what do you guys think of Brit Shalom?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Jello
ok, so with mounting medical evidence showing that with the exception of two rare medical conditions circumcision is...unhealthy and retarded, a lot of more liberal and reform jews are performing a naming ceremony called brit shalom that doesn't involve circumcision. my family being one of em, i think that this is a step in the right direction especially with the current surgical procedure of the bris being much more radical than that in the bible, so i just wanted to know what you guys thought about that.

Adam_PoE
I congratulate those who have chosen to maintain the inherent right to bodily integrity of their child instead of unecessarily mutilating his or her genitals with circumcision.

Darth Jello
i agree, people of my faith have changed before and they should again.

mysparrow
Originally posted by Darth Jello
ok, so with mounting medical evidence showing that with the exception of two rare medical conditions circumcision is...unhealthy and retarded, a lot of more liberal and reform jews are performing a naming ceremony called brit shalom that doesn't involve circumcision. my family being one of em, i think that this is a step in the right direction especially with the current surgical procedure of the bris being much more radical than that in the bible, so i just wanted to know what you guys thought about that. Naming ceremony? They are naming them now ? Geesh thats not new , my ex-husband had a name for his too ....................willie LOL laughing

debbiejo
How about Mr. Happy??????? laughing out loud

finti
or the magic rod

debbiejo
Now wouldn't this topic of "Names" be an interesting topic of a new thread?? big grin big grin

I know girls that name their parts toooo.....LOL

Darth Jello
no, naming the child, god you guys take a while

debbiejo
Originally posted by Darth Jello
no, naming the child, god you guys take a while

laughing out loud laughing ..Oh a child...OK...Peter..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.