Bird Flu

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

French Tip

eggmayo
I would, but I frankly don't care. Pretty sure we have enough food anyway.

debbiejo
Big on the news here....Ahhhhh...so we die...First it was the volcano, now this.....Hey, take your echanasia (sp?)...helps boots your immune system..

Had a bad case of pneumonia before...So guess, I'll be the first to go.......I'll stop in before I go and say hi.

Alpha Centauri
It's just another scaremonger tactic.

"Look at what it did in 1918!!!"

Yes, that's 1918. Not 2005.

-AC

French Tip
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
It's just another scaremonger tactic.

"Look at what it did in 1918!!!"

Yes, that's 1918. Not 2005.

-AC

Yes it was 1918; but what if what happened in 1918 happens again? I'm preparing.

I don't really think anything is going to happen, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

Alpha Centauri
There's no vaccine, but unless we've all been taking a bit of a nap, it would be wise to assume we're medically better off now than we were then.

Let's just take time to realise that. Let's also look at all the other fake "We're dying" scenarios:

/How many times have there been asteroids coming to destroy us that now aren't? A few.

/Ebola virus. "Gonna wreck havoc on the world." Yeah.

/SARS. Same deal.

/CJD-BSE. Same deal.

The only problem would be if this actually was serious and it turned out to be a boy crying wolf scenario. How likely is that? Not that likely.

Our doctors, nurses, governments are all on the case of preparing for it now. Don't see any worry.

-AC

BackFire
Killer Bees, anyone?

Alpha Centauri
What killer bees?

Oh...hahaha oh I see.

-AC

French Tip
There's no vaccine, but unless we've all been taking a bit of a nap, it would be wise to assume we're medically better off now than we were then.

Let's just take time to realise that. Let's also look at all the other fake "We're dying" scenarios:

/How many times have there been asteroids coming to destroy us that now aren't? A few.

/SARS. Same deal.

/CJD-BSE. Same deal.

The only problem would be if this actually was serious and it turned out to be a boy crying wolf scenario. How likely is that? Not that likely.

Our doctors, nurses, governments are all on the case of preparing for it now. Don't see any worry.

-AC

Well that's just your opinion. Unless you can foresee the future and can tell me that you are 100% sure that nothing will happen. I'm going to stock up.

There are alot of things that were "unlikely to happen" that happened.

hotsauce6548
I'm not a bird, so I don't care...

Deano
Feds Prepare For Super-Flu Disaster

2000 Turkeys Die In Turkey

Victor Von Doom
Hang on...stock up?

Why?

Is that so you don't have to leave the house, or do you perceive a food shortage?

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by French Tip
Well that's just your opinion. Unless you can foresee the future and can tell me that you are 100% sure that nothing will happen. I'm going to stock up.

There are alot of things that were "unlikely to happen" that happened.

And there are even more that were likely that haven't. Considering that is the more likely in this situation.

-AC

GCG
Pandemics are bound to happen every so many decades so i dont know why you think its a scare tactic AC

WindDancer
I hope this won't affect the poultry population.

I can't picture in my mind all the KFC's of the world going out of business. sad

stick out tongue

Alpha Centauri
Because being realistic, look at the example used to show it as a threat.

"It killed *insert amount* in 1918."

1918, not 2003. To even believe we're as unprepared and incapable of dealing with this as we were then is stupid. They tried it with ebola, SARS, CJD/BSE.

-AC

GCG
How can WHO be prepared if its a new mutation of the virus ?

They dont know its composition, so they cannot know its remedy.

KidRock
Originally posted by BackFire
Killer Bees, anyone?

lol good point

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by GCG
How can WHO be prepared if its a new mutation of the virus ?

They dont know its composition, so they cannot know its remedy.

There are lots of things without cures that are rapidly treatable. There's no cure for cancer but people survive it and live after.

-AC

GCG
There are lots of things without cures that are rapidly treatable. There's no cure for cancer but people survive it and live after.

-AC

That we, this generartion, have been taking innoculations from a young age against the various viruses around is already a good start. If the virus were to infect a pig, the jump (mutation) from pig to human would be much more likely.

As you said, there is no cure to cancer, but a lot of people die from it, and correct me if im wrong most of those effected die as a result.

Alpha Centauri
You're going off somewhere else.

It's not curable, it's treatable and it can be lived with, even in worst cases. What's to say this flu is no different even if it DOES reach a peak? It's already being studied to death.

Chill out.

-AC

GCG
Chill out ? confused

I didnt antagonise you.

jedi sarah
go vegetarian best way to avoid the bird flu

French Tip
You're going off somewhere else.

It's not curable, it's treatable and it can be lived with, even in worst cases. What's to say this flu is no different even if it DOES reach a peak? It's already being studied to death.

Chill out.

-AC

And what if this flu is different?

Both my fathers say that if this flu mutates it could mean trouble.

Alpha Centauri
My father once told me if I keep making that face it'll get stuck that way.

-AC

French Tip
My father once told me if I keep making that face it'll get stuck that way.

-AC

lol

I guess I should've listened when everyone told me not to argue with you laughing out loud

Alpha Centauri
I'm not arguing, I'm just saying.

You're obviously going by what everyone says.

-AC

French Tip
I'm not arguing, I'm just saying.

You're obviously going by what everyone says.

-AC

Well when both you parents are in the medical field, that's kind of what you do

Alpha Centauri
Well, everyone has been saying "If" this and "If" that.

IF I became Superman tomorrow, I could do a lot. Not likely though.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
Or a man.

French Tip
Well, everyone has been saying "If" this and "If" that.

IF I became Superman tomorrow, I could do a lot. Not likely though.

-AC

ya know you're a real smart ass

stick out tongue

GCG
btw there is already a thread on the World Pandemic - and i dont see anything wrong with awareness.

Alpha Centauri
I think awareness is an understatement if people are stocking up on food.

-AC

debbiejo
Originally posted by jedi sarah
go vegetarian best way to avoid the bird flu

Yep!!!!!
But seems it's always something....just like the brown recluse spider that is in the north now....migrated from the south...almost like flesh eating bacteria....Can kill a person if bitten near a major artery....Can kill a person anyway....infection...just causes your flesh to die...I know 2 people now who did get bitten by it...didn't even know they were.....

GCG
I think awareness is an understatement if people are stocking up on food.

-AC

If, IF, IF IF, ; EVEN YOU WITH THESE IFS ! mad

laughing

Alpha Centauri
What does a flesh eating virus have to do with anything?

-AC

Lana
Well when both you parents are in the medical field, that's kind of what you do

Both my aunts are doctors and neither have so much as mentioned this.

debbiejo
What does a flesh eating virus have to do with anything?

-AC

it's a spider bite....Just another thing that is going around in the news like the bird flu.....Something is always happening....this spider rots your flesh and can kill you....OH WHAT A WORLD!!!!,,,,We're all gonna die again....oh and again next year too.....Every year were just gonna die of something..... big grin confused

OH, and there are some really bad pics too, if you did a search on brown recluse spiders....Ewwwwwww. sick

OH...and sorry, I know I have a habit of derailing things....It's just my nature....LOL

KitVan
this is all new to me...sounds like trouble sick

Alpha Centauri
Shall we stop all this before the thread is shut down by Mulder and Scully? It's getting like an episode of The X-Files.

-AC

Capt_Fantastic
And what if this flu is different?

Both my fathers say that if this flu mutates it could mean trouble.

This Flu is proven to be most akin to the flus of the late 1800's. If I recall correctly, 5 million died.....

However, this is not the late 1800's...

While it should be worried about, most of the population is neither old, sick, or dying.

Lana
Shall we stop all this before the thread is shut down by Mulder and Scully? It's getting like an episode of The X-Files.

-AC

eek! I love the X-Files!

Now I'm thinking of that episode from the 5th season with the flesh-eating bacteria.....hehe....

KitVan
HAHA...debbiejo, i love your signature... in response... I HAVE NO IDEA laughing

GCG
What the f**k?

this is going off-topic glare

Going veggie is the best way to stop Bird Flu ? and now spiders and bites ?

debbiejo
^Don't forget the killer bees......And this year here where I live we have some aggressive bees....People who weren't allergic to them are now getting pretty bad respiratory problems....Like..not being able to breath...

debbiejo
New news...in the US the bird flu is projected to infect 1.9 million....But it's said we better off then other places.....

tv_horror

WE'RE GONNA DIE AGAIN!!!!

Ushgarak
'New News', that's an interesting term...

ash007
well the bird flu virus is not actually dangerous to humans, its only when someone who has already got the normal flu catches it.
When this happens the bird flu will mutate with normal flu, which means it will then start spreading like normal flu but this time killing alot of people.

The reason why this Flu will be dangerous is because these viruses do not commonly infect humans, there is little or no immune protection against them in the human population. This means the elderly and the young and people with low immune systems are most at risk.

ladygrim

/SARS. Same deal.

/CJD-BSE. Same deal.

-AC

i have thought that myself how many people stopped doing things for them or locked them selves away for look at SARS/ Legionnaires` Disease and so on we have a lot more hygiene and medicines since 1918 we could hopefully sort it out

tabby999
i hear that Bush plans to bomb Turkey just to be on the safe side

GCG
laughing

Alpha Centauri
Hahahaha, because he confuses them with chickens (zooooom).

I think why Tabby said that is because it's allegedly spread to Turkey.

-AC

tabby999
that and hes an idiot wink

kmcdude
I think this could be the end..........

jaden101
if only i'd bought shares in roche pharmacueticals...

GCG
Originally posted by jaden101
if only i'd bought shares in roche pharmacueticals...

A friend of mine studying medicine pointed that out. She said its a scare tactic to sell more.

debbiejo
Hahahaha, because he confuses them with chickens (zooooom).

I think why Tabby said that is because it's allegedly spread to Turkey.

-AC

OH my god!!!...I have a pet turkey...... eek! laughing out loud

Bush isn't gonna kill my turkey is he???

tabby999
expect a crusie missile to liberate you of it any day now

Deano
ive got the flu sad

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Deano
ive got the flu sad H5M1 Avian flu? messed

debbiejo
Bird flu doesn't kill you, you just fly away.....

ashu12
Hello all very good to see the very deep information regarding the bird flu which is very dangerous disease .It comes from birds .Influenza virus is responsible for that .Obviously this will spreads from person to person .We have to face very big loss due and we are facing this .Well Relenza is most famous medication which i heard.
drugdelivery.ca is also a drug company who is providing this online.

eggmayo
Originally posted by ashu12
Hello all very good to see the very deep information regarding the bird flu which is very dangerous disease .It comes from birds .Influenza virus is responsible for that .Obviously this will spreads from person to person .We have to face very big loss due and we are facing this .Well Relenza is most famous medication which i heard.
drugdelivery.ca is also a drug company who is providing this online.
Why are all your full stops on the next word? Really... why?
I'm ever so curious now..

The Omega

Deano
bird flu this and bird flu that. Some chap in a shop asked if the discount chickens for sale were ok or did you think they maybe they were cheap because of bird flu! Are people really that stupid? please do the Math, think of how many countries this supposed Bird Flu has travelled through, think of all the billions of people who live in those countries and then weigh that against the amount of reported human deaths, nearly all of which are questionable to say the least. It is in the low hundreds.

all of the 'talking points' constantly discussed and reported on in the corporate media, and which unfortunately is so pervasive, are nothing more than political propaganda weapons of mass distraction. They have been purposefully sewn into the national debate, in this instance to reinforce the false belief that there is indeed a crisis, and that it has been rampaging across Asia.

Nothing could be further from the truth. That their disinformation campaign is working, is adequately demonstrated by the average populace response. For more information on this subject, please read the following excerpt on the control of freedom of speech at www.whatareweswallowing.co.uk.

You have more chance of dying from human combustion than from bird flu. all big lies engineered to make us take the poison through a needle.

its not a big crisis as its made out to be.

KharmaDog
Did you type that yourself or paste it?

its not a big crisis as its made out to be.

I agree.

debbiejo
I don't need to read it cause I already know they do it. no expression

Deano
Originally posted by KharmaDog
Did you type that yourself or paste it?

I agree.

i coped these paragrahs from threeworldwars.com. which i agree with and puts it out better than i could write.

''all of the 'talking points' constantly discussed and reported on in the corporate media, and which unfortunately is so pervasive, are nothing more than political propaganda weapons of mass distraction. They have been purposefully sewn into the national debate, in this instance to reinforce the false belief that there is indeed a crisis, and that it has been rampaging across Asia.

Nothing could be further from the truth. That their disinformation campaign is working, is adequately demonstrated by the average populace response. For more information on this subject, please read the following excerpt on the control of freedom of speech at www.whatareweswallowing.co.uk.''

debbiejo
That's why we have sports too.......It's a distraction from the realities of life......

Zebina

KharmaDog
i coped these paragrahs from threeworldwars.com. which i agree with and puts it out better than i could write.

''all of the 'talking points' constantly discussed and reported on in the corporate media, and which unfortunately is so pervasive, are nothing more than political propaganda weapons of mass distraction. They have been purposefully sewn into the national debate, in this instance to reinforce the false belief that there is indeed a crisis, and that it has been rampaging across Asia.

Nothing could be further from the truth. That their disinformation campaign is working, is adequately demonstrated by the average populace response. For more information on this subject, please read the following excerpt on the control of freedom of speech at www.whatareweswallowing.co.uk.''

If you are going to copy and paste, please reference what you you are pasting, and from where you copied it. Do not do so is plagiarism.

KharmaDog
Originally posted by Zebina
The bird flu is just like SARs. I'm not worried about and you shouldn't be either

Although I am not concerned about the bird flu, SARS killed quite a few people and was quite a concern in Toronto (20 minutes from where I live) Ontario. I do believe that we should have a healthy respect for the diseases that we are onleashing on oursleves, but I see no need for panic as it only worsens a situation.

Deano
i forgot to link to the site. it was only a short summary anyway.

idowhatiamtold
yet another reason to steer clear of all KFC's! haha confused

grey fox
Question : How does it spread ?

From Bird to Human or from Human to Human ?

Not only that but then by what ? Is it orally transmitted (IE : Eat infected poultry) or airborne ?

Syren
I'm avoiding poultry. I know it's kind of irrational for me to do so and I don't truly believe I'm going to contract avian flu but I can't bring myself to eat chicken, duck and so on. I cooked myself a chicken bloody kiev the other night without even thinking about it, sat down to eat it and just couldn't. It's ridiculously frustrating and clearly I have fallen foul to the media coverage without actually making a conscientious decision to stop eating certain types of meat. Haha, 'fallen foul'. Bad pun ermm

Edit; and yet, you know, I've smoked for over ten years. No threat big enough to concern my subconscious there, obviously. How utterly retarded.

botankus
Don't by meat from Wal-Mart. It's nasty and sucks and you might die. And I like Wal-Mart, for the most part.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.