The LOST Theory

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cringe
Does anyone else think that maybe the plane was crashed on purpose and was all a plane devised by some of the sciene guys as an experiment.Maybe the "sickness" the french woman keeps talking about is a gas that you breathe in that makes you see things (hence the monster).That maybe this was all a big plane to see what they would do in a situation like the one there in?I know its a pretty common theory around LOST fans but tell me what you think.

I mean Damon Lindelof at the LOST convention said that the plane defintly didnt crash by accident and that it crashed for a very specific reason so I think that supports my theory and plus Locke has been raggin on all last season about them going to the island for a reason and blah blah blah.

Hit_and_Miss
I think you will find the reason the plan crashed.... in fact everything crashed on the island is due to the magnetic disturbances coming from the island...

The problem with the monster being in their head theory is the pilot got killed by it... it needs to have some physical presence to have killed him...

I don't think there is a sickness... as such...

I'll go into detail later on my theories

Cringe
Why would so much be mentioned of a sickness if there really wasnt at least something funky going on?

Yeah I dont think the monster's in their head either wink

Hit_and_Miss
what has been said about a sickness anyways???
1st clue.. it says quarantine...
"It could be a testing site for animals to see if polar bears can live in tropical environments"
Poor example but that would require the area to be quarantined... without a virus...
2nd clue desmond asks if they are sick...
Desmond asks if they are sick... does he even know half about that base... chances are he was told there was a virus by the previous guy just to stop him wandering off and leaving him.... there doesn't seem to me much proof of sickness in the enviroment... no dead plants or animals... no humans trying to eat brains....

I think its just a trick the writers are doing to make you think virus while a more plausible explanation exists...

Cringe
The french woman said that she killed her whole crew because "the sickness"

Hit_and_Miss
yes but she doesn't give it any details, you would of though the lost peeps would of talked to her a bit more...... and why didn't she get it?

If it was a sickness I think she ment in terms of them becoming different people... not getting Ill or dying...

Morning_Glory
blah

Hit_and_Miss
Thats a good point! blah... Why didn't I think of that earlier! that explains soo much! yes whistle

Morning_Glory

Hit_and_Miss
WOW another stunning revelation! you gotta stop or you will ruin what little of the story line I don't know now!

Cringe
Hey last season when ETHAN killed one the survivors,jack said he came from the water.The people who took wlat where in the water..........

Hit_and_Miss
yes... people can swim ya see.... thats what jack was talking about.

Cringe
But maybe it has something else to do with it.Perhaps the same boat that the others used to kidnapped walt helped Ethan get from one place to the other undetected.

sorrow
Originally posted by Hit_and_Miss
what has been said about a sickness anyways???
1st clue.. it says quarantine...
"It could be a testing site for animals to see if polar bears can live in tropical environments"
Poor example but that would require the area to be quarantined... without a virus...
2nd clue desmond asks if they are sick...
Desmond asks if they are sick... does he even know half about that base... chances are he was told there was a virus by the previous guy just to stop him wandering off and leaving him....

what about when desmond injecting himself with something.. (he took some of it when he ran off too..) will that indicate that he's sick or preventing the virus?

Hit_and_Miss
desmond didn't know what the button does... does he know what hes injecting himself with? or did the previous guy just tell him to inject himself to "save the world"

sorrow
mmmm... that makes sense.. roll eyes (sarcastic)

well.. does he know anything no expression

jaden101
i do think it will end up being some sort of government experiment...something akin to the film "cube" but having the island instead of a man built structure

sort of a cross between cube and jurassic park

Hit_and_Miss
what do you think then sorrow?

sorrow
about what? desmond or the whole thing?

well, at this point it could be anything,.. we can only predict.. desmond could inject something to him without knowing what it's for, or the island is part of the government thing.. who knows right? we can only wait and watch.. hehehe.. well.. what do you think?

Hit_and_Miss
ive already posted most of my views.. personaly i think theres 4-5 other hatches

sorrow
why is that?

it never occured to me that there are more than 1 hatch... confused

Hit_and_Miss
Copied from other thread...

I had an idea after seeing that ep again, The orientation was 3/6.. the hatch was built to test magnatism... I think there are 5 other bases on the island each set up to test a different part of each 6 things the scientist were interested in... The shark had a different symbol on it...
So far we have seen evidence that they did tests;
zoology Sharks and Polar bears, The thing in the forest
electromagnetism The hatch has a magnetic testing centre,
parapsychology..... Walt was said to be not normal.... was he taken for testing... I believe so

I think that one of the bases might be under water... as that wire led off the island for no aparent reason...

sorrow
oh yaa.. cool.. you might be right..

you mention that orientation video, did you notice that there was a time when he was explaining something and probably because the film is old .. it skipped e few seconds so we didnt really hear the whole sentence..

or is it just me.. confused

Hit_and_Miss
yer... but I didn't think much off it... it couldn't of told that much of interest in 1 sec...

sorrow
could be more than one sentence.. stick out tongue

anyway, it's one more day until the next episode.. smile

Hit_and_Miss
2 for me... I dl them.... so I have to avoid the forum so eps don't get ruinned!

sorrow
2 for me... I dl them.... so I have to avoid the forum so eps don't get ruinned!

honestly .. me too stick out tongue

how do you download them?

Hit_and_Miss
bit torrents... I use bitlord.. I get very good quailty dls for 360MBs

sorrow
nice.. big grin

Cringe
Everytime I try to download bits with bitlord and torrentspy they always wait a bajillion how to "connect" so I just stop because they never work for me.Also it messes up my computer for some reason.

Personally I really think it may be some goverment experiement to see how humans react in certain situations.They're all pawns.

willRules
One theory is that they all died on the plane crash and they are all in a purgatory like state. the people on the island are others passing through this limbo dimension. However this theory doesn't explain the animals on the island................

Cringe
Thats quite stupid wink

Hit_and_Miss
Originally posted by willRules
One theory is that they all died on the plane crash and they are all in a purgatory like state. the people on the island are others passing through this limbo dimension. However this theory doesn't explain the animals on the island................

I believe the producers said that everything has a plausible explanations... That theory would suck as much as the whole project being controlled by aliens...

Cringe
Indeed.

Bun Bun
I just am checking up witht he 1st season... im really behind but im hooked...

But i think that they are in some sort of zone between heavn..... kinda like the burmuita(sry cant spell that word) tringal. and that they were all ment to crash and be on this island. just a thought...

Cringe
Sawyers get's killed in the finale hahahahahah and Jack gets shot rolling on floor laughing I JUST SPOILED THE WHOLE SEASON FOR YOU!!!! AHAHAHAHAHA

Bun Bun
#cry_baby#

omg..... ok ill pretend i didnt see that....

laughing out loud knowing me i defently will forget that... laughing out loud

Cringe
You will never forget.When your watching the season finale all your gonna think about is how they're gonna pull it off!

Bun Bun
HEY! mad I saw one from the new season and sawyeris still there!!

muserke
Originally posted by Cringe
Sawyers get's killed in the finale hahahahahah and Jack gets shot rolling on floor laughing I JUST SPOILED THE WHOLE SEASON FOR YOU!!!! AHAHAHAHAHA
Wanker. mad

How mature.

Hit_and_Miss
Just ignore anything that cringe says if hes trying to be serious.... Its either lies or rubbish...

Cringe
sad

You guys always ruin my fun!

Morning_Glory
he's never serious and if he is he's just being an incredible dumb ass...

Cringe
Mrs "I want jin to open a door for me" roll eyes (sarcastic)

Bun Bun
Just ignore anything that cringe says if hes trying to be serious.... Its either lies or rubbish...
laughing out loud yeah ive noticed now laughing out loud
sad

To bad for u stick out tongue
Originally posted by Morning_Glory
he's never serious and if he is he's just being an incredible dumb ass...
laughing out loud

Now i really wish tho that i had gotten into it when it stared.. erm it would for been much ezer yes

cindy8219
Bun Bun!!!

Bun Bun
OMG!! eek! Cindy!! hug

Cringe
Originally posted by Bun Bun
laughing out loud yeah ive noticed now laughing out loud

Im really not.I like messing with them though.They get so easily annoyed over the dumbest things,its hilarious,really.

_Sanctuary_
It is all a government conspiracy I tell you!
Bermuda triangle!
Limbo!
Hell!

Cringe
blink

~Forever Lost~
Originally posted by _Sanctuary_
It is all a government conspiracy I tell you!
Bermuda triangle!
Limbo!
Hell! yes

_Sanctuary_
No-one here understands me...miffed

Nelix
Hi all

New to the forum but addicted to the series

Just going back to the french women and here comment that she killed her crew due to the Sickness. What she does not say or implie in any way shape or form is whether it was the crew that had the sickness or herself !!!!!!!!!

What do you think?????????

Nelix

_Sanctuary_
huh? really? bangin

choosewisely
sad

tomato
weird enough you make us do it

_Sanctuary_
about frenchie having the sickness...
Do you think it is true or that we're looking to far into it?

choosewisely
nah shes just......eerm....nah....she killed them because she thought they became sick

_Sanctuary_
yeah.. probaley looking too far into it...
I wanna know what they looked like when they got it!twisted

choosewisely
like bananas

_Sanctuary_
Happy Dance bananas make me sick... fish

choosewisely
ok Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

_Sanctuary_
Hurley reminds me of a banana...

choosewisely
.....more a giant mango

_Sanctuary_
laughing out loud Hurley has weird hair...

_Sanctuary_
afro

_Sanctuary_
afro2

choosewisely
1.....2no expression...3 ??

_Sanctuary_
Has Cringe been scared off then?

choosewisely
i think so.....i hope so

_Sanctuary_
QUACK

Frigid Soul
Originally posted by willRules

That's acutally a plausible idea. In E! Weekly magazine, that theory was suggested. It said that all the characters (most of whom led questionable lives) all died in the crash and are now in purgatory, and when a character dies he or she is really going to either heaven or hell.

I think its an interesting notion.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.