What Class is Cage in?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

armandovalles
Alright, once and for all, what god-damn class of strength is Cage in. Cuz from some people i hear he's Class 5, some people say Class 10, and then some say Class 25. I, personally, believe he's more like Class 50 or probly even higher. I mean, his punches actually hurt the Wrecker, who is above Thor in strength. Also, he knocked out Hyde in one shot! HYDE IS A CLASS 75 MONSTER! So once and for all, what Class of strength is Luke "Power Man" Cage CURRENTLY in?

wolverine8888
he level 4 strength which is same class as wolverine and spiderman. but he the top of that class in strength

Adam Warlock
Originally posted by armandovalles
Alright, once and for all, what god-damn class of strength is Cage in. Cuz from some people i hear he's Class 5, some people say Class 10, and then some say Class 25. I, personally, believe he's more like Class 50 or probly even higher. I mean, his punches actually hurt the Wrecker, who is above Thor in strength. Also, he knocked out Hyde in one shot! HYDE IS A CLASS 75 MONSTER! So once and for all, what Class of strength is Luke "Power Man" Cage in?

He's at least class 25. He knocked out Hyde with the door. Then he gave Wrecker the final hit with the crowbar before Spidey wrapped him up in webbing. Class 25 to Class 50 maybe? Somewhere between there.

DrDoom101
http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/3520/marvelchart5dn.gif

wolverine8888
he 20-25ton he in level 4 strength class means he can not be any stronger then 25 tons but he has steel like skin which would make his punches hurt a lot more

Piedmon
From that chart, I'd say Cage is a class 5 (somewhere in the realm of 26-50 tons). What he did to the Wrecker was more of a suckerpunch, and if Hyde has trouble with Daredevil then I can hardly believe he's that strong.

Swanky-Tuna
That durability scale is weird. It goes from superhuman to indestructable.

wolverine8888
I alreayd told u he a class 4

Sparkz
According to feats he is pretty damn high, according to stats he can lift 3 tons

The Ion
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
That durability scale is weird. It goes from superhuman to indestructable. Not as weird as the speed chart which has no area between orbital velocity and the speed of light. huh

wolverine8888
no according to the stats he lift 25 tons

Whirlysplatt
I used to think Cage was in the remedial class, now I just think he is special - His not very strong, he used to have trouble with people who's heads had been grafted on to Silverback Gorilla bodies.

HigH ScholaR
before he copld only lift 3 tons know he can lift 30 tons

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by HigH ScholaR
before he copld only lift 3 tons know he can lift 30 tons

when and how did he get upgraded? Do you have the issue as I would like to buy it from my local comic shop. I always loved Power man Iron Fist as a kid.

HigH ScholaR
i read it in marvel official handbook guide on marvel knights

HigH ScholaR
so/and from there it will probably show the issue of when this happened in the glossary so i'll check right now

Whirlysplatt
i read it in marvel official handbook guide on marvel knights

ok, I will find out

DigiMark007
Moving...not a battle. Might've gone well in the comic book questions thread over in the other forum, but sometimes that thread doesn't get many hits.

HigH ScholaR
NO SORRY IT'S APROX 25 TONS THAT IS WHAT THE BOOK SAYS HAVE IT IN MY HAND

Whirlysplatt
so/and from there it will probably show the issue of when this happened in the glossary so i'll check right now

thanks mate

HigH ScholaR
Ok ok

i'll post what it says tommorow

now if i can't find it that means it was either a recton he originally was 3 tons he's now 25 if it for some reason is not in this book then i must've read it in the english CE's somewhere but i doubt that so i'll read it carefully ok

Whirlysplatt
Ok ok

i'll post what it says tommorow

now if i can't find it that means it was either a recton he originally was 3 tons he's now 25 if it for some reason is not in this book then i must've read it in the english CE's somewhere but i doubt that so i'll read it carefully ok

thanks mate

snoopdogg
I just checked my handbook and it says he can lift 25 tons. He also has a level 4 in strength.

So hes borderline level 5 then.

olympian
In Heroes for Hire he knocked out Ironclad i think.

Cage strenght level its all over the place.

manjaro
cage has always been respectably strong but just slightly below spiderman. the highest in class4 is 25 tons but that doesnt mean that everyone is 25 tons...cage is still in the spiderman range, i put him at 10 tons the most.

cage is one of those guys with a solid origin story..he's not magic and he's not a mutant therefore there is no room for any unexplained upgrades. and to my knowledge he's never recived an upgrade, simply cuz he doesnt need one, this dude is bad ass thru and thru.

and as weird as it may sound when you already have super strentgh how much you can lift doesnt really correlate with how hard you can hit. case in point ultimate cap beating the shit outta giant man, and starting the battle by running thru a second floor window and jump kicking him in the chin, and making him go ummpph! and wildcat who is only above athlete himself, punching thru walls all the time. whether out of anger or one of his pucnhes missing his opponent.

so cage clobbering hyde and the wrecker is nothing out of the ordinary as far as im concerned. heck, even in the avengers circa '98 the wrecking crew ended up in another dimension and took it over and cap, and vision scored the most its off all of them, and knocked them around

K3VIL
Alright, once and for all, what god-damn class of strength is Cage in. Cuz from some people i hear he's Class 5, some people say Class 10, and then some say Class 25. I, personally, believe he's more like Class 50 or probly even higher. I mean, his punches actually hurt the Wrecker, who is above Thor in strength. Also, he knocked out Hyde in one shot! HYDE IS A CLASS 75 MONSTER! So once and for all, what Class of strength is Luke "Power Man" Cage CURRENTLY in?
Wrecker is Class 50 Tons.
Hyde is Class 50 tons too.
Originally posted by wolverine8888
he level 4 strength which is same class as wolverine and spiderman. but he the top of that class in strength
Level 4, poor, jerking off master, means:
From 800 lbs to 25 tons.
Logan is 800 lbs.Peak Human.
Cage most famous physical attribute is his durability, which grant him to keep charging in a battle without caring for damage to his body.
His newfound strenght, maybe just a power up his body obtained after years, a sort of secondary mutation after the treatment which transformed him.
Considering Hyde has twice of his strenght, but Cage mostly don't hold back in a battle, especially a fight for life of those who cares like that in the RAFT evasion, it's believable an enraged Cage can smack down Hyde, who's not Hulk or Juggernaut.

Originally posted by manjaro
cage has always been respectably strong but just slightly below spiderman. the highest in class4 is 25 tons but that doesnt mean that everyone is 25 tons...cage is still in the spiderman range, i put him at 10 tons the most.

cage is one of those guys with a solid origin story..he's not magic and he's not a mutant therefore there is no room for any unexplained upgrades. and to my knowledge he's never recived an upgrade, simply cuz he doesnt need one, this dude is bad ass thru and thru.

and as weird as it may sound when you already have super strentgh how much you can lift doesnt really correlate with how hard you can hit. case in point ultimate cap beating the shit outta giant man, and starting the battle by running thru a second floor window and jump kicking him in the chin, and making him go ummpph! and wildcat who is only above athlete himself, punching thru walls all the time. whether out of anger or one of his pucnhes missing his opponent.

so cage clobbering hyde and the wrecker is nothing out of the ordinary as far as im concerned. heck, even in the avengers circa '98 the wrecking crew ended up in another dimension and took it over and cap, and vision scored the most its off all of them, and knocked them around
Cage must be around the 25 tons level, cause first off, Vision at full density can lift over 200 tons, so having him smacking down the Wreckin Crew, is believable.
Against strong guys like them, Cap usually and often flip, kick and escape, to avoid tasting the dust of the floor after one of their punches.
Red Skull with an exoskeleton beat the crap outta Captain America in a story during Avengers Disassemble.Cap in a close and personal fight with a superstrong member of Wreckin Crew stand no chance.
Ultimate Cap is around Class 2tons of strenght, anyway superhuman, master fighter, planner, tactician, bastard, and shows no mercy.
Ultimate GM is a scientist with frustration, who has NO FIGHTING SKILLS, he just grow in size and punch, uhhh what a great tactic.
UC beating him was believable, looking at how GM act in a fight.

manjaro
as you said the thing that makes the difference is his durabilty, cuz not many, if any guys in class4 has bullet proof skin, thats why he can go all out like that, cuz his skin is not gonna break. well if he's class 25 that means he must be stronger than spiderman now then, and that i refuse to believe

yahman

Above Thor in strength ????????

Hyde a class 75 monster ?

Luke Cage = Level 5 / E.g. the average God / Rogue, Emma Frost in Diamond form

I.E. < Alot stronger than spiderman, but no where near as strong as the Thing/Colossus.

If you want to know more go to yahman 's Strength Level sytsem @ better than marvel .com

olympian
Yahman, average god with level 5?

I could swear it was alot more.

ScarletSpider
Cage is like school on Sunday, he ain't got no class!

ScarletSpider
In the Marvel Knights 2005 Handbook, it listed Cage as being able to press 25 tons.

The Heroes for Hire series grossly misrepresented Cage, putting him in a higher strength level than he should be, in my opinion, and Cage often said things like "I have diamond hard skin", whereas every writer before or since has stated it as being steel hard, quite a difference.

Although, I'm not one to always go by the handbooks. The Marvel Knights 2005 Handbook on the number rating scale put Punisher and Nick Fury above Daredevil and Shang Chi in regards to fighting. It also put Moon Knight's fighting abilities at a 4, whereas I think it should be higher--but that's a different discussion for another day.

32Cage
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat
when and how did he get upgraded? Do you have the issue as I would like to buy it from my local comic shop. I always loved Power man Iron Fist as a kid.

32Cage
Cage has undergone the powerman process several times, the last being in issue #5 of the Cage series in 1992. From there his power has increased. As you may recall, he originally only weighed 300 pounds. Now he is 425. He has since then held his own with the likes of Wonderman, the Rhino, Orka, the Thing and Ironclad. Although the handbook now lists him as lifting approximately 25 tons, he has demonstrated capabilities more in the 40-50 ton range.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.