New Orleans Man Gets Beaten By The Po Po

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Inspectah Deck
http://www.news24.com/News24/AnanziArticle/0,,2-10-1462_1813997,00.html

A 64 year old man was brutally beaten by a "gang" of cops. Stuff like this should mean automatic suspension of the cops

Capt_Fantastic
I don't believe that race was an issue.

I do however believe, that the police very well may have been. Cops don't respond to race alone....anymore....

If they want to beat the shit out of someone, they will...despite race.

Trying times are a cop-out.

No pun intended.

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
I don't believe that race was an issue.

I do however believe, that the police very well may have been. Cops don't respond to race alone....anymore....

If they want to beat the shit out of someone, they will...despite race.

Trying times are a cop-out.

No pun intended.

laughing out loud They beat up people in the states just for fun. Take L.A. for example

KidRock
RODNEY KING!!! white cop hits a black man its racist! RACIST!!

Spelljammer
That'll teach that bastard to be old without a liscence! laughing out loud

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by KidRock
Originally posted by Spelljammer
That'll teach that bastard to be old without a liscence! laughing out loud

wheelchair

Echuu
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f11/t371465.html

***cough***

Inspectah Deck
Grumble......

manny321
Well there was no reason for him to be beaten up. The police cannot prove he was drunk and his lawyer says he is not. My conclusion, these are some bad cops.

GCG
Saw the video and the cop harassing the press. These are some dumb cops.

Whittdawg92
There was no reason to punch him, regardless of race or anything of the sort. He was a freakin old man, that wasn't right. Police are trained in submission and in combat only if nessicary. Bullcrap is what it is

tabby999
Originally posted by KidRock

i think it was more an issue because two held him while one punched him in the head several times while yet another deliberatly tried to block the camera. they were thugs

stunna1773
damn po po i ought to kick their ass for gangin up on the old dude

DarkC
I wonder if they managed to hold on to their jobs.

stunna1773
the old man probavly gonna press charges

manny321
The old man actually a decent man. He speaks properly and lives a good life so he was no HOBO. I saw it on TV.

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by stunna1773
damn po po i ought to kick their ass for gangin up on the old dude

laughing out loud

Originally posted by GCG
Saw the video and the cop harassing the press. These are some dumb cops.

Yep. I saw it on CNN and was like " eek "

Capt_Fantastic
I think the big problem in this situation, is that:

-It "may" have been racially motivated.

-He "may" have been drunk.

But, I saw the video...and the big issue here is authority, or more precisely, abuse of authority. Cops are supposed to be above such things. But, they're human too. And, they take their issues and group mentality with them when they enter that role of authority.

Bottom line, these cops went way above and beyond....and they should spend time in jail for it.

stunna1773
well wut was the old man doin wrong

Susan-Storm
What ! that is nuts. no respect for the elderly

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
I think the big problem in this situation, is that:

-It "may" have been racially motivated.

-He "may" have been drunk.

But, I saw the video...and the big issue here is authority, or more precisely, abuse of authority. Cops are supposed to be above such things. But, they're human too. And, they take their issues and group mentality with them when they enter that role of authority.

Bottom line, these cops went way above and beyond....and they should spend time in jail for it.

What can a drunken old man do that can be so dangerous? laughing out loud

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by Inspectah Deck
What can a drunken old man do that can be so dangerous? laughing out loud

He could have fallen down, aggresivly, at any moment.

Inspectah Deck
laughing out loud

Julie
Why are news stories always focused on the negative?? Where are the stories of the people helping mend lives down there?

soleran30
Now its never funny when something like this occurs but why didn't they just tell the man to get on the ground and if he didn't comply just pepper spray him.........sucks yeah but all I can say is damnnnnn

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by Julie
Why are news stories always focused on the negative?? Where are the stories of the people helping mend lives down there?

Guess the Media don't like that stuff

Crack
The cops were definitely corrupt in New Orleans for a while whether it was racism or not. I dont believe they just became corrupt overnight because of the hurricane

Crack
Originally posted by Julie
Why are news stories always focused on the negative?? Where are the stories of the people helping mend lives down there? You know how the new is.It's always more interesting to say cops beat down geezers than to say they save babies.

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by Crack
The cops were definitely corrupt in New Orleans for a while whether it was racism or not. I dont believe they just became corrupt overnight because of the hurricane

Why you changed your name Robb? Do you want me to call you Yayo now?

Crack
Originally posted by Inspectah Deck
Why you changed your name Robb? Do you want me to call you Yayo now? I got bored. Call me yayo. I probably shoulda changed it to that.

WindDancer
Whether the old man was drunk or not why did the cops had to punch him on the face? There was 4 of them. Enough to subdued ANY friggin drunk. I usually don't sway so easily to police brutality. But this is indeed a clear case of abuse of authority.

There maybe similiarities between this case and the Rodney King video. In the sense that we don't know exactly what happen prior to the video taping. And besides there is a huge difference between this old man and Rodney. King is bigger and it would take more than 3 cops to subdue him. Whereas a 60 year old man can't be intimating. Especially if he is drunk and not walking straight.

Crack
Originally posted by WindDancer
Whether the old man was drunk or not why did the cops had to punch him on the face? There was 4 of them. Enough to subdued ANY friggin drunk. I usually don't sway so easily to police brutality. But this is indeed a clear case of abuse of authority.

There maybe similiarities between this case and the Rodney King video. In the sense that we don't know exactly what happen prior to the video taping. And besides there is a huge difference between this old man and Rodney. King is bigger and it would take more than 3 cops to subdue him. Whereas a 60 year old man can't be intimating. Especially if he is drunk and not walking straight. But he coulda barfed on them. He coulda won.

Susan-Storm
Originally posted by WindDancer

There maybe similiarities between this case and the Rodney King video. In the sense that we don't know exactly what happen prior to the video taping. And besides there is a huge difference between this old man and Rodney. King is bigger and it would take more than 3 cops to subdue him. Whereas a 60 year old man can't be intimating. Especially if he is drunk and not walking straight.

Yea i know

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by Crack
I got bored. Call me yayo. I probably shoulda changed it to that.

laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.