Green Lantern Corps: Recharge

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SnakeEyes
I didn't find a thread on this and it seems pretty cool so far. Opinions anyone?

jrodslam
Im liking it so far. Guy is still a goofball kinda. But hes a true warrior and want to fight instead of being a trainer. I personally dont blame him. hopefully in the series, he can get alot of action.

The Ion
There's a rumor that the Corps book will be pretty much a Guy Gardner and Kilowog book with Kyle getting his own series.

As for Recharge, it's great so far. I'm glad Kyle is now considered the number 1 Green Lantern in the eyes of the Guardians, taking Hal's old spot. big grin

SnakeEyes
BUMP

snoopdogg
In issue #1 the Guardians said that the entire universe is about to change.

Im assuming it has to do with the Infinite Crisis.

8bitChris
I liked the first issue. I hope it stays the same tone and mood. It's good to have just plain ol Super Hero books.

SnakeEyes
I agree ^

Guy's pretty cool IMO... I've never really been a huge fan of him, but he's grown on me.

roughrider
Originally posted by The Ion
There's a rumor that the Corps book will be pretty much a Guy Gardner and Kilowog book with Kyle getting his own series.

As for Recharge, it's great so far. I'm glad Kyle is now considered the number 1 Green Lantern in the eyes of the Guardians, taking Hal's old spot. big grin

I thought Hal Jordan was coming back, or was I mistaken?
He should stay gone, and keep the page turned to Kyle.

ScarletSpider
Hal is back. He's one of two Green Lanterns for the Earth Sector. Hal and Stewart are on active duty on earth.

roughrider
Could he finally take the cheesy mask off? Gardner and Stewart don't wear it. Kyle had something different on at the beginning, but now has the same thing on his face.

ScarletSpider
Hal still has some semblance of a secret identity. Guy was too badass for one, and Stewart just kind of goes "whatever." For Kyle, I think he views it almost as part of the uniform, and on earth he had a secret identity.

The Ion
Hal's costume is the one thing about him that shouldn't change. It looks great when drawn correctly such as in the recent Crisis of Conscience JLA arc.

roughrider
Even when Hal was the Spectre, he still had the mask! I think it's permanently stuck to his face - I'd like to see him unable to take it off in some issue! laughing out loud

ScarletSpider
He likes the mask, it completes the ensemble.

SnakeEyes
Issue 2 has been out for a little while. I've read it and still like it so far. What do you guys think?

SnakeEyes
Issue 3 is now out, and I've read that as well. I'm likin' it.

Anyone else?

Jose123
I read. And I like it.

jrodslam
Loving the GL Corps. I dont know why it isnt doing better than it is. Thats kinda surprising to me. erm

The Ion
Oy? It's selling 70k+ an issue. It would be doing better if it didn't get delayed every week.

jrodslam
Not really. Only the 1st issue did better than 70k. And that was 80k+. Every issue the numbers go down, including its ranking in overally comics. It is steady in the DC ranks though.

I do agree that if not for the delays, it would do better, but i dont think by much.

The Ion
You're right. #3 did 64k+ and then 2500 the nex month. Still, the only regular ongoings that sold more are Superman/Batman, JLA, Titans and Green Lantern.

The real question is, why the hell is AS Batman & Robin still selling 150k+?

Jose123
same reason any X-men title sells in the top 10 no matter how crappy it is.

jrodslam
I agree with you Ion. Maybe its not doing as bad as it appears. At least not on the DC scale.

Beats the hell outta me why AS Batman & Robin are still selling 150k+. Even the reprint of no.1 did better than any other book besides Crisis. I dont get it.

GL is doing good maintaining the top 5 stops in DC. I just would like for GLC to move up a slot or 2 in DC. Hal is Hal, so hes gonna do his numbers. Kyle is getting his own book again. Its Guy that im worried about. Most likely of all GL books, it will sell the least. I just hope it doesnt get cut.

Screw John. His ass should be in the Corps and Guy should be in the JLA.

The Ion
I'm thinking John will take Kyle's spot in GLC once Ion starts. I am worried sales will get worse once Kyle leaves though Guy is definitely getting more popular. I figure if it can stay above 30k, it should be safe from cancellation.

jrodslam
The sales will get that low IF John goes to GLC i believe. Currently the book stands at the 8th spot everytime it comes out. They should never go below 50k imo. Especially for a group book. Its not like the whole Corps are no names. Behind Hal, you have 2 of the premier GL's there, plus newcomers. Right now, its better than JLA imo. If its goes 40k and below, im gonna start to worry.

Once again, screw John. Id rather just have Guy helm the book and the others pop in every once and a while. I do like the newbies though. The Rann and Thanagarian are cool to me.

The Ion
I agree. The new girl has potential and it's always fun to watch Guy interact with females.

Stewart? What can I say? Hopefully he'll play off Guy well. Both Hal and Kyle do.

jrodslam
I agree.

Knightfall93
I can't get comics very easy here. What's goin' down with the new Corps? And didn't Hal kill Killowog in "Emerald Twilight" the bit bafore "New Dawn"...

Knightfall93
And I say they should shove bloody Hal back in his goddam grave with his lover, that Green Arrow shit head!

The Ion
Originally posted by Knightfall93
I can't get comics very easy here. What's goin' down with the new Corps? And didn't Hal kill Killowog in "Emerald Twilight" the bit bafore "New Dawn"...
Yeah. He was resurrected by Kyle and Ganthet.

HigH ScholaR
yeah i stoped at issue 2..................read it did not really like the change in artwork thoough then again i normally collect in tbp so i'll probably get it as tbp oh and even though i didn't really like guy but now he's one of my favourite GL beating Kyle (to me he hasn't really changed/progreesed story wise and that he is kinda boring maybe because its the way he is presented in GLC). Anyway whats all the hype about Hal

SnakeEyes
The 4th issue is out and I bought it today. It's getting pretty epic and issue 5 should be pretty kickass.

Lucid Lui
Yeah, it was a pretty good issue. Looking forward to the next...

SnakeEyes
I just read issue 5 today, and boy, was it awesome.

If you haven't read it, I suggest you all do so.

Guy really stepped up and took charge in this issue.

DarkCrawler
Where do you people find out how much the issues sell?

The Ion
http://www.cbgxtra.com/Default.aspx?tabid=695

You have to go through a couple of links.

Juntai
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
I just read issue 5 today, and boy, was it awesome.

If you haven't read it, I suggest you all do so.

Guy really stepped up and took charge in this issue. Yeah, it was pretty badass.
Guys the man.
It also really showed the friendship between the older Lanterns, particularly of Earth. If Kyle, Hal, and then Kilowog didn't listen to what Guy had to say, none of the others would have either.
BUt he got the job done.

SnakeEyes
BUMP

Anyone else read this yet?

jrodslam
Great read. I cant wait for the ongoing.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by Validus
http://www.cbgxtra.com/Default.aspx?tabid=695

You have to go through a couple of links.

Thanks. smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.