense for some reason.

it didn't sound stupid no2

Cringe
It sounded weird so I assumed you where saying something stupid.Of course there are alot of songs better than mockingbird.There may and most likely be even a thousand songs better.

Dr. Octagon
It sounded weird so I assumed you where saying something stupid.Of course there are alot of songs better than mockingbird.There may and most likely be even a thousand songs better.

not most likely, guaranteed a thousand better songs

Afro Cheese
Being an MTV fan has as much to do with the actual channel MTV as Music Television has to do with actual music.

Alpha Centauri
This is one of those examples of, what I like to call, borderline fact.

While not actually provable, it's a given that Britney Spears is shit. Just likes it's a given that Eminem's past two albums have been complete and utter MTV horse crap. It's not up for debate. At least admit that he is a pop hop artist, and has been for some time.

The fact that you didn't even know about Infinite, yet think Mockingbird (in which he becomes a singing pop artist) is a good song, suggests that you have absolutely no validity when it comes to music. Sorry.

-AC

Dr. Octagon

While not actually provable, it's a given that Britney Spears is shit. Just likes it's a given that Eminem's past two albums have been complete and utter MTV horse crap. It's not up for debate. At least admit that he is a pop hop artist, and has been for some time.

The fact that you didn't even know about Infinite, yet think Mockingbird (in which he becomes a singing pop artist) is a good song, suggests that you have absolutely no validity when it comes to music. Sorry.

-AC

yes <---simple as that

Cringe

-AC

Thanks Ac.The world is starting to piece together now that ive heard some of your so called wisdom roll eyes (sarcastic)

-cringe

Alpha Centauri
Well you're already signing your name like me.

I should write a song called I'm the Real AC, all you other AC's are just copying etc.

-AC

tabby999
yep, and then release a song about how much you hate bush, you'll make millions.

Tengu Man

-AC ahhhh the sweet sound of true knowledge and wisdom, a true Jedi Master smokin'

-hh-
Well you're already signing your name like me.

I should write a song called I'm the Real AC, all you other AC's are just copying etc.

-AC

knowledge is the key, so just show me the lock -ATCQ

Tengu Man
he apparently locked himself out of his common sense......... must not have a spare huh?

Victor Von Doom

While not actually provable, it's a given that Britney Spears is shit.

Oh look, it's Dr. Fox.

Snoopbert
"two albums have been complete and utter MTV horse crap."

Eminem Show was gold. Encore was shit. 'nuff said.

Alpha Centauri
Fool's gold maybe.

-AC

Snoopbert
Then I'm a fool no expression

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.