Should Bush help Trinidad?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Saratn
Trinidad is a small country near Venezeula and Tobago. Murder and kidnapping is a big issue there, and the government isn't doing too much. i was thinking of writing to Bush to see if he could do anything about what is going on in Trinidad. please go through a few of the links, and tell of what you think.
Their has been 200 killings and kidnappings THIS YEAR alone.

http://www.guardian.co.tt/archives/2005-10-01/news8.html

http://www.guardian.co.tt/archives/2005-09-29/news9.html

http://www.guardian.co.tt/archives/2005-09-29/news10.html

http://www.guardian.co.tt/archives/2005-09-28/news7.html

please speak your mind.....

Neo_Version 7
I think he should.

DarkC
Yes.

Saratn
it's quite sick what people do these days to one another. one of the articles said that they found the wrist ankles and a head of a baby cut off. and another one said that someone murdered these kid's mother in front of them.

EsteemedLeader
Of course, if he does, all the people here in America will find some way to hate him for doing it.

I'm like, in the 1% of Americans who like Bush.

Saratn
true...they always try to find a fault in someone...Bush is doing a good job, and i hope he thinks about it too...he is a fair person...

RedAlertv2
Unfourtunately I think there are worse problems in the world. Not to mention Bush doesnt care about Trinidad. No oil there.

EsteemedLeader
Like when Katrina hit. They expected him to spend all his time in New Orleans, as if all the rest of America would run itself while he works on this one city.

RedAlertv2
The entire govt dropped the ball at NO, including Bush.

Saratn
actually, he doesn't care just about oil...he helped the tsunami victims, he is helping Iraq, and with Katrina victims. he isn't worried only about oil. and actually the lives of fellow humans is indeed important. Trinidad is small, and they have lost 200 people out of its population, either dead or kidnapped. that is a lot in one year.

EsteemedLeader
At least someone else doesn't think going to Iraq is a waste of time.

Saratn
Bush doesn't do things without a good reason. all of his decisions are for other countries as well as taking care of America.

EsteemedLeader
Wow, I like you.

What country you from?

Saratn
America. i am doing this, because tow of my best friends are from Trinidad, and one of them is worried that something might happen to her and her family, so i told her i wanted to write to bush, because she told me so much more things, and i got sick over it.

EsteemedLeader
You should totally write to him.yes

Kosta
See, the problem here is, that 99% of the time, people don't WANT America's help, no offence to America of course, I lived there for 2 years and i love the place. However, this whole "helping" issue is something politicians hide behind when they have an ulterior motive.

Saratn
thanks. i am going to get started researching more articles so i can give him an idea.

Draco69
No. Please. America isn't the Savior of every country in the world. Let's see ANOTHER country do something for once.

Bardock42
Of course not.....the US has no reason to go in there....if at all the UN has that right........

BakaXero
Originally posted by Draco69
No. Please. America isn't the Savior of every country in the world. Let's see ANOTHER country do something for once.
other countries have. and let me say this. i lost respect for my own country for particapating in a pointless war.
Originally posted by Saratn
actually, he doesn't care just about oil...he helped the tsunami victims, he is helping Iraq, and with Katrina victims. he isn't worried only about oil. and actually the lives of fellow humans is indeed important. Trinidad is small, and they have lost 200 people out of its population, either dead or kidnapped. that is a lot in one year.
Australia put in way more funds then America did for the Tsunami Victims.
America Just did not to lose to much face. Iraq should never had happened.
Katrina is their own country you dont have a choice on that.
and Aus has been behind Americas back the whole way. But i reckon Aus does too much for other countries and not enough for its own.

Captain REX
Good luck with that. Bush stepping in to Trinidad would mean more fighting against people who don't want Americans there- the kidnappers and murderers- but on a much closer front, which would be a bit worrying.

Colombia has the same issues as Trinidad, as do a lot of South American countries.

Saratn
Originally posted by BakaXero
other countries have. and let me say this. i lost respect for my own country for particapating in a pointless war.

Australia put in way more funds then America did for the Tsunami Victims.
America Just did not to lose to much face. Iraq should never had happened.
Katrina is their own country you dont have a choice on that.
and Aus has been behind Americas back the whole way. But i reckon Aus does too much for other countries and not enough for its own.

America does a lot for other coutries, it doesn't matter how little or how much they give. The point is that they are helping. And not to mention that the USA have helped other countries in the war worlds. Bush is doing the best he can. Going to Iraq was pointless at first, but now they are helping Iraq, and that should be a good thing.

Thanks Rex. Maybe I shoulden broading my thing a little more to the other countries that have that same problem.

Saratn
NEW COUNT ON MURDERS AND KIDNAPPINGS
MURDERS THIS YEAR ALONE IS 265
AND THE KIDNAPPINGS IS 157

Fishy
So the US is supposed to go to that country to stop that? Tell me how would they do that? Sending in forces isn't going to make the country obey the laws. Its just going to make the US more and more hated. Unless that country asks for international help with this problem (which it won't) nobody has the right to move in.

And Bush isn't stupid enough to go in. The country has nothing to give to the US.

Saratn
They can help with their government, as well as stoping all of this insanity. And Trinidad did ask for help, but no response yet. They asked US and London...and Trinidad has a lot of oil too...

Hermione202
Originally posted by RedAlertv2
Unfourtunately I think there are worse problems in the world. Not to mention Bush doesnt care about Trinidad. No oil there.

Actually , Trinidad does have oil . That isn't even the point of this thread , but just so all of you know out of research I know that Trinidad has oil.

Saratn
actually Hermione, it does have to do with everything. some people think that Bush doesn't do anything unless it benifits himself and his country, but US is the richest and the most powerful country in the world.

Hermione202
True , but all the same... Maybe he could help Trinidad , stop all of this crime somehow...

debbiejo
Why not the UN do something.??

Saratn
that's an idea...United Nations could do something...but would they really listen?

debbiejo
that's an idea...United Nations could do something...but would they really listen?

Don't know....Do they do things for the right reasons, or does there have to be something in it for them to get involved.confused

Saratn
that is a good question, but what else could the US need? like i had mentioned it is the richest country...so why would they try to get money? and it is the most powerful country....

Fishy
Originally posted by debbiejo
Don't know....Do they do things for the right reasons, or does there have to be something in it for them to get involved.confused

Yeah the security council voting yes...

And guess what? The security council has a few country's in it that really don't want to go to war right now.. Or intervene in something like this, but the simple fact is. The UN is not a police force. They can help here but they would be doing something they are not supposed to do.

Unless a civil war is going on the UN has no reason to be there... And with a civil war its really hard to determine which side is right and wrong because both will do shit they shouldn't. The UN is not going to go in with some soldiers to stop crimes from happening.

debbiejo
OK...Then how about Europe???...Why the US...??

Saratn
Crimes? is that what you're calling them? Have you read the hundreds of articles that happened? Did you know that terroism could be going on there too? when will it be enough for the UN to get involved? Do they have to go when thousands are killed? they would be going for the right thing...saving hundreds of lives...

Fishy
Originally posted by debbiejo
OK...Then how about Europe???...Why the US...??

Europe isn't going to touch this thing either. And why the US, because thats what the thread title said stick out tongue

Crimes? is that what you're calling them? Have you read the hundreds of articles that happened? Did you know that terroism could be going on there too? when will it be enough for the UN to get involved? Do they have to go when thousands are killed? they would be going for the right thing...saving hundreds of lives...

Yes i'm calling them crimes, because thats what they are. Is there a war going on there? No. Then how the hell could the army stop it. You need more police officers not a freaking army. They might be able to prevent it from happening but they would never capture the people responsible. All it would do is make the army thats there hated. And eventually the people that are making money out of this shit will find ways to continue their work.

An army isn't going to be a good thing in a situation like this. You need a police force.

xmarksthespot
Their has been 200 killings and kidnappings THIS YEAR alone.I think last week more than 200 Iraqi's died. Bush should probably clean up one mess before creat... I mean fixing another. Trinidad is pretty oil-rich though so you never know.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Fishy
Europe isn't going to touch this thing either. And why the US, because thats what the thread title said stick out tongue

I know...but people don't like the US...whether we get involved or not. big grin

Hermione202

Yes i'm calling them crimes, because thats what they are. Is there a war going on there? No. Then how the hell could the army stop it. You need more police officers not a freaking army. They might be able to prevent it from happening but they would never capture the people responsible. All it would do is make the army thats there hated. And eventually the people that are making money out of this shit will find ways to continue their work.

An army isn't going to be a good thing in a situation like this. You need a police force.

Thats the problem . The police aren't doing their jobs and neither is the government

Saratn
and also, Trinidad is a small country, and do you honestly they can stop all the kidnappings and murders by themselves?

Fishy
Originally posted by Hermione202
Thats the problem . The police aren't doing their jobs.

Your point being? If the police doesn't do their job you want to send in an international army? Thats going to create so much problems you can not even begin to guess.

All the people that will hate it, the crime lords that will fight it. The people that will get arrested and shot without reasons. The possible rebellion against the government because of international forces there. And then the real shit starts, because the UN can not simply choose sides in a war like that. Its the people against the people, all it can try to do is prevent the government and the rebels from committing war crimes.

An army simply is not a good idea in a job thats meant for the police.

Saratn
ok, so how much people should be killed for them to take action? Who cares if people hate them? they are would be SAVING lives of HUNDREDS. Look at the US now. they are helping Iraq, and their people, so why shouldn't Bush or the UN help Trinidad? Why should they worry about if someone kills them or not?

xmarksthespot
How many people have to die before anyone takes a problem seriously? If we take sub-Saharan Africa as an example - millions.

Saratn
i think that they should react before anything like that happens. and who knows UN might take action, it's worth a try, and i think i might take that chance...

Hermione202
So people will wait till Millions die before they take action ? Trinidad is a VERY small country and most of Trinidad will probably die out if tht happens !

Inspectah Deck
Trinidad is a small country near Venezeula and Tobago. Murder and kidnapping is a big issue there, and the government isn't doing too much. i was thinking of writing to Bush to see if he could do anything about what is going on in Trinidad. please go through a few of the links, and tell of what you think.

That happens all over the world

Fishy
ok, so how much people should be killed for them to take action? Who cares if people hate them? they are would be SAVING lives of HUNDREDS. Look at the US now. they are helping Iraq, and their people, so why shouldn't Bush or the UN help Trinidad? Why should they worry about if someone kills them or not?

Thats not the point is it? You have to look at moe things here.

First of all,

What good will it do the rest of the world if this is stopped?

None at all, does the rest of the world suffer becuase of this? No... We won't act until we suffer, this is just how things work. Its cruel but its true, its not like all the country's in the world have the money or the resources to go to war and stop all of this shit.

Are there any other places where they can be used more?

Hell yeah, there are plenty of problems in the world, take Sudan for instance. God knows how many people have died there, how many people are suffering there. There is just no way you can go to war here and leave that alone. Hundreds can not and should not compare to millions

What wil lhave to be done if this situation is to be resolved?

You would need a police force, you are sending in an army. They can not catch those who are responsible all they can do is stay there all the time hoping tos care the criminals. Thats not a good thing thats not going to work. You would need a real police force there, and the UN simply can not send it over there. Its supposed to keep peace not supposed to solve crimes. No matter how much it sucks for a country. Unless they have an eneemy to fight an army is not going to do any good, in fact its only going to hurt the people.

How about the dangers?

Far to great especially in a situation like this, sending in armed forces can be disasterous for morale and for your military. Its going to cost you millions and for whta? Nothing... You are not going to stop the crime.

I can think of a shit load of reasons not to go there. But in the end it simply won't pay off to do so. And they won't, not unless they have a damn good reason. And a few hundred people being kidnapped or murdered by criminals is not a good reason.

Saratn
so the lives of hundreds of people mean nothing to you? the least that can be done is to try. HUNDREDS ARE DYING THEY ARE LIVING PEOPLE TOO. I HAVE TWO FRIENDS THERE, AND THE COUNTRY ISN'T VERY SAFE. SUDAN WAS DOING THINGS IN HIS COUNTRY TO HIS PEOPLE AND THE US TOOK ACTION, WHY CAN'T THEY HELP A SMALL COUNTRY LIKE TRINIDAD? IT ISN'T GOING TO TAKE A LOT OF LAW ENFORCEMENT TO DO THIS. AND THE ARMY CAN'T GET INVOVLED REALLY BECAUSE OF THE LAW. MANY PEOPLE AREN'T SAFE IN TRINIDAD, AND THEY NEED HELP.

Fishy
Your point being? That shit happens in a lot of country's... It sucks for the people there, it sucks for the country. But the simple fact is that the world will not get anything but trouble and more debt out of this. They have no reason to go in with an army.

They could perhaps send some detectives or something, if that will help which I doubt. But they are not going to send an army unless they are getting something out of it. And they are not from as far as I can tell.

Saratn
i had never once said that they should bring in the military. i said that they should try to do something to help.

Inspectah Deck
so the lives of hundreds of people mean nothing to you? the least that can be done is to try. HUNDREDS ARE DYING THEY ARE LIVING PEOPLE TOO. I HAVE TWO FRIENDS THERE, AND THE COUNTRY ISN'T VERY SAFE. SUDAN WAS DOING THINGS IN HIS COUNTRY TO HIS PEOPLE AND THE US TOOK ACTION, WHY CAN'T THEY HELP A SMALL COUNTRY LIKE TRINIDAD? IT ISN'T GOING TO TAKE A LOT OF LAW ENFORCEMENT TO DO THIS. AND THE ARMY CAN'T GET INVOVLED REALLY BECAUSE OF THE LAW. MANY PEOPLE AREN'T SAFE IN TRINIDAD, AND THEY NEED HELP.

Why go to another country with an army? That just might probably make a mini-war

Afro Cheese
No... I think we should let other countries deal with their own problems... it doesn't really effect us.

Saratn
so we helped Iraq, that didn't have to do with us, yet look, they are there, trying to help Iraq. so why can't Trinidad have help from the US. The US is a powerful country, and they should use that to help the other countries that aren't as powerful as the US.
I HAD NEVER SAID TO BRING THE MILITARY IN FACT I SAID THAT IT IS ILLEGAL FOR THEM TO DEAL WITH CRIMES.

Inspectah Deck
so we helped Iraq, that didn't have to do with us, yet look, they are there, trying to help Iraq. so why can't Trinidad have help from the US. The US is a powerful country, and they should use that to help the other countries that aren't as powerful as the US.
I HAD NEVER SAID TO BRING THE MILITARY IN FACT I SAID THAT IT IS ILLEGAL FOR THEM TO DEAL WITH CRIMES.

laughing out loud

Saratn
how the hell is that funny?

Fishy
i had never once said that they should bring in the military. i said that they should try to do something to help.

Like what? Give money, yeah hell like that will help. The people will just take it and spend it in other places. Fund a rebellious regime to overthrow the government hoping it will change things? The US has done that already never really worked.

Send police officers? Yeah like that will help.

What do you suggest the UN should do then?

Saratn
the UN wasn't my idea, i was for Bush. Help them with their goverment, and to keep order. They are not worried about money, but about the murderers and the kidnappers.

Afro Cheese
I HAD NEVER SAID TO BRING THE MILITARY IN FACT I SAID THAT IT IS ILLEGAL FOR THEM TO DEAL WITH CRIMES. We shouldn't have helped Iraq. This is a prime example of why we shouldn't get into other countries business.. cause then all other countries are like "wait well we have problems too why don't you help us?" as if just because we helped one country we somehow owe the rest of them something too. It doesn't work like that.

But even so.. it's arguable that we only helped Iraq because we thought Saddam posed a potential threat to the United States.

Fishy
Okay so what is Bush going to do then?

Saratn
Originally posted by Afro Cheese
We shouldn't have helped Iraq. This is a prime example of why we shouldn't get into other countries business.. cause then all other countries are like "wait well we have problems too why don't you help us?" as if just because we helped one country we somehow owe the rest of them something too. It doesn't work like that.

But even so.. it's arguable that we only helped Iraq because we thought Saddam posed a potential threat to the United States.

but even after he was taken from his country, the US still helped the country. Trinidad is a country that needs help, and i don't think any country would think less of the US. And how would that start a war if Trinidad asked them for help, but they have gotten no response. Have you read the countless articles of the things that go on in Trinidad?

Afro Cheese
but even after he was taken from his country, the US still helped the country. Trinidad is a country that needs help, and i don't think any country would think less of the US. And how would that start a war if Trinidad asked them for help, but they have gotten no response. Have you read the countless articles of the things that go on in Trinidad? That's not the point.. Trinidad's problems aren't our problems. We're still in Iraq cause we dismantled their government.. now it's our responsiblity to try to restore order. I think it's nice that you want to help other countries out.. but there are just far too many countries out there with problems not to mention that we have plenty of problems of our own that need dealing with.

Saratn
well, i think it should make a good start. and it wasn't our problem to dismantle their government in the first place.

Afro Cheese
I agree.. I don't think we should have either.. but we did now and there's no turning back. Plus, like I said before.. the defense for dismantling their government was originally to take out a potential threat.

Saratn
yes a potential, but doesn't mean he was. i'm not going to sit here and do nothing...i am still going to write to him...

danagrint
he should help

Fishy
He's never even going to read it. But you have fun, as long as you realise that helping will probably only hurt the US. If you are going to write anybody write Blair. Its his country's ex-colony.

Saratn
Originally posted by Inspectah Deck
That happens all over the world
yes but are they all as small as Trinidad? do they have allies that can help them?

manny321
thats weird my friend says Trinidad i sooo eazzzzy going!

Fishy
Its a rich country on the rise from what I know of it... Never heard of these problems before either.

§P0oONY

To be honest there are bigger problems in other countries that need to be sorted out prior. The problems in Trinidad are pretty minor... in comparrison.

Also, how would he help? Invade them, throw money at them.. there is really very little he can do to stop people getting murdered and kidnapped.

Saratn
none of you guys get it do you?

§P0oONY

Get what?

Trinidad hasn't got much of a problem in comparison to others..

Bardock42

hmm what's there to get? ...you are asking if Bush (leader of your country) should "help" (strange American definition of "help"wink Trinidad & Tobago (country the US has no business in whatsoever)

Saratn
define problems...THEY ARE LOSING OVER FOUR HUNDRED PEOPLE. AND HOW MUCH MORE IS IT UNTIL SOMEONE DECIDES TO DO SOMETHING?

Bardock42
define problems...THEY ARE LOSING OVER FOUR HUNDRED PEOPLE. AND HOW MUCH MORE IS IT UNTIL SOMEONE DECIDES TO DO SOMETHING?

Wait, wait, wait...who died and made the US the World Police? ....I remember that there'S soething called seperated countries...you can't just go in to a country that doesan't want yur "help" ...although you did a lot in the last few years.....

manny321
600 people get murdered every year in Canada and were called a peaceful nation.

Saratn
CANADA IS HUGE! IT IS ONE OF THE LARGEST COUNTRIES IT CAN FEND FOR ITSELF!
AND TRINIDAD DOES WANT THE US'S HELP! IT WAS IN THEIR NEWSPAPER AND ONLINE!

§P0oONY

Canada also has a small population in ratio to land size....

Saratn
i know that, but it's population is a lot greater than Trinidad, so your country losing 600 people is a lot different if Trinidad was to lose 600 people.

manny321
Very true. However the Toronto metropolitan area has over 6 million people. Thats is as large as the metropolitan areas in the US.

Saratn
and Trinidad has about 1,0000 or so people...at least if i remember...

Bardock42

That does not matter...what matters i did the Government of Trinidad and Tobago ask the UN for help ...or did the UN decide that it is necessary to step in....

manny321
1.3 million thats what my friend says.

Bardock42
1.2 Million althoubh newers say 1.3 even Google Search

Saratn
they have asked and they got no answer, and you know, when the terroist attacked the US, look who was there to help us, and it wasn't their problem. Countries aided us, and even the country that got hit by the tsunami, they tried giving our country money because of Katrina. it was none of their problem, but they helped anyways...

manny321
Jamaica faces the same problem.

Saratn
i know, but really people can only take one step at a time. Jamica has a bigger population than Trinidad, if i remember that too...

manny321
Detriot gets 500 murder a year it has a million people.

Bardock42
they have asked and they got no answer, and you know, when the terroist attacked the US, look who was there to help us, and it wasn't their problem. Countries aided us, and even the country that got hit by the tsunami, they tried giving our country money because of Katrina. it was none of their problem, but they helped anyways...

But they might not want the US ..... show me evidence that the Government asked the UN for instant help....

Saratn
they do want the US's help. The headline stated 'Trinidad asking for London and US's Help' or something like that. i need to find it again.
and Detroit is part of the US, so they can get help if they need it. and we are talking about a country that doesn't have the things that the people have in the US.

Fishy
Still lets say that they do want help, how the hell can they get help? What the hell can the US or the UN do in this matter?

Bardock42
they do want the US's help. The headline stated 'Trinidad asking for London and US's Help' or something like that. i need to find it again.
and Detroit is part of the US, so they can get help if they need it. and we are talking about a country that doesn't have the things that the people have in the US.

Maybe the US shoudl take care of it's own problems first...and even if.....I mean it'S really not the Duty of the US

Spelljammer
SpellJammer thinks unless you fall under the category of ally or neutral, you're good game to be picked on by the United States or even declared war upon if we damn well feel like it..

ALLIES:
England.
Japan.
Canada.
Isral.
South Korea.

NEUTRALS:
Most of Europe.

ENEMIES:
T3h middle-east.
(Yeahyeah, we're devils and infedels. Let's ACT like devils and infidels then and bomb your ass so you can be one with Allah.)

N. Korea.
(You like to flaunt how you got nukes like it's a big dick, well well it's no secret Americans have always had bigger dicks then the Asians. Bam, your dead..)

China.
(We pretty much only keep them for slave-labour..)

Russia.
(They want to be our enemy, they just are too poor to do anything about it..)

New York/Californa.
(**** the blue states..)

Fishy
You really don't know anything about the world do you? But go ahead and declare war to Russia and China, and say that you don't have any allies on the mainland of Europe.. Have fun.

Bardock42
SpellJammer is an idiot....who used to be entertaining...but SpellJammer isn't anymore....SpellJammer should kill itself....

Saratn
ok, so let's say that goes for all of the countries...let's say that the US is in a state of chaos. the US looks for help, since they are weak now then they used to be, and China becomes the most powerful country. They are debating if they should help the US or to sit back and relax. that is what it is for Trinidad.

Fishy
Well I didn't see the US helping Russia when they became democratic either, so really why would China help the US? You are not going to help somebody that could take over your possition of power thats just foolish.

But still if the US would be in a civil war then yes the UN could come and try to make peace, although I doubt it. But if the US would ask for help to solve the murders in detroit then the UN is just going to tell them to spend more money on the police.

Bardock42
ok, so let's say that goes for all of the countries...let's say that the US is in a state of chaos. the US looks for help, since they are weak now then they used to be, and China becomes the most powerful country. They are debating if they should help the US or to sit back and relax. that is what it is for Trinidad.

Yes...interesting....China shjouldn't help the US........

Saratn
IT IS ONLY AN EXAMPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CHINA IS THE SECOND COUNTRY WITH THE MOSt POWER. IT WAS SHOWING HOW IT WAS FOR TRINIDAD

Bardock42
IT IS ONLY AN EXAMPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CHINA IS THE SECOND COUNTRY WITH THE MOSt POWER. IT WAS SHOWING HOW IT WAS FOR TRINIDAD
AND WE ANSWERED AS WE ANSWERED BEFORE.....YOU ARE JUST WRONG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!

Saratn
so you'd rather have hundreds of people die, and not do a damn thing is that it?

manny321
CHina is not a poor country. So isn't India. Its just that wealth is not reaching the general public.

Bardock42
so you'd rather have hundreds of people die, and not do a damn thing is that it?

But why help them? Help the 400 that die in Detroit first.......then the other 20000 in the Us (probably more) then you can think aboot helping others....

Saratn
Trinidad isn't worried about wealth. they are worried about their people i am not saying ship hundreds of dollars to them.

Fishy
Trinidad isn't worried about wealth. they are worried about their people i am not saying ship hundreds of dollars to them.

So you can't send the military, you can't send any people, you can't send money. Then what can you send?

What the hell could people do about this? You want Bush to do something about a place he has never even heard off, let alone stand can find on the world map but you have no idea what he should do. And you can't think of any reason why he should do it? Except for its a nice thing to do?

Don't you think he should solve the problems in the US first?

FeceMan
Doesn't matter if he helps out or not. He's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

Fishy
Thats just bullshit.. I would care if he does go in with the military (basically the only thing he can do) And I wouldn't care if he doesn't. Its not the US its responsibility to do anything here.

And as long as there are worse problems out there international organisations or the US should not concern themselves with this. At least not to much. It just doesn't have anything to do with them and it doesn't have a high enough priority to change that.

Saratn
I never said not to send people i said the he can't send the army, because he would be breaking the law. and i have gave you reasons why. they need the help, their population isn't a lot, and their nation is in danger everyday.

§P0oONY
Can I ask a question...

Why Trinidad?

It's not in a state of panic... it's birth rate is still higher then the death rate.. their life expectancy isn't particularly low. It's doing fine financially.

Fishy
I never said not to send people i said the he can't send the army, because he would be breaking the law. and i have gave you reasons why. they need the help, their population isn't a lot, and their nation is in danger everyday.

Then how can he help, what should he do? The country is doing fine. It has plenty of money, so it doesn't need that.. What could anybody do to help there?

FeceMan
Thats just bullshit.. I would care if he does go in with the military (basically the only thing he can do) And I wouldn't care if he doesn't. Its not the US its responsibility to do anything here.

And as long as there are worse problems out there international organisations or the US should not concern themselves with this. At least not to much. It just doesn't have anything to do with them and it doesn't have a high enough priority to change that.
YOU might not care, but the overwhelming majority will ***** about what Bush does no matter what. He could do everything the Democrats wanted to a tee, and he would still be OMG TEH WURST PRESIDENT EVAR!!!111!!!111

Bardock42
Originally posted by FeceMan
YOU might not care, but the overwhelming majority will ***** about what Bush does no matter what. He could do everything the Democrats wanted to a tee, and he would still be OMG TEH WURST PRESIDENT EVAR!!!111!!!111

True...but so did the Republicans when Clinton was in Office......so that'S no big difference...now he has to do the right thing because he will get called on it either way....

Fishy

You really are full of shit, you know that right?

Bush has brought this crap onto himself. I don't see anything like what you are saying happening anywhere. Everybody on this forum except for maybe one or two people that has replied in this thread has said they are against doing anything about Trinidad, and most of those people wouldn't vote for Bush.

Seriously dude, but Bush isn't as hated as he is without reason. You might think so, but thats just bullshit. If Bush would act here people would make a decision on what to think of it based on facts, if he's really helping the country the people will think he's doing good stuff. If he's hurting it the people will think he sucks even more.

Just look at the Tsunami, nobody critizes Bush for giving money there.

FeceMan
Originally posted by Bardock42
True...but so did the Republicans when Clinton was in Office......so that'S no big difference...now he has to do the right thing because he will get called on it either way....
I don't remember the Clinton years very well, unfortunately. It was only after the 2000 election when I really started to take an interest in politics.

However, Bardock, remember: there is no absolute right or wrong, so what's right to you might be wrong to someone else, and what's wrong to you might be right to someone else.

WE LOVE THE TOLERANCE!

Saratn
no the country is not fine. have you read any of the articles at all? any of you? more than the ones i have provided? they are not a wealthy country. they need help. and the least i can do is try. i am not going to sit around and just let this go by without some thought. plus who are we to say if we should go or not. it is up to Bush, and he does not only what is right for the US but for others.

FeceMan
You really are full of shit, you know that right?

Bush has brought this crap onto himself. I don't see anything like what you are saying happening anywhere. Everybody on this forum except for maybe one or two people that has replied in this thread has said they are against doing anything about Trinidad, and most of those people wouldn't vote for Bush.

Seriously dude, but Bush isn't as hated as he is without reason. You might think so, but thats just bullshit. If Bush would act here people would make a decision on what to think of it based on facts, if he's really helping the country the people will think he's doing good stuff. If he's hurting it the people will think he sucks even more.

Just look at the Tsunami, nobody critizes Bush for giving money there.
Possible double-post.

No, I'm not full of shit. Most of the people on this forum aren't the country. I never said Bush didn't do anything to be hated, nor did I say otherwise. In fact, I never mentioned it.

My post still stands.

Saratn
what Bush is or isn't doing is quite debatable, and we really aren't debating upon the good/bad things he has done. we are debating if he should help/not Trinidad.

§P0oONY
no the country is not fine. have you read any of the articles at all? any of you? more than the ones i have provided? they are not a wealthy country. they need help. and the least i can do is try. i am not going to sit around and just let this go by without some thought. plus who are we to say if we should go or not. it is up to Bush, and he does not only what is right for the US but for others.

Are they the only pieces of news you have ever read?

Because that is nothing.

There are murders and kidnappings every day in most countries... there is no way in hell America could do anything to stop them... and to be honest they have far bigger problems in their own country...

I suggest you watch the news tonight...

Bardock42
I don't remember the Clinton years very well, unfortunately. It was only after the 2000 election when I really started to take an interest in politics.

However, Bardock, remember: there is no absolute right or wrong, so what's right to you might be wrong to someone else, and what's wrong to you might be right to someone else.

WE LOVE THE TOLERANCE!

Yes...of course but there is something that might be best for your country...and I don't think he did that yet.

Saratn
i have read a lot more than you would know. i have two friends that live in Trinidad, and they tell me how it is like. and it is a difference of murders and kidnappings in the US and Trinidad. Trinidad is small compared to a lot of other countries.

Bardock42
i have read a lot more than you would know. i have two friends that live in Trinidad, and they tell me how it is like. and it is a difference of murders and kidnappings in the US and Trinidad. Trinidad is small compared to a lot of other countries.

You got a pretty good crime rate too though....especially for a First World Country

FeceMan
Originally posted by Bardock42
Yes...of course but there is something that might be best for your country...and I don't think he did that yet.
The best thing for our country?

Not blindly accepting tolerance and giving people all the rights they want. Contrary to popular belief, child porn is never right. Sorry, I don't care if someone's culture loves the kiddy pr0n, that stuff hits the fan over here. (Though it probably won't for too much longer.)

Saratn
The US as stated for the upteenth time is the world's most powerful country, and with that power comes the part where you not only have to do what is right for your country, but for the sake of others. and money isn't the issue here, it is their lives that are at stake.

Fishy

Not blindly accepting tolerance and giving people all the rights they want. Contrary to popular belief, child porn is never right. Sorry, I don't care if someone's culture loves the kiddy pr0n, that stuff hits the fan over here. (Though it probably won't for too much longer.)

What does Childporn have to do with anything? Name one US president that has said Childporn is okay? I mean seriously thats just common sense hardly something Bush made illegal.

§P0oONY
The US as stated for the upteenth time is the world's most powerful country, and with that power comes the part where you not only have to do what is right for your country, but for the sake of others. and money isn't the issue here, it is their lives that are at stake.

Dude... Trinidad hasn't got a major problem... Just because you've got a couple of friends who say stuff to you, don't be convinced by opinion.

Bardock42

Whoever said Kiddy Porn was right?
Maybe it ios the most powerful country...but that doesn't give it the right to screw other coun tries up.......or actually do anything with them....

Saratn
I HAVE READ OVER TEN ARTICLES THAT HAD KIDNAPPINGS AND MURDER IN THE PAST TWO WEEKS. TELL MET THAT ISN'T BASED ON WHAT MY FRIENDS SAY?

Fishy
Who cares that happens in the US well, fix your own damn problems first. Then go talking about problems you can never ever fix.

Bardock42
I HAVE READ OVER TEN ARTICLES THAT HAD KIDNAPPINGS AND MURDER IN THE PAST TWO WEEKS. TELL MET THAT ISN'T BASED ON WHAT MY FRIENDS SAY?

And how many are there in jaimaica and in NYC....and in South Africa....and wherevere......really fix your own problems and then...well we'll see then...

§P0oONY

What the hell can Bush/The UN do about it?

It's not like they have the rest of the world to think about roll eyes (sarcastic)

Saratn
oh so their has to be a huge war in place before they realize that they as a whole country are in danger.

Fishy
How is the country in danger? I mean its a healthy country there are other places in far worse conditions. Why not talk about that instead of this.

§P0oONY
The whole of Trinidad isn't in danger.... The sword of Damocles isn't hanging over their head quite yet.

Saratn
the hell you two know. have you not read what i have said? how many articles have you actually honestly read? it is as a whole in danger. Murders and kidnappers, not to mention the three explosions they had had...

§P0oONY
the hell you two know. have you not read what i have said? how many articles have you actually honestly read? it is as a whole in danger. Murders and kidnappers, not to mention the three explosions they had had...

You really are very closed minded. There is far more murders, kidnappings and explosions in other places... even if you take into count the ratio of population sizes.

Saratn
i think i know that by now. but this country is small, the population is small, so 400+ is a big deal to a country like Trinidad, but not so much to the US. so how many articles have you HONESTLY read?

§P0oONY
i think i know that by now. but this country is small, the population is small, so 400+ is a big deal to a country like Trinidad, but not so much to the US. so how many articles have you HONESTLY read?

I have already said their birth rate is higher than death rate... and their life expectancy is around 68-70... therefor many more are born than killed....

I can't say I have read many articles about Trinidad...

Saratn
well then you should probably start, because it is sick what some people have done. so basically who cares if people die? the population will increase again right?

Bardock42
well then you should probably start, because it is sick what some people have done. so basically who cares if people die? the population will increase again right?

Right ...there are many more problems to be fixed....why that one?...because you have friends from there ?

Saratn
that is one reason, but i have another reason...because things like this shouldn't happen, and Trinidad IS seeking help from US and London. They haven't got an answer yet, and besides that over 400 people of their population is either killed or kidnapped. and another thing is...i don't like people who do this to others, and this is only a small step of many great steps. people should learn how to care for other countries. all because Bush hasn't heard of Trinidad, or because they aren't allies, doesn't mean that nothing should be done.

Hermione202
How about you all get a world map and you'll see how small Trinidad is. It's just a mere , tiny , dot around all the other large contries . If America loses 1/8 of its population in one year , then that would be like 7/8 of Trinidad population . Do like Saratn said and look up some articles on the net and you will see for yourself. Other countires can very easily support themselves , but Trinidad can't do that so easily.

Fishy
that is one reason, but i have another reason...because things like this shouldn't happen, and Trinidad IS seeking help from US and London. They haven't got an answer yet, and besides that over 400 people of their population is either killed or kidnapped. and another thing is...i don't like people who do this to others, and this is only a small step of many great steps. people should learn how to care for other countries. all because Bush hasn't heard of Trinidad, or because they aren't allies, doesn't mean that nothing should be done.

Well actually thats exactly what it means...

They aren't worth the time, they aren't worth the effort, the money or the lives. The country is still prospering, while other more important country's are not. Deal with that shit first.

§P0oONY

In the long term yes... as long as the population isn't on a massive decrease it's okay. You can't get personal over heart breaking stories of murder.... because it is happening everywhere I bet if you watched the news you could see that, yesterday for instance 1300+ died during an earthquake... why not try and increase aid there.

Your whole argument is that Trinidad's small and yet they are having 400+ murdered... then surely you are trying to say that their population is decreasing... which is just not true.

Bardock42

Saratn
so you think that they should just live on with all of this? all because they aren't a big country, or because they aren't as rich as us they don't deserve help?

Fishy
so you think that they should just live on with all of this? all because they aren't a big country, or because they aren't as rich as us they don't deserve help?

yes they should live with it.

They are not going to get destroyed because of this problem, the problem isn't as bad as you are making it seem and the country is still moving forward. So yes indeed they should deal with it themselves. There are more important things to worry about.

Bardock42
No I am saying that the US has no business there....

Saratn
each year their death toll increases, so really their population is going to be low in a few years, so why not take action now?

Fishy
each year their death toll increases, so really their population is going to be low in a few years, so why not take action now?

Because first of all their population is still increasing and second of all, how the hell can you help even if you wanted too?

§P0oONY
http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/td.html#People

Read....

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>