Infinite Crisis is HERE!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Draco69
Anyone excited as I am? It's gonna rock. OH and make sure you guys read the Return of Donna Troy #4. You will NOT understand the Infinite Crisis if you do not read it. If anyone wants a brief summation then I'll give one.

Khellendros
Originally posted by Draco69
Anyone excited as I am? It's gonna rock. OH and make sure you guys read the Return of Donna Troy #4. You will NOT understand the Infinite Crisis if you do not read it. If anyone wants a brief summation then I'll give one.
Gimme. And make it sound good or I'm boycotting IC.
>_>

Draco69
Donna Troy is basically the "One". She remembers the Multiverse. An endless series of dimensional duplicates seperated by vibrational barriers. Within them there were thousands of different Earthes with their own histories and heroes and on each of them there nearly identical versions of Superman, Wonder Woman, etc. Including Donna Troy, living thousand different lives. On Earth-1 she was saved as an infant saved by Wonder Woman and raised on Paradise Island by her mother, Queen Hipployta. This Earth was home to the Pre-Crisis versions of DC's Heroes. On Earth-2 she was saved by Wonder Woman as an orphaned infant from a burning building and raised in the Kanigher orphanage. On Earth S she died from the very same fire. On Earth-7 she was saved by the Anti-Monitor and was raised to be his harbringer of doom: Dark Angel. But Dark Angel was a bit crazy and vanished. Then the Crisis came. The multiverse collapsed in on itself. Time was reordered. Where there had been a thousand Earthes there was now only one with only one history. And strangely enough a Wonder Girl before a Wonder Woman.

Donna Troy is an anonlomy. The new universe didn't know what to do with some of the more complicatd holdovers from the multiverse. (i.e Power Girl, Hawkman, Dick Grayson being nearly 25 and Batman still in his thirties) So it improvised. It basically tried to compress all of Donna Troy's live on all the Earthes in ONE history. A thousand lifetimes into one. But Dark Angel (the evil Donna Troy from Earth-7) escaped the compression and tried to erase it. On the new Earth (Post-Crisis Earth) Donna Troy was created by magic. The twin sister of Wonder Woman. Dark Angel stole Donna from Paradise Island and she tormented each of her aspects in an endless cycle of torture and pain. But she failed to destroy Donna. When Donna was killed by the robot Superman she was again reincarnated as an orphaned infant and again saved from a burning building from Rhea the Queen of The Titans of myth, who had been told in prophecy that one of her twelve chlidren from around the cosmos would save the Titans from extinction. She sought Donna out because she knew what Donna Troy truly his: Donna Troy, Wonder Girl, Troia, Darkstar, Dark Angel, Harbringer; She was ALL of them.

Donna Troy had finally fulfilled her true purpose. She had become the total sum of all her selves, each of her lives. Unique in ALL creation. A living connection to EVERY universe that had ever existed. She remembers the Multiverse. Donna Troy now has the power to open and create new universes due to this connection.

Donna Troy was given Harbringer's (the original blond one) History of the Universe Orb.(she died in Superman/Batman) In the Earth-7, Donna Troy was Dark Angel. Just as Harbringer recorded the Multiverse's History for the Monitor, Dark Angel did the same for the ANTI-Monitor.

Uniquely connected to a thousand universes, Donna Troy was now to be the keeper of it's mysteries and knowledge. Donna Troy can see the past. The creation. The universe. The multiverse. The Crisis. EVERYTHING. Including the future. But the future's not how it's SUPPOSED to be. Something is wrong. The Universe is still broken. The last Crisis attempted to fix the universe and failed. And ANOTHER crisis is coming. THIS time the crisis won't attempt to fix anything. It will just wipe it out from existence.

Donna Troy is now raising an army to face the oncoming Crisis. All Creation depends on her.

The Ion
"I see old friends returning, but also death. I see the end of everything coming far too quickly. And it is terrible."

Crisis is going to be incredible. smile

Draco69
yes

But it's gonna be INCREDIBLY hard to get the comics. Pre-orders are not possible at this stage.

OB1-adobe

I think these guys are hard up for material.

So does this mean the DC modern age is over, and movng on to the next one.

Draco69
No. Just some changes. Not necessarily another age so to speak.

eleveninches
it means that the COIE never ended!!!
And all of the modern age (COIE-present) was just an extention of the COIE story, soon to be concluded in infinite crisis

jrodslam
yes

But it's gonna be INCREDIBLY hard to get the comics. Pre-orders are not possible at this stage.

I live in New York, so ill say this. Late Wednesday morning or early afternoon when Midtown Comics opens up, ill be right there. Waiting to get my copy. If that fails, i have about 2 more options. Crisis is going to shut down the comic industry for a while.

Good job DC.

Pointinel
man i hope they put up a diff line for people buying IC, since i wont be getting it

hom 7 is supposed to be out this week too, that one ill get

Jimmy Buggs
"Infinite Crisis is HERE!"

wake me up when its over

long pig
You D.C fellas are going to keep us up to date on this, right?

willRules
i hope they are............

long pig
It sounds hella interesting. I want to know the jest of it at least.

Any new ideas on who the guy was who got into the tower?

snoopdogg
I think you can cross Bizaro off that list.

He speaks backwards and the guy in the Watchtower did not.

The Ion
I think it's A Superman. The look on J'onn's face tells me the person looked familar but with something different about them.

My guess? Pre-crisis Superboy all grown up. Crisis never ended and he went somewhere with the golden age Supes and Lois. Even if it wasn't him, I'd put money on him showing up soon.

I also think whoever it was saved J'onn's life.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by The Ion

I also think whoever it was saved J'onn's life. Hmmmmmmmm..............very interesting.

8bitChris
It's brilliant.

Now everyone who doesn't own or who hasn't read the original Crisis has to go buy it. DC is going to make an assload of money.

Let's keep a lookout for the conviniently new TPB.

hoorayforpeepee
how ridiculously different from HoM...er...

let's just hope they pull it off, and don't send it to the hands of Brian Michael Jackass.

8bitChris
How ridiculously similiar to the original Crisis! smile

Then again, the minis were well done. I just hope they actually mean something in the IC series and are not just some footnotes or something that happend because the original Crisis never ened.

long pig
I'm telling you, though.

D.C will go back to the silver age kiddie stories and Superman will be ejaculating napalm or some brand new power shit.

8bitChris
Well, that's better than adding things like rape, or brutal deaths to stories that don't do much for the story except add a little "shock" value.

long pig
Rape and Murder are the reasons the world needs Superheroes. A superhero who's only duty is saving kittens out of trees deserves to die.

It's not for "shock", it's for better stories and/or real life situations.

8bitChris
Rape and (small scale) Murder is what the cops are for. Or they don't count in the comic-verse? I know i'd feel sick to my stomach of Marvel ever came out with a story where Mary Jane gets raped or if DC does the same with Wonder Woman.

Super Heroes are needed for super powered planet endangering threats!

I hope you don't think rape + murder = good story. It's a viable tool when used correctly. However, when it's poorly executed purely for the sake of trying to seem, "grittier" (because that is what is trendy now) then it's more damaging to the story than anything else.

long pig
A true superhero would pass up battling Bizarro to save a rape victim.

I just prefer realism instead of kid stories. I mean, true, maybe it's because I'm older, but hey, it's just me.

I like stories of how superheroes would act in a world like we live in today, not a world of nostalgia circa 1950. Gee golly darn!

The Ion
I still think you're taking Waid's comment about Batman not being an ******* anymore way too seriously.

And Crisis will be way better than House of Meh. It'd be impossible for it not too.

yahman
Originally posted by The Ion
I still think you're taking Waid's comment about Batman not being an ******* anymore way too seriously.

And Crisis will be way better than House of Meh. It'd be impossible for it not too.

Indeed big grin

Rumours =

Anti Monitors return !
Guy in watch tower = Pre Crisis Superboy
Thor will return to save the planet from the House of M ..... ooops wrong story ! confused

I've said it once and i'll say it again .... where the bloody hell are the New GODS !!!!

Khellendros
Originally posted by long pig
A superhero who's only duty is saving kittens out of trees deserves to die.
laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.