Bishop Vs Cyclops

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TwisterGameX
Indeed

hoorayforpeepee
bishop=walking PIS

peejayd
* Cyke wins this one... one powerful force blast will KO Bishop before he can retaliate...

Wynndar
Bishop can absorb anything Cyke throws at him. Then he just beats Cykes @ss with his bare hands.

peejayd
* negative, dude. Cyke's blasts are concussive force, Bishop would be blown away from the impact, even before he got time to retaliate...

* bare hands? Cyke is good in hand-to-hand combat...

spiderboy5
Originally posted by Wynndar
Bishop can absorb anything Cyke throws at him. Then he just beats Cykes @ss with his bare hands. i have a feeling u just dislike cyclops..... smile

Piedmon
Bishop took a shot from Onslaught that would have otherwise killed the entire team. He can absorb anything Cyclops dishes out.

And although this is so gay I shudder to mention it, he apparently had training to counter the strengths of all this century's X-Men :rolleyez:

Wynndar
Yep...And one blast from Bishop will take Cykes head off. Bishop can absorb cuncussive force. And Cyke cant outfight Bishop. Im not anti-Cyclops but this is one sided pro-cyclops propaganda...he has no chance against Bishop...Bishop is the perfect Cyclops killing mutant.

peejayd
Originally posted by Piedmon
Bishop took a shot from Onslaught that would have otherwise killed the entire team. He can absorb anything Cyclops dishes out.

And although this is so gay I shudder to mention it, he apparently had training to counter the strengths of all this century's X-Men :rolleyez:

* care to post a proof? a concussive force that can punch a hole through a mountain... can be absorbed by Bishop? hmm...

Wynndar
Piedmon just mentioned that he absorbed an attack by ONslaught. I've also seen IW bombard him with her forcefield and then Bishop rechannelled the energy and hit Onslaught so hard that he turned back into Xavier. It was the same issue Onslaught kidnapped Franklin.

wolverine8888
wynndar right. if cuclopes hit bishop he would just take the energy in the same way he took storm's lightning

peejayd
* oh? and let me ask this: Bishop could never beat Logan then? if Logan wins, do i hear another Cyclops-hater?

Warmonger
Originally posted by peejayd
* oh? and let me ask this: Bishop could never beat Logan then? if Logan wins, do i hear another Cyclops-hater?

Bishop 10/10

Wheter or not he can beat Wolverine has nothing to do with wheter or not he could beat Cyclops. Wolverine's main offesnse is an edged weapon. Bishop's power is and has always been to absorb energy, concussive, elctrical whatever. You could not find a more perfect mutatn to kill cyclops.

Bishop is immune to Cyclops power as well as his fists. Cyclops has no such immunity and gets slaughtered by Bishop.

Pointinel
cyclops wins this

the hell you talkin about?

cherry cola
cyclops is no fool and knowing that his mutant powers won't work against bishop he just uses the environment around him to beat him. Cyclops is agraet strategest and will use that agianst bishop (i.e. knocking a ton a rubble on him)

Warmonger
Originally posted by cherry cola
cyclops is no fool and knowing that his mutant powers won't work against bishop he just uses the environment around him to beat him. Cyclops is agraet strategest and will use that agianst bishop (i.e. knocking a ton a rubble on him)

A) Bishop uses his own energy blast in an area wide blast to blow the Rubble away.

B) Bishop simply abosrbs the force of the rubble striking him and if he gets buried simply blows it off of him.

Pointinel
^LOL

bishop cant do #2, step ya game up

Warmonger
Originally posted by Pointinel
^LOL

bishop cant do #2, step ya game up

Why not? Bishop once abosrbed the kinetic force of a car coming at him full speed without flinching. Its hardly a stretch to see him absorbing the force of some rocks raining down on him. If he can absorb the force of the Invisible Woman's force Blast why can't he abosrb the force of the avalanche?

TheKahn
Originally posted by Piedmon

Damn!

TheKahn
Someone should start a respect Bishop thread

superman302
cyclops is going down expecially is bishop is carrying is weapons with him

brainchild81
How much blasting power does Bishop have before he absorbs anything?

Metalmanx
Bishop wins 9/10.

That one time is when Cyke outsmarts Bishop.

brainchild81
That's what I'm starting to think. There's really not too much Scott can do. sad

Mainstream
Originally posted by brainchild81
That's what I'm starting to think. There's really not too much Scott can do. sad

he can beg for mercy!!!!!mafia2

brainchild81
He's not the type to do that.

Draco69
Rogue once used an optic blast on Bishop. He got overloaded and was thrown back by the concussive momentum of the blast...

Dayven
It would be a bit of a intresting fight, as Cyc would know that Bishop could eaisly absorb his rays. So he likily would try to use the surroundings to his advantage. However, Bishop isn't any amanture either, as Bishop has a lot in his arsenal then just absorbing whatever he threw at him. Where he could eaisly use guns, grenades and other objects to knock Cyclops around. This battle really comes down to how many weapons Bishop brings in and the setting.
Since they are both pretty even in tatics, it would just come down to who has the most guns wink

StyleTime
Cyclops wins this. Everyone keeps assuming Cyclops is going to blast him. Cyclops will fight him hand to hand and win. Gambit has already fought Bishop. Gambit threw a card that wasn't actually charged and Bishop tried to absorbed it but failed. Gambit then engaged Bishop in hand to hand combat and beat the **** out of Bishop. If Gambit can come up with a plan like that, there is no doubt that Cyclops could as well. Gambit has much better agility and reflexes than Cyclops, but I think Cyclops would still beat Bishop hand to hand.

I am not downplaying Bishop but he wouldn't beat Cyclops. Cyclops wins 8/10.

TheKahn
H2H???

Bishop has a gun. He just shoots Cyke in the knee cap and fight is over. Cyke just doesn't have the firepower to hurt Bishop.

StyleTime
Cyclops has more than enough accuracy to shoot the gun away from Bishop. Cyclops has blasted potato chips and quarters. He'd hit a gun.

armandovalles
If Cyke goes all out and takes his visor off and blasts him full power then Bishop is dead. If he keeps his visor on and fights like he normally does Bishops just gonna absorb the energy and send it all back at him, which would knock Cyke out since he doesnt have superhuman durability.

If Cyke takes off his visor, Cyke wins 10/10.

If Cyke doesnt take off his visor, Bishop wins 6/10.

xmarksthespot
Bishop's power is to absorb energy...

Metalmanx
Actually, I'm changing my vote to Bishop 7/10.

After giving it more thought, I realize that Cyke is far better than I was giving him credit for. He could easily pull a couple victories from this fight.

Warmonger
Yes I suppose 10/10 is toomuch but I'm sorry Bishop still takes the vast Majority.

Cyclops visor or no visor can't hurt Bishop with his optic Blast, The man's power is tailor made to absorb Cyclop's powers.

Hand to hand Combat is abit closer but I can't see either with a definite edge but Bishop won't be hurt by Cyclops kicks and punchs partly because he simply absorbs the force and partly because he is wearing body armor.

Also Bishop is packing quite a bit of fire power which cyclops is not immune to. I have yet to even hear a decent argument for Cyclops winning.

peejayd
* Bishop can now absorb a blast that could punch a hole through a mountain... very funny... Cyke wins 10/10

TheKahn
* Bishop can now absorb a blast that could punch a hole through a mountain... very funny... Cyke wins 10/10

Guy took a shot from Onslaught. See the pic I posted on page 1.
I don't think Cyke would be too much for him to take.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Bishop's power is to absorb energy... Cyclops optic blasts are pure concussive force...

I'm trying to recall if I've ever actually seen Bishop absorb one of Cyclops blasts. So until someone shows me he can I'll reserve my opinion on that.

If Bishop has his future weapons then it's a matter of a quickdraw.

Draco69
He CAN to an extent. When Rogue hit with an optic blast he got thrown through a building.

xmarksthespot
Hmm I'd figure he can absorb the kinetic energy generated as the optic blast impacts rather than the blast itself, but I don't know if he could absorb it as fast as it's generated. He can stop a bullet by absorbing the kinetic energy - he can't absorb the bullet. In this case it's not a bullet it's just pure force, much larger in size and magnitude that travels much faster than a bullet. That would explain why the optic blast threw him through a building.

Warmonger

When has Cyke's blast ever destroyed a mountain?

In his first run in with the X-Men Bishop abosrbed Cyclops blast and shot him. Its what he does.

peejayd
* there's no need for Cyke to destroy a mountain as proof for you, dude... it just tells you how powerful Cyke's blasts are...

* and with that kind of premise, no Bishop can withstand a blast like that, maybe Hulk... but Bishop ain't Hulk, you know...

Warmonger
* there's no need for Cyke to destroy a mountain as proof for you, dude... it just tells you how powerful Cyke's blasts are...

* and with that kind of premise, no Bishop can withstand a blast like that, maybe Hulk... but Bishop ain't Hulk, you know...

He never destroyed a mountain or did anything resebling such then how do come up with that?

The only time Cyclops has mentionedanything like that was after he had been sunbathing for the btter part of a day essentially absorbing more power and I can't remeber who showed up, but Cyclops said somethingalong the lines of "right now I can punch a hole through a mountain".

That isn't proof of anything, it just means he feltreally powerful at the moment.

Bishop doesn't withstand Cyclop's blast because he is really tough. He absorbs it because it is his mutatn ability to absorb energy, including kinetic. Just like Sabastian Shaw. He was getting so powerful that he no longer needed to abosrb a beam or explosion but could power himelsf by aborbing the energy realsed by the moving around.

Also Onslaught's blast were knocking around powerful people like Iron Man and Thor but as you saw Bishop was able to abosrb that energy, so unless Cyclops is suddenly more powerful than Onslaught then Bishop absrob's his blast.

leonheartmm
did bishop really absrob a blast from onslaught? that must be insane writin.

Wynndar
Originally posted by Warmonger
He never destroyed a mountain or did anything resebling such then how do come up with that?

The only time Cyclops has mentionedanything like that was after he had been sunbathing for the btter part of a day essentially absorbing more power and I can't remeber who showed up, but Cyclops said somethingalong the lines of "right now I can punch a hole through a mountain".

That isn't proof of anything, it just means he feltreally powerful at the moment.

Bishop doesn't withstand Cyclop's blast because he is really tough. He absorbs it because it is his mutatn ability to absorb energy, including kinetic. Just like Sabastian Shaw. He was getting so powerful that he no longer needed to abosrb a beam or explosion but could power himelsf by aborbing the energy realsed by the moving around.

Also Onslaught's blast were knocking around powerful people like Iron Man and Thor but as you saw Bishop was able to abosrb that energy, so unless Cyclops is suddenly more powerful than Onslaught then Bishop absrob's his blast.

Ur exactly right...its just hyperbole

Cyclops can blow a hole in a mountain
Blob is unmovable
Juggernaut is unstoppable
Hulk is the strongest
Storm is a goddess

doesnt really mean anything though

Lord Magnus
I'm not big on Bishop but he could win this fight.

GODSCRIBE

here you ****ing idiot. here is a picture of Bishop absorbing Onslaught's energy.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=5161614

Bishop wins this handily. He is the more skilled combatant, can absorb Scott's blasts, and has technologically advanced weapons.

now a fight I'd like to see again, is Bishop vs. Cable..can't get enough

hoorayforpeepee
bishop=walking PIS

Beyonder
Cyclops 5-6/10.

Cyke opens a wide area attack and Bishop ain't going to absorb it.
Cyke plays smart and blows the ground under Bishop; Bishop can do the same.
Both also have the option of blows things onto the other one. It's an option Cyke has if he doesn't want to go full area blast on Bishop.

peejayd
Originally posted by GODSCRIBE
here you ****ing idiot. here is a picture of Bishop absorbing Onslaught's energy.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=5161614

Bishop wins this handily. He is the more skilled combatant, can absorb Scott's blasts, and has technologically advanced weapons.

now a fight I'd like to see again, is Bishop vs. Cable..can't get enough

* purely insane, dude... and BTW, you got manners?

* LOL just look at the funny wince on Bishop's face when doing so, LOL laughing

* Cyke still wins, dude... see this pic of Cyke blasting the hell of Onslaught, resulting a crack on a reborn Onslaught's armour...

Warmonger
Originally posted by Beyonder
Cyclops 5-6/10.

Cyke opens a wide area attack and Bishop ain't going to absorb it.
Cyke plays smart and blows the ground under Bishop; Bishop can do the same.
Both also have the option of blows things onto the other one. It's an option Cyke has if he doesn't want to go full area blast on Bishop.

Why can't Bishop absorb a wide angle attack?

If he blows something at Bishop Bishop abosrbs it if its energy if its not he draisn the energy out of it and it stops.

Warmonger
* purely insane, dude... and BTW, you got manners?

* LOL just look at the funny wince on Bishop's face when doing so, LOL laughing

* Cyke still wins, dude... see this pic of Cyke blasting the hell of Onslaught, resulting a crack on a reborn Onslaught's armour...

I agree there is no need for abusive language.

I fail to see how this proves that Bishop can't abosrb Cyclops blast. In order to prove that you would have to be able to prove that Onslaught's Blast couldn't punch a hole in his own armor.

xmarksthespot
Force vs Energy. Continuous rapid generation of kinetic energy upon impact as opposed to unitary burst of energy. He isn't constantly absorbing kinetic energy otherwise he wouldn't be able to move around. Rate of absorption slower than rate of generation upon impact considering speed and power of beam.

Warmonger
He absorbs energy Passively. Yes he wouldn't bea ble to move but Cyclops head should shoot off everytime he opens his eyes as well. Thats part of the suspesion.

Also you would have to prove taht Onslaught's blasts don't produce kinetic energy.

spiderman44
as much as a hate mutants that use guns u i personly think bishop is a bich but did u guys kno 1 shot in the head would end cyclops

StyleTime
Cyclops has fought armed opponents opponents before. He can still shoot the gun away.

xmarksthespot
He absorbs energy Passively. Yes he wouldn't bea ble to move but Cyclops head should shoot off everytime he opens his eyes as well. Thats part of the suspesion.

Also you would have to prove taht Onslaught's blasts don't produce kinetic energy.Cyclops blasts don't affect him because his body has a field which shunts the force back to it's extradimensional point of origin.

If I fire bullets at him he has to actively absorb the kinetic energy upon impact to prevent the bullets from piercing him. This is not a bullet however this is a continuous stream of much greater force moving at a much faster rate.

Warmonger
Cyclops blasts don't affect him because his body has a field which shunts the force back to it's extradimensional point of origin.

If I fire bullets at him he has to actively absorb the kinetic energy upon impact to prevent the bullets from piercing him. This is not a bullet however this is a continuous stream of much greater force moving at a much faster rate.

then why does his visor block his beams? If its pure force then it should shoot of of his head whne he opesn his eyes. Instead it filters through teh crystal. So that must mean that it is enough engergy that the crystal cna contain it, yes?

xmarksthespot
The visor is composed of Ruby Quartz, substance synchronous to the resonance of the field. It acts in the same manner. The visor opens to allow the force through.

Warmonger
The visor is composed of Ruby Quartz, substance synchronous to the resonance of the field. It acts in the same manner. The visor opens to allow the force through.

Except that the visor alows him to open his eyes and have it not shot off. That means it is converting the force into some sort of inert energy. Basically the visor is able to absorb Cyclops energy blast because i=of its properties. Bishop's powers are to absorb energy if it hit him he would convert it as well.

Also how could absorbed sunlight convert into pure kinetic force?

Also in relevance to the fight, we saw Onlsaught's Blast knocking around guys like Iron Mand so ti is obvioulsy composed of kinteric energy as well but when he hit bishop he didn't go flying so he can absorb the force jsut fine.

StyleTime
It doesn't convert. Cyclops's eyes actually open dimensional apertures to release a common form of red energy from some other world I believe.

xmarksthespot
Actually I recall it states somehow Ruby Quartz simply acts in the same manner as the field - shunting the force back to it's point of origin.

I'm not arguing that Bishop can't move. I'm saying for the most part his power involves active energy absorption. If I shoot him in the back of the head without him knowing, he would die. Active energy absorption can only be done at a specific rate, a specific magnitude and has limits to it's capacity.

Warmonger
Originally posted by StyleTime
It doesn't convert. Cyclops's eyes actually open portals to another dimension to release a common form of red energy from that world.

Ahh I see.

Still Bishop can abosorb the energy. So if Cyclops keeps pouring it on he cna keep absrobing it, and if he might get over loaded he simply releases it right back at Scott.

Warmonger
Actually I recall it states somehow Ruby Quartz simply acts in the same manner as the field - shunting the force back to it's point of origin.

I'm not arguing that Bishop can't move. I'm saying for the most part his power involves active energy absorption. If I shoot him in the back of the head without him knowing, he would die.

I was under the impression taht Bishop absorbed energy passivley like Sebastian Shaw, I don't collect enough X-Men to know that but I'll have to check it out.

xmarksthespot
I was under the impression taht Bishop absorbed energy passivley like Sebastian Shaw, I don't collect enough X-Men to know that but I'll have to check it out. I'll have to check too. I'd say he has a base passive absorption but I doubt that he simply passively absorbs energy no matter the magnitude, intensity and rate of flow.

Space M ummy
Bishop's powers are definitely passive. I don't have the issue anymore (long story) but there was an incident when Magneto held the Xmen immobile while levitating asteroid M overhead. (I think it was the issue where colossus joined the acolytes.)

Magneto remarked that they were being held immobile, and wouldnt be able to access their abilites to use against him, and bishop remarked "even if those powers are involuntary?" (or something to that effect, implying that his abilities were always active, even if he couldnt conciously control them)

Bishop passively absorbed enough magnetic energy from magneto to break free, even though he was being prevented from conciously accessing his powers. It was in this same issue that the team loaded him up with powers from Cyclops, Storm, and Iceman (?!)

If anyone else has the issue and can post scans, that would be sweet.

peejayd
* IMO, passive or not, Cyke takes the first shot... more strategically, IF Bishop can withstand the force or the impact of Cyke's blasts (that's a big IF), Cyke won't blast Bishop directly, he'll just hit him geometrically, like to the ground (rocks will hit Bishop instead of the blast), to the walls, etc...

* the real score is - is Bishop REALLY be able to withstand Cyke's blasts?

* if not, Cyke wins 9/10! 1/10 of it, is due to Bishop's fighting ability...
* if yes, Bishop wins 6/10... Cyke blasts away Bishop's guns, both got firepower... only Bishop can absorb Cyke's blast and Cyke can't...

TheKahn
* IMO, passive or not, Cyke takes the first shot... more strategically, IF Bishop can withstand the force or the impact of Cyke's blasts (that's a big IF), Cyke won't blast Bishop directly, he'll just hit him geometrically, like to the ground (rocks will hit Bishop instead of the blast), to the walls, etc...

* the real score is - is Bishop REALLY be able to withstand Cyke's blasts?

* if not, Cyke wins 9/10! 1/10 of it, is due to Bishop's fighting ability...
* if yes, Bishop wins 6/10... Cyke blasts away Bishop's guns, both got firepower... only Bishop can absorb Cyke's blast and Cyke can't...

If Bishop can take a shot from Onslaught, why would Cykes optic blast ba a challenge?

peejayd
Originally posted by TheKahn
If Bishop can take a shot from Onslaught, why would Cykes optic blast ba a challenge?

* yes, i've seen the scanned comic... but it makes me think how the hell it happened? as far as i know, Bishop can absorb the energy ONLY and not the impact or the force of the energy thrown...

TheKahn
Bishop is suspose to be able to absorb any form of energy and redirect it. Why does he not just absorb every blow and why does he get knocked down sometimes??? You could argue bad or inconsistance writing or that is power is active in nature.
http://www.mutanthigh.com/bishop.html

peejayd
* yeah, and see this...

Powers: A human battery, Bishop can absorb, store and re-emit any form of energy, usually from his hands. This energy is not limited to the physical, as Bishop has been seen to block telepathy in a similar manner. Trained in the future under harsh conditions, Bishop is also an excellent tracker and tactician, although his methods may be a little extreme for our era.

http://www.mutanthigh.com/bishop.html

* absorb, store and re-emit any form of energy, it does NOT say that Bishop can withstand the impact or force upon absorption... inconsistent writing...

Powers & History: Cyclops' eyes constantly fire red energy beams. At full power these beams can punch through mountains. However, Cyclops cannot control his power, and is forced to always wear a ruby quartz visor, glasses or goggles. He has an uncanny ability to compute trigonometric relations, which allows him to bounce his optic blasts with incredible accuracy. His greatest fear is losing control of his powers and hurting someone he cares for. Cyclops is immune to his brother Havok's power, and vice versa.

http://www.mutanthigh.com/cyclops.html

* Cyke's blasts can punch through mountains... 'nuff said...

TheKahn
When you strike an object and cause it to move (say like the concussive force of Cykes optic blast) you transfer kinetic energy to that object. Kinetic energy is the energy of motion and to move bishop whatever particles that make up Cykes blast would have to impart their kinetic energy to Bishop's body. His powers allow him to absorb that energy.

peejayd
* so Bishop does not have to wince or make his face ugly while absorbing Onslaught's blast 'coz it's his mutant power... the wincing proves Bishop's in pain while in the act of absorption... poor writing indeed, he does not need to be in pain if it includes in his mutant power, it will just flow smoothly...

TheKahn
* so Bishop does not have to wince or make his face ugly while absorbing Onslaught's blast 'coz it's his mutant power... the wincing proves Bishop's in pain while in the act of absorption... poor writing indeed, he does not need to be in pain if it includes in his mutant power, it will just flow smoothly...

Says who??? Just look at the morlocks. There is no rule saying that mutant powers have to be pleasant or easy to use. And many experience physical discomfort or pain when using their abilities to their full extent.

peejayd
* anyways, Cyke will either blast the ground, walls or ceiling to hit Bishop indirectly...

Metalmanx
Actually, I'm kinda agreeing with peejayd here.

Bishop will be able to absorb the energy, but the initial concussive force should still hit him.

I mean, when he gets punched/kicked, he still gets punched/kicked. He gets knocked back and feels the pain. Happened in X-treme X-men a few times. He did absorb the energy, but he did get hit nonetheless.

Now, Cyke's blast will indeed hit Bishop, and since this is bloodlust, it would, in fact, kill Bishop before he could absorb the energy. The energy that Bishop is more commonly used to absorbing is energy-based. Like lasers and bio-blasts and such. But a concussive force is basically a punch. He's gonna get hit and feel it. And in this case, since it's Cyke's optic blasts, it'll probably kill him (punch a hole right through him).

Man, this really is a tough fight here. I've changed my mind several times now.

I think...at least for the moment...Cyke: 6/10.

Wynndar
Thats one way to interpret it....when Bishop put down Juggernaut he was weilding the energy of the city's whole power grid...he didnt recieve an initial shock and die.

peejayd
Thats one way to interpret it....when Bishop put down Juggernaut he was weilding the energy of the city's whole power grid...he didnt recieve an initial shock and die.

* hey! didn't knew that!!! wanna share a scan, dude?

* it takes the whole team to slow Juggy down (but not stop him), plus a telepath to defeat Juggy... all the while, Bishop's the only solution to the unstoppable menace...

Metalmanx

That's true.

But don't forget that Juggernaut was like 90% weakened and terrified after being knocked across the country by Onslaught.

Hell, Jubilee could've taken him down in the state he was in.

Wynndar
He was weakened...what "percent" wasnt explicitely stated, just subjective to the reader...basically it was trying to express how badly Onslaught kicked his ass. "The unstoppable Juggernaut....hmm...I see we're going to have to update the word unstoppable from his file" -Beast. That and the fact he was fighitng Onslaught in Canada and got knocked to Jersey whistling

wolverine8888
hell bishop held on to storms lightning which I gunna say is stronger then cyclopes blastes

Warmonger
Well Bisshop didn't get blown back by Onslaughts Blast which while ti is not pure concussive force certaihnly has a concussive component. There is no reason for him to get blasted back. Also whether Cyclops shoots directly at him or indirectly he is still trying to hit him with kinetic energy which won't work.

Metalmanx
He was weakened...what "percent" wasnt explicitely stated, just subjective to the reader...basically it was trying to express how badly Onslaught kicked his ass. "The unstoppable Juggernaut....hmm...I see we're going to have to update the word unstoppable from his file" -Beast. That and the fact he was fighitng Onslaught in Canada and got knocked to Jersey whistling

I know, I've got the comic right here in my hands right now.

I just used the term "cross-country" as a general statement as to how far he was knocked.

And I thought that was a very funny line of Beast's.

8Andrewman8
In the Civil War, there was a part where Cyclops attacked Bishop. here's a quote:

"...ensuring that Cyclops attacked Bishop. Though at first he simply absorbed it, the power was too much for him to control as he was overwhelmed, and he was forced to direct the energy he had absorbed upwards in a powerful blast."

Cyclops, so long as he can recharge his energy, can bring unknown vast amounts of power. If Bishop asborbs all of it, it will overwhelm him. But remember, Cyclops biggest fear is his loss of control. So he probably wouldn't go to that extreme. Instead he's use his surroudings and combat abilities. As far as it goes about Cyclops having no protect from Bishop's blasts, people don't realize that Scott's whole character is about paying attention to your surroundings, being in control, and being a stratgist. He wont go easily. And Bishop is a soldier, a warrior. This would be a pretty intense even fight.

Juk3n
In character, Bishop beats Scott for the majority.

8Andrewman8
Originally posted by Juk3n
In character, Bishop beats Scott for the majority.

basically stick out tongue

-Pr-
Scott in or out of character, imo.

weaponx510
stop hating on bishop everyone knows that there is nothing cyke can do to him

Eternal Idol
Cyclops ftw.

peejayd

Originally posted by Metalmanx
Actually, I'm kinda agreeing with peejayd here.

Bishop will be able to absorb the energy, but the initial concussive force should still hit him.

I mean, when he gets punched/kicked, he still gets punched/kicked. He gets knocked back and feels the pain. Happened in X-treme X-men a few times. He did absorb the energy, but he did get hit nonetheless.

Now, Cyke's blast will indeed hit Bishop, and since this is bloodlust, it would, in fact, kill Bishop before he could absorb the energy. The energy that Bishop is more commonly used to absorbing is energy-based. Like lasers and bio-blasts and such. But a concussive force is basically a punch. He's gonna get hit and feel it. And in this case, since it's Cyke's optic blasts, it'll probably kill him (punch a hole right through him).

Man, this really is a tough fight here. I've changed my mind several times now.

I think...at least for the moment...Cyke: 6/10.

-Pr-
Originally posted by weaponx510

it's not hating on bishop, so calm down.

Eternal Idol
Originally posted by weaponx510
Cyclops throat-punches Bishop, ftw.

Lostedge
Bishop can absorb all kinds of energy and even magic making Cyclops power ineffective. Bishop needs only one shot from his energy weapons or shot from absorbed energy and Cyclops is dead. Bishop can not be taken out with one shot.

In hand-to-hand combat Bishop beats Cyclops imo.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Lostedge
Bishop can absorb all kinds of energy and even magic making Cyclops power ineffective. Bishop needs only one shot from his energy weapons or shot from absorbed energy and Cyclops is dead. Bishop can not be taken out with one shot.

In hand-to-hand combat Bishop beats Cyclops imo.

cyclops has put him down with blasts before.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.