Tourney: Round 2, Fight #2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DigiMark007

Whirlysplatt
Should be firworks here smile

Scoobless
Siryn and Venom in the same match.... tough break there Jin

Dizzle
Except that half of Jinzin's argument was that, while Venom was allowed into this tourney solely because he has exploitable weaknesses, he really doesn't. Venom is apparently as immune to fire and sonics as he is to everything else nowadays.

Swanky-Tuna
Is it "I'm the size of a house!" Venom?

stormfront13
Originally posted by Dizzle
Except that half of Jinzin's argument was that, while Venom was allowed into this tourney solely because he has exploitable weaknesses, he really doesn't. Venom is apparently as immune to fire and sonics as he is to everything else nowadays.

then shouldn't he be limited or disqualified? everybody was trying to do the same to me last round. since venom is there, and sabertooth has enhanced hearing, all i really need to do is scream.

Scoobless
classic Venom was the strength limit... not enhanced Venom

stormfront13
so it is classic venom, then he is still very vulnerable to sonic attacks, and with sabertooths enhanced hearing, the sonic attack will be amplified, causing more damage. one or two screams and kahuna should be out.

long pig
Basically, yeah. Unless there's something I don't know.

EsteemedLeader
TBK seems like he'll run circles around Skreik though. Definite strength and speed and agility advantage. Plus, he can copy all of Skreiks moves, so it'll be even harder to fight him.

stormfront13
i won't fight h2h with him. i will have a force-field around myself which will be impossible for him to get through because it is comprised of shrieks sound, and when he is vulnerable to sonic, and when he has enhanced hearing, he'll go unconsious from trying to get through. so basically all i need to do is surround myself with my force-field, and let a few screams out, and he should be done.

stormfront13
recebtly in black panther number 7, a laser easily went right through him, i would have no problem doing the same.

EsteemedLeader
Originally posted by stormfront13
i won't fight h2h with him. i will have a force-field around myself which will be impossible for him to get through because it is comprised of shrieks sound, and when he is vulnerable to sonic, and when he has enhanced hearing, he'll go unconsious from trying to get through. so basically all i need to do is surround myself with my force-field, and let a few screams out, and he should be done.

I thought force-fields were illegal.

Scoobless
Originally posted by EsteemedLeader
I thought force-fields were illegal.

they aren't illegal, but they are limited (titanium strength tops i believe)

stormfront13
no, i used them in the last fight, and digi said it was fine

EsteemedLeader
Originally posted by Scoobless
they aren't illegal, but they are limited (titanium strength tops i believe)

I thought that was for armor and shields?

jinzin
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
Is it "I'm the size of a house!" Venom?

it is....

EsteemedLeader
Where's that pic of TBK? Post it here jinzin!!!eek!

jinzin
then shouldn't he be limited or disqualified? everybody was trying to do the same to me last round. since venom is there, and sabertooth has enhanced hearing, all i really need to do is scream.

youneed to inhale to get a decent amount of air to scream... won't happen... before you have the chance you're going to have symbiote stuffed halfway down your throat.. and that will be the end of you... period....

don't believe me? here's an example of sypbiotic speeds at work... your going down before you even have the chance to put up a fight... roll eyes (sarcastic)

jinzin
Where's that pic of TBK? Post it here jinzin!!!eek!

TBK IN THE HIZZY!

stormfront13
even that normal human had gotten a few feet away by the time venom reached him. i have enhanced reflexes, reaction time, and pre-cog. by the time you get to me,i will already have a sonic based shield up, and you are vulnerable to sonic, which means that you wouldn't be able to get through to me. even if somehow you do, then i have another force-field of laser energy made up around me.

jinzin
and if you think some ridicuouls forcefield is going to save you like it did in the last match you are sorely mistaken my friend... unfortunately.. you NEED oxygen.. especially if you're goin to be screaming at me like crazy, so while I'm buisy using my riciulous amounts of agility and my energy shields for protection, there will be a nasty little piece of symbiote coming right through that shield... symbiotes can break down to a near molecular level... and unless your force field was completely air tight, I'm getting through... then I'm symbiote choking your ass all over again... hell I can just slime the stuff under ground... then BAM it comes up on the other side and STILL kills you...

have your pick... you die in any scenario.... you can't attack with more force than pure sound..... venom's literally walked through THAT.... so what are you gonna do to my boosted amalagam besides die?

jinzin
even that normal human had gotten a few feet away by the time venom reached him. i have enhanced reflexes, reaction time, and pre-cog. by the time you get to me,i will already have a sonic based shield up, and you are vulnerable to sonic, which means that you wouldn't be able to get through to me. even if somehow you do, then i have another force-field of laser energy made up around me.

i don't think you were paying attention there... venom's symbiote easily outspeeds a damn bullet after catching up from behind it... it slows the bullet down so it doesn't plaster that guy....

again.. you die before you have the chance to put u a decent defense...

so your whole plan is to put up shield after shield after shield while attacking me with your scream and NOT get exhausted? pffffft... lol again... faster than a bullet here.. you do nothing but die....

stormfront13
Originally posted by jinzin
and if you think some ridicuouls forcefield is going to save you like it did in the last match you are sorely mistaken my friend... unfortunately.. you NEED oxygen.. especially if you're goin to be screaming at me like crazy, so while I'm buisy using my riciulous amounts of agility and my energy shields for protection, there will be a nasty little piece of symbiote coming right through that shield... symbiotes can break down to a near molecular level... and unless your force field was completely air tight, I'm getting through... then I'm symbiote choking your ass all over again... hell I can just slime the stuff under ground... then BAM it comes up on the other side and STILL kills you...

have your pick... you die in any scenario.... you can't attack with more force than pure sound..... venom's literally walked through THAT.... so what are you gonna do to my boosted amalagam besides die?

actually, all i need is one scream for a force-field to come up. that's the way soryn and bashee's scream works. how do you think they can talk while they are flying? they wouldn't be able to fly if they had to keep screaming to use their power. your symbiote is very vulnerable to sonic attacks, so if you try to get through a sonic force-field, what do you think will happen? you will be knocked unconsious because the symbiote can't take it. venom has been beaten many times by sonic attacks, and with the symbiote having enhanced hearing, then you will be even more vulnerable. you have to be vulnerable, or else you would be violating the rules. as someone has already pointed out, venom is only here due to the fact that he has weaknesses. if you say that you don't have any weaknessess, then you will have to be limited, or you will be disqualified. all i need to do is scream, and shoot a few lasers and you will be unconsious. sabertooth has had lasers go completley through him before, and it wil happen again.

long pig
Faster than a bullet? Not legal.

Force fields normally allow air to pass through while blocking everything else. I don't see Shreik gasping for air.

jinzin
actually, all i need is one scream for a force-field to come up. that's the way soryn and bashee's scream works. how do you think they can talk while they are flying? they wouldn't be able to fly if they had to keep screaming to use their power. your symbiote is very vulnerable to sonic attacks, so if you try to get through a sonic force-field, what do you think will happen? you will be knocked unconsious because the symbiote can't take it. venom has been beaten many times by sonic attacks, and with the symbiote having enhanced hearing, then you will be even more vulnerable. you have to be vulnerable, or else you would be violating the rules. as someone has already pointed out, venom is only here due to the fact that he has weaknesses. if you say that you don't have any weaknessess, then you will have to be limited, or you will be disqualified. all i need to do is scream, and shoot a few lasers and you will be unconsious. sabertooth has had lasers go completley through him before, and it wil happen again.

sabretooth hashad lazers go through him yes..and he got right back up.. so I'm not sure where your going with that one.. erm....

also again.. you need to inhale before you scream, it's just logical... trouble is.. you did before you get the chance to exhale...

and don't tell me about the rules.. you lost that one that last match purely and simply by going well beyond the limitations that were previously set by the rules.. if that's the case then this is what's up...

I have energy claws (wolverine style, thankyou tm) all I need to do is bounce and hop my way all around you... avoiding whatever you've got... then simply attack head on with my energy claws.. they go through your shield.. then through you... end of story.....

it should be noted: brock was able to get through a sonic shield by pulling his symbiote to the back of him, while he beat up the guard on the other sideof the shield simply by bypassing it....now I have sabretooth level strength with energy claws that will go right through your shield....

sabretooth, before his enhancements was able to get past an energy shield that could stop a full grown elephant.. you really think you're going to have a chance to stop my amalgam? I certainly don't..

your whole plan for victory, is that my boy isn't as durable as he's proven himself to be.. well sorry.. anyone who knows venom, knows that when he gets pissed, putting him down with sonics, becomes a pretty SLIM option at that point.. now you're dealing with a guy who sports berserker rage...

you certainly aren't packing any more firepower than spiderman x/a sonic gun and the human torch... a team which btw venom took down by himself, with pretty minimal effort... hmmmmmmmmmm

yup.... still looks like you're going to die here....

jinzin
Originally posted by long pig
Faster than a bullet? Not legal.

Force fields normally allow air to pass through while blocking everything else. I don't see Shreik gasping for air.

it's not a traveling speed long pig.. I don't recal there ever being a cap to combative speeds....

otherwise we'd have to set a limit on how fast lazers are and the sort... What the f**k?

long pig
Actually, there is a cap on reaction speed per character. Spiderman is the limit.

EsteemedLeader
Actually, there is a cap on reaction speed per character. Spiderman is the limit.

Doesn't Spidey also move fast as bullets?

jinzin

to reaction speed... yeah.. I'm talking about combative speed.. weapons useage.... look if lazers are going faster than bullets... so is my symbiote.. that's all I'm saying... I just have an edge cause my lazer quivalant has intelligence...

jinzin
Doesn't Spidey also move fast as bullets?

he's been shown to on a few occasions... but mostly he just has his spider sense which allows him to react faster than they can get to him....

hmmm I have a moc spidersense myself.. hmmmm

jinzin
Originally posted by Dizzle
Except that half of Jinzin's argument was that, while Venom was allowed into this tourney solely because he has exploitable weaknesses, he really doesn't. Venom is apparently as immune to fire and sonics as he is to everything else nowadays. ... evil face

stormfront13
you won't be getting to me when i have enhanced reflexes, reaction time, pre-cog, and a spider-sence. you do realize that it takes less than a second for a normal human to inhale and exhale, now with a human with enhanced speed, reflexes, and reaction time, it will happen even faster, and if you think that your faster than that, then your waaaaay past the rules. this is a quote from you from a while ago:

"venom and wolvie getsmy vote... if hulk's THAT much of a threat the symbiote might just takeover wolverine.... especially since it has no sentimental bond to it'shosts anymore... i think between wolvenom and hulk.. wolvenom wins..."

your saying that it has no bond to it's host. the symbiote is very unreliable, and when it sees me as a threat, it will detach and leave. Seeing it doesn't have the sentimental bond anymore. now our even weaker. nothing you have can get through two force-fields. in my last fight, i provided pictures of dazzlers shields standing up to a pissed juggernaut. they broke, but she didn't feel the damage. your no where close to classic juggernaut, so it will take tons of effort to break my shields, even if you can. with your enhanced hearing, and weakness to sonic attacks, it's doubtful that your going to even get past the first shield.

EsteemedLeader
you won't be getting to me when i have enhanced reflexes, reaction time, pre-cog, and a spider-sence. you do realize that it takes less than a second for a normal human to inhale and exhale, now with a human with enhanced speed, reflexes, and reaction time, it will happen even faster, and if you think that your faster than that, then your waaaaay past the rules. this is a quote from you from a while ago:

"venom and wolvie getsmy vote... if hulk's THAT much of a threat the symbiote might just takeover wolverine.... especially since it has no sentimental bond to it'shosts anymore... i think between wolvenom and hulk.. wolvenom wins..."

your saying that it has no bond to it's host. the symbiote is very unreliable, and when it sees me as a threat, it will detach and leave. Seeing it doesn't have the sentimental bond anymore. now our even weaker. nothing you have can get through two force-fields. in my last fight, i provided pictures of dazzlers shields standing up to a pissed juggernaut. they broke, but she didn't feel the damage. your no where close to classic juggernaut, so it will take tons of effort to break my shields, even if you can. with your enhanced hearing, and weakness to sonic attacks, it's doubtful that your going to even get past the first shield.

Um, fool, you can go beyond limits with your amalgam.

There is a sentimental bond here, this isn't simply a character getting the symbiote, this is a amalgam. Every redeeming quality of Venom himself gets mixed in, not just the fact that he has a symbiote.

stormfront13
Um, fool, you can go beyond limits with your amalgam.

There is a sentimental bond here, this isn't simply a character getting the symbiote, this is a amalgam. Every redeeming quality of Venom himself gets mixed in, not just the fact that he has a symbiote.

then all the personalities of his characters mix together, will thy really work well together? will they function right? they are all villians, and villians can be very untrustworthy and don't like taking orders. will they cooperate to make his amalgam a threat?

8bitChris
SpiderWoman III doesn't have a "Spider Sense". She has all the powers of the previous Spider Women and none of them had a Spider Sense.

How can she have one?

I like Jinzin's strategy of tucking the symbiote away until he is close up. It negates the weakness.

However, it looks like Jinzin has a lot of convincing to do still. I wouldn't try the "Siryn has to breath" arguement for too long. It didn't work for me and appeared to have fallen on dense heads and deaf ears.

EsteemedLeader
then all the personalities of his characters mix together, will thy really work well together? will they function right? they are all villians, and villians can be very untrustworthy and don't like taking orders. will they cooperate to make his amalgam a threat?

The personality will become one, so how can it not agree with itself?

TwisterGameX
This match is crazy, first one of you guys ***** smacks the other, then here comes the other one with a counter ***** smack. Good debates guys!!!

jinzin
you won't be getting to me when i have enhanced reflexes, reaction time, pre-cog, and a spider-sence. you do realize that it takes less than a second for a normal human to inhale and exhale,

and how long exactly do you think it takes a bullet to get to a target 5 feet away? What the f**k?

now with a human with enhanced speed, reflexes, and reaction time, it will happen even faster, and if you think that your faster than that, then your waaaaay past the rules. ,

spped? I got more... reflexes? I've still got faster... reaction time... nope.. that's mine again... sorry but this has nothing to do with going past any rules.. the fact of the matter is that I power stacked like crazy and now I'm ulmito badass... sorry that doesn't bode well for you, but I like the fact that you have such a problem with it... shows weakness in your character... shows a lack of confidence in your ability to take TBK out... rightfully so... evil face

this is a quote from you from a while ago:

your saying that it has no bond to it's host. the symbiote is very unreliable, and when it sees me as a threat, it will detach and leave.

first off... it isn't reliant on a host in the current comics... no.. that's true... it's also true that that simply wasn't the case when eddie brock was alive.. it was brock's concious desicion to push the symbiote away from himself... and yet it's ALSO true that my character IS bonded to the symbiote... it's part of his amalgamated history... your point here is both irrelevent and harmful...

if you seriously want to use a detatched symbiote in this fight.. things are going to get even worse.. sabretooth's still packing energy claws, and TM abilities.. he can get through your shields rather handily...

having a killer symbiote going on all sides of you and seeping through that shield is going to be bad.... that venom is also quite resistant to sonics so good luck with that roll eyes (sarcastic)

nothing you have can get through two force-fields.

SEE right here your being a hipocrite... there's a limit to the shileds too.. and you simply don't have anything that's going to stop me from getting to you period... if your whole argument is nothing can get through my shields despite that being CLEARLY outside ANY limitations previously set... than you have already lost...

in my last fight, i provided pictures of dazzlers shields standing up to a pissed juggernaut. they broke, but she didn't feel the damage. your no where close to classic juggernaut, so it will take tons of effort to break my shields, even if you can. with your enhanced hearing, and weakness to sonic attacks, it's doubtful that your going to even get past the first shield.

venom the madness part 3.. regular venom kicks juggernaught's ass and makes him run away... as you were saying? confused

stormfront13
Originally posted by 8bitChris
SpiderWoman III doesn't have a "Spider Sense". She has all the powers of the previous Spider Women and none of them had a Spider Sense.

How can she have one?

I like Jinzin's strategy of tucking the symbiote away until he is close up. It negates the weakness.

However, it looks like Jinzin has a lot of convincing to do still. I wouldn't try the "Siryn has to breath" arguement for too long. It didn't work for me and appeared to have fallen on dense heads and deaf ears.

no, she has the powers of spider-man. she went through the gathering of the five and got all his powers because he was her idol. she has even replaced him before. the reason she has the powers of all the spider-women is because she absorbed them from the evil spider-woman. sabertooth still has a weakness to sonic attacks due to the fact that he has enhanced hearing. siryn does have to breath, but she only needs one scream to put up a force-field. how do you think she flies? if her power works the way you claim, then she couldn't fly.

long pig
Making sure characters get along was one of the first rules.

How like Reed/Doom combo wouldn't work.

I think Stormfront is saying that since it's been shown that the new venom doesn't have the sentimental bond to it's host like it used to, it will just up and leave seeing someone with such a high sonic capability.

The symbiote is self preserving.

jinzin

amalgam... look it up.... in other words .... YES

think about darkclaw.. wolverine kills... batman doesn't.... the amalgam of the two worked fine though.. it's the perfect mixture...

jinzin
Making sure characters get along was one of the first rules.

How like Reed/Doom combo wouldn't work.

I think Stormfront is saying that since it's been shown that the new venom doesn't have the sentimental bond to it's host like it used to, it will just up and leave seeing someone with such a high sonic capability.

The symbiote is self preserving.

this has only become a viable strategy since it's original bond with brock failed... again... this is an amalgam..... my guy is bonded just fine...

long pig
Well, that's for the people to decide. wink

jinzin

How can she have one?

sorry man... hopefully people will read this and think it through... breathing...... = time... symbiote speed blitzing sf's ass = less time...

time to scream= less time than st can afford..

jinzin
Well, that's for the people to decide. wink

well it shouldn't be a hard decision since that's the whole point of these amalgamated mixtures... wink

jinzin
no, she has the powers of spider-man. she went through the gathering of the five and got all his powers because he was her idol. she has even replaced him before. the reason she has the powers of all the spider-women is because she absorbed them from the evil spider-woman. sabertooth still has a weakness to sonic attacks due to the fact that he has enhanced hearing. siryn does have to breath, but she only needs one scream to put up a force-field. how do you think she flies? if her power works the way you claim, then she couldn't fly.

flying is the same thing as a force field now?

EsteemedLeader
Indeed, since Skreik doesn't have a Spider-Sense either. I can't see how she is faster than TBK.

jinzin
she's not... hell I mean an enhnced spiderwoman can't even keep up with wolverine... we all know sabretooth owns him 6 days out of the week... it's reall not that hard to figure out who has more to bring to the table here all amagalamtion considered...

Scoobless
first off... it isn't reliant on a host in the current comics

um.... wouldn't that mean that Venom is his own body then... and since you didn't take him as your body for this tourney.... well.... doesn't that mean you lose the whole symbiotic tendril thing? and the enhanced strength?

just a thought

jinzin
um.... wouldn't that mean that Venom is his own body then... and since you didn't take him as your body for this tourney.... well.... doesn't that mean you lose the whole symbiotic tendril thing? and the enhanced strength?

just a thought

hmmmm well it's an interesting question... and no... he still has tendrils and enhanced strength without the host.. but I think it's safe to assume for the purposes of this debate the symbiote acts as all symbiotes do and attactches itself to a host.. TBK being the host..

venom evolving to become self reliant.. was exactly that.. an evolution...

8bitChris
I don't think Jinzin knows what he's gotten himself into! evil face evil face

http://www.geocities.com/marvel_villain/galactus/dazzler010.jpg

stormfront13
and how long exactly do you think it takes a bullet to get to a target 5 feet away? What the f**k?

:

who says we're 5 feet away?

your missing the point, with all my speed and reaction time you wouldn't be able to get to me before the shield is up.

you were the one that said it

you have no way of getting through my force-field.

actually my powerful shields are more than powerful enough to protect me from you. it's called power-meshinf, and it's legel. digi has even said so.

no, the point was that even juggernauts strangth wasn't enough to get past it, so how will venoms?

hardly. if your going to bypass the length of an entire bridge in less than half a second then your over the speed limit and you will have to be weakened.

you completley missed the point, and are trying to bs your way out of this.

i have a spider-sence! along with pre-cog.

jinzin
I don't think Jinzin knows what he's gotten himself into! evil face evil face

http://www.geocities.com/marvel_villain/galactus/dazzler010.jpg

laughing out loud

oh no?

well take this!

(since sabretooth >>>>>>> wolverine.. I have all of wolverine's pis feats basically on my side here too..... laughing out loud )

EsteemedLeader
OMG Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends is such an awesome show!!!eek!

But I don't think that the host-bond argument is really going to do anything here. Since it's supposed to be Venom, and not simply his symbiote, that is part of TBK.

long pig
Your shields are up during prep, stormfront?

EsteemedLeader
i have a spider-sence! along with pre-cog.

No, you don't. According to the bio YOU YOURSELF submitted, you don't have Spider-Sense.

jinzin

hell no they're not.. if that's what he was doing he should have stated this back when we got started.... he can't reverse time.. pfffft roll eyes (sarcastic)

I'll be back later to crush these pathetic arguments...

Scoobless
OMG Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends is such an awesome show!!!eek!

But I don't think that the host-bond argument is really going to do anything here. Since it's supposed to be Venom, and not simply his symbiote, that is part of TBK.

well it's either the Eddie Brock - Venom here or the new evolved Venom

if it's Eddie/Venom then that's fine, the symbiote is just a part and can be addded to the amalgam like a gun could be.... but if it's evolved Venom then it's a little different... Venom's entire existence is the Alien "symbiote" part (though how a Symbiote can survive without a host is beyond me) ...so if it's only the alien then just slapping it onto another character means you essentially have two people on the battlefield rather than only one like you're supposed to have

Brock/Venom - Symbiote = half character

New Venom - Symbiote = full character

Scoobless
No, you don't. According to the bio YOU YOURSELF submitted, you don't have Spider-Sense.

i didn't think Spider-Woman had spider sense either

stormfront13

yeah, if it's allowed.

the link is also really crappy, and even if you don't believe me about the whole spider-sence thing, i have pre-cog and clairvoyance to make up for that.

EsteemedLeader
Well, it was stated earlier that it is classic Venom.

And technically, due to the bond, it wouldn't be two characters.

stormfront13
fine, if it's classic venom, then he is still as vulnerable as ever, and he needs proof that old venom is still that fast.

jinzin
i don't think your listening so to speak scoob...

the new evolved venom WAS bonded with brock.. but brock pushed it away as part of a concious effort.. he wanted to do so...but tbkk isn't doing that here.. there's no moral dilema i have to deal with here..... thus I'm going into this with the same history as brock basically... except I'm not pushing it away.. thus the point is null and void...

... the symbiote feeds of rage, sabretooth certainly has an abundance of that.. the evolved symbiote claimed wolverine was the perfect host for it.. I assume the same would go for sabes as well... only this time there has been bonding between the host and symbiote since the 80's just like brock...

jinzin
i didn't think Spider-Woman had spider sense either

probably because.....................

she doesn't....

stormfront13
probably because.....................

she doesn't....

there's no proof of that, and she's been shown to dodge many thing in the past, and she has even replaced spider-man himself for a while. even if she doesn't, i have clairvoyance and pre-cog to keep up.

stormfront13
also it doesn't matter how fast you are because i put my shields up during prep

Scoobless
... the symbiote feeds of rage, sabretooth certainly has an abundance of that..

actually they feed on phenylethylamine.... lol (so it was stated in "Venom: The Hunger" anyway.... well i think it was that story)

"Phenylethylamine releases dopamine in the mesolimbic pleasure-centres; it peaks during orgasm"

so basically.... the symbiote feeds on pleasure..... big grin

lol

laughing out loud

EsteemedLeader
Yes. And just so I can make a point clear:

In the amalgam, it's not simply slapping the venom symbiote onto the body. You're putting all of Venom into the amalgam, not simply the symbiote entity.

Let me explain it better this way:

Let's say you amalgam Iron Man. You would not simply be adding Iron Man's exact armor to the mix, but all of the armor, Tony Stark, and the history of Iron Man. If you simply used the armor, it would not work since it is made for Tony only and wouldn't work to maximum efficiency. It would also give the amalgam a horrible migraine through the fight, since it's reading brain waves that differ from Tony's.(this is what happened to War Machine when he became Iron Man)

So, as an amalgam, the symbiote is that of TBK's, not simply Eddie Brock.

Scoobless
i know all that.... but when Jin pointed out that Venom is now it's own being... well it occured to me that his mass would be counted as being a body as much as Sabretooth's would... and we're only permitted to use the body of one character

i don't think it's going to come to anything though... just thought i'd throw it out there

long pig
Spiderwoman doesn't have pre-cog?

8bitChris
The difference between Spider Sense and Pre-Cog is that the SS is an instinctive reaction as soon as danger happens.

Pre-Cog is seeing what happens before it happens. So you'd have to determine what is happening, and then consciously (instead of instinctively) react to it.

This makes Spider Sense a MUCH more effective tool of dodging.

Spider Woman doesn't have it. There is no reason she would. No proof of her having it either.

(My Doppleganger Spider Sense arguement was effective due to the fact that he mimic'd "all" of Spidermans Powers.)

EsteemedLeader
Now I see what you mean. But his character can have more mass like that, I think, since it's an addition to his body, like armor is.

stormfront13
http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/s/spiderwomaniii.htm

proof that spider-woman has pre-cog and clairvoyance.

stormfront13
The difference between Spider Sense and Pre-Cog is that the SS is an instinctive reaction as soon as danger happens.

Pre-Cog is seeing what happens before it happens. So you'd have to determine what is happening, and then consciously (instead of instinctively) react to it.

Spider Woman doesn't have it. There is no reason she would. No proof of her having it either.

(My Doppleganger Spider Sense arguement was effective due to the fact that he mimic'd "all" of Spidermans Powers.)

yes, spider-woman mimic'd all of spider-mans powers too, in the gathering of the five.

EsteemedLeader
I don't doubt pre-cog. It's the fact that she doesn't have Spider-Sense.

long pig

Oh.

stormfront13
I don't doubt pre-cog. It's the fact that she doesn't have Spider-Sense.

which no one really has any proof of. she has dodged many things like spider-man in the past, and was so good that seh was even able to replace him for a while.

8bitChris
yes, spider-woman mimic'd all of spider-mans powers too, in the gathering of the five.

No, the Gathering of the 5 gave her super strength and flight. Then later on she got all the powers of the previous Spider Women. (e.g. venom blasts, sticking to walls, and psi-webbing.)

The Gathering of the five is completely different and unrelated to Peter' Parker's being bitten by a radioactive spider. So I don't see how they would produce the same results.

Your amalgam has a lot of tricks SF but it doesn't have a Spider sense. Use the others. smile

stormfront13
No, the Gathering of the 5 gave her super strength and flight. Then later on she got all the powers of the previous Spider Women. (e.g. venom blasts, sticking to walls, and psi-webbing.)

The Gathering of the five is completely different and unrelated to Peter' Parker's being bitten by a radioactive spider. So I don't see how they would produce the same results.

Your amalgam has a lot of tricks SF but it doesn't have a Spider sense. Use the others. smile

no, it gave her the powers of spider-man, because she wanted them due to him being her idol.

EsteemedLeader
no, it gave her the powers of spider-man, because she wanted them due to him being her idol.

SHE.DOESN'T.HAVE.SPIDER-SENSE.

Get over it.

Scoobless

then why could she fly?

it never once stated that she got Spider-Man's powers, just that she got "power"

and even if it gave her the powers she asked for.... there's no way she could have known about his spider sense

long pig
Well, the site says precognition.

She has it probably better than Spiderman, but the limit is Spiderman so I'll just look at it as equal. The same way Kaine has pre-cog, but not called Spider sense.
Or Ravage....

stormfront13
either way it doesn't matter that i don't have a spider-sence because i have pre-cog and clairvoyance, so i am able to pin-point danger, and know of my enemies moves before they happen. i come into the fight with both shields up, and as soon as the fight starts, i scream, severly injuring kahuna. then i let go a laser or two which kahuna has no protection from. also, in the past dazzler has knocked people unconsious by overloading their sensory percrepitations with so much light, their body couldn't handle it, and they were knocked unconsious. i can do this again, and it would easily affect you. or i could use dazzlers light to straight forward affect your equilibrum(spelling??) and make you feel very nauseous, dizzt, and faint. you won't even know which way is straight or which way is forward. i can either do this with dazzler or siryn.

EsteemedLeader
What if he uses his symbiote to cover his eyes?

stormfront13
then why could she fly?

it never once stated that she got Spider-Man's powers, just that she got "power"

and even if it gave her the powers she asked for.... there's no way she could have known about his spider sense

in my spider-man book in the section for spider-women, it says that the gathering of the five gave her the powers of her idol, spider-man. he was her idol, of course she knew about the spider-sence. she has even replaced him, how would she not know?

EsteemedLeader
She got similar powers if anything.

stormfront13
What if he uses his symbiote to cover his eyes?

your retinas can still sence light when they're covered. and she has lighten up over half of the world, making venom see light would be no problem.

EsteemedLeader
But light can't go through that symbiote, I wager.

stormfront13
then venom would never be able to see basically, or he'd be almost invisable all the time

Scoobless
of course she knew about the spider-sence. she has even replaced him, how would she not know?

because it's not common knowledge... the vast majority of his allies and villains know nothing about his spider sense... every so often he tries to tell his allies about it but for the most part people just think he's fast

also, in the past dazzler has knocked people unconsious by overloading their sensory percrepitations

i hate when my percrepitations get overloaded

lol

EsteemedLeader
then venom would never be able to see basically, or he'd be almost invisable all the time

He'd sniff her out.

long pig
OW! My percrepitations !

stormfront13
because it's not common knowledge... the vast majority of his allies and villains know nothing about his spider sense... every so often he tries to tell his allies about it but for the most part people just think he's fast

well she knew enough about him mto fool all of his allies and villians. she had apparnetly fought just like him.

what are you talking about confused

EsteemedLeader
He'd smell her. He could still find her without seeing her.

long pig
But he'd otherwise be incapacitated? Is that what you mean?

Scoobless
symbiotic light sensors are not similar to human eyes... it's reasonable to assume that they will not react the same to a lightburst that would temporarily blind a human.... they may not be effected at all

EsteemedLeader
I mean:

If she uses the 'really bright light that overloads him' thing, he'll just shield his eyes with a thick musilage of symbiote, then sniff her out, and curb-stomp her.

long pig
symbiotic light sensors are not similar to human eyes... it's reasonable to assume that they will not react the same to a lightburst that would temporarily blind a human.... they may not be effected at all

But didn't jinzin say he was going to run up to SF while keeping the symbiote in hiding?

Scoobless
indeed... i forgot about that

EsteemedLeader
But if she stop using the sonics and starts blasting light, he'd no longer have a reason to tuck it away.

8bitChris
This thread is funny. laughing

TwisterGameX
you guys vote yet, I am still thinking.

long pig
But if she stop using the sonics and starts blasting light, he'd no longer have a reason to tuck it away.
Who says she can't do both? Mix them together even to capitolize on her victim's weaknesses.

EsteemedLeader
I don't think she could harness enough power to do the blinding thing at the same time she is using sonics

long pig
And what do you base that theory on?

Siryn gives Dazzler nearly limitless power. Whatever is left, she can use for sonics. Like a sonic-light attack, overloading two super human senses at once.

No reason to think otherwise.

EsteemedLeader
But what about the Cyclops power limit?

long pig
It's void when you power mesh.

Scoobless
i like the fact that the people this thread is about don't need to post... everyone else just puts forward all the possible attack/defence scenarios and they can just come in at the end and pick the one they think is the most efficient

big grin

long pig
laughing

Well, it's interesting. Get carried away sometimes.

But, yeah...we should stop.

stormfront13
yeah, i was basing that on the symbiote hiding away. sbertooth has human eyes, and therefore will be affected. he also has enhanced hearing, so he will be affected by sonic attaks too. if the symbiote is there to protect him from lights, then he's still screwed due to the fact that the symbioe is even more vulnerable to sonics than sabertooth is. either way he is screwed, and either way, it's a win-win situation for me.

Khellendros
laughing out loud
Holy sh*t it is funny looking at who here has replied and how much.

EsteemedLeader 24
stormfront13 24
jinzin 22
long pig 16
Scoobless 13

Man, EstemedLeader is VERY interested in this match.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Khellendros
laughing out loud
Holy sh*t it is funny looking at who here has replied and how much.

EsteemedLeader 24
stormfront13 24
jinzin 22
long pig 16
Scoobless 13

Man, EstemedLeader is VERY interested in this match.

did you go through and count all those... or is there an easier way to find out?

TwisterGameX
You click the number under replies.

Scoobless
Originally posted by TwisterGameX
You click the number under replies.

sweet... thanks

big grin

EsteemedLeader
What if he puts his arm in front of his eyes?

TwisterGameX
is this match jinzin vs storm or you guys vs other guys...

EsteemedLeader
I'm not so sure any more.erm

jinzin
actually they feed on phenylethylamine.... lol (so it was stated in "Venom: The Hunger" anyway.... well i think it was that story)

"Phenylethylamine releases dopamine in the mesolimbic pleasure-centres; it peaks during orgasm"

so basically.... the symbiote feeds on pleasure..... big grin

lol

laughing out loud

ACTUALLY it feeds on several different factors.. we've covered two of the three.. the third is an ingredient in chocolate...

jinzin
k... lets get a few things straight here.... I didn't say I was going to retreat the symbiote to get past the shields.. just that I could if I wanted to get in close and end this even quicker than it's already going to end.....

remember my original plan was simply to kill st with a faster than speeding bullet tenril to the throat before she can even react...

a strategy to which he still hasn't put a decent argument against.. that is until he REVERSED FRIGGIN time to put up a shield during prep...hmmm didn't mention that BEFORE... quite strange indeed.... doesn't matter.. symbiote goes under ground and comes out the other side.... still killing shriek with relative ease......

now there's something beautiful about this environment.... if shriek's sheilds are for some reason under ground too... which I would find hard to believe What the f**k? (especially since st didn't effectively counter that strategy before).... than I simply do this..... I use my hyper reflexes and agility to dodge whatever shriek is throwing my way... when I pass by a steel rod on the brige.. I make a high cut.... I circle around back and make a low cut... then I web the team and launch it PAST shriek while it sets up a minor distraction, still attached to the webbing, i web up and around the outer shield itself... the beam acts as a weight to then pull shriek off the bridge and into the water below....

now ST can do one of two things from here... either.. he makes shreik drop the shield and I take my pot shots coming in for the kill.... or he can keep the shields up and run out of oxygen...

thanks to my symbiote I can survive indefinitely under water, if I need to go below... can shriek? I doubt it...

in any scenario we play here. shriek dies a rather quick and humiliating death.. too bad...

jinzin
anyways.. here's to clear a few things up... people aren't quite listening to me... when brock was alive the symbiote was still bonded to him... it still lingered TO HIM....even AFTER it evolved past the strict need of a host... but since my words can only do so much.. here look for yourself and see...

jinzin

jinzin
there it chooses brock even though the girl is the stronger more able of the two... at this point brock is nearly dead from cancer.. the girl is healthy and fit, AND perfectly designed (mentally) for the symbiote.. funny how it chose it's host.. the one it was BONDED with.. same thing with tbk... the symbiote has the ability.. but that doesn't necessarily mean it's not bonded with him...

and since we're questioning venom's ability to deal with light.. well... lets look at his quick fight with sunstreak.. a girl who is hitting him with pure light, and solar heat at the same time.. and what happens to her you ask?

jinzin
and here she's trying to do venom in with a solar light bubble... pure light, and solar heat... and what happens?....

jinzin
and who ends up unconcious?

was venom incpapacitated by the heat? NO!

was he blinded by an attack made up of pure light? NO!

well, that settles that..

jinzin
now.. there seems to also be some confusion on venom's durability on stormfronts behalf.... (as if he would live long enough to hit me with anything much less kill me roll eyes (sarcastic) ).....

well here goes venom talking to a kid who's blasting him with microvawe radiation.. venom carries on an entire conversation with the kid, while simply standing there and conciously taking the blast... (lol.. maybe this is what gave brock cancer...)

jinzin

jinzin
here's how a confused and surprised venom deals with a sonic blast...

jinzin
how about sound you ask? well certainly.. venom can't take load noises right?

wrong....

jinzin
dead wrong...

jinzin
as far as current venom's resistance to his supposed weaknesses... well.... I emplore you... read the label on that truck...

jinzin
notice: it hitting venom and exploding...

jinzin
notice venoms reaction: unphased.. and chucking an armored truck at spiderman...

jinzin
and where you get this idea that TBK can't take lazers period? pshhhyeah riiiiiiight... wink

or not...

jinzin
notice: this is a battle worn venom... AFTER he's just fought of nearly the entirety of the rest of these mace warriors' regiment...

jinzin
and finally... if it does come down to me having to go through that little shield of yours..... (which it most certainly won't since you'll be dead before we even get started around here...)

it won't hold... again, I have both adamntium and energy claws.... if I wanna get through that stupid shield, I'm getting through.... with my healing factor.. you're in the position to do nothing but scream... and die..

jinzin

jinzin
whew... now that all that's settled... notice: venom in nearly every one of those pics is taking those blasts of his own free will.. he's making a concious desicion to do it.. AND he's doing it with only a human host.. AND he's holding his own to all of his supposed weaknesses.

now TBK is a mutant host.. an enhanced mutant host... an enhanced mutant host sporting a healing factor... he can take much more damage.. but because he's under my control I'm not about to simply let him let himself get hit... which would be st's only real hope to win this fight..... it will beinteresting to see how he's going to avoid getting drowned here though...

wolverine8888
are u talking about venom with sabertooth in him?

stormfront13
that little rail trick won't work. my light field will either disenegrate it, or my scream will liquify it. do you honestly think that a sonic gun has more power than siryn? that's laughable, and even that little gun made venom scream, and I have tons more power than that little gun does. and nice try with shriek there, her blasts aren't pure sonic, where as siryns are. you won't be able to get through my shields, how would you? one is made through sonic energy, which both of your main characters ave a weakness to. and mone is made of light energy which has kept the juggernaut out. both of my shields are stronger than that one sabertooth went through, and did you see him after going through that? everyone knows that venom is vulnerable to sonics, and the only reason he was able to get through into this tourney is his weakness to sonics, all i need to do is scream. i have my shields already up when i come into this, so you won't be able to get to me. all i need to do is scream.

stormfront13
also, venom alone seems more durable than cage, and wasn't that the limit?

stormfront13
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y97/stormfront13/exoyikes.jpg

^^also, spider-woman lll has already beaten venom, who was also combined with Dr. octopus and the rhino.

DigiMark007
I don't have time to read all 8 pages (in one day?!) but Venom was toned down to circa Class 15 for the tourney. It can be assumed that the "classic" symbiote can do anything the current one does, but the strength has been limited. The durability, while I won't set any specific limit, it should be assumed that Venom isn't invulnerable...but everyone can decide for themselves how much extra damage the symbiote allows Big Kahuna to take.

Swanky-Tuna
mone is made of light energy which has kept the juggernaut out.
But aren't shields limited to titanium strength or something?

Scoobless
yup

jinzin
that little rail trick won't work. my light field will either disenegrate it,

bullshit....you implied the sonic shields on the outside that's where my whole retreat the symbiote tactic came into play in the first place... this is crap, everytime you see yourself losing you change your original strategy to try and bypass having to actually counter my arguments...bleh... even so.... the webbings insulated.. the webbing didn't bdisintegrate against sun streaks attacks.. (again pure light) what chance do you have? NONE that's what...

or my scream will liquify it.

wait.. I thought you were scraming at me... why don't you make up your mind.. roll eyes (sarcastic) again... go ahead take your attention away from me.. by the time you look back to where I used to be you'll already have adamantium claws digging into your gut... hell I could just rip a nice piece of sheet metal and chuck that at you with another steel rod weight... remember here.. I'm the stealthy one on the battlefield I could easily wall crawl to the underside of the bridge where you can't find me or hurt me or touch me.... and just seep my symbiote upwards through th ground.. then BAM I kill you all over again...

do you honestly think that a sonic gun has more power than siryn?

a sonic gun made specifically to take venom down, while venom's surprised and not even fully covered yet? yeah I'd say spiderman had a better chance using that thing... especially with human torch there to cover him...and we saw how he fared...

and nice try with shriek there, her blasts aren't pure sonic, where as siryns are.

and what the hell exactly do you think sonics are? What the f**k?

sonics are utilized by the vibrations of audible sound waves.......shriek hit him with a constant stream of pure sound..... do the math... roll eyes (sarcastic)

also, shriek's hitting venom in that picture with enough power to level a wherehouse... and this is AFTER venom had escaped a burning building and just fought a decent battle with carnage.....

you won't be able to get through my shields, how would you? one is made through sonic energy, which both of your main characters ave a weakness to. and mone is made of light energy which has kept the juggernaut out.

their called adamantium claws, symbiote that breaks down at a near molecular leve, energy claws, and HEY MY UNDERGROUND attack that you keep DECIDING to ignore... eek! pfffft.. honestly I have my choice of how I want to end this... this is of course ALL ASSUMING you survive the first 5 seconds of the fight... again.. you won't.... your original strategy said nothing of raising your forcefields during prep... you're simply going to die outright...

and give it up about the juggernaught thing.... juggernaught DOES NOT break down at a near molecular level to literally seep through solid surfaces (e.i. tv screens) and juggernaught doesn't PIERCE things he hits them... for instance.. juggernaught does not break hulk's skin.. wolverine with adamantium claws does... sabretooth with adamantium claws and a venom symbiote does even more...plus going by your precious rules your shields are only as strong as titanium... pffft.. too bad my character can rend through titanium doors with his fists alone.... too bad he can slice through it like a hot knife through butter as well.... funny how you only want to use the rules when you think they're in your favor..... face me however you wish.. you still die horribly here...

both of my shields are stronger than that one sabertooth went through, and did you see him after going through that?

dude.. sabretooth BY himself is quite a bit stronger than he was when he went through that shield... also he's got a venom symbiote now...

if a worn down, captive sabretooth could penetrate a shield that can stop a full grown raging elephant... imagine what TBK would do...

everyone knows that venom is vulnerable to sonics, and the only reason he was able to get through into this tourney is his weakness to sonics, all i need to do is scream. i have my shields already up when i come into this, so you won't be able to get to me. all i need to do is scream.

not as vulnerable as you want him to be, that's for damned sure.... you need to kill me before I get to you or you're done for... I've shown multiple times now why that simply isn't going to happen.. have a nice day smile

EsteemedLeader
remember here.. I'm the stealthy one on the battlefield I could easily wall crawl to the underside of the bridge where you can't find me or hurt me or touch me.... and just seep my symbiote upwards through th ground.. then BAM I kill you all over again...

yes

TBK is FAR more maneuverable than your character. If he goes under, I can't see how Skreik would do anything to him.

If she follows him under, she'll have to abandon her forcefield, leaving her wide open...

long pig
yes

TBK is FAR more maneuverable than your character. If he goes under, I can't see how Skreik would do anything to him.

If she follows him under, she'll have to abandon her forcefield, leaving her wide open...
Why would she have to abandon her FF?

EsteemedLeader
Why would she have to abandon her FF?

Does it come with her?huh

How could she maintain them both while crawling under the bridge?

TwisterGameX
Whats the votes so far if any ?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>