KOTOR sucks

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Deus Ex
Seriously, what's with the KOTOR fanboys polluting this forum? This is EU and Literature, not "omfg kotor rox00rz lol!!!!@@!!".

overlord
KotOR is great literature isn't it?

*kicks kotor from this forum forever with the shoe of George Lucas*

Fishy
Originally posted by Deus Ex
Seriously, what's with the KOTOR fanboys polluting this forum? This is EU and Literature, not "omfg kotor rox00rz lol!!!!@@!!".

Hey no messing with Kotor...

It can create quite the interesting topics and it has some good characters... Tobad it created a lot of sucky threads as well...

Deus Ex
My point, really. Half a million thread on how KOTOR pwns all and should be canon despite its inconsistancies, etc.

Dr. Pepper

i would say amen but I'm not a reverend anymore so I say; "My diagnosis, KOTOR fanboys = pwned3d".

Illustrious
Problem is that KotOR has little place in an EU forum, it's vastly inconsistent and sometimes even contradictory. It should be ranked lower than even "official" comics and books, simply because it was made more for entertainment purposes instead of story purposes.

I don't see anyone touting the Jedi Knight series, even though it was successful.

Darth Faunus

omfg kot0r DUZ rox00rz sysph btch lolfam1!11!!1!!1!1!!1!!!1!!

Deus Ex
zOMg u n00b stfu sysph omfg wtf bbq lsd lmnop!!!@@!!@@!ONEONEELEVENELEVEN!!!@@!

Darth_Glentract
Holy crap. blink Since when has KOTOR sucked? Sure, it pollutes the forum, but I thought it was a great game.

Gryn Jabar
It is a great game, but the fanboys aren't. The fact remains it's IMO the best exploration of the old republic, minus of course classics like TOTJ.

Tru_Slice
It all gets to your head, and soon you find yourself making anti-Kotor threads.

Deus Ex
Originally posted by Tru_Slice
It all gets to your head, and soon you find yourself making anti-Kotor threads.

Word. I logged on and saw no fewer than three new thread by Nactuos which ranged from "Omfg KOTOR rulez" to "omfg Kotor should be canon" to "omfg kotor is better than rots".

It gets old. KOTOR was good. Not -that- good.

Darth Koroni
So? There are also reatrded NJO fans, should we banish NJO from the boards. You don't blame a product for it's consumers idiocy, you blame the idiots.

Darth_Glentract
That is what he is doing. And KOTOR was good. NJO was bad.(Unless referring to the New Jawa Order)

Darth Koroni
Not really, I mean everything in between the Endar Spire and Rakata is heaps upon heaps of a dog's breakfeast. Then Rakata was were the wheels fell off and they just stopped trying.

Captain REX
Word. I logged on and saw no fewer than three new thread by Nactuos which ranged from "Omfg KOTOR rulez" to "omfg Kotor should be canon" to "omfg kotor is better than rots".

It gets old. KOTOR was good. Not -that- good.

And that's Nactous for ya.

Nactous
Originally posted by Captain REX
And that's Nactous for ya.
Exactly.

overlord
Takes pride in being.. OUCH!

Nactous
Originally posted by overlord
Takes pride in being.. OUCH!
Takes pride in have a jackass as a sig, ouch.

overlord
You got offended? laughing OUCH!

Ushgarak
Ok ok, let's try and keep this thread useful.

Nactous
I dont think it has a use, if I was a mod i'd shut it down.

Deus Ex
Meh, if I was a mod I'd keep a tight leash on you with all those KOTOR threads. Three in a row, really.

But if Ush wants to deep-six this thread, by all means. I was just striving to make a point. And since subtlety is lost around here for the most part, this thread was the next best thing.

overlord
I now realise my extreme posts. I will now go on talking about how much KotOR sucks instead, everything to make you guys happy.. I love you guys.. cry

KotOR? Isn't there a SW game forum? Aargh!! ranting

Nactous
Meh, if I was a mod I'd keep a tight leash on you with all those KOTOR threads. Three in a row, really.

But if Ush wants to deep-six this thread, by all means. I was just striving to make a point. And since subtlety is lost around here for the most part, this thread was the next best thing.

Oh, I am sorry, your just someone else with a useless thread.

Deus Ex
And more good threads and arguments under my belt than you've ever had. Please. Don't bore me with petty third grade insults. Go play KOTOR for the eigthieth time or something.

Nactous
And more good threads and arguments under my belt than you've ever had. Please. Don't bore me with petty third grade insults. Go play KOTOR for the eigthieth time or something.
Doubt that.

Ushgarak
Look, am I going to have to make one big thread for KOTOR, haters and lovers all?

It is a fair topic to complain about KOTOR fanboyism, so if we can keep things civil, this is the place to do it.

Deus Ex
Fair enough. Mum's the word from me. I just wanted to get the point out there; not everyone needs KOTOR crammed down their throat. I played the game when it first came out, I played the sequel this past year. They are good and I look forward to the third edition. Canonwise, they trip over themselves like a greased up blind man and starting threads on KOTOR being better than ROTS is subjective and likely to incite arguments, riots, and the occassional flame war.

overlord
Let's make this thread the 'Giggletime thread' of KotOR, I love this threads title! And every other KotOR thread deleted!! WTF! Tres cool idea of mine!! haha! hurray!!!

Zachara
I liked KOTOR and holy shiznit is was a fun game for me, but I won`t sacrifice my boyfriend for it or something.....

SS_181st_Snow
My point, really. Half a million thread on how KOTOR pwns all and should be canon despite its inconsistancies, etc.

What? The movies don't have inconsistencies? They're worse than KOTOR in that department. But, no, being movies, they're canon, and you can come up with an excuse as to why leia can remember her mothers face, even tho padme died ten seconds after she gave birth. "But the force.." *Shakes head in disgust*

Tangible God
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Holy crap. blink Since when has KOTOR sucked? Sure, it pollutes the forum, but I thought it was a great game. It's a decent enough game, but it's storyline is lower-class, and...that's right...condradicts the movies.

Movies by the way which are the original. So no matter what you like more in terms of entertainment, the movies will always be the basis for every piece of EU out there.

Julie
the load time have sucked but the game's awesome

Darth Faunus
It was a good game, yeah. But as said, nothing to isolate yourself with. I myself thought Battlefront a superior game in certain aspects.

Julie
battlefront was good....I didn't play it all that much but it was still a good game...fun"ner" to play in a group

Nactous
Originally posted by SS_181st_Snow
What? The movies don't have inconsistencies? They're worse than KOTOR in that department. But, no, being movies, they're canon, and you can come up with an excuse as to why leia can remember her mothers face, even tho padme died ten seconds after she gave birth. "But the force.." *Shakes head in disgust*
Welcome back bro. It's like the old days, fighting the good fight. Heres your answer Deus Ex, its popular, now get over it, whining acting like a little noob.

Deus Ex
Excuse me? Did you just call me out after a direct warning from the moderator to keep it civil? You must be slower than I thought.

jollyjim311
Originally posted by Tangible God
It's a decent enough game, but it's storyline is lower-class, and...that's right...condradicts the movies.

Movies by the way which are the original. So no matter what you like more in terms of entertainment, the movies will always be the basis for every piece of EU out there.

I see where you are coming from but if you always went by the origional then Luke and Leia would be midgets,Boba would be dead, and it would have been obvious that in ROTS Sids threw the fight.

Just to throw people off I will always go with the movies over any other source.

Ushgarak
Nac, you've been warned- cut that out.

Darth Traya
Look, Nactous, we appreciate that you obviously like KotOR very much. However, that does not mean that you have to waste bandwidth because you have an infatuation with the aforementioned game.

If you love KotOR so much, then why don't you close the browser window, and play it right now?

Tangible God
Originally posted by jollyjim311
I see where you are coming from but if you always went by the origional then Luke and Leia would be midgets,Boba would be dead, and it would have been obvious that in ROTS Sids threw the fight.

Just to throw people off I will always go with the movies over any other source. Oh yeah.

But Luke and Leia practically ARE midgets, Boba DESERVES to be dead, and frankly, Palpatine's victory over Mace and his quick recovery afterwards, and the explanation of being super-powerful enough to beat Yoda would make a whole lot more sense if GL would just say that Palps took a dive in order to inspire sympathy from Anakin.

Darth Koroni
Why should any part of RotS make sense when almost all of the movie had none?

Veneficus
I happen to be avid KOTOR fan...more than Nactous...and this thread does not bother me not all.

Nactous
I, I doubt that. But if you wish Ush, i will control myself.

Ogami Itto
It's pretty sad when a game totally pwns the films!!

just like kotor did to the prequals

Dark Exile
Originally posted by Ogami Itto
It's pretty sad when a game totally pwns the films!!

just like kotor did to the prequals
I agree.

Dark Exile
Originally posted by Veneficus
I happen to be avid KOTOR fan...more than Nactous...and this thread does not bother me not all.
Oh, I doubt that.

Tangible God
I find it sad when a videogame dominates the fantasies of a person. i.e. Nactous.

Captain REX
Originally posted by Nactous
I dont think it has a use, if I was a mod i'd shut it down.

That's called bias. That's why you're not a mod. wink

JKozzy
KOTOR is part of the Expanded Universe, which seems to be part of the forum's title.

Nai Fohl
Originally posted by SS_181st_Snow
What? The movies don't have inconsistencies? They're worse than KOTOR in that department.

Oh...really ? Where are all that inconsistencies in the movies. Either you don't understand the movies or you did never have a close look on KotoR.

What about:
- Revan and Malak using the title "Darth" nearly 3,000 years before it was invented
- Tulak Hord. An entire person who could never have existed like this because of horrible inconsistencies around his person. He must have died before Sadow (to have a tomb on Korriban) on the other handside he used a lightsaber and the Sith did discover that weapons first after Sadows time
- tombs on Korriban of Sith Lords that can't have existed (Hord) or couldn't have been burried on the planet because they died 600 years after the downfall of the Sith Empire on the other side of the Galaxy (Naga Sadow)
- stupid item boni (like Marka Ragnos gloves giving special lightsaber talents despite the fact Ragnos never used a lightsaber)

Oh yes. A single person able to go through a planet filled with knowledge while leading a war against the Republic or the ability to learn things in weeks other people needed years for (Revan) is much more logical than Leia remembering Padme. It's nearly as logical as somebody remembering NOTHING from his former life except the exact positions of some 10,000 of years old artifacts he once found.

KotoR is one of my favourite games but you realy can't say it's more acceptable as "canon" material than the movies.

overlord
It's already weird that there are inconsistancies.. Anywhere. Before writing anything Star Wars they should do their homework better, I don't think it is impossible these days to NOT make errors, but that's my opinion.

Nactous
Originally posted by Nai Fohl
Oh...really ? Where are all that inconsistencies in the movies. Either you don't understand the movies or you did never have a close look on KotoR.

What about:
- Revan and Malak using the title "Darth" nearly 3,000 years before it was invented
- Tulak Hord. An entire person who could never have existed like this because of horrible inconsistencies around his person. He must have died before Sadow (to have a tomb on Korriban) on the other handside he used a lightsaber and the Sith did discover that weapons first after Sadows time
- tombs on Korriban of Sith Lords that can't have existed (Hord) or couldn't have been burried on the planet because they died 600 years after the downfall of the Sith Empire on the other side of the Galaxy (Naga Sadow)
- stupid item boni (like Marka Ragnos gloves giving special lightsaber talents despite the fact Ragnos never used a lightsaber)

Oh yes. A single person able to go through a planet filled with knowledge while leading a war against the Republic or the ability to learn things in weeks other people needed years for (Revan) is much more logical than Leia remembering Padme. It's nearly as logical as somebody remembering NOTHING from his former life except the exact positions of some 10,000 of years old artifacts he once found.

KotoR is one of my favourite games but you realy can't say it's more acceptable as "canon" material than the movies.

Ah, chit its Nai Fohl, all you all KotOR haters are in trouble.

Nactous
I find it sad when a videogame dominates the fantasies of a person. i.e. Nactous.
Is this a topic about attacking KotOR or me, I am mentioned in almost every post.

Deus Ex
Supposively they DID do their homework, but I think with that many people working on a project, wires got crossed.

In any case, the main goal of a game is fun, not ocnsistancy.

jollyjim311
Oh yeah.

But Luke and Leia practically ARE midgets, Boba DESERVES to be dead, and frankly, Palpatine's victory over Mace and his quick recovery afterwards, and the explanation of being super-powerful enough to beat Yoda would make a whole lot more sense if GL would just say that Palps took a dive in order to inspire sympathy from Anakin.

haha, I'm a beliver in the Sids diving theory too.

overlord
Supposively they DID do their homework, but I think with that many people working on a project, wires got crossed.

In any case, the main goal of a game is fun, not ocnsistancy.

No, no. I meant that a game should be about ocnsistancies! hahaha, whatevz..
Anyway, they could have done their homework better, sure it was just for fun, but an RPG represents story too! They could for example note the times to avoid what Nai Foj was talking about.

Fishy
The only really bad thing is the title Darth but well for all we know they came up with the title for the first time. Doesn't really matter all that much to me, a stupid mistake but hell it works for a lot of people.

And of course the game has its mistakes, but most pieces of EU contradict something, whether it be the movies or another piece of EU. Really it shouldn't matter all that much. You just have to look at the bigger picture.

overlord
Hey, Fishy. Couldn't they have just set the whole KotOR history some years further? I don't know much about KotOR (i'm just commenting on other peoples info) but would that have made it right or would that create even more inconsistancies?

Tangible God
Is this a topic about attacking KotOR or me, I am mentioned in almost every post. Well, you're enormous love of the game, and your biased opinions about it in comparison to other pieces of EU and the movies, puts you right in the spotlight for criticism and oppurtunities to make fun of you.

Nactous
Hold on, you can have your KotOR bashing but atleast change the name if people, like myself find it offensive. Ush changed my EU title topic because it included"stomps the movies." And someone had to whine about it.

overlord
Hold on, you can have your KotOR bashing but atleast change the name if people, like myself find it offensive. Ush changed my EU title topic because it included"stomps the movies." And someone had to whine about it.

If you find the topic title offensive you should sue! eek!

Deus Ex

If you find the title offensive, you have the right to not post in it.

Nactous
If you find the title offensive, you have the right to not post in it.
Thats what I said to other people, yet they still changed it.

Deus Ex
Take it up with them.

Nactous
Yes, but whats your problem with kotor anyway?

Deus Ex
None. I actually like it. I just feel the wave of people who keep saying KOTOR is better than the series it's based off of it getting tiresome and ridiculous.

Tangible God
That's it in a nutshell.

Nactous
None. I actually like it. I just feel the wave of people who keep saying KOTOR is better than the series it's based off of it getting tiresome and ridiculous.
Well, I mean its extremly popular, and its a mass idea, if people think like this, you cant change there opinion.

Tangible God
He had no intention of. It's just irritating how people are so die-hard about the game.

Deus Ex
Exactly. I know it's out there. I like it too. Hell, when I came here it's all I knew was the OT and KOTOR I and II. But man, get over it. It's not THAT good.

Nactous
He had no intention of. It's just irritating how people are so die-hard about the game.

Well, thats good if they are so dedicated, it means they have values.

overlord
The name of this topic makes me cry late at night..
I've brought this up with Raz but he just laughs at me.

Tangible God
Well, thats good if they are so dedicated, it means they have values. Being dedicated's fine. But to a videogame? Not just that but one that is over two years old and has a sequel to it? Being that obsessed is not a good thing.

Darth Faunus
Well, thats good if they are so dedicated, it means they have values.

I have to agree with Tangible. Dedication to the important things in life is admirable. But to a video game? I don't think so. That's what's called obsession.

Nactous
Being dedicated's fine. But to a videogame? Not just that but one that is over two years old and has a sequel to it? Being that obsessed is not a good thing.
Well, if there dedicated about a small thing like a video game, they will just be out of there minds for something real and worth while, its shows there level of dedication.

Tangible God
Well, if there dedicated about a small thing like a video game, they will just be out of there minds for something real and worth while, its shows there level of dedication. Just because you're so obsessed with something, does not mean it will be so with something else.

Videogames are like a genre in life, a different attitude or mindset, different from everything else--like sex.

You can be as "dedicated" as you want, but to a videogame, when it comes to obsession in a fantasy world, something that IS NOT REAL, or never will be, is not healthy.

You probably won't die, you MAY not get sick from spending so much time on the couch or in a chair, but it's not normal.

Nactous
Just because you're so obsessed with something, does not mean it will be so with something else.

Videogames are like a genre in life, a different attitude or mindset, different from everything else--like sex.

You can be as "dedicated" as you want, but to a videogame, when it comes to obsession in a fantasy world, something that IS NOT REAL, or never will be, is not healthy.

You probably won't die, you MAY not get sick from spending so much time on the couch or in a chair, but it's not normal.
No, if you dedicated to a small ting, like a game, you would be deepley dedicated to something like a person, or idea.

Sesse
Not likely, since you would be spending all your time with the game.

WindDancer
KOTOR Pwned any other SW video game out there. I'm more of a Bastila fanboy. So you can see I love the game just for the character. stick out tongue

Tangible God
No, if you dedicated to a small ting, like a game, you would be deepley dedicated to something like a person, or idea. Don't assume that just because one thing is so, that something else will be as well. I'm dedicated to finding my remote control which the dog hides every night. I can spend hours looking for it. Really it's a small matter, I've got two remotes, plus the buttons on the TV, it makes no difference. But I'm dedicated to finding it.

My job however, is not a small matter. I need it for a living and a source of income. I'm not dedicated to IT though. I couldn't care if I get fired, I treat it like anyone would the missing remote...insignificant.

So why is real life and video-games any different? Just because you're dedicated to one thing, no matter how small, does not mean you're so dedicated to the everything else.

Nactous
Dude, it shows your leveal of dedication to something small and something large, btw Happy Haloween. And I just got Episode 3 last night on DVD, and btw Battle Front 2 rocks.

Tangible God
Dude, it shows your leveal of dedication to something small and something large, btw Happy Haloween. And I just got Episode 3 last night on DVD, and btw Battle Front 2 rocks. It shows that you spend to much on time on the videogame to actually do anything worth dedicating to.

Deus Ex
Is Nactous Latin for narrow-minded?

Tangible God
Must be. The guy couldn't even spell "level."

See what all that KOTOR is doing to him?

Deus Ex
He probably gets up every day and "levels up" before going to seventh grade... again.

Tangible God
Man, he must be at like leveal 39!

I'm gonna play World of Warcraft for 144 hours on end and get to leveal 32 so I can sell my Warlock's battleaxe for more money!!

That's not obsessive........it's dedication.

Deus Ex
Yeah. Here's some dedication:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8143073/

Tangible God
(chuckles) Maybe we should ask Nactous if he has an Asian mask and a Chinese criminal record...then we'll talk about dedication.

overlord
When Nactous turns on his little computer he will probably get angry and report you guy's and probably get banned again for abusing the report system AGAIN!! eek!

Deus Ex
Yeah. What a crybaby.

Tangible God
He's just a little pussy, leave him alone.

Nactous
Bunch of freakin white trash morons.

Ushgarak
Ok, this thread has gone beyond use. Closed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.