The two world destroyers, Galactus versus Exitar

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth_Erebus
Galactus is at the very peak of his powers. Exitar may not have help from other Celestials. Possible scenarios?

Whirlysplatt
Galactus

Spawnrules
yeah galactus

KillAll
galactus?? yea right...

hoorayforpeepee
very peak is a confusing thing with galactus. do you mean full potential (the sum of the previous universe) galactus? because i've read that celestials are also the survivors of the previous universe. though i can't confirm this, i've read it a number of places.

in any case, celestials are at least well above the levels galactus has displayed so far.

8bitChris
In Earth X universe Galactus kept the Celestials in check. It turned out that planets were there eggs and Galactus ate them to control the population and keep the Celestials from overruning the universe.

What does that have to do with this thread? Not much.

KillAll
Originally posted by 8bitChris
In Earth X universe

Originally posted by 8bitChris
What does that have to do with this thread? Not much.

wow... you get right down to business... you completely nullified your own arguement in the same post... not many accomplish that much

kgkg
Originally posted by hoorayforpeepee
very peak is a confusing thing with galactus. do you mean full potential (the sum of the previous universe) galactus? because i've read that celestials are also the survivors of the previous universe. though i can't confirm this, i've read it a number of places.

in any case, celestials are at least well above the levels galactus has displayed so far.
celestials are formed from black Galaxies.

There are also theory (my marvel not fanboys) that like Galactus the celestial were all created just like Galactus but are at higher stage.

ie Once Galactus is finish with out universe , he would become a Celestial

So who wins

hard to tell , I whould put my money on Big G

LGodamus
Exitar

kgkg
here smile

hoorayforpeepee
MORE!

8bitChris
Originally posted by KillAll
wow... you get right down to business... you completely nullified your own arguement in the same post... not many accomplish that much

I am one of the board's hidden treasures. laughing

kgkg
Originally posted by hoorayforpeepee
MORE! k

For those thinking Cubes would give celestial a good battle think again

These fools were shitin their pants. ( mm would be there best bet)

kgkg
Connection to Galactus

LGodamus
yep galactus is a baby celestial.....
so baby vs grownman = not good for Galactus

Wynndar
That is a theory of Kubik's. Celestials were created by Eternity. Galactus has been considered an equal to Eternity in the past. The Celestials weren't even succesful in defeating the Watchers. Invisible Woman was able to "defeat" Exitar...but she was unsuccesful in defeating Galactus even after blowing a hole through his chest. Galactus' technology is capable of ending existence....yet when the dreaming Celestial attempted to destroy the univerese, he had to try and use Galactus to do it.

My opinion is for Galactus.

hoorayforpeepee
celestials created by eternity? where'd you get that from?

galactus has technology to destroy a universe?

sue defeating exitar? he allowed that to happen, much like with thor. a cosmic cube spoke of the celestials like they would shit on galactus.

Wynndar
Hmm...kubik didnt mention Galactus in what I saw right there. Another comic book with kubik...depicted the Celestials as the children of Eternity. However, Galactus has been portrayed as one of the three most fundamental beings in the universe. Exitar allowed IW to defeat him? It was in the middle of the Celestial/Watcher war and Exitar was defending himself from her...I dont think he allowed her to do anything unless it was explicitely stated later on.

hoorayforpeepee
that's just how the celestials operate. read what kubik is saying to kosmos.

Wynndar
Errr...I realize what Kubik is talking about. However, u should read F4#400. Exitar and the Celestials were attempting to wipe out the race of Watchers in a war and Invisible Woman stopped them. She shattered the Armor of the planet sized Exitar, walked inside his head, and destroyed his "brain".

KillAll
isnt that celestial/watcher battle in an alternate reality? i didnt think they had any on panel battles in the 616 universe... i could be wrong i suppose. and the reason the watchers can even attempt to battle the celestials is because they outnumber them heavily?

also, marvel has stated that galactus is ON PAR with a watcher and the enigmatic stranger in terms of raw power. the same news letter also put the celstials above them all... food for thought wink

Wynndar
No...it was 616...read F4 #400

True about Galactus being compared to the stranger. But he has more consistently been considered one of the three most fundamental characters in the 616 universe along with Eternity and Death.

KillAll
Originally posted by Wynndar
No...it was 616...read F4 #400

True about Galactus being compared to the stranger. But he has more consistently been considered one of the three most fundamental characters in the 616 universe along with Eternity and Death.

galactus once asked death if "it" was there to take him away... to which it replied it wasnt his time. does that sound like galactus is "its" equal?? in the infinity gauntlet saga, eternity said that LT was the only one he considered his peer... and isnt "considered" something along the lines of speculation? doesnt hold any more water than the theories that you claim the celestials are eternity will manifested physically... pure speculation.

Wynndar
Thats not my theory. I just said that I've seen the celestials depicted as the creation of Eternity. I'm sure kgkg or cosmic cube can come up with better evidence than my memory. I dont have any alterior motive man....Im just repeating what I've seen.

Maestro
This is the eternity theory.

Maestro
I personally believe that exitar being defeated by IW was PIS to be honest, exitar could of beaten her easily, but otherwise the comic would longer be fantastic four, but fantastic three.
Also if you read the infinity gauntlet, you'll see Galactus in awe as Thanos destroys two celestials with ease, portraying that celestials are indeed very powerful if hes in awe of such a feat. Personally I would give it to exitar, he once changed a whole planet into paradise and made everyone bad on that planet to disappear with a blink, thats a pretty high feat if you ask me.

radioboy121
In the comic, Eternals 18 (I think that's the right number), the Deviants were able to destroy a single Celestial with their tech. by turning one into pure energy. On the other spectrum, the forces of Earth heroes, Shi'ar, Kree, etc. had to turn to Galactus' own machinations to do the same and had to separate his energy to prevent him from reforming.

The thing about that "616 continuum" battle is I believe it was noted that it took Exitar thousands of years to accumulate enough power to destroy the "One" Watcher (who was a supposedly accelerating the end of the universe). Give Galactus that same sceanario and I think he would have no trouble just absorbing him (I'm not sure if that's a valid power comparison though).

I'm not sure what you mean. I remember a FF comic whereby after Galactus began having doubts of taking worlds with sentient life that he was approached by Death, who told him that it wasn't his time to be taken away by her. As to them being equal, in that same scenario, they refer to each other as siblings (I think Galactus said, "my mother, sister, daughter" all together). In a Silver Surfer comic, Galactus is approached by Eternity and they acknowledge each other with respect.

Galactus: "All hail Eternity"
Eternity "Hail might Galactus"
(someting like that)

During their conversation in that comic, Eternity refers to the Celestials as his agents.

In the Infinity Gauntlet, Galactus never makes a comment about the Celestials' battle with Thanos. Thanos does, however, destroy a Celestial in I believe in Infinity Abyss where Galactus comments about it.

kgkg
Originally posted by KillAll
galactus once asked death if "it" was there to take him away... to which it replied it wasnt his time. does that sound like galactus is "its" equal?? in the infinity gauntlet saga, eternity said that LT was the only one he considered his peer... and isnt "considered" something along the lines of speculation? doesnt hold any more water than the theories that you claim the celestials are eternity will manifested physically... pure speculation.
If Galactus dies the concept of death itself will be gone from the Universe.

The living tribunal said something like this

Eternity, Death, Galactus operates as a middle man keeping the balancing of Life and death

Chaos , Order , In-betweener keeps the balance of Order and Chaos

leonidas
galactis may hold a more important place in the order of things, that doens't mean he is necessarily more powerful. feat wise, the celestials blow galactus away. based on what they've done (not what's been said and surmised about them) exitar would win this battle, and unless g was at FULL power, i'd see him winning rather easily.

Darth_Erebus
Originally posted by leonidas
. feat wise, the celestials blow galactus away. .

Really? How so? In his battle with Tyrant, Galactus destroyed several galaxies. I'm not saying Exitar isn't capable of that, but what has he done to exceed it?

Wynndar
Finally! People got my back!

The Dark Cloud
Galactus

Slaanesh
Exitar

Uxas Khan
Galactus in a curbstomp,Celestials are vastly overated.

Equity/Void
the only beings equal or more powerful than galactus are eternity, infinity,death,oblivion and the living tribunal

Eternity was an abstract, relatively omnipotent entity representing all life in the universe. The entity was part of a small cosmic pantheon that represented the three essential forces in the universe, being equity, necessity and vengeance.

In the Earth-616 universe these beings are:

Equity - Galactus
Necessity - Eternity / Infinity
Vengeance - Death / Oblivion
Eternity and Infinity were in effect twin concepts, as they represent all time (Eternity) and space (Infinity) in the universe respectively. Eternity and the other cosmic beings were only surpassed by the Living Tribunal, the being that governed the multi-verse

Peterlane
Exitar wins and it looks like The Celestials being eternities creations have been retconned

stan5677
Originally posted by Maestro
I personally believe that exitar being defeated by IW was PIS to be honest, exitar could of beaten her easily, but otherwise the comic would longer be fantastic four, but fantastic three.
Also if you read the infinity gauntlet, you'll see Galactus in awe as Thanos destroys two celestials with ease, portraying that celestials are indeed very powerful if hes in awe of such a feat. Personally I would give it to exitar, he once changed a whole planet into paradise and made everyone bad on that planet to disappear with a blink, thats a pretty high feat if you ask me.

You sure it was Infinity Gauntlet I remember that from Marvel: The End

Tattoos N Scars
I'd say Exitar. Regular powered Thanos has even stood his ground against Galactus. I don't see Thanos doing that with a Celestial.

guy222
Like with all threads regarding Galactus and Celestials. Its ur own choice who wins or loses

For me, Exitar wins

For my Galactus friends, G wins

That's cool

IMO, the scan shown is vague. Better scan is in the Heroes Reborn tale when Ashema takes the world in her and the Celestials come and Eternity is at the end

Celestials come and gather

http://h.imagehost.org/t/0090/Heroes_Reborn_the_return_04_27.jpg

http://h.imagehost.org/t/0392/Heroes_Reborn_the_return_04_28.jpg

Celestials and Eternity connection

http://h.imagehost.org/t/0793/Heroes_Reborn_the_return_04_29.jpg

Appears to be a retcon as the Brothers who wrote the latest Eternals have the Fulcrum in connection with the Celestials and Watchers

Bouboumaster
I say Galactus.

guy222
thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.