Comic charaters that should'nt have their own movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

HigH ScholaR
Comic charaters that should'nt have their own movie

post who you think should not have their own movie this could be group wise or a single character.

Red Superfly
Fantastic Four - it's just too rediculous and silly. Human Torch is cool but the others have crap powers.
Silver Surfer - Too corny for a movie.
Martian Manhunter - same again, just too out-there.
The Avengers - Too many names that need too much explanation. Iron-Man, Cap America etc need their own movie.

willRules
Originally posted by Red Superfly
The Avengers - Too many names that need too much explanation. Iron-Man, Cap America etc need their own movie.

i am looking forward to the Ultimate avengers movie actually........... smile

The Ion
Ant Man

EsteemedLeader
War Machine.

Adam Warlock
Here are a bunch of movies Marvel's making:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=366682&perpage=20&pagenumber=1

EsteemedLeader
They're also working on a 'Venom' movie.

That reminds me, who do you think will be the baddie in Spider-Man 3?

Susan-Storm
Originally posted by Red Superfly
Fantastic Four - it's just too rediculous and silly. Human Torch is cool but the others have crap powers.
Silver Surfer - Too corny for a movie.
Martian Manhunter - same again, just too out-there.

I DISAGREE IN MANY WAYS I LOVED THAT MOVIE... I WORSHIP IT FOR GOD SAKE

HigH ScholaR
i am skeptical about the silver surfer movie

but i would like to see it

Inspectah Deck
Midnighter should never have his own film

HigH ScholaR
beast
franklin richards

HigH ScholaR
i cant see a stand alone beta ray bill movie but i can see in appearing in one like thors movie but not one for himself

JediMasterLuke5
People who shouldnt have own movies

Thor: not known to people that dont read comics
Avengers: Most characters arent known to people that dont read comics
Steel: Becuz it would stupid
Silver Surfer: Again it would be stupid
Hercules: Very Very Stupid
Flash: It going to be very hard to get people to believe that the Flash can hurt someone.
Martian Manhunter:not known to people that dont read comics
Green Arrow: fighting crime with Old weapons in Modern times, very very unbelievable.
Plastic Man: Very Very Very Very Very Stupid

More later

HigH ScholaR
hmmmmmmmmm

steel has done a movie already with shakeel o neil (hope i got that right) basically SHIT movie

hercules wouldn't be bad as he has already been mediarsed ie. hercules ledgendary journeys and his apperances in xena also the cartoon hercules and the c/b list movies so i see no problem in that.

Thor has appered in the 1970's hulk and it was stupid, but if they set the film in asgard i believe it good be a decent movie.

JediMasterLuke5
Originally posted by HigH ScholaR
hmmmmmmmmm

steel has done a movie already with shakeel o neil (hope i got that right) basically SHIT movie

I know that and Shaquille O'Neal did the movie, and youre right, that was a shit movie.

Blair Wind
id like a flash movie actually, especially if ryan renolds did it....but who shoudnt um lets see

elongated man
ant man
hawkman/woman
powergirl
Tempest (maybe later if they make an aquaman and its decent)
more that i cant think of....

ScarletSpider
If the treatment is well done, I can't think of any characters, short of Herbie the robot from FF "fame" who wouldn't work.

Fantastic Four too hoaky? Then play on that. It wasn't hoaky back in 1961, so have it set in 1961, make it a period piece.

Martian Manhunter not known outside of comics? So what? How well did the Blade movies do? Pretty damn well, and he wasn't known outside of comics.

JediMasterLuke5
Also..
Gladiator shouldnt
Sentry shouldnt

HigH ScholaR
hmmmmmmmmmmm

yer looking at it up front they shouldn't espicially considering how pwerful they are although a gladiaor film with the imperial guards may work.

Zahit
wolverine.

JediMasterLuke5
hmmmmmmmmmmm

yer looking at it up front they shouldn't espicially considering how pwerful they are although a gladiaor film with the imperial guards may work.
No the reason is becuz those are 2 of the most unknown hero's ever!!!!!

brainchild81
Blade wasn't well known, but did well.

Wonder Woman shouldn't
Zatanna shouldn't
Jubilee shouldn't

Martian Manhunter could possibly be done w/a much better costume.
Flash can be great if done right and I wouldn't mind seeing a really well done Shiva movie.

nigel45
Originally posted by JediMasterLuke5
People who shouldnt have own movies
Flash: It going to be very hard to get people to believe that the Flash can hurt someone.

I don't think I understand that statement. He moves very very very fast and he hits people. I don't see the general public getting lost in the translation.

bahhh_yeti
How can the avengers not be well known, especially in America!! "Look! It's Captain America!" Patriotism anyone????!! And this is coming from someone in New Zealand!

nigel45
Originally posted by bahhh_yeti
How can the avengers not be well known, especially in America!! "Look! It's Captain America!" Patriotism anyone????!! And this is coming from someone in New Zealand!

The majority of Americans have probably heard of him, but it's not like his comics are required reading if you want to become a citizen or something. I guaruntee 9 out of 10 people couldn't tell you his origin story, even in America. And he's STILL probably the most well known of the Avengers.

The Ion
Originally posted by JediMasterLuke5

???

That's ridiculous. Either that or you have an extremely low opinion of the general intelligence of the movie going population. What's hard to believe about getting hurt by a guy throwing lightspeed punches? laughing

And Wonder Woman needs to be done. People need to stop thinking she's a joke of a character.

bahhh_yeti
I wasnt implyin reading the comics is a requirement for citizenship and the point of a movie would be to explain his origins. He being the most well known of the avengers is TOTAL crap. Ironman AND The Hulk are just as famous AND there are over 50 official members and over 50 honourary members to date including Spiderman, Wolverine, Beast and all of the fantastic 4.

severance
dazzler
what a crap character

watch out i'm gonna dazzle ya - wait let me turn on my disco tunes first

Captain Britain - I'm British and I know this charcters not gonna work on a British audience

Jimmy Buggs
x men

Mainstream
Originally posted by Zahit
wolverine.

yeah he's already had 2 with a 3rd one on the way.

NoFate007
Many, many characters shouldn't. Too many to name. However, these are what I've heard so far that are in production that I don't think should be:

Iron Fist - who cares.
Ant Man - ha.
Namor - c'mon, Aquaman is much cooler than him. Namor is gay.
Black Panther - MAYBE one film but don't make a trilogy or something.
Elektra - shouldn't have been done. She was ok for Daredevil but don't give her her own movie.
Luke Cage - not big enough, sorry pal.
Deadpool - I just don't see how they can make an entire film out of him. He's kinda cool but he should just be a part of an X-Men cameo or something.

What they SHOULD do, if they aren't getting the ball on it already (and some they are):

Flash - hurry up. Reynolds is perfect for Wally.
Green Lantern - I'd prefer Rayner but Jordan would be good too.
Iron Man - come on, he's a big character, its about time.
Captain America - revamp.
Thor - big character, give him a shot.
Wonder Woman - I don't love the character but she's very popular and deserves her own film, without a doubt.

cosmicvenger
I'm actually looking forward to the Silver Surfer movie, and think it's quite viable to pull off with either Mephisto and or Galactus (well of course Galactus has to be in the movie).

As for comic characters that should never ever have their own movie...my number choice would be Speedball

NoFate007
Mephisto is in Ghost Rider. Galactus would definitely be in SS. Hm....who the hell do you think could actually play Galactus??? I never thought about it

Bushwacker
Funny how they'll make movies about characters from the 70's or later who didn't sell many comics, but not make movies of the more popular characters. That might be a good thing, though. Hollywood likes putting their own spin on things and ruin it for people who know the character before walking into the theater.
Some characters who I hope not to see in movies, in no particular order, are Booster Gold, Blue Devil, Drax the Destroyer, Speedball, and Justice. Just to name a few.....

brainchild81
Originally posted by NoFate007
Many, many characters shouldn't. Too many to name. However, these are what I've heard so far that are in production that I don't think should be:

Iron Fist - who cares.
Ant Man - ha.
Namor - c'mon, Aquaman is much cooler than him. Namor is gay. Aquaman will always be a well known joke. He's about as cool as Jubilee. Namor's about 1000 times cooler than Aquaman. Have you ever seen a Namorlad? It doesn't get much gayer than aquaman.

Adam Warlock
Originally posted by brainchild81
Aquaman will always be a well known joke. He's about as cool as Jubilee. Namor's about 1000 times cooler than Aquaman. Have you ever seen a Namorlad? It doesn't get much gayer than aquaman.

He's a great character. Orange and green color schemes seem to bring out his feminine side though. I agree, Aquaman movie will tank. If you gave people a choice if they to either watch an Aquaman movie, or a Namor movie, 7 maybe 8 out of 10 people will go and watch Namor.

JKozzy
After seeing it, Hulk.

Before seeing it, I wouldn't have minded.

Onikirimaru
Blue Beetle

A super hero struggling with obesity. No thanks.

redcaped
I am sorry for causing a little tension. My words don't have aim. In this case some superheroes need the presence of others not because one looks better or inferior but they work better as a team. We have Marvel and DC, each with their characters and never meant to collide. Captain America is a lonesome warrior that took his own choice and if we see him later with someone is because he is in the world not on the moon. For this very reason our heroes cannot make their ways permanently alone smile

redcaped
You guys need to hear this. Having trouble introducing characters altogether? The Avengers CAN-sorry, make its (movie) way through. Are you familiar with Japan and how they keep the smart style of having a line with the image paused? That can be done in english. You see? It's a simple solution. Why burn our minds if we work as a team.

redcaped
And they used a new feature for the Hulk with the angles at the same time allowing us to catch the perfect moment. They want to bring the comics to life. Why not using more new features that can work.

willRules
Deadpool - I just don't see how they can make an entire film out of him. He's kinda cool but he should just be a part of an X-Men cameo or something.

WHAT!!! Deadpool should definitely get his own movie!!! he is cool, has a grat history and there's tons of possible villains, such as T-ray, slayback, Juggernaut, black Tom Cassidy, Bullseye, any hero!!

Plus there are supporting cast possibilities like Siyrn, vanessa, weasal, Blind Al, Agent X etc etc

I think it would be great to have a deadpool movie!!

HigH ScholaR
i haerd that they are goiong to do a Ultimate Film.

willRules
i haerd that they are goiong to do a Ultimate Film.

Yep but I think its gonna be a cartoon............

HigH ScholaR
oh yes now i remember yes they are going to make it a cartoon.

redcaped
Guys, I'm terribly worried about the avengers. I hope they don't destroy the comic story by disintegrating them.

NoFate007
Originally posted by willRules
WHAT!!! Deadpool should definitely get his own movie!!! he is cool, has a grat history and there's tons of possible villains, such as T-ray, slayback, Juggernaut, black Tom Cassidy, Bullseye, any hero!!

Plus there are supporting cast possibilities like Siyrn, vanessa, weasal, Blind Al, Agent X etc etc

I think it would be great to have a deadpool movie!!

They can't use Bullseye or Juggernaut or something that is primarily a villain in another series. I don't know who some of the other people are, since I don't really follow Deadpool, but I think they need to prioritize the films they make. They shouldn't be making a film out of everyone (cough, people like Iron Fist, cough). I think they should do the top guns. Have a Thor movie, have an Iron Man, a Wonder Woman, Batman, Green Lantern, Superman, Spider-Man, X-Men, Fantastic Four, Hulk, Daredevil, etc. I'm gonna be pissed if they say like, "Well, we'll work on Iron Man later...right now we really wanna get into Hawkman..."

eleveninches
plastic-man

Knightfall93
Don't have:
Beano (LOL)
Green Hornet (Who?)
Steel (he's be cool but it'd require frakin' Supes).
Silver Surfer
The Flash (too unrealistic to watch. CORNY)
Wonder Woman.
Plastic Man (he's GAY)

DO have:

Green Lantern (make 1000000000000000s)
Loads of Batman Begins sequels!
Nick Fury
Avengers
Cap. America
Aquaman (but f**k off, Aqua"lad"wink
Venom
Bane

Lighthammer
They should not make another Spirderman for two reasons. One, I can't believ that with a popular charachter like Spiderman, theys eem to get away with really big inaccuarcies, for example he never had the ability to swing webs because of the spider bite, he invented it a s a forulula, and they seemed to mesh the original Spiderman with the Ultimate Spiderman, because Peter didn't nbno mary Jane in the originals until he had long been spiderman, but they did in the Ultimates, but The Green Goblin was a monster in the Ultimates, but in the movie and the originals he just had a costume. 2, tehy are planning on making seven spiderman mvies and thats juust too mcuh to make, and the villans for the third ones are mess up. Take Venom for example, they cast Topher Grace to play him, and the moment I read that I almsot collapsed. Okay Even without the symbitoe Brock is stilla buff guy,a dn they cast wealking Eric from that 7os show to play him. Now he played carnage, taht would make a lot of sense. Sandman, I think thoughbwas brilliantly cast, and it s a shame he has to appear in this movie franchise, that doesnt care about the books, all they care is milking it for all its worth.

nathan summers
Cable, Deadpool, Doop, Jubilee, Bishop, The Inhumans, Namor. Etc. Why? Because Marvel wouldn't do them right. Clay Aiken would end up playing Deadpool..

apoc001
lol I agree. I also never want to see Wonderman with his own movie. His story involves too much fame and fortune, so it would just turn into another superstar movie. Also, I'd hate to see Robin with a solo movie. It's just too hard to believe, and it wouldn't be taken seriously. Also, they should never make a movie that even involves Adam Worlock or Thanos. If that happened, the storyline would become so overly farfetched that the movie would have to just rely on special effects to get good reviews, like King Kong.

willRules
They can't use Bullseye or Juggernaut or something that is primarily a villain in another series. I don't know who some of the other people are, since I don't really follow Deadpool, but I think they need to prioritize the films they make. They shouldn't be making a film out of everyone (cough, people like Iron Fist, cough). I think they should do the top guns. Have a Thor movie, have an Iron Man, a Wonder Woman, Batman, Green Lantern, Superman, Spider-Man, X-Men, Fantastic Four, Hulk, Daredevil, etc. I'm gonna be pissed if they say like, "Well, we'll work on Iron Man later...right now we really wanna get into Hawkman..."

Actually Deadpool is a fairly popular character. There are numerous villains aside from bullseye or juggernaut to appear in a deadpool movie. Plus I don't think some of the big gun movies will do as well. Look at the Elektra movie, or catwoman, they were appalling..............

And I would much rather watch a Deadpool movie than Iron-man yes

steverules
I don't see Juggernaut or Bullseye in a deadpool movie since bullseye was already in DD and Juggernaut is in X3.

Marcus4600
Superman with a soap opera actor (I know they're already doing it, but it shouldn't happen.)
Wonder Woman
Ant-Man (the movie Enough already did the domestic violence thing)
The Flash
Aquaman (not bad ass enough. Namor rules)
Magneto (wouldn't be that interesting. I like Magneto, but how would it be done?)
The Inhumans
Wolverine (unless it's rated R)
Venom (unless it's rated R, and goes into his psyche well)
An Elektra sequel
Plastic-Man
Steel
Howard the Duck (I know it already happened)
Luke Cage
a Spawn sequel for at least another few years

Characters that would be GREAT for movies
Deadpool (guy who wrote Batman Begins wants to do one)
Namor (obviously)
Captain America
War Machine should be in Iron Man
Thor
Silver Surfer if they introduce Galactus in Fantastic 4 2
The New Avengers
Moon Knight

willRules
Originally posted by steverules
I don't see Juggernaut or Bullseye in a deadpool movie since bullseye was already in DD and Juggernaut is in X3.

thats why in my last post I said there are numerous villains aside from those two............

HigH ScholaR
well who else

doctor ketchup
FOOLS!! YOU ARE ALL FORGETTING ABOUT THE PERSON WITH NO CHANCE OF SUCCESS AT ALL, IM TALKING ABOUT THE MOLE MAN!!!

(stiltman too)

FOOM
Willie Lumpkin... well maybe

Highfather Herc
Earlier I read something about Thor being to unknown and that's funny to me because THOR IS AN A LIST CHARACTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Also Hercules might do well if it's made like a Gladiator kind of movie but before that I think that they would put him in Thor. And the Avengers are very well known not only Captain America but Hulk, Thor, Iron Man. Their are so many.

ragesRemorse
I like how people use the word corny to help explain why there shouldn't be movies made about certain comic book characters. All mainstream comic books are Extremely corny. As comic fans this is justified because we like the characters, but they are still corny as all hell.

jcvaldez
Howard the Duck should never been made into a movie!!

Kazenji
Howard the duck would be great for another film if done right and forgetting about what happen with the last travesty.

ragesRemorse
What is so bad about Howard the Duck?

It is about an intergalactic Duck that comes from a planet exactly the same as Earth. With only the dominant species being the difference. It is a horrible concept that seems sketchy for even a comic book, but it worked well enough. The effects were fine and the acting was good enough for a movie about an intergalactic talking duck.

Why do people shit on the movie so much, yet, Praise the comic books? I have never read the comic books, but i cant imagine the concept or characters are much different

Nighty101
Fantastic 4 and Iron Man are both loads of crap that need to be erased from superhero history.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Nighty101
Fantastic 4 and Iron Man are both loads of crap that need to be erased from superhero history.

Explain ?

especally for Iron Man.

SnakeEyes
Any minor, forgettable or lame comic character. Even some of the B-rate, not-so-lame ones still probably shouldn't get a feature film like Luke Cage, Plastic Man, etc. This doesn't mean that the characters aren't neat within the comics, but unless a character has a compelling story, why bother?

Symmetric Chaos
The Codpiece.

Nighty101
Originally posted by Kazenji
Explain ?

especally for Iron Man.

They both have crappy story lines. People get into space crashes and have diseases or heart problems (was it one of those or was it cancer? I forgot but I know it was a bodily illness) but they don't get super powers from it. There is no excitement in either of them. Especially the fantastic four. All they do is the same crappy stuff all over again. Nothing new ever happens. And they're both WAY to predictable. In X-3 (no this is not the face it is the movie) the last thing I expected was for the Prof to die or for Magneto to catch Jean. Or for Scott do die by a kiss of death. But they all happened. The main thing that makes up a character is their story. What happened, whats happening, and what might happen. But if you don't have that key peice to the puzzle, your hero's gonna suk.

Kazenji
So they should'nt of made movies on fantastic four and Iron Man becuase of one person thinks that their storylines are crappy

Seriously how much have you read of the comics for both of them to make that judgement ?

Batman does'nt have super powers and those films seem to be good..... erm

Drifter
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
---
Why do people shit on the movie so much, yet, Praise the comic books? I have never read the comic books, but i cant imagine the concept or characters are much different I'd imagine the jokes in the comics are/were better and the movie failed to capture the satire, the parody or the pure anarchy of the comic. Yes, the concept of Howard The Duck is bizarre to say the least. But hey, it was, like, the 70's, man! pimp

tjcoady
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx

It is about an intergalactic Duck that comes from a planet exactly the same as Earth. With only the dominant species being the difference. It is a horrible concept that seems sketchy for even a comic book, but it worked well enough. The effects were fine and the acting was good enough for a movie about an intergalactic talking duck.

Why do people shit on the movie so much, yet, Praise the comic books? I have never read the comic books, but i cant imagine the concept or characters are much different

The Steve Gerber Howard the Duck was nothing like the movie.

The comic was a metatextual, often hilarious, and racey comic book in-joke: a little like Ambush Bug but more adult.

It was clever and high-concept and fun in an off-beat way.

The movie mostly revolved around a duck replacing normal words with words with "quack" in them.

tjcoady
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
The Codpiece.

From "Doom Patrol?"

That guy should have like... six or seven movies.

Nihilist
Wolverine.

Kazenji
Why

just because of the changes with the new movie ?

CadoAngelus
3D Man...that'll be seriously ****ed...then again, not many people would know him, unless they read marvel comics...

lord xyz
Originally posted by Nihilist
Wolverine.

CadoAngelus
it seems that not many people are happy with the new wolverine film.

why not? i think it looks ace...

Juk3n
Originally posted by CadoAngelus
it seems that not many people are happy with the new wolverine film.

why not? i think it looks ace...

Because we can spot the difference between a real fan of Marvel comics making the movie with love and respect, and a **** head Studio/director who don't give a rats ass what they put on celuloid as long as they get Hugh Jackmans face everywhere. No disrespect to Hugh, but **** origins. If you're gonna do somthing major like that, with access to ALL the material already out there, how do you **** it up so monumentally? I mean Srsly, Weapon XI, eye beams, baraka blades??? WT Major F.

Abso
lutely
reatarded

CadoAngelus
Originally posted by Juk3n
Because we can spot the difference between a real fan of Marvel comics making the movie with love and respect, and a **** head Studio/director who don't give a rats ass what they put on celuloid as long as they get Hugh Jackmans face everywhere. No disrespect to Hugh, but **** origins. If you're gonna do somthing major like that, with access to ALL the material already out there, how do you **** it up so monumentally? I mean Srsly, Weapon XI, eye beams, baraka blades??? WT Major F.

Abso
lutely
reatarded

I see your point, I know exactly how you feel. My example of such disappointment was with the Transformers movie, so many things were missed out, so many loose ends were left, so many retcons were made, so many this and that and as i watched through it, i could see where Michael Bay had boned Transformers royally.

So in that respect I completely agree with everyones views on comic-movie adaptations. But, to be honest, you can't fit everything to do with the comic universe into an 1 and a half to 3hour movie. It would be lengthy, and for the most part, boring to everyone who is blissfully unaware that the film they're watching was an epic story, alive and strong, before they could piss straight.

All I can really say to try and defend the Origins movies is that they're trying to tell the story of the movie franchise characters (who bare striking resemblence to the comic characters). I mean, I don't remember Pheonix killing Cyclops, or Prof. X...Prof. X disappeared in House of M (i believe ), and Cyclops is still going strong (i believe lol...)

Mindset
Transformers was a fairly decent movie.

SDB
Silver Surfer should have his own movie, i for one would watch it. I'm a huge sci-fi fan. besides if steel,catwoman,nick fury,ghost rider,spawn got there shot. then so should the surfer. problem is getting a good writer/director.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.