Team Lantern vs Team Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dman2008
Team Lantern

Kyle
Hal
Guy
Kilowog
John Stewart
Alan Scot

vs

Superman
Superboy
Supergirl
and Krypto

Which team wins?

thesilverspider
lanterns will murder them krypto? u serious

EsteemedLeader
Lanterns.

jrodslam
^ I agree.

dman2008
Yes I am, and I beleive that it would be a much closer fight then you think

But I do agree with you in saying team lantern wins

JediMasterLuke5
I kinda leaning to the GL's. First off, Krypto, even though having his own super power's is not much of a threat. Supe's team has the Strength and Speed advantage, But the GL's have those deadly weapon's. Im going to wait to see what other peeps says so I can base my decision.

The Ion
Lanterns. Rather easily at that.

jrodslam
Originally posted by JediMasterLuke5
I kinda leaning to the GL's. First off, Krypto, even though having his own super power's is not much of a threat. Supe's team has the Strength and Speed advantage, But the GL's have those deadly weapon's. Im going to wait to see what other peeps says so I can base my decision.

Supes team has the physical strength advantage, but not strength overall. And Speed? Supes team is in no way faster than any of the lanters.

superman302
awww why did you have to throw alan scott in there, that makes it really unfail considering his ring is magical based

dman2008
Okay then lets switch krypto with the Matrix Supergirl does that change the outcome?

dman2008
Oh and switch Jade for Alan Scot

jrodslam
And i forgot to mention that they are heavily outnumbered. Krypto?

Add Bizarro and Ultraman and it would be a closer fight. But theyd still lose. Just not as bad.

dman2008
Fine Bizzaro and Superwoman are on Team Supes

The Ion
Originally posted by dman2008
Oh and switch Jade for Alan Scot Jade is magic too.

Doesn't matter though. One giant blast of kryptonite radiation and that's all she wrote for Team Superman.

JediMasterLuke5
Originally posted by jrodslam
Supes team has the physical strength advantage, but not strength overall. And Speed? Supes team is in no way faster than any of the lanters.
How about alot faster then the GL, Supes team have Super Speed as one of their powers.

jrodslam
How about alot faster then the GL, Supes team have Super Speed as one of their powers.

Dude nobody in the Super family, Superman, Supergirl, Superboy etc is faster than any of the Top 6 GL's.

JediMasterLuke5
Now thats the biggest BS I ever heard, Supe's moves at near light speeds.

The Ion
Now thats the biggest BS I ever heard, Supe's moves at near light speeds.
And GL's move beyond light speed.

superman302
Originally posted by The Ion
And GL's move beyond light speed.

they can reach warp speed but thats only when they are traveling threw space its sorta like silver surfer they cant actually move that fast while they are fighting.

TheKahn
Perhaps people should define what they mean by super speed. At Top speed the Lanterns have it, but as far as reaction time the Superman team has it. For example Supeman can viberate his body so fast that his face is blurred. I have never heard of a GL doing likewise. While both groups can fly at speeds faster than light, I think only the Superman team can actually fight at that speed.

All that being said, GLs win 10/10.

jrodslam
Originally posted by superman302
they can reach warp speed but thats only when they are traveling threw space its sorta like silver surfer they cant actually move that fast while they are fighting.

They cant move that fast while fighting? The constructs and beams are able to move at lightspeeds. Did you read rebirth? Hal and Sinestro were fighting all through space at high speeds. Was it light? Who knows, but they are well capable of fighting at lightspeeds. Its not like they throw punches.

zachrivard
gl being faster than superman thats bs

The Ion
Even on Earth a Lantern is a faster flyer than anyone from the House of El. Superman admitted that much to Kyle. Team Superman has the better reaction time which is pretty much their only advantage. Their only hope is a speed blitz right off the bat which still may not work.

Team Lantern should win everytime.

TheKahn
Originally posted by jrodslam
They cant move that fast while fighting? The constructs and beams are able to move at lightspeeds. Did you read rebirth? Hal and Sinestro were fighting all through space at high speeds. Was it light? Who knows, but they are well capable of fighting at lightspeeds. Its not like they throw punches.

My point is that Hal is still human and he can only think and react as fast as a normal human. I may be wrong, but I have never heard that one of a GL ring's power was to speed up its users thoughts.

kgkg
Originally posted by TheKahn
Perhaps people should define what they mean by super speed. At Top speed the Lanterns have it, but as far as reaction time the Superman team has it. For example Supeman can viberate his body so fast that his face is blurred. I have never heard of a GL doing likewise. While both groups can fly at speeds faster than light, I think only the Superman team can actually fight at that speed.

All that being said, GLs win 10/10.
Superman team can fly at light speed?

Superman need a lot of acceleration just to reach that speed, he is not fighting anywhere near that speed.

And I agree Superman has better reaction speed than Gl’s

kevdude
there is 2 other people that should be on the Superman team thats not on it, Steel w/Entropy Aegis armor and The Eradicator. If those 2 was added to the Superman team could Supes team win then?? its more an even battle now. who would win??

TheKahn
Originally posted by kevdude
there is 2 other people that should be on the Superman team thats not on it, Steel w/Entropy Aegis armor and The Eradicator. If those 2 was added to the Superman team could Supes team win then?? its more an even battle now. who would win??

The killer here is that the GL rings can produce Kryptonite radiation. Take that away and you have a fight, if not then GLs dominate

The Ion
The GL's can also create other superheros to help them. smile

Avalonofthewind
As it stands Team Supes won't win.
A better Match up is:
Superman
Superboy
Matrix Supergirl
Eradicator
Strange Visitor

dman2008
Okay then add Steel with Ageis Armor and Eradicator to SSupes team

Draco69
Still have a curbstomp...

Superherovandal
not with The Entropy Aegis Armor it wouldn't be a curbstomp. then it would be an extremely good fight.

The Ion
Steel is the only one who'd last over 5 minutes. Team Lantern still takes 10/10.

superman302
if superman starts vibrating his molecules at superspeed no lantern is going to be able to hit him and can just speed blitz left and right.

Draco69
The Lanterns would just freeze time. Or use the ring to stop his molecules from vibrating.

And speedblitz is (PIS-free) impossible on a Green Lanterns. They have automated defenses.

The Ion
yes You guys just have to realize that Green Lanterns, written the way they can be, are out of Superman's league.

Adam Warlock
Originally posted by superman302

Surfer has battled at speeds faster than light. smile

Not many beings in the in either DC or Marvel Universe that could do that. smile

Ironmanpower
Is the question talk about Superman prime?
And what about Superman prime?
What the lantern theams can do vs him?

jrodslam
Originally posted by Adam Warlock
Surfer has battled at speeds faster than light. smile

Not many beings in the in either DC or Marvel Universe that could do that. smile

Where did Surfer come from? Its been stated on this board that Surfer can fight at light speeds, but yet noone here has proven that.

Flying in a circle at lightspeeds doesnt count as fighting at lightspeeds.

JediMasterLuke5
Originally posted by The Ion
yes You guys just have to realize that Green Lanterns, written the way they can be, are out of Superman's league.
Youre seriously overating the Lanterns, but they do take the first fight but not the second.

Draco69
Hardly. Green Lanterns are the ones being underestimated. They can do ANYTHING. Go to the Green Lantern Respect Thread and see how utterly outclassed Superman is.

The Ion
Youre seriously overating the Lanterns, but they do take the first fight but not the second. Not at all. I'm just one of the few people here who knows a Green Lantern can do more than create giant boxing gloves. It's pretty simple. GL's fighting to peak capacity = Dead Kryptonians

batmandaman
unless superteam pulls off a very coordinated speedblitz and instead of killing them, becuz the only one they could do that to is kyle cuz his ring doesn't have the auto-protect that the others have, they should take their rings. then it would be humans vs. kryptonians, and we all know who wins that one. but otherwise the GL's own.

Draco69
The Kyle thing WOULD be true..about two or three years ago. Kyle's ring has auto-protect features.

kgkg
too many good GL's

Superman alone will take his teamate no problem

Ironmanpower
Superman prime have the Green lantern ring.

Avalonofthewind
At this point, I've lost track of who's fighting.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.