Asgardian (Wiccan) & Hulkling

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Draco69
Quite possibly one the most controversial issues in comic book history. Some people are simply offended with the idea of gay teenagers in comic books. What do you guys think of this issue. It think it's quite overblown.

For god's sake it's a COMIC BOOK. roll eyes (sarcastic)

The Ion
I would have never noticed had I not read the letters section. laughing

Draco69
Yeah. The letters are RIDICULOUS. Jesus Christ. I cannot believe these people actually had to make a friggin political issue over something like this. Everyone's judging this book so harshly. It's not about the story to them. It's just the issue of race, gender, homosexuality, religion, and etc. that seems to garner their readership.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Draco69
I think it's quite overblown.Ditto.

chilled monkey
Okay let me see if I've got this clear;

It's okay to have characters like Carnage in comics (who is a serial killer) and Freddy Kruger (a pedophile) in movies. Both of these are considered icons, but people COMPLAIN about gay characters.

That is messed up.

long pig
I find it hard to believe people are truly upset about this....

Scoobless
It's laughably pathetic..... YA has already had a few people killed... including a kid killing himself (well... an older version of himself) but all that people can comment on is the "are they/aren't they" aspect of it

I guess these people aren't huge fans of the Authority either

roll eyes (sarcastic)

ScarletSpider
Yeah, it's ridiculous. It's a great book, in my opinion, and I look forward to it every month. Beyond that, I have better uses of my time than pondering the ramifications of making two of the characters gay.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.