A different kind of Vs..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SS_181st_Snow
Okay, this is a bit different. It's not a typical Duel. If padme had been a surpreme chancellor, which would be better? Padme Amidala-Skywalker and her Old Republic vs. Leia Organa Solo and her New Republic? Which would be the more effective leader?

Kam Solusar
Padme. she always had more authority

Fishy

Gryn Jabar
Leia. All we see of Padme is propping forward an overblown, incubent senate to pursue her own ends.

Tangible God
Originally posted by Gryn Jabar
Leia. All we see of Padme is propping forward an overblown, incubent senate to pursue her own ends. Horrendously true.

Gryn Jabar
Originally posted by Kam Solusar
Padme. she always had more authority
Like she had over Anakin? laughing

overlord
Leia is hardcore. She will even strangle a giant slug naked if she has to.
Padme is a little girl and hands authority to a Gungan, how dumb can you be?

masterkit
that is a VERY good point

see if she never did that Palpatine might not have had control over the clones.

Yet, she probaly would have did it herself anyway

Fishy

Tangible God

Fishy
How could she have given her powers to the Senator of another planet, that would be a conflict of interests for him...

And yeah that thing, but like I said there is a chance Padme would have been convinced by Palpatine, and she assumed that because Jar Jar would only be around people she trusted he would not be convinced to do anything she didn't want him to do.

Tangible God
We can only assume about what never happened.

Fishy
I know, still I think she made a good choice with Jar Jar...

Tangible God
Except for his dumbass decision that totalled the Jedi order, while establishing the Sith, destroyed a millenia old gov't and effectively caused the deaths of what must have been trilions if not quadrillions of sentients and the destruction of a fair few planets, I'd say yeah, great choice.

So who else likes poptarts?

Fishy
Sreiously though when not looking back what choice would you have made? Who would you have put in that position?

SS_181st_Snow
They should've have a Jedi or two in the senate. Even if they couldn't sense something in Palpy, they'd've suspected something, since no normal human can hide his emotions from the Force. He'd've consulted the Jedi Council, and everything would be back to normal.

Fishy
Actually normal humans can hide their emotions from Jedi several have.

But thats not really the point, the Jedi were closer to Palpatine then most people in the senate, I doubt one or two Jedi in the senate could have changed anything.

SS_181st_Snow
Really? I never heard of normal people hiding their emotions or deception from jedi.

Fishy
Atton did it, of course he was force sensitive but he talked about other people doing it as well.

Tangible God
Originally posted by Fishy
Sreiously though when not looking back what choice would you have made? Who would you have put in that position? Absolutely noone, if I had no choice, I still would not pick that stupid gungan.

Fishy
Originally posted by Tangible God
Absolutely noone, if I had no choice, I still would not pick that stupid gungan.

So you can't think of anybody better for the position either?

Tangible God
No I can't, if you're not allowed senators from other planets to carry your vote.

But no matter what, even if I had to forfeit my vote, I would never, ever give it over to that gungan. Padme thought she made the right decision, she thought she could count on Jar Jar to vote against a military creation...she was wrong. No matter what his intention's were, they turned out for the worst, and he couldn't even see through that ploy Palpatine and Blue Man put on.

Fishy
No I can't, if you're not allowed senators from other planets to carry your vote.

But no matter what, even if I had to forfeit my vote, I would never, ever give it over to that gungan. Padme thought she made the right decision, she thought she could count on Jar Jar to vote against a military creation...she was wrong. No matter what his intention's were, they turned out for the worst, and he couldn't even see through that ploy Palpatine and Blue Man put on.

Oh come on even Yoda couldn't see through that.

Tangible God
Was Yoda present at that meeting?

Fishy

overlord
I wouldn't trust the universe to anybody actually, but a brainless primitive creature like Jar Jar? Like hell I WILL!! I'm not saying everybody else would have seen through Palpatines tricks, I'm saying that you shouldn't pass over the universe to some IQ-less amphibian, that's just stupid. Leia wins this one. Perioso.

Fishy

overlord
IEH! JAR JAR FANBOY! WILL NOT ADMIT YOU CAN TRUST PEOPLE WITH AT LEAST HALF A WIT TOO! IEEEHH!!

Yeah, pretty smart to put a moron in control, Jar Jar is the most easy to manipulate there is. Anybody can push his own political goals on someone like Jar Jar and make it seem necessary to Jar Jar, because as you probably didn't know, Jar Jar is dumb..
Jar Jar is basically a free ticket to power for all politicians. Give it up, Leia is smarter.

(for any questions remaining; picture below will explain everything)

Fishy

overlord
Doesn't convince me.. Chosing Jar Jar is as good as leaving a ticket to power on her seat, then leaving for certain death..
I think it was just a simple excuse of GL to finally grant Sidious his total control. It is and will be a bad plot, it should've and could've been better.

Fishy

overlord
She should've handed it over to Sidious immediately.. stick out tongue Nah.. Anyway, I don't care who, it's a bad scene/plot anyway to my opinion. As long as it's not some clumsy pet animal who drops bombs on his own troops..

She probably couldn't have chosen anyone outside of the political party like jedi for example, still there should be some friends who wouldn't betray her.. I don't think everybody who owns a brain would betray her by default, but anyway I don't want to begin a discussion or something about that..

Fishy

overlord
AAAH!! You wrote a whole fanfic story! Kan het niet kort maar krachtig? Sorry hoor maar uh.. Je overtuigd me toch niet dat Jar Jar de beste keus is.. Of toch? K'denk het niet.. Ik zal wel gewoon gelijk hebben ofzo.. Ook een mogelijkheid..

Isn't Bail Organa in the politics? He can be trusted, there must be more or even friends who share her political vision and etc etc etc, anyway I don't want to go into an endless debate about this now. Or you would really come with a reason why nobody can be trusted except a man with a stone in his head, then I will be convinced.

Fishy

overlord
Come on.. It's not like Bail Organa will go do something horrible, do you think Padme is ultra paranoid or something (nothing but her will or something)? You can actually trust some people even if they have their own main priorities. Maybe you see everybody as opportunistic or something? Is that it?
Anyway Jar Jar is just a dangerous choice, he is weak minded.

Fishy

overlord
If Bail for example would have been granted some power, I don't think he would even think of abusing her trust, it would send out a totally wrong signal to everybody in the whole galaxy, you can't just get away with everything. Why would he suddenly do something wich Padme doesn't want.. ulgh.. I hate this little discussion you lured me in.
Still, you don't really convince me with it.. I still think Jar Jar is a loose canon. He is more dangerous with any power than some people as he is so naive, there must be better choices.

Fishy

overlord
You are thinking more paranoid about trust by the second, his career would be over if the media exposed the former piece loving senators abuse of trust.
And if there are so many, she should be able to find someone who shares her political view or someone she knows.
It makes less and less sense to trust Jar Jar! There must be someone who isn't as dangerous a risk as Jar Jar.

But why are we going on about this anyway? let's just keep it at personal opinion instead of waisting our time! Great idea, no?!

Tangible God
Wow, good match going here.

But Padme didn't have a choice, we think, we don't know the rules of the Senate in SW, we don't know if she couldn't pass her vote to the hands of Organa, but he would have been a good choice, he opposed the military creation as well.

And I seriously doubt that he would have fallen for Palpatine's little word trick.

All in all, this can't be resolved, it's a matter of opinion and the movie's already been made, so there's no changing it.

Fishy
Wow, good match going here.

But Padme didn't have a choice, we think, we don't know the rules of the Senate in SW, we don't know if she couldn't pass her vote to the hands of Organa, but he would have been a good choice, he opposed the military creation as well.

And I seriously doubt that he would have fallen for Palpatine's little word trick.

All in all, this can't be resolved, it's a matter of opinion and the movie's already been made, so there's no changing it.

He opposed military creation yes, but did he oppose killing all baby's for 5 years to stop over population?

I'm not saying that something like that was going on or was being debated let alone stand that he would vote for such a law. But the simple fact is that there are more things then just the creation of an army to worry about.

Tangible God
Originally posted by Fishy
He opposed military creation yes, but did he oppose killing all baby's for 5 years to stop over population?

I'm not saying that something like that was going on or was being debated let alone stand that he would vote for such a law. But the simple fact is that there are more things then just the creation of an army to worry about. It seems to be the main thing when it comes to galactic protection and peace. He's a senator, in times of crisis you have to worry about what'll affect everyone the most.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.