Who is the best QB in the NFL?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
I think Peyton Manning is the best.

Rogue Jedi
i can already hear the booing on my choice.

forumcrew
why is Eli on the list in place of others like green,hasselbeck, palmer, bulger? ohwell none of them would be picked anyway im sure.. Farve is my favorite and I still think he is great, but hes surrounded by incapable players, he still makes amazing things happen that I dont think any of these other guys would. Manning is just unreal though, hes got a great arm and a great brain.. hes very smart on the field and does more then any other. Brady is a bit of a mix. He doesnt have the the raw talent, but he can throw a good deep ball when he needs to. He also has great heart like farve and can lead a nice come back.. Brady just seems to not be able to handle pressure well.. this iis because his O-line is sweet and he doesnt have to deal with it as much as other.. and Id have mcnabb be 4th on that list. Vick can move up if he ever decides to play QB.

Rogue Jedi
i just picked the ones that came to mind, sorry. i agree with you on vick, he would be a much better running back or d back.

Dr. Octagon
i voted Mcnabb

PINBALL
about half those guys shouldnt be on their i agree with forumcrew with those same guys eli sucks

forumcrew
ok i never said eli sucks.. if you think eli sucks you dont know anything about football. but putting him among the elite nfl QB's is a mistake was my point. Eli has yet to even play 1 full season, and he is off to a great start. Not to mention look at his family.. I have no doubt that Eli will be a very very good QB in the NFL.. and I dont think it will take him alot of time, hes just not there yet. But he is off to a great year for his first year as a starter.

Rogue Jedi
i SAID i just posted a few that came to mind, my bad.

forumcrew
you pretty much got all the best ones anyway

PINBALL
Eli sucks in his first season as a rookie he went 1-10 and when he got drafted by the chargers(a way better team ) he basicly cried and got his daddy to get him traded hes doing ok this season but in his career over all as a pro he sucks

forumcrew
im sorry but you are simply wrong. First of all in his first season he went 1-5 as a starter you made up 1-10.. and his 5 loses came against falcons, eagles, redskins, steelers, and bengals.. not exactly easy teams. And ATL, Pitt, and Cinci were all very close games. And so far this year, he has a QB rating of 97.8 almost 1,000 yards in 4 games, and 9 TD's only 2 INT's If you think that sucks you have never watched a football game before. Just to give you a comparison.. Peyton manning this year.. QB rating 97.4 (edge Eli) Yards 868 (edge Eli) 6 TD's 2 INT's (edge ELI) This is not counting todays week 5 game because eli had a bye. Also Peyton went 6-10 in his FOURTH YEAR.

Its always funny when people just make things up to prove a point..

DanZeke25
If this was last year, i would be pissed that you didnt put Culpepper on it instead of Eli Manning. But since Culpepper sucks this year, i can see why.

Dexx
you could have used the nfl discussion for this. i won't merge it because it will keep the poll there as well. just remember for future refference

forumcrew
mcnabb has 3 votes?!?!?!

Pezmerga
Are we going by Career or So far this year? or over last two since this year is early? lol.

Career Wise Favre
Over last Two Peyton
So far this year?

Top 5
1. Donovan Mcnabb
2. Carson Palmer (really close to mcnabb, im a homer for the bengals, but he needs to prove he can make a 4th quarter comeback consistently, Although last year against the Ravens was amazing, and I believe he coulda did it against the Pats if Seymour didnt take that cheap low blow)
3. Eli Manning - Really improved! Burress was a godsend.
4. Tom Brady - I am not a fan of the pats, but Tom Brady is amazing.
5. Drew Bledsoe - Wow...is all I can say =)

Stat wise Palmer would be first, then mcnabb then drew.

Rank Player Team Yds Att Cmp TDs Ints Long Rating
1 Brett Favre GB 1256 186 120 12 8 51 87.6
2 Carson Palmer CIN 1301 164 116 11 2 70 111.4
3Donovan McNabb PHI 1464 200 123 11 3 68 95.9
4 Drew Bledsoe DAL 1351 159 98 10 3 70 102.0
5 Marc Bulger STL 1648 215 139 10 7 44 89.8
6 Eli Manning NYG 985 123 66 9 2 46 97.8
7 Jake Delhomme CAR 1100 145 84 8 5 65 86.0
8 Peyton Manning IND 1123 145 96 7 4 51 94.1
9 Gus Frerotte MIA 849 145 79 7 6 60 70.7
10 Tom Brady NE 1522 182 119 7 4 71 95.1
11 Byron Leftwich JAC 1028 141 79 7 3 45 86.8
12 Ben Roethlisberger PIT 913 86 52 7 0 85 123.8
13 Steve McNair TEN 1115 169 111 7 4 53 88.3
14 Drew Brees SD 1042 139 91 7 4 41 92.7
15 Matt Hasselbeck SEA 1327 174 114 7 2 52 97.1

forumcrew

also not on the list..lol

Darth Macabre
Favre I hate to say it, I love the guy but his career is over.

Peyton is amazing, easily the best quarter back in the game these days.

Eli's having a fantastic season, if he keeps it up he might be just as good as his brother someday.

Brady is a shoe in for the hall of fame already enough said.

Pezmerga
I think Marc Bulger has to be up there...they pass the damn ball like 60 times a game and he still does pretty well...lol I mean the defense pretty much knows you are gonna pass , so of course he is gonna have a lil bit high int. 10 tds and 7 int. but I think he should have more TDs too before I can say he is top 5 .

forumcrew
2:1 ratio is good in my opinion. I think saying Farves career is over is just stupid. If you look at what he has doen this year its obvious he is better then many many starting QB's still. And hes surrounded by the most injured group of players and because of it is on one of the very worst teams in the NFL that would likely go 0-16 without him.

MysteryRidah
Donavan Mcnabb gets my vote.

botankus
Originally posted by forumcrew

Uh, yeah, and don't forget that 7 to 0 touchdown to interception ratio.

Dark_Lantern
How could McNabb not lead this list??????????? If he had Peyton's receivers he'd be passing for 60 TD's and not 49. He can Run, Throw, he accurate and he had supbar receiver MOST of his career before T.O.

forumcrew
Mcnabb has had a better D to get him better field position most of the time.. and westbrook is a super player able to run and catch with the best of them.. and Numbers dont make you the best QB your abilities do. I think McNabb is up there but not the best. And you ever think Harrison and Wayne are so good because of manning and not the other way around?

Pezmerga
I think Mcnabb shoulda had that surgery...they are screwed come playoff time.

justinday15
Peyton is the best. No doubt about it!

Mr Parker
got to go with tom brady,he has three superbowl trophys,cant take that away from him.I agree with forumcrew that eli manning does not belong there,he is still learning and has not established himself in the elite quarterbacks list yet.brett farve doenst belong there,he was a fool to come back,he is washed up and doesn't have it anymore.also if anybody should be up there as second year players,it should be ben rothesberger of the steelers especially since he has not suffered the sophmore jinx like some quarterbacks do their second year.he is much better than eli manning

WindDancer
I'll betcha $100 that Peyton Manning would trade his stats for those 3 championship rings Tom Brady owns. Gotta go with Tom! Go Patriots!

forumcrew
parker you are incorrect about farve. He is not washed up, he is still better then a lot of QB's in the NFL. they are very close to being 7-3 or 6-4 with a HORRIBLE team. The majority of thier losses were under 7 points, and he is missing Multiple WR's Multiple RB's the #1 TE for a while, the good part of the O-line is gone, and some big losses to the D. Farve is still a good QB but a man can only do so much in such a bad situation.

Pezmerga
ok Mcnabb is out, Peyton Moves up...right now I have to put it like this.
1. Peyton Manning
2. Carson Palmer (although his stats are better then peytons....but Peyton is 10-0)
3. Drew Brees
4. Jake Plummer
5. Tom Brady....

or something like that.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by WindDancer
I'll betcha $100 that Peyton Manning would trade his stats for those 3 championship rings Tom Brady owns. Gotta go with Tom! Go Patriots!

Yeah I defenetely put Brady ahead of Manning because you also got to remember that in his FIRST season starting,he turned that team around and took them to the superbowl.an amazing feat.Bill Belechick is over rated as a coach and not that good a coach really.That first year they won the superbowl,it was because bledsoe got hurt whom they were losing games with,then brady came on and turned things around for them and they went and won the superbowl of course.Brady is the reason the patriots have been such a great team since then,it has nothing to do with belichek.yeah Manning would trade thouse stats anyday of the year for those championship rings Brady has.Dan Marino always said he would much rather have the rings Joe Montana had than all those impressive stats.

WindDancer
One thing is for sure...Colts better not blow it during the playoffs. That would prove that Manning is a good QB during the regular season and not during championship games.

Dr. Strangelove
Even though I despise the guy...Brady. The guy is the clutchest QB in the league and this year especially he has shown that he can carry a team. The Patriots would barely have two wins if they're without Brady.

Mr Parker
exactly.like you dr strangelove,I am not a tom brady fan.That made me so mad that year the raiders got cheated out of going to the superbowl and the wrong team-the patriots went when brady clearly fumbled the ball in that playoff game.that being said,like you,I am objective enough to overlook my disgust for him to say that he is the best in the league.As I said earlier,that year they won their first superbowl by beating the raiders in the playoffs then beating the rams in the superbowl,at the beginning of the season,that team was going nowhere and was coming off a losing season the previous year,they had lost 4 out of 5 games I believe with bledsoe at quarterback,then he got hurt and brady came on and turned that team around making clutch third down throws after another.they then went on to win like 10 of their last 11 games that year and of course the rest is history.Without brady,no way does that team go to the superbowl and win their first superbowl ever that year and no way is this team still in the hunt for a playoff spot this year wiithout brady at quarterback.He consistantly converts third downs into first downs and has carried this team through the hard times this year.

Talking_Owl
http://www.orlyowl.com/ohnoes.jpg

More Raider whining! I respect your opinion, but can we please get over the Tuck Rule. Both teams had plenty of chances to win after that play, and the Pats simply took advantage of the opportunities presented to them.

Anyway, I voted for Brady since I'm a homer.

BobbyD
Manning or Brady.

Depending on your personnel, you might want one over the other. McNabb and Culpepper looked like they were trying to knock on the door, but stumbled and fell. Favre, WAS there, but has since laid an egg.

botankus
Originally posted by forumcrew

laughing out loud Since we got into this crazy Manning QB discussion, I was reviewing some old threads about the so-called best QB, and lo and behold I find Forum backing Big Ben!!!!! Busted!

Keep in mind this was before Super Bowl XL wink

It's such a keepsake post, I've decided to temporarily have it as my signature.

forumcrew
Yea you got me, I defended him being in in a poll of top 10 QB's I would still stand by that today as well.

botankus
Don't you just want to look at my signature one more time?

quanchi112
Probably Brady at this time with his accomplishments as much as I hate to say it.

JustFrame
Currently...

1. Tom Brady - As much as I hate to give it to him, he's done more then Manning with Less Talent, only from 2007 onward did he have a Offensive line up on par with Mannings.

2. Peyton Manning - His stats says it all+ the Best Offensive Unit since the 2000+ era helps Greatly.

3. Drew Brees - Will you remember any of his offensive unit players 10 years from now? Exactly, the guy is phenomenal.

4. Aaron Rodgers - He's going to be the Next Big Thing in a year or two. He was in the Top-4 in overall stats last season, how is he "still" flying under the radar? Sacked over 40+ times in like 9 games with no O-Line or run game during that tenure and was still putting up ridiculous numbers.

5. (Don't Know)

On their career...(Note: People put too much emphasis on Super Bowl "wins" as an indication of greatness, to me, that's ridiculous, if you've at least won One Super Bowl that says enough for me, otherwise, Bradshaw, or Aikman should be on these lists, but they are not.)

#1. Brett Favre - Stats truly says it all, 3 Time MVP, has been absolutely consistent through out his entire career besides for 3 years out of his monster tenure. Took a Minnesota Team he just started with his first year to a NFC Championship berth. Throw for 30+ TDS and only 7 Ints at the Age of 40, something no other 40 yr old has done. Dominated and put up monster numbers during his Prime Years with an offensive unit that in contrast to other's like the 60's Packers, 70 Steelers or 80's 49ers that doesn't even remotely compare. The only QB in his prime to be able to run the opposite way, throw off to the wrong side, make it go 50 yds as a bullet and make it work and be effective. Simply put, to play this long, this well, and this consistent says I give it to Favre handily.

#2. Bart Starr - What? Not Montana. I'm sorry, but if you "rank" by Championships, then Starr>>>>>>Montana. He won 5 Championships during his Era with the 60's Packers. "Had" they of started the SuperBowl in 1960, Starr would have 5 Super Bowl Rings under his belt. He had a 80 QB Rating, in an era where it was 10x more difficult to throw the ball in contrast to the era of today where Manning, or Brady have way better luxury due to the rules. Starr was a phenomenal QB and severely underrated because almost nobody does any actual check up how good he was and the fact that the era he played in is so long ago.

Ice Bowl says it all of how good he was, because yeah, Montana's SB run was great, but the guy did it in Perfect Weather. Try doing that when it's -17 Degree's out, the ground your running on feels like concrete+ice rink put together, and he drives 65 yards to bring the Packers to their second Super Bowl. Definitely gives my nod.

#3 Joe Montana - The Great One during my kid Era, and to whom I call, the Mr. Clutch of the NFL (Taken from the Nick Name of Jerry West from the NBA). If it was at the biggest game, who would bet against Joe? Unless you didn't like money of course. Joe Montana was a great QB, and his epic memories of his last minute SB drive and "The Catch". He is one of the absolute best of all time, and in my book, should never go lower then Top-3.

#4 Johnny Unitas - Another NFL QB who gets severely underrated due to the fact he played so long ago.

#5 ???? Haven't thought about it really.

botankus
Jake Delhomme.

nhljerseys

Rogue Jedi
Damn, HUGE bump. This is before Vick went to prison haermm

Bouboumaster
Dan Marino!

Wei Phoenix
^Favre.

chongjing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.