Tarantino and Rodriguez Horror Movie ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

papabeard
Spotted this in a post on the QT forum, sounds interesting.

"Posted by Myth :
Grindhouse: His part (Death Proof) sounds really bad so hopefully it is filmed really well. He said it is a slasher movie with a car instead of a knife. Rodriguez' part (Terror Planet) is a zombie movie and is expected to be more violent than QT's half. The coolest part sounds like the middle where they are making fake trailers for movies that will be in between the halfs. QT has a blaxploitation, a sexploitation, a kung fu, and a spaghetti-western trailer."

Cinemaddiction
They've worked together before on "From Dusk Til Dawn 3", and lately, "Sin City". I'd see it.

b-dan
didnt they work on all of the dusk till dawn flicks or only the first and third

Nevermind
Originally posted by b-dan
didnt they work on all of the dusk till dawn flicks or only the first and third

They didn't work on the 2nd, so yeah.

tabby999
well there you go, i didn't know they worked on the others in the From Dusk... movies, might have to check them out

papabeard
Full Interview here........

www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/4801

Rodriguez Interview

www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles/1506892/08032005/story.jhtml

papabeard
Michael Keaton may star in this.....................

www.creature-corner.com/?type=news&id=1172

papabeard
Production may be halted............

www.creature-corner.com/?type=news&id=1362

Tired Hiker
They should make a movie where Tarantino and Rodriguez fight against eachother, like Freddy vs Jason.

Pandemoniac
That is a very stupid idea. Why give a damn about 2 'normal' guys fighting, while they are both very talented in creating a varied collection of amazing characters and situations to fill the screen instead.

Tired Hiker
Originally posted by Pandemoniac
That is a very stupid idea. Why give a damn about 2 'normal' guys fighting, while they are both very talented in creating a varied collection of amazing characters and situations to fill the screen instead.

Who ever said they would be 'normal' in the movie! They could easily be given special powers, the possibilities are endless. Just use your imagination a bit, if you have one.

Jason_Krueger
if that movie is made that Tired Hiker is talking about its gonna blow!

Tired Hiker
Originally posted by Jason_Krueger
if that movie is made that Tired Hiker is talking about its gonna blow!

Like it would ever happen. laughing

deathbycorn
"Lost" castaway Naveen Andrews is set to join the Robert Rodriguez and Quentin Tarantino ensemble pulp pic "Grind House" reports Variety.
Andrews takes on the role of "a badass military scientist," according to the producers. Pic is heading into production in Austin, Texas, this summer.
Andrews will join "Planet Terror," the zombie movie that is Rodriguez's portion of the project. Pic's cast already includes Freddy Rodriguez, Rose McGowan and Josh Brolin.

Nevermind
I found something extremely cool. This, apparently is the script cover for Tarantino's segment entitled Death Proof.

http://www.aintitcool.com/pics/DeathProofScriptCvr.jpg

papabeard
Sahweet.

T.M
Another poster..

Nevermind
Originally posted by T.M
Another poster..

OMFG! That's mad! I love the way it's made to look dodgy.

deathbycorn
http://www.aintitcool.com/images2006/CCplanetterror2.jpg

papabeard
Cool

deathbycorn
For some reason the poster in my last post didn't work?

Here it is again:

http://www.aintitcool.com/images2006/CCplanetterror2.jpg

Rose McGowan gets her leg amputated and replaced with a machine gun, awesome!

deathbycorn
http://kino-express.ru/pics/misc3/planet_terror_2.jpg

Photo from the Planet Terror set.

Kram3r
That's a sweet pic from the Planet Terror set. I've found better quality Grindhouse posters here .

Dusty
Gross.

papabeard
Some info on the project :

To create an imaginary film universe they created fake trailers, both Eli Roth and Edgar Wright will direct a promo each.

Rodriguez will publish a 250 page making of companion book, containing and in depth history of the grindhouse genre by the 2 directors

papabeard
Mickey Rourke has ben replaced by Kurt Russell as Mike.

Tarantino will appear as a character called "The Rapist"

At Richard Linklaters suggestion Planet Terror will emulate the botched dialogue and missing footage typical of the grindhouse genre, at one point a missing reel sign appears and the action jumps forward and when you return the film has gone crazy.

Solo
I have a lot of hope for this project. Even though there is a lot of terrible actors attached to it.

Kram3r
Originally posted by papabeard
Some info on the project :

To create an imaginary film universe they created fake trailers, both Eli Roth and Edgar Wright will direct a promo each.

Rodriguez will publish a 250 page making of companion book, containing and in depth history of the grindhouse genre by the 2 directors

Originally posted by papabeard
Mickey Rourke has ben replaced by Kurt Russell as Mike.

Tarantino will appear as a character called "The Rapist"

At Richard Linklaters suggestion Planet Terror will emulate the botched dialogue and missing footage typical of the grindhouse genre, at one point a missing reel sign appears and the action jumps forward and when you return the film has gone crazy.

Wow, awesome news. Can you link us to the info, thanks.

papabeard
I got it from Total Film magazine.

QT is directing 2nd unit on Planet Terror and is writing part of the script and RR will be the DoP on Death Proof.

the film will feature : Michael Biehn, Fergie from BEP(?), John Jarret, Rosario Dawson, Rose Mcgowan and Zoe Bell, Tom Savini and Naveen Andrews from Lost plays a "Badass Military Scientist"

jaden101
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v15/towner/planetterror2.jpg

vintageSW77
Dunno if this is up yet but heres a trailer
http://www.everythingtarantino.com/data/grind_house.shtml
says theres one here but i cant see the link..maybe its off temporarily
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/30358

deathbycorn
This looks so cool.

Machette looks awesome, they should make a full movie from it.

Pandemoniac
Hooooly shit! If this trailer is a good representation of the actual movie, it's gonna be From Dusk till Dawn in the quadrant. Absurdly absurd and violent, over the top and uber-stylish. I'll be first in line when this beauty hit the theaters

Solo
It's pretty funny that the best part of the trailer was Machete, and it isn't even a part of either film.

vintageSW77
Totally preposterous and one of the greatest trailers EVER!!!!!!!!!!!
Mcgowan looks HOT!
I hear they got a Alan Howarth/John Carpenter style soundtrack rolling continually on PLANET TOWER.....cant wait.

vintageSW77
I meant PLANET TERROR
Do you think a few people aint going to get GRINDHOUSE ?
It confused my GF..she saw the trailer before i did and told me "that guy out of DEVILS REJECTS/Dusk til Dawn is in it" thinking the whole trailer is for one movie.
I love the retro 70s low fi look,the edit jumps etc and WE all KNOW why they are there but will the regular cinema goer?
Some of them are REALLY dumb....ill never forget the reaction towards Dusk Til Dawn when it went from Heist flick to Zombie Bloodbath in my local cinema...talk about confused!
It was like fathers day at Madonnas house!

vintageSW77
The Car

vintageSW77
A background billboard from the pic

vintageSW77
Kurt Russel

cain marko
ok i am dieing to see grind house. but what i dont get is that will it be like 3 hours long? i mean planet terror and death proof are feature length. are they back to back?

vintageSW77
Probably but its no longer than yer average Peter Jackson movie
i dont think itll be a problem though
i think its going to be a very individual cinematic experiance and one im looking forward to a lot
i remember double features,i used to love em

Pandemoniac
Rumours say Grindhouse hits the theaters in april. But the sooner the better! Not much new footage/pics available yet, but I did found a new pic of Russel as Stuntman Mike. Old enough to be my granny and still looking very bad-ass!

vintageSW77
i think this is the only flick on the horizon im exited about

vintageSW77
jesus if a thread needs bumping its this
its due out soon and it looks outstanding

Myth
FRIDAY! FRIDAY! FRIDAY! Oh I have shivers.

=Tired Hiker=
Originally posted by vintageSW77
i think this is the only flick on the horizon im exited about

Me too. When Kill Bill came out I could just go see that movie over and over never get tired of it. I have a feeling Grindhouse will have the same effect. Can't wait.

Tiberius
Should be excellent!

Minzku
Oh, I just love Tarantinos style and it works well with Rodriguez, so cool!You know when this movie should come out? Soon I hope...Cool poster too! big grin

vintageSW77
its not happening
the uk is getting Death Proof on its own in Sept and no news so far on Planet Terror
they can shove it up their arse till the dvd comes out

papabeard
F@cking sham, they think people will not understand the concept in the uk, the whole thing is based on the double feature, im getting a copy of the double from a dude at work, cant wait.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.