Marvel Strength Rating circa 1986

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

long pig
http://img285.imageshack.us/img285/4797/spiderstrenght1pc.jpg

Whatcha think?

The Ion
I love Black Bolt's talk bubble. laughing

Swanky-Tuna
I think it's funny that the lowest rank is just like "AND THE REST"

jrodslam
For one, Namor should be in the Super-Heavyweights. If everyones at their max strength, then he should be before Wonderman and interchangeable with Hercules. I also think Colossus and Surfer should be a teir higher.

And wheres Juggernaut?

ScarletSpider
Overtime some of it's changed of course, but I think it's a good guideline. Gruenwald was top notch and is sadly missed.

The Ion
Yeah, Surfer should be higher. Iron Man was given top tier status and he can only hold it for 2 seconds while Surfer who can hold it way longer is in the mid tier.

jrodslam
LP, do you have the ones from any other years?

ScarletSpider
I wish Marvel and more comics did stuff like this. Fun and in good spirit. I mean, yeah they aim to make money, but back in the day, they were also in it for the fun of it too, they used to be more like PT Barnum than Bill Gates.

Scoobless
who is the guy standing behind Wolverine and DareDevil?... The Shroud maybe?

and who is the guy to the immediate right of the Beast?

Adam Warlock
Originally posted by Scoobless

It's one of those cosmic cube beings. Ummmmmm...

Aquarian I think. Looks like him.

Creshosk
Originally posted by Adam Warlock
It's one of those cosmic cube beings. Ummmmmm...

Aquarian I think. Looks like him. Yep.

long pig
I thought it was jesus. sad

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by long pig
I thought it was Gay Jesus.

olympian
That ranking is fun. Spiderman saying he is in the same strenght class of guys like Surfer, Colossus and Ghost Rider.

Namor should be in the first tier. If that Wonderman was and he wasent stronger than Mariner by then iirc.

Its a nice effort, with some errors. Not only today being outdated but in that time as well.

willRules

laughing out loud I thought it was Jesus at first but he is beyond strength so it aint him laughing out loud

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Scoobless
who is the guy standing behind Wolverine and DareDevil?... The Shroud maybe?

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/7217/offhandbookmarveldeluxeedition.jpg

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/817/offhandbookmarveldeluxeedition1.jpg

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/7582/officialhandbookofthemarveluni.jpg

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/2075/officialhandbookofthemarveluni1.jpg

yahman
http://img285.imageshack.us/img285/4797/spiderstrenght1pc.jpg

Whatcha think?

hmmm this looks familiar .... It kind of reminds me of the Wizard Ultimate line up smile

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by yahman
hmmm this looks familiar .... It kind of reminds me of the Wizard Ultimate line up smile

Well thats irrelevant smile

yahman
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Well thats irrelevant smile

I'll take that as a compliment big grin

GalacticStorm
I'll take that as a compliment big grin

That long for a retort? embarrasment

Sorry to say it mate but i think you're losing Whirlys touch eek!

GalacticStorm
Back in 30 take your time mate eek! laughing out loud

yahman
G.S. have you ever tried to edit your message and it takes longer than 15 mins to type it in ? I just lost all this USEFUL info .... Any way what do you think of my up to date scale ? smile

Surfer has been promoted to the Super Heavy weights, as Wonderman has been demoted, IMO so has Vision, Thing and Sasquatch.

In aknowledgement of this, i still think this sytsem is far more accurate than the current marvel sytem.

My Rankings :

Fatty Boom Boom Weights : (limitless)

Mangog, Onslaught, King Thor, Eight Day Juggernaught, Midgard Serpent, Sutur, Odin, Champion avec Power Gem / Drax (for the same reason). Potential Hulk, Warrior Madness Thor, Kurse

Super Heavy Weights : (Sometimes, Limitless)

Count Nefaria, Hulk (Angry), Thor, Immortal Herc, Gladiator (Confident), BRB, Thanos, Sentry, Thor Buster Iron Man, Silver Surfer , Morg, Fire Lord, Juggernaught, Current She Hulk (apparently)

Middle Heavy Weights : (Sometimes thosuands of tons)

Ultimate Colossus, Atlas (Full size), Hulk Buster Iron Man, Iron Man + Power source, Namor (in water), Mortal Herc, Wonderman (enraged), Wendigo (original), Black Bolt (With amping), Sasquatch (original), Abomination, Current Juggeranught, Ultimate Thing, Ulik

Heavy Weights : (Around 100 tons )

Thing (616), Colossus, Vision (maximum Density), Rhino, Iron Man (normal), Sasquatch (current), Black Bolt (without amping), She Hulk (classic), Sandman, Warbird (with extra energy), Atlas (normal)

GalacticStorm
G.S. have you ever tried to edit your message and it takes longer than 15 mins to type it in ? I just lost all this USEFUL info .... Any way what do you think of my up to date scale ? smile

Surfer has been promoted to the Super Heavy weights, as Wonderman has been demoted, IMO so has Vision, Thing and Sasquatch.

In aknowledgement of this, i still think this sytsem is far more accurate than the current marvel sytem.

My Rankings :

Fatty Boom Boom Weights : (limitless)

Mangog, Onslaught, King Thor, Eight Day Juggernaught, Midgard Serpent, Sutur, Odin, Champion avec Power Gem / Drax (for the same reason). Potential Hulk, Warrior Madness Thor, Kurse

Super Heavy Weights : (Sometimes, Limitless)

Count Nefaria, Hulk (Angry), Thor, Immortal Herc, Gladiator (Confident), BRB, Thanos, Sentry, Thor Buster Iron Man, Silver Surfer , Morg, Fire Lord, Juggernaught, Current She Hulk (apparently)

Middle Heavy Weights : (Sometimes thosuands of tons)

Ultimate Colossus, Atlas (Full size), Hulk Buster Iron Man, Iron Man + Power source, Namor (in water), Mortal Herc, Wonderman (enraged), Wendigo (original), Black Bolt (With amping), Sasquatch (original), Abomination, Current Juggeranught, Ultimate Thing, Ulik

Heavy Weights : (Around 100 tons )

Thing (616), Colossus, Vision (maximum Density), Rhino, Iron Man (normal), Sasquatch (current), Black Bolt (without amping), She Hulk (classic), Sandman, Warbird (with extra energy), Atlas (normal)

Its alright i suppose roll eyes (sarcastic)

joesha28
They should give specific rating than again if given i would not much fun.

manjaro
well well it turns out that the dude was come kinda jesus after all, his occupation being a prohet and all

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.