The Official "Hikaru No GO" Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheQuincy
At first I thought this manga was boring, but it's started to grow on me and is now my favorite section in Shonen Jump. I thought it was about time a thread was dedicated to it.

chibiruto
yes Hikaru no go rocks ! gota love it...learned to play like five years ago on fam vacation to japan...not very fun to learn...but afterwards its freakin awsome

TheQuincy
My favorite character is Akira Toya. The go prodigy. I'm learning to play go right now, i got a book at barnes and noble. Anywehre u can play it online?

chibiruto
um...if i can...ill pm u some sites

naruto641
Awesome manga, while reading it I went online to learn Go. Im not very good at it yet but I think im ok for a player that hasnt played the game for years. I think the ending was one of the suckiest in the whole most wide world. I wont give it away though except that it sucked. I wouldnt even call it an ending....

ChakraStrings
Hikara No Go... now there's an original story. That usually is one of the manga's I read on a daily basis. (Well not exactly). Go seems like a pretty tough game to master... wouldn't you think so?

sai12
Originally posted by TheQuincy
My favorite character is Akira Toya. The go prodigy. I'm learning to play go right now, i got a book at barnes and noble. Anywehre u can play it online?

Yeah you can go to Yahoo games and play it there. I know after I finished reading the 1st 4 manga that were out at the time (Book 5 is out now! Run and get it!) that I tried playing Go online. Twas very confusing, for me at least. I was never very good at chess, Go is like a much harder version of chess...Or its the same kinda thinking game.

Anyhow, I made a thread about this before without much for results, but seems like the right people are here now!!! YAY!

Also, has anyone seen the anime? I am excitedly awaiting it to be released in the US. It is a very long series, 85 episodes I think. The manga is very long as well...ugh! I'm thinking this is a HUGE investment. Tee hee!

Well, happy to see more HnG fans!

ChakraStrings
No, I haven't checked the anime out yet (now I probably will) So Go, is basically like chess you said? Shouldn't be THAT hard!

TheQuincy
i got this book the other day that's called "Getting GO" that teaches you how to play. It's sweet.

ChakraStrings
Oh really, and you haven't told me? Anyhow, I'm thinking about getting into GO and all that. Just, I don't know any stores that would carry GO boards and such.

naruto641
Originally posted by ChakraStrings
No, I haven't checked the anime out yet (now I probably will) So Go, is basically like chess you said? Shouldn't be THAT hard!

it is nothing like chess

ChakraStrings
Well, sai said it was 'like' chess. I've never played Go either, I've just seen people play it in Hikara No Go, and, does anyone know where to buy Go stuff?

naruto641
I dont know where to buy go stuff, I usually read the "Getting Go" out of my shonen jump books and play online.

Once you learn how to play Go youll see its nothing like chess. Sai probably meant that you need to use your head and plan strategies and stuff.

ChakraStrings
Yeah... probably. This online thing sounds pretty intresting, what's the site, I'd love to check it out.

naruto641
yahoo.com, go to games then to board games. Its there where you can play online with other ppl. Theres this program you can download to play against the computer and see how good you are and stuff. Ill find it again since I forgot where I got it

ChakraStrings
All right, thanks, I'll have to check that out later.

naruto641
no problem, and ill play anybody a game on yahoo if ya want to

chibiruto
yes...the yahoo site is quite good

ChakraStrings
Originally posted by naruto641
no problem, and ill play anybody a game on yahoo if ya want to

I'm just starting to get good at it... I wouldn't underestimate anyone here either!

naruto641
lol I play a couple games in yahoo but I always end up losing. Im just too careless and dont think about my moves much :P

hikarufan1
heh.. its always fun to play with other players on yahoo...
i tried playing it but i suck horribly at it...

also... the ending does not suck...... well.. acutally depends on whether its the anime or the manga.......

the anime ending is really good.....
and there is also a movie that is out for hikaru no go too....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.